North Cornwall (House of Commons)
Mr Dan Rogerson MP (Liberal Democrat)
Surgery: 4 Tower Street
Surgery Tel: 01566 777123
MP Since - 2005 Majority - 2,981 Born - 23/07/1975. Married, 2 sons.
Education - St Mary's School, Bodmin. Bodmin College, Cornwall. University of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Previous Occupation - Research assistant, Bedford Borough Council (1996-1998). Administrative officer, De Montfort University (1998-2002). Campaigns officer (Devon & Cornwall) Liberal Democrats (2002-2004). UNISON member (1996-1997).
Personal Overview - He has built up a strong campaigning reputation fighting Post office closures, council tax and for better services in Cornwall. His priorities include securing a fairer deal for Cornwall, fighting for more local decision making and helping everyone from farmers to teachers to do their jobs with less Government interference.
Political History - Councillor, Bedford Borough Council, (1999-2002). Contested North East Bedfordshire at the 2001 General Election. MP for North Cornwall (2005-). Vice-Chairman All-Party Homelessness & Housing Need Group (2006-). Member of the Environment, Food & Rural Affairs Select Committee (2005-). Shadow Minister for the Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (2005-06), Shadow Minister, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM)/Communities & Local Government Spokesman (2006-07). Shadow Minister for the Arts, Culture and Heritage (2007), Shadow Minister for Communities and Local Government (2007-10). Liberal Democrat Whip (2007-10).
Characteristics - Married to a primary school teacher. Voted best parliamentary candidate by the young people of Cornwall. Enjoys Blues Music.
Business Tel: 0207 219 4707
Interests: Health,Local Government
- Environment, Food & Rural Affairs Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for American Football (Member)
- Architecture and Planning (Associate Group) (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Friends of the Baha'is Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Cheese (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Computer and Video Games Industry (Member)
- Down's Syndrome Group (Secretary)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Gypsy Roma Travellers (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Heritage Rail (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Hill Farming (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on the Holy See (Secretary)
- Islamic Finance and Diversity in Financial Markets (Associate Group) (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Local Democracy (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Men's Health (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Muscular Dystrophy (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Packaging Manufacturing Industry (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Pigs and Poultry (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Print Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Religious Education (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Rural Services (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Spinal Cord Injury (Secretary)
- Sustainable Resource Group (Associate Group) (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Vaccine Damaged People (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Wholesale Group (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Bolivia (Member)
South West (European Parliament)
Earl William of Dartmouth MEP (UK Independence)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 23/09/49. 10th Earl of Dartmouth.
Education - Eton. Christchurch College, Oxford. Harvard Business School.
Previous Occupation - Chartered Accountant, working in the United Arab Emirates (1975-77). Worked in the US for 6 years before returning to work in the UK in 1983 in finance, property and communications. Director, Hanson Transport. Chairman and Founder of Kirklees Cable.
Personal Overview - Former Conservative Peer who defected to the UK Independence party successfully gained election to the European Parliament at the 2009 elections. From a background in accountancy, he has worked in several countries, including the United Arab Emirates and US. A former Hereditary Peer, he lost his seat in the House of Lords in November 1999 in the Lords reforms of that year. Having reinvented himself as a UK Independence member he has the opportunity to use his accountancy skills to highlight any financial issues within the EU.
Political History - General Election candidate (Conservative) for Leigh (February 1974), Stockport South (October 1974). Succeeded his father to became a member of the House of Lords (1997-99). European Parliament candidate (1999). Joined the UK Independence Party (2007). Current prospective parliamentary candidate for Exeter. MEP South West Region (2009-). Member of the Committee on International Trade (2009-). Substitute member of the Foreign Affairs Committee.
Other Information - At Oxford he was elected Secretary of the Oxford Union.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: 32(0)2 28 49735
Interests: Business & Finance
- Foreign Affairs (Substitute)
- International Trade (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org