First Cornish Brides awards honors best in bridal industry
3:50pm Thursday 25th October 2012 in News
The cream of Cornwall’s wedding industry has been honoured at a gala event at Truro’s Alverton Manor Hotel.
Winners of the first ever Cornish Brides Awards were announced in front of more than 100 VIP guests.
The event, organised and hosted by Scorrier-based Cornish Brides bridal magazine, was the first of its kind in the county and recognised talent, quality and dedication in the bridal industry.
Janice Robinson, editor of Cornish Brides, said: “We want these awards to be a fun and exciting process, but we also want them to become a benchmark for excellence within our industry.
“There are a lot of hugely talented and dedicated people working tirelessly to ensure that couple's wedding day dreams come true and we want to ensure those people get the recognition and reward they deserve.”
More than 200 businesses entered the awards and well over 5,000 votes were cast over the four months voting period.
“We have been amazed by the response, both from businesses and brides and it has only gone to show how much an award scheme such as this was needed within the industry,” added Janice.
A total of 36 businesses made it to the finals and 12 awards were presented on the evening, with accolades for everything from best wedding venue to photographer, florist, cake designer, beauty stylist and bridal boutique.
- Bridal Boutique of the Year: Lavender Rose Bridal Wear
- Wedding Cake Designer of the Year: Tina's Celebration Cakes
- Wedding Videographer of the Year: Jardis Films
- Bridal Beauty Stylist of the Year: Sally Orchard Make-up Artist
- Wedding Services of the Year: English Rose Wedding Stationery
- Wedding Transport of the Year: Treverbyn Cars
- Wedding Florist of the Year: Escential Blooms
- Wedding Designer of the Year: Annalise Harvey Bridal Wear
- Wedding Venue of the Year: St. Ives Harbour Hotel
- Wedding Photographer of the Year: Victoria Studios
- Wedding Day 'Wow' Factor Award: Partini Balloons
- The Bride's Choice Award: Neil Slade (currently of the Green Lawns Hotel)
Janice, together with managing partner Colin Robinson, who compered the evening and presented the awards, are now planning their 2013 awards night.
Next year’s awards will launch on January 7 and Janice said there was “no doubt” the ceremony would become an annual event.