Filthy Helston building sparks call for action

Falmouth Packet: Is this the dirtiest building in Cornwall? Is this the dirtiest building in Cornwall?

A photo showing the dirty exterior of a Helston town centre building, accompanied by a call for action, has prompted an overwhelming response on Facebook.

Is this the dirtiest building in Helston, or Cornwall. Send us your pictures at editorial@packetseries.co.uk.

Katie Chown, who lives and works in Helston, posted the photo on Sunday showing the wall above Peacocks in Coinagehall Street.

The national chain does not own the building and is not responsible for keeping the wall clean, which is with the landlord.

Katie, who is a member of the Helston Business Improvement Partnership, wrote of the building: “It really sticks out as the dirtiest in the street and with our town's annual event on 8th May, thousands of visitors will be seeing it like this. Help please?” (sic) In the two days following, her post received hundreds of responses. As the Packet went to press 673 people had ‘liked’ the comment, 34 had shared it and it had received 149 replies.

Andy Perry, chairman of the Helston Business Improvement Partnership, which has a town aesthetics group, said it was a “great response” and showed the traders’ group members were not the only ones wanting to improve the town.

“What it does is encourage people to take a little bit of pride and care over the shops,” he said.

He added that the post highlighted what the HBIP were doing to improve the town.

The aesthetics group has been out in the town over the last three weeks cleaning signs and helping raise the standard of the town, ahead of Town Tidy event that will take place in April that it is hoped the entire town will get involved in.

Volunteers can get in touch via the Helston Traders Facebook page.

Comments (64)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:01am Wed 20 Mar 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Has the town manager not contacted the landlord then.
Has the town manager not contacted the landlord then. Gillian Zella Martin 09

9:10am Wed 20 Mar 13

telstar1962 says...

The wealthy few landlords of Helston's properties are a disgrace.

They quite happily take the rent from the tenants,then often wait for the hand outs and shop front schemes to pay for what is their responsibility

The front of the charity shop next door to the featured property in this article,has been filthy for a long time,and is only being cleaned up now that its about to have new tenants (another charity shop)

It's time that landlords of these shops reviewed their policy,and should not need to be shamed into action.

I wouldn't think that their own houses where they live would look like these filthy properties.
The wealthy few landlords of Helston's properties are a disgrace. They quite happily take the rent from the tenants,then often wait for the hand outs and shop front schemes to pay for what is their responsibility The front of the charity shop next door to the featured property in this article,has been filthy for a long time,and is only being cleaned up now that its about to have new tenants (another charity shop) It's time that landlords of these shops reviewed their policy,and should not need to be shamed into action. I wouldn't think that their own houses where they live would look like these filthy properties. telstar1962

10:19am Wed 20 Mar 13

ronedgcumbe says...

Gillian Zella Martin 09 wrote:
Has the town manager not contacted the landlord then.
My first thout as well. The town is spending around £1500 a week on town centre management. I would of thout this would be a priority for the tcm team.
[quote][p][bold]Gillian Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: Has the town manager not contacted the landlord then.[/p][/quote]My first thout as well. The town is spending around £1500 a week on town centre management. I would of thout this would be a priority for the tcm team. ronedgcumbe

10:26am Wed 20 Mar 13

telstar1962 says...

Without wanting to sound negative, it surely is a priority for the property owner,and for him to show some pride in Helston
Without wanting to sound negative, it surely is a priority for the property owner,and for him to show some pride in Helston telstar1962

10:36am Wed 20 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

The town Manager is indeed working hard as part of the HBIP group to contact all the landlords of all the premises in town. But there are a lot! This was just one small example of an attempt to get hold of a landlord, other than the many phone calls and letters the town manager has been doing, it just so happened, this one created a massive response!
The outcome was successful and just happened to pip other contact methods to the post.
The town Manager is indeed working hard as part of the HBIP group to contact all the landlords of all the premises in town. But there are a lot! This was just one small example of an attempt to get hold of a landlord, other than the many phone calls and letters the town manager has been doing, it just so happened, this one created a massive response! The outcome was successful and just happened to pip other contact methods to the post. krazyitchkatie

10:38am Wed 20 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

I live above the charity shop next door, and have to say in his defence, my landlord is very proactive comparitively speaking. The whole building is being maintained, repainted and improved as part of his annual refurb and yes, it coincides with a shop refit as the previous shop unfortunately had to close.
I live above the charity shop next door, and have to say in his defence, my landlord is very proactive comparitively speaking. The whole building is being maintained, repainted and improved as part of his annual refurb and yes, it coincides with a shop refit as the previous shop unfortunately had to close. krazyitchkatie

11:01am Wed 20 Mar 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

The Helston Business Improvement partnership has done wonders since it evolved and are working very hard to continue to improve Helston. Hopefully due to publicity the landlords will work in conjunction with them now in order to make Helston a clean and well presented town. Helston certainly appears to be improving by the day due to all those involved in the HBIP.
The Helston Business Improvement partnership has done wonders since it evolved and are working very hard to continue to improve Helston. Hopefully due to publicity the landlords will work in conjunction with them now in order to make Helston a clean and well presented town. Helston certainly appears to be improving by the day due to all those involved in the HBIP. Gillian Zella Martin 09

11:43am Wed 20 Mar 13

Wave says...

My artist friend would say this is the most interesting building.
Anything with dirt or things growing on it are aesthetically more rich than a clean plain building.
Seeing as Helston is promoting the Arts, perhaps it should consider again what it really stands for.
My artist friend would say this is the most interesting building. Anything with dirt or things growing on it are aesthetically more rich than a clean plain building. Seeing as Helston is promoting the Arts, perhaps it should consider again what it really stands for. Wave

12:02pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Red Eric says...

Its nothing to do with the HBIP, they can only pressure the landlord into doing something, or give a modest grant.
Whats the betting because of all this publicity its done by the weekend ??

I agree with Mr Martin, because of all the good work done by the HBIP Helston gets better by the day.

Instead of moaning all the time Ron Edgecombe, why not get on and help improve the Town. Help in the sign cleaning, help in the Town tidy up. It looks as if you are just an armchair critic, who doesnt want to actually help the Town you live and work in.
Its nothing to do with the HBIP, they can only pressure the landlord into doing something, or give a modest grant. Whats the betting because of all this publicity its done by the weekend ?? I agree with Mr Martin, because of all the good work done by the HBIP Helston gets better by the day. Instead of moaning all the time Ron Edgecombe, why not get on and help improve the Town. Help in the sign cleaning, help in the Town tidy up. It looks as if you are just an armchair critic, who doesnt want to actually help the Town you live and work in. Red Eric

1:21pm Wed 20 Mar 13

meerkats says...

