A lost inscription dedicated to Penryn’s Glasney Church was rededicated on Saturday, 20 years after going missing.
The inscription on Cornish slate was dedicated to Glasney Collegiate Church in Penryn (1265-1548) and put up at the site 25 years ago, in the presence of the Archbishop of Canterbury and dedicated by the Bishop of Truro. It describes the history of the site and the importance of Glasney to the Cornish language.
After its original dedication the stone was found to be cracked and it was removed and repaired. It then disappeared for two decades and only reappeared a few weeks ago in St Gluvias Church. Penryn Town Council decided to replace it and the Rev Canon Philip Lambert arrived at Glasney Field to rededicate the stone.
Among those attending the rededication were people present at the original dedication and archaeological dig.