Waiting for buses ruined my son’s trip to Cornwall
10:43am Wednesday 8th August 2012 in Letters
Your last week’s copy of Packet, reading A Letter From BM Goldsworthy- “Left Stranded Twice By Bus Service” - has prompted me to write my story to you, for printing I hope.
Last week my son came from overseas, for the Olympics, and came to see me for two days, Wednesday and Thursday, here in Cornwall, by National Bus/Coach, from London.
He was very keen on seeing The Lizard , Goonhilly and Mullion. We had to use “First Buses.” I planned the trip in this way:
1. We get the Number 35 at 08.08am to Falmouth Moor.
2. We get the Number 2 to Helston at 08.25am, but at Falmouth we wait at Dracaena Avenue stop (saves five minutes both buses.)
3. We arrive at Helston at 09.12am and await Number 39 to Lizard etc, which should be 09.52am, using bus route timetable book.
What a disaster that turned out.
1. The Number 35 was 15 minutes late.
2. We had to wait nearly two hours for the next Number 2.
3. We arrive at Helston at 10.20am.
4. We wait for the Number 37, nothing came, we were waiting in the street for about two and a half hours, when it was too late and we had to get back.
We finally got a bus Number 35 and headed home. What a complete waste of a day, especially for my son who was very upset about it all. And whose fault? I suggest they start playing with “Corgi” toys and get the previous bus company back.