Well done to the HBIP, working hard to improve the town and getting results. Surely the owner must have known how bad it looks and should not wait to be contacted by HBIP team to do something about it.
Well done to the HBIP, working hard to improve the town and getting results. Surely the owner must have known how bad it looks and should not wait to be contacted by HBIP team to do something about it. meerkats

2:52pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Jo Kernow says...

Why would the town manager need to contact all the landlords, not all landlord owned properties are dirty, he has had long enough to contact that particular one and try to get them to paint it,
isnt that the sort of thing he wanted assistants for, Ron stand for council I have the misfortune to live in Porthleven but will be moving to Helston soon because it is cheaper to rent in Helston.
Why would the town manager need to contact all the landlords, not all landlord owned properties are dirty, he has had long enough to contact that particular one and try to get them to paint it, isnt that the sort of thing he wanted assistants for, Ron stand for council I have the misfortune to live in Porthleven but will be moving to Helston soon because it is cheaper to rent in Helston. Jo Kernow

2:56pm Wed 20 Mar 13

ronedgcumbe says...

Red Eric wrote:
Its nothing to do with the HBIP, they can only pressure the landlord into doing something, or give a modest grant.
Whats the betting because of all this publicity its done by the weekend ??

I agree with Mr Martin, because of all the good work done by the HBIP Helston gets better by the day.

Instead of moaning all the time Ron Edgecombe, why not get on and help improve the Town. Help in the sign cleaning, help in the Town tidy up. It looks as if you are just an armchair critic, who doesnt want to actually help the Town you live and work in.
Fair comment. I have been meaning to do just that. Ill see what I can do.
[quote][p][bold]Red Eric[/bold] wrote: Its nothing to do with the HBIP, they can only pressure the landlord into doing something, or give a modest grant. Whats the betting because of all this publicity its done by the weekend ?? I agree with Mr Martin, because of all the good work done by the HBIP Helston gets better by the day. Instead of moaning all the time Ron Edgecombe, why not get on and help improve the Town. Help in the sign cleaning, help in the Town tidy up. It looks as if you are just an armchair critic, who doesnt want to actually help the Town you live and work in.[/p][/quote]Fair comment. I have been meaning to do just that. Ill see what I can do. ronedgcumbe

3:08pm Wed 20 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

Jo Kernow wrote:
Why would the town manager need to contact all the landlords, not all landlord owned properties are dirty, he has had long enough to contact that particular one and try to get them to paint it,
isnt that the sort of thing he wanted assistants for, Ron stand for council I have the misfortune to live in Porthleven but will be moving to Helston soon because it is cheaper to rent in Helston.
Funnily enough it's not his only task. The HBIP consists of local volunteers who are trying to get all of town up to standard - the properties that are already clean are often those associated with said volunteers, which speaks for itself. And all landlords/shops/busi
ness have been contacted because there is limited funding available for helping improve shopfronts - there is so much going on under the surface that people such as the town manager do for the benefit of the town and its people.
[quote][p][bold]Jo Kernow[/bold] wrote: Why would the town manager need to contact all the landlords, not all landlord owned properties are dirty, he has had long enough to contact that particular one and try to get them to paint it, isnt that the sort of thing he wanted assistants for, Ron stand for council I have the misfortune to live in Porthleven but will be moving to Helston soon because it is cheaper to rent in Helston.[/p][/quote]Funnily enough it's not his only task. The HBIP consists of local volunteers who are trying to get all of town up to standard - the properties that are already clean are often those associated with said volunteers, which speaks for itself. And all landlords/shops/busi ness have been contacted because there is limited funding available for helping improve shopfronts - there is so much going on under the surface that people such as the town manager do for the benefit of the town and its people. krazyitchkatie

3:11pm Wed 20 Mar 13

ronedgcumbe says...

Jo Kernow wrote:
Why would the town manager need to contact all the landlords, not all landlord owned properties are dirty, he has had long enough to contact that particular one and try to get them to paint it,
isnt that the sort of thing he wanted assistants for, Ron stand for council I have the misfortune to live in Porthleven but will be moving to Helston soon because it is cheaper to rent in Helston.
Thanks Jo. I agree the excuse makes little sence. Identify the guilty landlords I surgest by contacting the land registry and target them. There are mainly good landlords in the town why target them all.
[quote][p][bold]Jo Kernow[/bold] wrote: Why would the town manager need to contact all the landlords, not all landlord owned properties are dirty, he has had long enough to contact that particular one and try to get them to paint it, isnt that the sort of thing he wanted assistants for, Ron stand for council I have the misfortune to live in Porthleven but will be moving to Helston soon because it is cheaper to rent in Helston.[/p][/quote]Thanks Jo. I agree the excuse makes little sence. Identify the guilty landlords I surgest by contacting the land registry and target them. There are mainly good landlords in the town why target them all. ronedgcumbe

3:48pm Wed 20 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Jo Kernow wrote:
Why would the town manager need to contact all the landlords, not all landlord owned properties are dirty, he has had long enough to contact that particular one and try to get them to paint it,
isnt that the sort of thing he wanted assistants for, Ron stand for council I have the misfortune to live in Porthleven but will be moving to Helston soon because it is cheaper to rent in Helston.
Thanks Jo. I agree the excuse makes little sence. Identify the guilty landlords I surgest by contacting the land registry and target them. There are mainly good landlords in the town why target them all.
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Identify the guilty landlords I surgest by contacting the land registry and target them. There are mainly good landlords in the town why target them all.

Again, because there are grants available so it's only fair to give everyone a chance to apply.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jo Kernow[/bold] wrote: Why would the town manager need to contact all the landlords, not all landlord owned properties are dirty, he has had long enough to contact that particular one and try to get them to paint it, isnt that the sort of thing he wanted assistants for, Ron stand for council I have the misfortune to live in Porthleven but will be moving to Helston soon because it is cheaper to rent in Helston.[/p][/quote]Thanks Jo. I agree the excuse makes little sence. Identify the guilty landlords I surgest by contacting the land registry and target them. There are mainly good landlords in the town why target them all.[/p][/quote]ronedgcumbe wrote: Identify the guilty landlords I surgest by contacting the land registry and target them. There are mainly good landlords in the town why target them all. Again, because there are grants available so it's only fair to give everyone a chance to apply. krazyitchkatie

6:20pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Jo Kernow says...

Since when do people contact people to offer them grants, any grants available for anything have to be applied for and it is up to people to find out about them. Why are they wasting money offering grants anyway, the landlords make money from renting out their buildings so any maintainence/paintin
g should be paid for by the landlord/property owner. If grants are available then one advert advertising them should be enough and leave people to apply. Dont know anywhere else where people write to people offering a grant. I agree with ronegdcumbe.
Since when do people contact people to offer them grants, any grants available for anything have to be applied for and it is up to people to find out about them. Why are they wasting money offering grants anyway, the landlords make money from renting out their buildings so any maintainence/paintin g should be paid for by the landlord/property owner. If grants are available then one advert advertising them should be enough and leave people to apply. Dont know anywhere else where people write to people offering a grant. I agree with ronegdcumbe. Jo Kernow

6:50pm Wed 20 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme.
Any more holes you can try to pick?
Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme. Any more holes you can try to pick? krazyitchkatie

7:14pm Wed 20 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

At the end of the day, what is wrong with a group of volunteers cleaning up the town?
At the end of the day, what is wrong with a group of volunteers cleaning up the town? krazyitchkatie

7:21pm Wed 20 Mar 13

telstar1962 says...

What is wrong is absent landlords,just taking the rents,not keeping their property clean and tidy.

Please advise me when grants are available to maintain my property. Thanks.
What is wrong is absent landlords,just taking the rents,not keeping their property clean and tidy. Please advise me when grants are available to maintain my property. Thanks. telstar1962

7:33pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

When the Helston HBIP first started I admit that I was sceptical about its formation because although I have always been in favour of community interest groups and business partnerships etc, I had great reservations about the Helston one because of the intial funding money involved and how it would be spent. However, the HBIP has proven to be a success and I was wrong to be sceptical, they have achieved a lot in Helston and I think the town guide recently distributed is great, so whichever way they achieve the clean up in the town is not really important it is the fact they are doing it which is important and I hope the town manager does contact landlord/s if that is what helps. There will probably be those that will criticize me for changing my views but I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and I was wrong about the HBIP initially. They are making a success of what they are doing with a lot of hard work.
I additionally believe that theTown Council has really come forward and worked well of recent months and I think Helston is definitely moving in the right direction for overall success.
When the Helston HBIP first started I admit that I was sceptical about its formation because although I have always been in favour of community interest groups and business partnerships etc, I had great reservations about the Helston one because of the intial funding money involved and how it would be spent. However, the HBIP has proven to be a success and I was wrong to be sceptical, they have achieved a lot in Helston and I think the town guide recently distributed is great, so whichever way they achieve the clean up in the town is not really important it is the fact they are doing it which is important and I hope the town manager does contact landlord/s if that is what helps. There will probably be those that will criticize me for changing my views but I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and I was wrong about the HBIP initially. They are making a success of what they are doing with a lot of hard work. I additionally believe that theTown Council has really come forward and worked well of recent months and I think Helston is definitely moving in the right direction for overall success. Gillian Zella Martin 09

7:38pm Wed 20 Mar 13

ronedgcumbe says...

krazyitchkatie wrote:
Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme.
Any more holes you can try to pick?
I dont think anyone is tryingg to pick at the HBIP, people that give there time for free for the the good of the town should certainly be aplauded. I think it is aimed at the ever increasing tcm team.
I do question rather is it right to encourage rich landlords to apply for grants when grants for the disabled for vital adaptions are being denied
[quote][p][bold]krazyitchkatie[/bold] wrote: Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme. Any more holes you can try to pick?[/p][/quote]I dont think anyone is tryingg to pick at the HBIP, people that give there time for free for the the good of the town should certainly be aplauded. I think it is aimed at the ever increasing tcm team. I do question rather is it right to encourage rich landlords to apply for grants when grants for the disabled for vital adaptions are being denied ronedgcumbe

8:03pm Wed 20 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
krazyitchkatie wrote:
Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme.
Any more holes you can try to pick?
I dont think anyone is tryingg to pick at the HBIP, people that give there time for free for the the good of the town should certainly be aplauded. I think it is aimed at the ever increasing tcm team.
I do question rather is it right to encourage rich landlords to apply for grants when grants for the disabled for vital adaptions are being denied
Ok thank you, but that is one battle that we will never win and for the sake of a very small tight budget of grants we do not want to forsake the overall well being of the town. The applications are being judged closely and carefully according to biggest need, and lots of other appropriate criteria, so it will be assigned appropriately :-)
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]krazyitchkatie[/bold] wrote: Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme. Any more holes you can try to pick?[/p][/quote]I dont think anyone is tryingg to pick at the HBIP, people that give there time for free for the the good of the town should certainly be aplauded. I think it is aimed at the ever increasing tcm team. I do question rather is it right to encourage rich landlords to apply for grants when grants for the disabled for vital adaptions are being denied[/p][/quote]Ok thank you, but that is one battle that we will never win and for the sake of a very small tight budget of grants we do not want to forsake the overall well being of the town. The applications are being judged closely and carefully according to biggest need, and lots of other appropriate criteria, so it will be assigned appropriately :-) krazyitchkatie

8:09pm Wed 20 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

telstar1962 wrote:
What is wrong is absent landlords,just taking the rents,not keeping their property clean and tidy.

Please advise me when grants are available to maintain my property. Thanks.
Agreed, but we are never going to move forwards without what we are doing :-(
Perhaps you could set up a volunteer group to spend months battling for funding for local domestic properties too?
[quote][p][bold]telstar1962[/bold] wrote: What is wrong is absent landlords,just taking the rents,not keeping their property clean and tidy. Please advise me when grants are available to maintain my property. Thanks.[/p][/quote]Agreed, but we are never going to move forwards without what we are doing :-( Perhaps you could set up a volunteer group to spend months battling for funding for local domestic properties too? krazyitchkatie

8:31pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Jo Kernow says...

krazyitchkatie wrote:
Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme.
Any more holes you can try to pick?
Its not picking holes its called having an opinion and as for the town guide saying 'perfect place' dosnt sound very perfect right now with you accusing customers to the shops of picking holes. I just dont happen to agree about giving grants to landlords, didnt think that was what the tesco money was meant for. Sounds like you are having a dig at telstar 1962 as well about setting up a volunteer group, what are you trying to do put everyone off shopping in Helston, a nice clean town but no shoppers because you had digs at them all, that makes sense.
[quote][p][bold]krazyitchkatie[/bold] wrote: Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme. Any more holes you can try to pick?[/p][/quote]Its not picking holes its called having an opinion and as for the town guide saying 'perfect place' dosnt sound very perfect right now with you accusing customers to the shops of picking holes. I just dont happen to agree about giving grants to landlords, didnt think that was what the tesco money was meant for. Sounds like you are having a dig at telstar 1962 as well about setting up a volunteer group, what are you trying to do put everyone off shopping in Helston, a nice clean town but no shoppers because you had digs at them all, that makes sense. Jo Kernow

8:36pm Wed 20 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

Jo Kernow wrote:
krazyitchkatie wrote:
Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme.
Any more holes you can try to pick?
Its not picking holes its called having an opinion and as for the town guide saying 'perfect place' dosnt sound very perfect right now with you accusing customers to the shops of picking holes. I just dont happen to agree about giving grants to landlords, didnt think that was what the tesco money was meant for. Sounds like you are having a dig at telstar 1962 as well about setting up a volunteer group, what are you trying to do put everyone off shopping in Helston, a nice clean town but no shoppers because you had digs at them all, that makes sense.
Nope, just defending the hard work of the volunteers and keep the main point alive which is all this is being done with genuine good intentions, to make the place we live in the best that it can be. For everyone :-)
[quote][p][bold]Jo Kernow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]krazyitchkatie[/bold] wrote: Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme. Any more holes you can try to pick?[/p][/quote]Its not picking holes its called having an opinion and as for the town guide saying 'perfect place' dosnt sound very perfect right now with you accusing customers to the shops of picking holes. I just dont happen to agree about giving grants to landlords, didnt think that was what the tesco money was meant for. Sounds like you are having a dig at telstar 1962 as well about setting up a volunteer group, what are you trying to do put everyone off shopping in Helston, a nice clean town but no shoppers because you had digs at them all, that makes sense.[/p][/quote]Nope, just defending the hard work of the volunteers and keep the main point alive which is all this is being done with genuine good intentions, to make the place we live in the best that it can be. For everyone :-) krazyitchkatie

8:41pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Jo Kernow says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
krazyitchkatie wrote:
Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme.
Any more holes you can try to pick?
I dont think anyone is tryingg to pick at the HBIP, people that give there time for free for the the good of the town should certainly be aplauded. I think it is aimed at the ever increasing tcm team.
I do question rather is it right to encourage rich landlords to apply for grants when grants for the disabled for vital adaptions are being denied
Ron you are so right, hurry up and get into the council. With my wages and rent i pay i wish someone would bribe me with a grant to paint my property that the lordlord dosnt seem to want to do.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]krazyitchkatie[/bold] wrote: Again, the volunteers have sought funding to help clean up the town, and have given up their spare time to go around to everyone so that they can apply so that we get our outcome of a better town. And it is a match funding scheme. Any more holes you can try to pick?[/p][/quote]I dont think anyone is tryingg to pick at the HBIP, people that give there time for free for the the good of the town should certainly be aplauded. I think it is aimed at the ever increasing tcm team. I do question rather is it right to encourage rich landlords to apply for grants when grants for the disabled for vital adaptions are being denied[/p][/quote]Ron you are so right, hurry up and get into the council. With my wages and rent i pay i wish someone would bribe me with a grant to paint my property that the lordlord dosnt seem to want to do. Jo Kernow

8:43pm Wed 20 Mar 13

TheOriginaDelboy says...

Hey krazyitchkatie

You sound like me just under a year ago when we started the HBIP.

I've spent a lot of time on this website explaining the HBIP but many people have little interest in what you say.

Some people on here always try reading between the lines, even if there is nothing between the lines, they make it up anyway (for example, the TCM team..........that currently consists of a town manager and has for about four months).

I gave up trying to explain things but wish you well in your attempts and warn you, they have more spare time that we do.
Hey krazyitchkatie You sound like me just under a year ago when we started the HBIP. I've spent a lot of time on this website explaining the HBIP but many people have little interest in what you say. Some people on here always try reading between the lines, even if there is nothing between the lines, they make it up anyway (for example, the TCM team..........that currently consists of a town manager and has for about four months). I gave up trying to explain things but wish you well in your attempts and warn you, they have more spare time that we do. TheOriginaDelboy

8:46pm Wed 20 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

Just keeping the debate balanced with facts to complement the opinions :-)
Just keeping the debate balanced with facts to complement the opinions :-) krazyitchkatie

8:51pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Jo Kernow says...

TheOriginaDelboy wrote:
Hey krazyitchkatie

You sound like me just under a year ago when we started the HBIP.

I've spent a lot of time on this website explaining the HBIP but many people have little interest in what you say.

Some people on here always try reading between the lines, even if there is nothing between the lines, they make it up anyway (for example, the TCM team..........that currently consists of a town manager and has for about four months).

I gave up trying to explain things but wish you well in your attempts and warn you, they have more spare time that we do.
Thought you said you wernt going to comment anymore Delboy a while ago. You obviously still have time to read it though and couldnt resist commenting. town management team and assistant even if she left bound to be replaced and what about all those apprentices. Town council are a waste of time to.
[quote][p][bold]TheOriginaDelboy[/bold] wrote: Hey krazyitchkatie You sound like me just under a year ago when we started the HBIP. I've spent a lot of time on this website explaining the HBIP but many people have little interest in what you say. Some people on here always try reading between the lines, even if there is nothing between the lines, they make it up anyway (for example, the TCM team..........that currently consists of a town manager and has for about four months). I gave up trying to explain things but wish you well in your attempts and warn you, they have more spare time that we do.[/p][/quote]Thought you said you wernt going to comment anymore Delboy a while ago. You obviously still have time to read it though and couldnt resist commenting. town management team and assistant even if she left bound to be replaced and what about all those apprentices. Town council are a waste of time to. Jo Kernow

8:53pm Wed 20 Mar 13

ronedgcumbe says...

I think that maybe the HBIP is great for the town but they are a new institution and sometimes make mistakes. If they just admited that a we sometimes get it wrong but are working hard for the town they would be less open to critism and maybe more people would come onboard.
They could start with ditching the awfull logo and strapline which is realy putting people off and opens acusations of them wasting money.
I think that maybe the HBIP is great for the town but they are a new institution and sometimes make mistakes. If they just admited that a we sometimes get it wrong but are working hard for the town they would be less open to critism and maybe more people would come onboard. They could start with ditching the awfull logo and strapline which is realy putting people off and opens acusations of them wasting money. ronedgcumbe

8:54pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Jo Kernow says...

Gillian Zella Martin 09 wrote:
When the Helston HBIP first started I admit that I was sceptical about its formation because although I have always been in favour of community interest groups and business partnerships etc, I had great reservations about the Helston one because of the intial funding money involved and how it would be spent. However, the HBIP has proven to be a success and I was wrong to be sceptical, they have achieved a lot in Helston and I think the town guide recently distributed is great, so whichever way they achieve the clean up in the town is not really important it is the fact they are doing it which is important and I hope the town manager does contact landlord/s if that is what helps. There will probably be those that will criticize me for changing my views but I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and I was wrong about the HBIP initially. They are making a success of what they are doing with a lot of hard work.
I additionally believe that theTown Council has really come forward and worked well of recent months and I think Helston is definitely moving in the right direction for overall success.
How come you changed your mind Gill are you going out with a town councillor.
[quote][p][bold]Gillian Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: When the Helston HBIP first started I admit that I was sceptical about its formation because although I have always been in favour of community interest groups and business partnerships etc, I had great reservations about the Helston one because of the intial funding money involved and how it would be spent. However, the HBIP has proven to be a success and I was wrong to be sceptical, they have achieved a lot in Helston and I think the town guide recently distributed is great, so whichever way they achieve the clean up in the town is not really important it is the fact they are doing it which is important and I hope the town manager does contact landlord/s if that is what helps. There will probably be those that will criticize me for changing my views but I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and I was wrong about the HBIP initially. They are making a success of what they are doing with a lot of hard work. I additionally believe that theTown Council has really come forward and worked well of recent months and I think Helston is definitely moving in the right direction for overall success.[/p][/quote]How come you changed your mind Gill are you going out with a town councillor. Jo Kernow

8:59pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Jo Kernow says...

TheOriginaDelboy wrote:
Hey krazyitchkatie

You sound like me just under a year ago when we started the HBIP.

I've spent a lot of time on this website explaining the HBIP but many people have little interest in what you say.

Some people on here always try reading between the lines, even if there is nothing between the lines, they make it up anyway (for example, the TCM team..........that currently consists of a town manager and has for about four months).

I gave up trying to explain things but wish you well in your attempts and warn you, they have more spare time that we do.
No we dont have more spare time than you i bet work more hours than you do.
[quote][p][bold]TheOriginaDelboy[/bold] wrote: Hey krazyitchkatie You sound like me just under a year ago when we started the HBIP. I've spent a lot of time on this website explaining the HBIP but many people have little interest in what you say. Some people on here always try reading between the lines, even if there is nothing between the lines, they make it up anyway (for example, the TCM team..........that currently consists of a town manager and has for about four months). I gave up trying to explain things but wish you well in your attempts and warn you, they have more spare time that we do.[/p][/quote]No we dont have more spare time than you i bet work more hours than you do. Jo Kernow

9:01pm Wed 20 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
I think that maybe the HBIP is great for the town but they are a new institution and sometimes make mistakes. If they just admited that a we sometimes get it wrong but are working hard for the town they would be less open to critism and maybe more people would come onboard.
They could start with ditching the awfull logo and strapline which is realy putting people off and opens acusations of them wasting money.
Agreed - there has to be leaway on both sides. Constructive criticism is always helpful :-)
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: I think that maybe the HBIP is great for the town but they are a new institution and sometimes make mistakes. If they just admited that a we sometimes get it wrong but are working hard for the town they would be less open to critism and maybe more people would come onboard. They could start with ditching the awfull logo and strapline which is realy putting people off and opens acusations of them wasting money.[/p][/quote]Agreed - there has to be leaway on both sides. Constructive criticism is always helpful :-) krazyitchkatie

9:03pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Jo Kernow says...

You are right Ron the logo is rubbish.
You are right Ron the logo is rubbish. Jo Kernow

9:19pm Wed 20 Mar 13

meerkats says...

Jo Kernow wrote:
Gillian Zella Martin 09 wrote:
When the Helston HBIP first started I admit that I was sceptical about its formation because although I have always been in favour of community interest groups and business partnerships etc, I had great reservations about the Helston one because of the intial funding money involved and how it would be spent. However, the HBIP has proven to be a success and I was wrong to be sceptical, they have achieved a lot in Helston and I think the town guide recently distributed is great, so whichever way they achieve the clean up in the town is not really important it is the fact they are doing it which is important and I hope the town manager does contact landlord/s if that is what helps. There will probably be those that will criticize me for changing my views but I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and I was wrong about the HBIP initially. They are making a success of what they are doing with a lot of hard work.
I additionally believe that theTown Council has really come forward and worked well of recent months and I think Helston is definitely moving in the right direction for overall success.
How come you changed your mind Gill are you going out with a town councillor.
Everyone is entitled to change their mind and Gill has explained why. think your remark asking her if she is going out with a councillor unecessary .
[quote][p][bold]Jo Kernow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gillian Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: When the Helston HBIP first started I admit that I was sceptical about its formation because although I have always been in favour of community interest groups and business partnerships etc, I had great reservations about the Helston one because of the intial funding money involved and how it would be spent. However, the HBIP has proven to be a success and I was wrong to be sceptical, they have achieved a lot in Helston and I think the town guide recently distributed is great, so whichever way they achieve the clean up in the town is not really important it is the fact they are doing it which is important and I hope the town manager does contact landlord/s if that is what helps. There will probably be those that will criticize me for changing my views but I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and I was wrong about the HBIP initially. They are making a success of what they are doing with a lot of hard work. I additionally believe that theTown Council has really come forward and worked well of recent months and I think Helston is definitely moving in the right direction for overall success.[/p][/quote]How come you changed your mind Gill are you going out with a town councillor.[/p][/quote]Everyone is entitled to change their mind and Gill has explained why. think your remark asking her if she is going out with a councillor unecessary . meerkats

9:20pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Jo Kernow wrote:
Gillian Zella Martin 09 wrote:
When the Helston HBIP first started I admit that I was sceptical about its formation because although I have always been in favour of community interest groups and business partnerships etc, I had great reservations about the Helston one because of the intial funding money involved and how it would be spent. However, the HBIP has proven to be a success and I was wrong to be sceptical, they have achieved a lot in Helston and I think the town guide recently distributed is great, so whichever way they achieve the clean up in the town is not really important it is the fact they are doing it which is important and I hope the town manager does contact landlord/s if that is what helps. There will probably be those that will criticize me for changing my views but I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and I was wrong about the HBIP initially. They are making a success of what they are doing with a lot of hard work.
I additionally believe that theTown Council has really come forward and worked well of recent months and I think Helston is definitely moving in the right direction for overall success.
How come you changed your mind Gill are you going out with a town councillor.
Jo Kernow I object to your remark as would all the Helston Town Councillors no doubt. It is categorically untrue and I suggest if you do not have anything constructive to post then you refrain from doing so.

I made it clear in my previous post that I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and changed my views about the HBIP simply because my initial views were wrong. I believe in giving credit where due and the HBIP deserves credit. There is no other reason for me changing my views other than I was wrong.
[quote][p][bold]Jo Kernow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gillian Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: When the Helston HBIP first started I admit that I was sceptical about its formation because although I have always been in favour of community interest groups and business partnerships etc, I had great reservations about the Helston one because of the intial funding money involved and how it would be spent. However, the HBIP has proven to be a success and I was wrong to be sceptical, they have achieved a lot in Helston and I think the town guide recently distributed is great, so whichever way they achieve the clean up in the town is not really important it is the fact they are doing it which is important and I hope the town manager does contact landlord/s if that is what helps. There will probably be those that will criticize me for changing my views but I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and I was wrong about the HBIP initially. They are making a success of what they are doing with a lot of hard work. I additionally believe that theTown Council has really come forward and worked well of recent months and I think Helston is definitely moving in the right direction for overall success.[/p][/quote]How come you changed your mind Gill are you going out with a town councillor.[/p][/quote]Jo Kernow I object to your remark as would all the Helston Town Councillors no doubt. It is categorically untrue and I suggest if you do not have anything constructive to post then you refrain from doing so. I made it clear in my previous post that I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and changed my views about the HBIP simply because my initial views were wrong. I believe in giving credit where due and the HBIP deserves credit. There is no other reason for me changing my views other than I was wrong. Gillian Zella Martin 09

9:35pm Wed 20 Mar 13

meerkats says...

The more i read her remark (jo kernow) the angrier i get ,Gill ,just because you have changed your opinion there is no need for her or anyone else to make a personal comment which is untrue anyway. At some point on most articles ,some commenters feel the need to be insulting and,rude to others which is a shame.
The more i read her remark (jo kernow) the angrier i get ,Gill ,just because you have changed your opinion there is no need for her or anyone else to make a personal comment which is untrue anyway. At some point on most articles ,some commenters feel the need to be insulting and,rude to others which is a shame. meerkats

9:37pm Wed 20 Mar 13

TheOriginaDelboy says...

Yes Jo, I have previously said that I wouldn't post on here again due to wasting my time but I thought I'd see how Katie's story is going and seeing how the conversations were going, thought I'd share my experience of this site with her.

I was not surprised to see the usual people complaining about the town manager, council and anyone else who is proactive in town being blamed for the the downturn in the world economy and no I couldn't resist defending the many people I work with in the HBIP.

If you really want to bet on working hours, I worked from 8am to 9pm yesterday. Today just 8am and still at it, I do have a day off tomorrow though, so I thought I'd have a look on here for some inspiration.

Ron, no one says the HBIP are always right, but we do what with think is right and vote on all issues that need voting on, so we're a democracy working for our members.

Good luck krazyitchkatie
Yes Jo, I have previously said that I wouldn't post on here again due to wasting my time but I thought I'd see how Katie's story is going and seeing how the conversations were going, thought I'd share my experience of this site with her. I was not surprised to see the usual people complaining about the town manager, council and anyone else who is proactive in town being blamed for the the downturn in the world economy and no I couldn't resist defending the many people I work with in the HBIP. If you really want to bet on working hours, I worked from 8am to 9pm yesterday. Today just 8am and still at it, I do have a day off tomorrow though, so I thought I'd have a look on here for some inspiration. Ron, no one says the HBIP are always right, but we do what with think is right and vote on all issues that need voting on, so we're a democracy working for our members. Good luck krazyitchkatie TheOriginaDelboy

10:31pm Wed 20 Mar 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

meerkats wrote:
The more i read her remark (jo kernow) the angrier i get ,Gill ,just because you have changed your opinion there is no need for her or anyone else to make a personal comment which is untrue anyway. At some point on most articles ,some commenters feel the need to be insulting and,rude to others which is a shame.
Thanks meerkats, I don't mind being criticised I am guilty of being critical myself, it is personal remarks I object to, particularly untrue ones. It would not be so bad but those who do it do not even know me.

Like I said I changed my mind about the HBIP because they have proven a success and are working hard and I was quite simply wrong in my first judgment. I did contemplate not commenting at all but wanted to give credit where due and have never been afraid to admit when I am wrong. Although I expected criticism for changing my views I didn't expect a ridiculous comment like that of Jo Kernows.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: The more i read her remark (jo kernow) the angrier i get ,Gill ,just because you have changed your opinion there is no need for her or anyone else to make a personal comment which is untrue anyway. At some point on most articles ,some commenters feel the need to be insulting and,rude to others which is a shame.[/p][/quote]Thanks meerkats, I don't mind being criticised I am guilty of being critical myself, it is personal remarks I object to, particularly untrue ones. It would not be so bad but those who do it do not even know me. Like I said I changed my mind about the HBIP because they have proven a success and are working hard and I was quite simply wrong in my first judgment. I did contemplate not commenting at all but wanted to give credit where due and have never been afraid to admit when I am wrong. Although I expected criticism for changing my views I didn't expect a ridiculous comment like that of Jo Kernows. Gillian Zella Martin 09

7:26am Thu 21 Mar 13

telstar1962 says...

krazyitch... & jo

just for the record,my property is not residential,and when we wanted to install a disabled toilet,we were told by the council,because you are a business,there is no assistance towards this. Fund it yourself.

We are not in the Town Centre
krazyitch... & jo just for the record,my property is not residential,and when we wanted to install a disabled toilet,we were told by the council,because you are a business,there is no assistance towards this. Fund it yourself. We are not in the Town Centre telstar1962

10:32am Thu 21 Mar 13

Jo Kernow says...

telstar1962 The Helston Business Group are now supporting ones out of the town like up on the trading estate, i think they make up the rules to suit themselves.

Delboy, You say the town managment team only consists of a town manager, well how can you justify all the other wages then that were paid out, he had an assistant and it makes me wonder why she left if the town team is supposed to be so good, and i bet he will get another one with more wages to pay out to. What about the three apprentices he asked for.

Gill How can you say you've changed your mind and now agree with the Helston Business group. I think the town council are rubbish how can you say they are ok now.

KrazyKatie I am not asking you to answer my posts and i wont be shopping in your shop.

Wave how can you say look at a dirty shop in a different way because your of your artist friends opinions, or do you have a scientific answer for that.

All i see is a load of money given to Helston and nothing to show for it.
Judith Haycock i think should be stopping all this waste of money. We need people like Ron on the council.
telstar1962 The Helston Business Group are now supporting ones out of the town like up on the trading estate, i think they make up the rules to suit themselves. Delboy, You say the town managment team only consists of a town manager, well how can you justify all the other wages then that were paid out, he had an assistant and it makes me wonder why she left if the town team is supposed to be so good, and i bet he will get another one with more wages to pay out to. What about the three apprentices he asked for. Gill How can you say you've changed your mind and now agree with the Helston Business group. I think the town council are rubbish how can you say they are ok now. KrazyKatie I am not asking you to answer my posts and i wont be shopping in your shop. Wave how can you say look at a dirty shop in a different way because your of your artist friends opinions, or do you have a scientific answer for that. All i see is a load of money given to Helston and nothing to show for it. Judith Haycock i think should be stopping all this waste of money. We need people like Ron on the council. Jo Kernow

12:20pm Thu 21 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

Jo Kernow - I don't have a shop, I'm a member of the public, being proactive about positive change for the place in which I live and work. Your issues with the council are a separate matter.

UPDATE - early this morning ... the building front was cleaned! So, result!
Thank you to all the positive reinforcement and to those who carried out the work :-)
Jo Kernow - I don't have a shop, I'm a member of the public, being proactive about positive change for the place in which I live and work. Your issues with the council are a separate matter. UPDATE - early this morning ... the building front was cleaned! So, result! Thank you to all the positive reinforcement and to those who carried out the work :-) krazyitchkatie

12:26pm Thu 21 Mar 13

Wave says...

There is a scientific answer to everything on the planet Jo. Though you may not find it satisfactory.
I'm just saying visually a dirty building can add to character and interest.
Depends on the mind of the beholder.
A burning building is also fascinating and beautiful. Just like when the Beach Hotel caught alight. But obviously that was not so appealing to hotel customers, or in what ever councils overall business interests.

With that particular building personally i'm not effected as I don't live in Helston and have no intention of ever going there anyway.
There is a scientific answer to everything on the planet Jo. Though you may not find it satisfactory. I'm just saying visually a dirty building can add to character and interest. Depends on the mind of the beholder. A burning building is also fascinating and beautiful. Just like when the Beach Hotel caught alight. But obviously that was not so appealing to hotel customers, or in what ever councils overall business interests. With that particular building personally i'm not effected as I don't live in Helston and have no intention of ever going there anyway. Wave

12:42pm Thu 21 Mar 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Jo Kernow, as I previously stated, I originally had my doubts about the HBIP and the expenditure regarding some of their proposed schemes, I may not always have agreed in the past with everything they proposed, however, I have realised that they have worked hard and acheived success, I was never keen on the logo but have to admit that the Helston guide book is very good and informative and accompanied by very good and representative pictures. I additionally acknowledge that you cannot please all of the people all of the time, I therefore simply admit I was wrong initially about the HBIP. With reference to your comment about the Town Council, I quite simply am saying that of recent times I think they are performing very well and have put any adverse publicity well into the past, they are working in conjuction with the HBIP and are proving to be a very effective Town Council. Just because I may have been critical of some things in the past it does not however prevent me from now acknowleging that I was wrong.
Jo Kernow, as I previously stated, I originally had my doubts about the HBIP and the expenditure regarding some of their proposed schemes, I may not always have agreed in the past with everything they proposed, however, I have realised that they have worked hard and acheived success, I was never keen on the logo but have to admit that the Helston guide book is very good and informative and accompanied by very good and representative pictures. I additionally acknowledge that you cannot please all of the people all of the time, I therefore simply admit I was wrong initially about the HBIP. With reference to your comment about the Town Council, I quite simply am saying that of recent times I think they are performing very well and have put any adverse publicity well into the past, they are working in conjuction with the HBIP and are proving to be a very effective Town Council. Just because I may have been critical of some things in the past it does not however prevent me from now acknowleging that I was wrong. Gillian Zella Martin 09

1:09pm Thu 21 Mar 13

Wave says...

I would pay the owner £5 to make it dirty again. Just to makes things interesting.
I would pay the owner £5 to make it dirty again. Just to makes things interesting. Wave

1:23pm Thu 21 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

Wave wrote:
I would pay the owner £5 to make it dirty again. Just to makes things interesting.
Please don't! lol
[quote][p][bold]Wave[/bold] wrote: I would pay the owner £5 to make it dirty again. Just to makes things interesting.[/p][/quote]Please don't! lol krazyitchkatie

1:27pm Thu 21 Mar 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

In my opinion Wave you obviously have no respect to those that are working hard to improve Helston.
In my opinion Wave you obviously have no respect to those that are working hard to improve Helston. Gillian Zella Martin 09

3:03pm Thu 21 Mar 13

Wave says...

I might have respect for those who work hard to not improve Helston.
You are putting your own beliefs as an absolute truth of what is right.
Tut tut.
Alternatively I might be respectful of those who improve Helston but in the manner of making it look dirty, which I might consider an appealing and good thing for the towns aesthetics.
It's subjective when you appear to consider it objective.
I might have respect for those who work hard to not improve Helston. You are putting your own beliefs as an absolute truth of what is right. Tut tut. Alternatively I might be respectful of those who improve Helston but in the manner of making it look dirty, which I might consider an appealing and good thing for the towns aesthetics. It's subjective when you appear to consider it objective. Wave

4:14pm Thu 21 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

Wave - as a creative I too see beauty in depravity and find meaning in a blank canvas but at the end of the day, the majority want to live, work and shop in a clean town and that is widely perceived to be the truth.
Subjectivity is just not relevant in this instance.
Wave - as a creative I too see beauty in depravity and find meaning in a blank canvas but at the end of the day, the majority want to live, work and shop in a clean town and that is widely perceived to be the truth. Subjectivity is just not relevant in this instance. krazyitchkatie

4:29pm Thu 21 Mar 13

Wave says...

I'm not sure we have discovered the relevance yet.
It seems like a financial based, business tourism issue?
The legal aspect is unclear also.
I'm not sure we have discovered the relevance yet. It seems like a financial based, business tourism issue? The legal aspect is unclear also. Wave

5:38pm Thu 21 Mar 13

telstar1962 says...

Wave probably hasn't had a wash since Christmas. From a distance he looks OK, but don't get too close to him,he smells

It's clear some comments are made very seriously on here,but others attempt comedy,and it just doesn't work.

Well done by shaming the property owner into cleaning his building.

Now we just need the pot-holes sorting out, a parking solution.and more than 1pence off the price of a pint of beer

Over to you, Katie
Wave probably hasn't had a wash since Christmas. From a distance he looks OK, but don't get too close to him,he smells It's clear some comments are made very seriously on here,but others attempt comedy,and it just doesn't work. Well done by shaming the property owner into cleaning his building. Now we just need the pot-holes sorting out, a parking solution.and more than 1pence off the price of a pint of beer Over to you, Katie telstar1962

6:24pm Thu 21 Mar 13

meerkats says...

Wave wrote:
telstar is mentally ill.
Just a word of caution.
you are very rude to commenters and seem to take great delight insulting them . There will probably come a time that nobody will bother replying to you because they will get fed up with your comments.
[quote][p][bold]Wave[/bold] wrote: telstar is mentally ill. Just a word of caution.[/p][/quote]you are very rude to commenters and seem to take great delight insulting them . There will probably come a time that nobody will bother replying to you because they will get fed up with your comments. meerkats

6:35pm Thu 21 Mar 13

Wave says...

You are very one sided.
Why is it ok for telstar to say I don't wash and I smell?
Or are you just quoting me randomly and you have no personal issue.
Come on out with it.
You are very one sided. Why is it ok for telstar to say I don't wash and I smell? Or are you just quoting me randomly and you have no personal issue. Come on out with it. Wave

6:45pm Thu 21 Mar 13

meerkats says...

i am not one sided and had truthfully missed Telstars comment as i scrolled down through quickly , but on this and other articles you seem to have been rude to people . i have no personal issue with anyone
i am not one sided and had truthfully missed Telstars comment as i scrolled down through quickly , but on this and other articles you seem to have been rude to people . i have no personal issue with anyone meerkats

6:51pm Thu 21 Mar 13

Wave says...

Oh good.
I don't think I'm rude.
Apart from my last post regarding telstar but that was in fair and equal proportion to telstars post regarding me. And i'm a firm believer in equality.
Oh good. I don't think I'm rude. Apart from my last post regarding telstar but that was in fair and equal proportion to telstars post regarding me. And i'm a firm believer in equality. Wave

7:09pm Thu 21 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

telstar1962 wrote:
Wave probably hasn't had a wash since Christmas. From a distance he looks OK, but don't get too close to him,he smells

It's clear some comments are made very seriously on here,but others attempt comedy,and it just doesn't work.

Well done by shaming the property owner into cleaning his building.

Now we just need the pot-holes sorting out, a parking solution.and more than 1pence off the price of a pint of beer

Over to you, Katie
Phase 2 Telstar. Phase 2.
[quote][p][bold]telstar1962[/bold] wrote: Wave probably hasn't had a wash since Christmas. From a distance he looks OK, but don't get too close to him,he smells It's clear some comments are made very seriously on here,but others attempt comedy,and it just doesn't work. Well done by shaming the property owner into cleaning his building. Now we just need the pot-holes sorting out, a parking solution.and more than 1pence off the price of a pint of beer Over to you, Katie[/p][/quote]Phase 2 Telstar. Phase 2. krazyitchkatie

9:55pm Thu 21 Mar 13

telstar1962 says...

My post said that 'others attempt comedy,and it just doesn't work'

Wave, you just missed my attempt at comedy lol

Chill out folks.
My post said that 'others attempt comedy,and it just doesn't work' Wave, you just missed my attempt at comedy lol Chill out folks. telstar1962

7:03pm Sat 23 Mar 13

RobWill67 says...

This is my first time here on The Packet site. I often read comments of various subjects and think to myself...it's the same few people that comment on here all the time and the comments are more often than not negative rather than positive. It's good to see that some people are noticing that the HBIP is making progress and that things are happening as projects are delivered. As Katie has already said, HBIP members are all volunteers and give as much of their spare time as possible to help with projects to improve our town, rather than sitting on their backsides slagging things off all the time. Yes, the TCM gets paid and hopefully his assistant's posts will soon get filled to help us volunteers with our projects which will in turn benefit the residents and business people of Helston.In the next few weeks leading up to Flora Day and beyond we will be encouraging businesses and property owners in town to spruce up their facades, gutter cleaning, washing down walls, painting, weeding etc etc and this will all lead to Helston becoming a more pleasant place to shop and work and will in turn encourage businesses to fill the (not very many) empty shops.
This is my first time here on The Packet site. I often read comments of various subjects and think to myself...it's the same few people that comment on here all the time and the comments are more often than not negative rather than positive. It's good to see that some people are noticing that the HBIP is making progress and that things are happening as projects are delivered. As Katie has already said, HBIP members are all volunteers and give as much of their spare time as possible to help with projects to improve our town, rather than sitting on their backsides slagging things off all the time. Yes, the TCM gets paid and hopefully his assistant's posts will soon get filled to help us volunteers with our projects which will in turn benefit the residents and business people of Helston.In the next few weeks leading up to Flora Day and beyond we will be encouraging businesses and property owners in town to spruce up their facades, gutter cleaning, washing down walls, painting, weeding etc etc and this will all lead to Helston becoming a more pleasant place to shop and work and will in turn encourage businesses to fill the (not very many) empty shops. RobWill67

7:13pm Sat 23 Mar 13

krazyitchkatie says...

For anyone (particularly Telstar re parking) who would like to put their opinions into actions, here is how you can get involved...

http://www.helstonbi
p.co.uk/interested-i
n-joining-a-working-
group/
For anyone (particularly Telstar re parking) who would like to put their opinions into actions, here is how you can get involved... http://www.helstonbi p.co.uk/interested-i n-joining-a-working- group/ krazyitchkatie

7:14pm Sat 23 Mar 13

RobWill67 says...

Coinagehall Street is being resurfaced w/c 8th April I believe so not much longer to wait, then that's another issue sorted!
Coinagehall Street is being resurfaced w/c 8th April I believe so not much longer to wait, then that's another issue sorted! RobWill67

7:55pm Sat 23 Mar 13

RobWill67 says...

Gillian Zella Martin 09 wrote:
The Helston Business Improvement partnership has done wonders since it evolved and are working very hard to continue to improve Helston. Hopefully due to publicity the landlords will work in conjunction with them now in order to make Helston a clean and well presented town. Helston certainly appears to be improving by the day due to all those involved in the HBIP.
Nice positive comment Gillian....thank you!
[quote][p][bold]Gillian Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: The Helston Business Improvement partnership has done wonders since it evolved and are working very hard to continue to improve Helston. Hopefully due to publicity the landlords will work in conjunction with them now in order to make Helston a clean and well presented town. Helston certainly appears to be improving by the day due to all those involved in the HBIP.[/p][/quote]Nice positive comment Gillian....thank you! RobWill67

8:30pm Sat 23 Mar 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

You are welcome.
You are welcome. Gillian Zella Martin 09

11:05am Sun 24 Mar 13

telstar1962 says...

Newer,bigger and better Supermarkets

Cleaner,and well presented shop-fronts

Re-surfaced roads in Town


may be it's the Town Council to be spruced up next lol
Newer,bigger and better Supermarkets Cleaner,and well presented shop-fronts Re-surfaced roads in Town may be it's the Town Council to be spruced up next lol telstar1962

11:21am Sun 24 Mar 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Bearing in mind Helston does already have some very good Councillors. I would not like to see complete change.
Bearing in mind Helston does already have some very good Councillors. I would not like to see complete change. Gillian Zella Martin 09

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree