'Local plan' would see 4,000 homes built around Falmouth and Penryn

The housing need predicted in the Cornwall Local Plan would see a 40 per cent increase in the area of Falmouth concreted over in the next 20 years, it was claimed last week.

Under the plan, which is currently being consulted upon, Falmouth and Penryn will be allocated a further 3,200 homes with another 800 earmarked for the rest of the local community network area, which takes in outlying villages.

Falmouth Town Council’s strategic planning committee has questioned the validity of predictions made in the plan with regards to future job numbers and the demand for new homes.

“These jobs that are going to be created are based on guess work at best,” said committee chairman, David Sterratt, “considering we are in the middle of a recession and we don’t know how long it’s going to last.

“Nobody in their right mind would project over 20 years the number of jobs that will be created – you may as well be doing the lottery if you can guess that well. You cannot rely on it.”

With regard to the housing numbers, he added: “What people have to realise is, if you go out to Goldenbank, we are going to have one of them a year for the next 20 years. That’s what it works out as. We are looking at a 40 per cent increase in Falmouth being concreted over.”

Councillor Marie Ryan added: “We are tying ourselves up for 20 years so we have to get it right.”

The committee eventually agreed that Falmouth and Penryn’s target provision for new housing over the next 20 years should be reduced from the 3,200 earmarked in the Cornwall Local Plan to a maximum of 2,300 new homes.

Comments (34)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:23pm Tue 23 Apr 13

guest01 says...

Sounds like a biased position based on not liking housing development.
The phrase 'concreting over' is not used by people who see more houses in a neutral state.

Houses should just be kept on being built until there are plenty of empty ones left over as spares. We should not be living in a country where it's possible to 'need' a house. They should be available on demand, fully prepared and waiting for occupation.
Sounds like a biased position based on not liking housing development. The phrase 'concreting over' is not used by people who see more houses in a neutral state. Houses should just be kept on being built until there are plenty of empty ones left over as spares. We should not be living in a country where it's possible to 'need' a house. They should be available on demand, fully prepared and waiting for occupation. guest01

10:12pm Tue 23 Apr 13

ucsweb says...

You could build a million new homes in the area but, if you don't build enough affordable or enough homes only for the locals the problem will just be perpetuated.
You could build a million new homes in the area but, if you don't build enough affordable or enough homes only for the locals the problem will just be perpetuated. ucsweb

7:05am Wed 24 Apr 13

titanium says...

guest101. Are you advocating building houses until there is no countryside left ?.
guest101. Are you advocating building houses until there is no countryside left ?. titanium

7:32am Wed 24 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

I promote the provision of affordable homes, for those currently on the home choice register and additionally the provision of social rented homes for locals only. These have to be provided by developers in conjunction with open market dwellings to make it financially viable for them. However I do believe the percentage of affordable homes within a new build project should be approximately 60%.

If someone comes to Brition with a trade/profession that is acceptable in my view, however, I do not advocate building excess dwellings just to house mass immigration into Briton or indeed Cornwall.
I promote the provision of affordable homes, for those currently on the home choice register and additionally the provision of social rented homes for locals only. These have to be provided by developers in conjunction with open market dwellings to make it financially viable for them. However I do believe the percentage of affordable homes within a new build project should be approximately 60%. If someone comes to Brition with a trade/profession that is acceptable in my view, however, I do not advocate building excess dwellings just to house mass immigration into Briton or indeed Cornwall. Gillian Zella Martin 09

7:36am Wed 24 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Previous post should have read Briton.
Previous post should have read Briton. Gillian Zella Martin 09

8:56am Wed 24 Apr 13

Falmouth says...

I've lived in falmouth all my life, love place the place, and feel very fortunate to be so lucky. I definitely don't want to see falmouth turn into a concrete urban mess, but I think people do need to open their eyes and have some forward thinking vision. Falmouth needs more houses, and given our geographic location next to the sea, there's only a handful of areas this can happen. I've read many town council leaflets that have been coming through my door recently with many candidates opposing housing developments around Falmouth, but no one suggests an alternative location.

One lib dem candidate who readily opposes housing developments on bickland water road seems to have a short memory. I may be mistaken but said candidate lives/or used to live in boslowick. Now my dad can remember when this area was all fields and farmland, but 40-50 years later thousands of people happily live there without a thought of the farmland that had to be developed to make way for our friends and family's homes.

There's more people in the world, more people in falmouth that need homes, if people didnt have vision then there wouldn't be a boslowick, thank god someone did have vision!
I've lived in falmouth all my life, love place the place, and feel very fortunate to be so lucky. I definitely don't want to see falmouth turn into a concrete urban mess, but I think people do need to open their eyes and have some forward thinking vision. Falmouth needs more houses, and given our geographic location next to the sea, there's only a handful of areas this can happen. I've read many town council leaflets that have been coming through my door recently with many candidates opposing housing developments around Falmouth, but no one suggests an alternative location. One lib dem candidate who readily opposes housing developments on bickland water road seems to have a short memory. I may be mistaken but said candidate lives/or used to live in boslowick. Now my dad can remember when this area was all fields and farmland, but 40-50 years later thousands of people happily live there without a thought of the farmland that had to be developed to make way for our friends and family's homes. There's more people in the world, more people in falmouth that need homes, if people didnt have vision then there wouldn't be a boslowick, thank god someone did have vision! Falmouth

9:15am Wed 24 Apr 13

guest01 says...

@titanium i'm saying there should be no housing shortfall for any citizen.
How that is achieved is a different matter.
Policy needs to determine whether all the countryside needs building on, which it will need to be, or population is restricted by law.
What other option is there?
If the people are already born and living they must have the right to be housed.
@titanium i'm saying there should be no housing shortfall for any citizen. How that is achieved is a different matter. Policy needs to determine whether all the countryside needs building on, which it will need to be, or population is restricted by law. What other option is there? If the people are already born and living they must have the right to be housed. guest01

10:27am Wed 24 Apr 13

Lanty Slee says...

Gillian Zella Martin 09 wrote:
Previous post should have read Briton.
Actually, it should have read Britain.
[quote][p][bold]Gillian Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: Previous post should have read Briton.[/p][/quote]Actually, it should have read Britain. Lanty Slee

11:15am Wed 24 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Lanty Slee wrote:
Gillian Zella Martin 09 wrote:
Previous post should have read Briton.
Actually, it should have read Britain.
Yes you are quite right, I'm stressed at the present moment and unfortunately it is being reflected in my posts, and I bought the Helston and Falmouth Packet this morning, paid for them then left the shop without them.
[quote][p][bold]Lanty Slee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gillian Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: Previous post should have read Briton.[/p][/quote]Actually, it should have read Britain.[/p][/quote]Yes you are quite right, I'm stressed at the present moment and unfortunately it is being reflected in my posts, and I bought the Helston and Falmouth Packet this morning, paid for them then left the shop without them. Gillian Zella Martin 09

1:13pm Wed 24 Apr 13

GrahamHarris says...

We only need more housing because there are too many people!!! Why don't we reduce the number of people constantly being born???

As for ''creating jobs'', the schemes wont create anything. Whilst houses are being built, then, yes, you need a huge amount of tradesmen. When they are finished, nothing. Most of the people who will live in the houses will already have a job somewhere!

The only way jobs are created is if someone starts a manufacturing business brand new to the area and previously done abroad, clothes, phones, cars, whatever.
We only need more housing because there are too many people!!! Why don't we reduce the number of people constantly being born??? As for ''creating jobs'', the schemes wont create anything. Whilst houses are being built, then, yes, you need a huge amount of tradesmen. When they are finished, nothing. Most of the people who will live in the houses will already have a job somewhere! The only way jobs are created is if someone starts a manufacturing business brand new to the area and previously done abroad, clothes, phones, cars, whatever. GrahamHarris

1:44pm Wed 24 Apr 13

telstar1962 says...

The main difficulty going forward is the accessibility of mortgage finance for open market housing,or part buy/part rent.

And what would be wrong with 75 or 80% of affordable homes within new developments. Somewhere affordable,given that Cornwall is a low-wage economy,is the priority for most local families ?
The main difficulty going forward is the accessibility of mortgage finance for open market housing,or part buy/part rent. And what would be wrong with 75 or 80% of affordable homes within new developments. Somewhere affordable,given that Cornwall is a low-wage economy,is the priority for most local families ? telstar1962

2:23pm Wed 24 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

I agree telstar a higher percentage of affordable would be good but it would have to depend on the size of the total development I suppose. Unfortunately, to a degree, I believe the developers have the upper hand, as they can refuse to develop if they think it is not financially enough viable to them, they also have the appeal process pretty much on their side too, If they disagree with the total amount to be built and appeal and Cornwall Council lose the appeal then obviously that can result in the council incurring expensive costs, as has already happened in the past.
There are developments being built/proposed that include social rented properties, this I believe is good for those local needs people that cannot obtain a mortgage.

With regards to reducing the number of people needing housing, it would in my view be futile to legally or otherwise, reduce the birth rate in this country and yet still allow mass immigration from abroad.
There are areas within Cornwall where the birth rate exceeds the death rate and as things currently stand we need to provide housing for our local needs people.
I agree telstar a higher percentage of affordable would be good but it would have to depend on the size of the total development I suppose. Unfortunately, to a degree, I believe the developers have the upper hand, as they can refuse to develop if they think it is not financially enough viable to them, they also have the appeal process pretty much on their side too, If they disagree with the total amount to be built and appeal and Cornwall Council lose the appeal then obviously that can result in the council incurring expensive costs, as has already happened in the past. There are developments being built/proposed that include social rented properties, this I believe is good for those local needs people that cannot obtain a mortgage. With regards to reducing the number of people needing housing, it would in my view be futile to legally or otherwise, reduce the birth rate in this country and yet still allow mass immigration from abroad. There are areas within Cornwall where the birth rate exceeds the death rate and as things currently stand we need to provide housing for our local needs people. Gillian Zella Martin 09

2:43pm Wed 24 Apr 13

guest01 says...

Obviously you wouldn't allow immigration for people unless they have already proved they have an address to move into.
Obviously you wouldn't allow immigration for people unless they have already proved they have an address to move into. guest01

3:43pm Wed 24 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

In my view 'Britain' should have imposed the same sanctions as many other countries did a long time ago prior to the joining the EU, by ensuring any immigrant to Britain has a home and job lined up and are sponsored by someone who will gaurantee that they will not claim from Britains benefits system for at least five years from time of entry to Britian. Having joined the EU and opened Britains borders to thousands of people that come here to look for work and to live, maybe a sanction should still be introduced that immigrants cannot claim from the welfare system or the NHS until after they have financially contributed to the National Insurance scheme for x amount of years.

Open market housing should be available to all who can afford but not for second home/holiday let use without planning permission, this will enable regulation with regards to individual areas, as has been proposed.
Affordable housing should go to those currently on the local home choice register and social rented for local needs only.
However, I do not believe housing numbers to be built should be based on expected immigration numbers but that of required local needs to individual areas taking into consideration the local birth rate. We cannot I believe, as a small island, be expected to house millions of people from other countries. We do however I believe have a responsibility to house our own local needs people.
In my view 'Britain' should have imposed the same sanctions as many other countries did a long time ago prior to the joining the EU, by ensuring any immigrant to Britain has a home and job lined up and are sponsored by someone who will gaurantee that they will not claim from Britains benefits system for at least five years from time of entry to Britian. Having joined the EU and opened Britains borders to thousands of people that come here to look for work and to live, maybe a sanction should still be introduced that immigrants cannot claim from the welfare system or the NHS until after they have financially contributed to the National Insurance scheme for x amount of years. Open market housing should be available to all who can afford but not for second home/holiday let use without planning permission, this will enable regulation with regards to individual areas, as has been proposed. Affordable housing should go to those currently on the local home choice register and social rented for local needs only. However, I do not believe housing numbers to be built should be based on expected immigration numbers but that of required local needs to individual areas taking into consideration the local birth rate. We cannot I believe, as a small island, be expected to house millions of people from other countries. We do however I believe have a responsibility to house our own local needs people. Gillian Zella Martin 09

5:34pm Wed 24 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Falmouth wrote:
I've lived in falmouth all my life, love place the place, and feel very fortunate to be so lucky. I definitely don't want to see falmouth turn into a concrete urban mess, but I think people do need to open their eyes and have some forward thinking vision. Falmouth needs more houses, and given our geographic location next to the sea, there's only a handful of areas this can happen. I've read many town council leaflets that have been coming through my door recently with many candidates opposing housing developments around Falmouth, but no one suggests an alternative location.

One lib dem candidate who readily opposes housing developments on bickland water road seems to have a short memory. I may be mistaken but said candidate lives/or used to live in boslowick. Now my dad can remember when this area was all fields and farmland, but 40-50 years later thousands of people happily live there without a thought of the farmland that had to be developed to make way for our friends and family's homes.

There's more people in the world, more people in falmouth that need homes, if people didnt have vision then there wouldn't be a boslowick, thank god someone did have vision!
You are right, there needs to be a vision for the future with forward thinking. If the opportunity to build now is not taken it could be lost. I believe some people already housed are not aware of how desperate some others are to have a home of their own.
[quote][p][bold]Falmouth[/bold] wrote: I've lived in falmouth all my life, love place the place, and feel very fortunate to be so lucky. I definitely don't want to see falmouth turn into a concrete urban mess, but I think people do need to open their eyes and have some forward thinking vision. Falmouth needs more houses, and given our geographic location next to the sea, there's only a handful of areas this can happen. I've read many town council leaflets that have been coming through my door recently with many candidates opposing housing developments around Falmouth, but no one suggests an alternative location. One lib dem candidate who readily opposes housing developments on bickland water road seems to have a short memory. I may be mistaken but said candidate lives/or used to live in boslowick. Now my dad can remember when this area was all fields and farmland, but 40-50 years later thousands of people happily live there without a thought of the farmland that had to be developed to make way for our friends and family's homes. There's more people in the world, more people in falmouth that need homes, if people didnt have vision then there wouldn't be a boslowick, thank god someone did have vision![/p][/quote]You are right, there needs to be a vision for the future with forward thinking. If the opportunity to build now is not taken it could be lost. I believe some people already housed are not aware of how desperate some others are to have a home of their own. Gillian Zella Martin 09

6:46pm Wed 24 Apr 13

seacom says...

At least the Town council are listening to local people with some common sense unlike some County councillors .How out of touch is the prospective Independant candidate for Boslowick division?
At least the Town council are listening to local people with some common sense unlike some County councillors .How out of touch is the prospective Independant candidate for Boslowick division? seacom

7:20pm Wed 24 Apr 13

Falmouth says...

At least the independent candidate has some vision towards the future. Lib dem candidate doesn't want bickland to be developed into a sea of concrete, but is happy to live in one. And the conservative candidate turning the place into a muddy monstrosity. And most bury their heads in the sand when it come to the lack of houses in falmouth.
At least the independent candidate has some vision towards the future. Lib dem candidate doesn't want bickland to be developed into a sea of concrete, but is happy to live in one. And the conservative candidate turning the place into a muddy monstrosity. And most bury their heads in the sand when it come to the lack of houses in falmouth. Falmouth

7:43pm Wed 24 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the town council, the present town council may not be the future town council in its present entirety.
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the town council, the present town council may not be the future town council in its present entirety. Gillian Zella Martin 09

8:16pm Wed 24 Apr 13

steve eva says...

Seacom you seem to add comments at will but have no idea of what I may have said or done. Week after week you place your comments hiding behind a false name yet happy to band mine around at will.
Can you at least have the decency to explain your last remark with reference to Bickland Road as I have never once made any comment on housing in that area. In other words your comment is a lie and if you were to share your real name we could easily sort this out in court.
I expect you will remain hidden like a gutless person you are and snipe from the side line or prove me wrong and share the information I can take you to court with.
Whether or not I am elected by the people or not I know the truth I I would rather lose than steep to the depths of rubbish you spout on many occasions.
Seacom you seem to add comments at will but have no idea of what I may have said or done. Week after week you place your comments hiding behind a false name yet happy to band mine around at will. Can you at least have the decency to explain your last remark with reference to Bickland Road as I have never once made any comment on housing in that area. In other words your comment is a lie and if you were to share your real name we could easily sort this out in court. I expect you will remain hidden like a gutless person you are and snipe from the side line or prove me wrong and share the information I can take you to court with. Whether or not I am elected by the people or not I know the truth I I would rather lose than steep to the depths of rubbish you spout on many occasions. steve eva

10:51pm Wed 24 Apr 13

guest01 says...

Why are you on here using a real name, it's a silly thing to do. Likely you do it as you're so up yourself with misplaced righteousness.
Anyway people can pretend they are anyone to a certain degree.
I am the real official Steve Eva.
I'm allowed to use that name just as much as you are on internet comments, or on my personal stationary.

Yours, the actual Steve Eva.

This is not a false statement as it is the correct and factual name I wish to be represented as in this comment and for the purposes of the comments meaning.
Though I may choose to change that name to any other name, in any other comment I make.
Why are you on here using a real name, it's a silly thing to do. Likely you do it as you're so up yourself with misplaced righteousness. Anyway people can pretend they are anyone to a certain degree. I am the real official Steve Eva. I'm allowed to use that name just as much as you are on internet comments, or on my personal stationary. Yours, the actual Steve Eva. This is not a false statement as it is the correct and factual name I wish to be represented as in this comment and for the purposes of the comments meaning. Though I may choose to change that name to any other name, in any other comment I make. guest01

11:36pm Wed 24 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Steve Eva has always posted under his own name as he has nothing to hide. He chooses to post under his own name in the same way that I choose to post under my real name. He is an honest person that has always worked hard and done his best. For a good part of last year and some of this year on this website I believe he put up with unjustified criticism by a few people posting under pseudonyms. If people want to try to bring him down just because there is a forthcoming election then that is their perogative but it will not alter the fact he is a good person and certainly not righteous in the way guest01 suggests. I think guest01 is being ridiculous yet again on this website and placing unnecessary remarks. If Steve Eva has made any mistake in the placing of his comment then I am not surprised given the constant pressure he must be under. I think it is morally wrong to continually persecute someone verbally whilst hiding ones true identity, It may be acceptable in law and on the Packet website but in my view unacceptable morally. I certainly would not like to vote for a councillor that hides their identity and criticises anyone on a public website. Steve Eva has the guts to stick to his opinions and be up front about who he is. Unlike some people he does not take pleasure in criticising people or trying to put people at an unfair disadvantage particularly just before an election. At least with him, what you see is what you get, nothing false.
Steve Eva has always posted under his own name as he has nothing to hide. He chooses to post under his own name in the same way that I choose to post under my real name. He is an honest person that has always worked hard and done his best. For a good part of last year and some of this year on this website I believe he put up with unjustified criticism by a few people posting under pseudonyms. If people want to try to bring him down just because there is a forthcoming election then that is their perogative but it will not alter the fact he is a good person and certainly not righteous in the way guest01 suggests. I think guest01 is being ridiculous yet again on this website and placing unnecessary remarks. If Steve Eva has made any mistake in the placing of his comment then I am not surprised given the constant pressure he must be under. I think it is morally wrong to continually persecute someone verbally whilst hiding ones true identity, It may be acceptable in law and on the Packet website but in my view unacceptable morally. I certainly would not like to vote for a councillor that hides their identity and criticises anyone on a public website. Steve Eva has the guts to stick to his opinions and be up front about who he is. Unlike some people he does not take pleasure in criticising people or trying to put people at an unfair disadvantage particularly just before an election. At least with him, what you see is what you get, nothing false. Gillian Zella Martin 09

11:50pm Wed 24 Apr 13

Falmouth says...

Well said!
Well said! Falmouth

12:19am Thu 25 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Falmouth wrote:
Well said!
Thank you, I just hate seeing injustice of any kind. If anyone wants to question any councillor about any of their decisions or actions then I think they should go through the right channels and contact the councillor personally.
[quote][p][bold]Falmouth[/bold] wrote: Well said![/p][/quote]Thank you, I just hate seeing injustice of any kind. If anyone wants to question any councillor about any of their decisions or actions then I think they should go through the right channels and contact the councillor personally. Gillian Zella Martin 09

2:13am Thu 25 Apr 13

guest01 says...

Guts are for mindless machines. Cowards are the most intelligent people.
To seek out the many options in society requires a good working mind, bravery is a corruption of thinking.

I think Steve eva is just a tourist from France, having a bit of fun on the web. And Gillian Zella Martin his girlfriend. They might be called Christophe and Michelle.

To members of the public reading comments what I say is as potentially correct as what ever user-names steve eva and gillian zella martin say about themselves. There is no evidence to suggest they are really who they say they are.
There is no point in using real names on comments. Leave it to the Packet to make official commentary from real people, backed up by professional accountability and sources.

Use the comments to give opinions and views. That is what they are there for, not to determine who is who or credibility.

Tell you what, I have known Guest01 for a long time now, and Guest01 is the most marvellous well deserving candidate for governing Cornwall. That's the truth. Fact.
Guts are for mindless machines. Cowards are the most intelligent people. To seek out the many options in society requires a good working mind, bravery is a corruption of thinking. I think Steve eva is just a tourist from France, having a bit of fun on the web. And Gillian Zella Martin his girlfriend. They might be called Christophe and Michelle. To members of the public reading comments what I say is as potentially correct as what ever user-names steve eva and gillian zella martin say about themselves. There is no evidence to suggest they are really who they say they are. There is no point in using real names on comments. Leave it to the Packet to make official commentary from real people, backed up by professional accountability and sources. Use the comments to give opinions and views. That is what they are there for, not to determine who is who or credibility. Tell you what, I have known Guest01 for a long time now, and Guest01 is the most marvellous well deserving candidate for governing Cornwall. That's the truth. Fact. guest01

6:53am Thu 25 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

I do use the comments for opinions and views guest01 my comment was in relation to what I believe was seacoms pre election propaganda comment, which in turn I believe is no doubt related to the housing issue. There are many good civil debates that occur on this website not everyone one agrees but that is a debate,
Anyone with one ounce of common sense knows I post under my real name as I have done for years and it is the same as the name my letters are printed under in the Packet and considering members of the Packet have contacted me at my home address in the past they know perfectly well who I am. I can't seem to see your relevant point to the housing issue in your comment. As usual you just in my view seem to be inciting trouble on the website. Attention seeking again I believe. Your little game of trying to cause trouble in your comment just shows what your comment is worth.
I doubt you have a clue about the real housing issues in Cornwall.
As for your deluded fantasy comment, I am no ones girlfriend and I do not chase other people's husbands or partners. You carry on commenting rubbish guest because I've had enough of it.
I do use the comments for opinions and views guest01 my comment was in relation to what I believe was seacoms pre election propaganda comment, which in turn I believe is no doubt related to the housing issue. There are many good civil debates that occur on this website not everyone one agrees but that is a debate, Anyone with one ounce of common sense knows I post under my real name as I have done for years and it is the same as the name my letters are printed under in the Packet and considering members of the Packet have contacted me at my home address in the past they know perfectly well who I am. I can't seem to see your relevant point to the housing issue in your comment. As usual you just in my view seem to be inciting trouble on the website. Attention seeking again I believe. Your little game of trying to cause trouble in your comment just shows what your comment is worth. I doubt you have a clue about the real housing issues in Cornwall. As for your deluded fantasy comment, I am no ones girlfriend and I do not chase other people's husbands or partners. You carry on commenting rubbish guest because I've had enough of it. Gillian Zella Martin 09

9:32am Thu 25 Apr 13

guest01 says...

You still haven't got the point. You still cant be expected to be believed that you are Gillian zella Martin, just because you say, on here, that the packet has contacted you.
The Queen has contacted me, that proves i'm real.
You still haven't got the point. You still cant be expected to be believed that you are Gillian zella Martin, just because you say, on here, that the packet has contacted you. The Queen has contacted me, that proves i'm real. guest01

10:46am Thu 25 Apr 13

victoriameldrew says...

why don't we all just ignore the comments of guest01/Wave, and all the others who just seem to like to incite argument and talk nonsense - makes this site just ridiculous. I like to read the comments of Gill, Lord Barrington and all the others who contribute sensible comments - the likes of guest01/Wave don't seem to have much idea of what they are talking about. Not saying that I know it all - but I think Gill has a lot of sense, she comes across as being a very intelligent person and I know whose comments I would rather read.
why don't we all just ignore the comments of guest01/Wave, and all the others who just seem to like to incite argument and talk nonsense - makes this site just ridiculous. I like to read the comments of Gill, Lord Barrington and all the others who contribute sensible comments - the likes of guest01/Wave don't seem to have much idea of what they are talking about. Not saying that I know it all - but I think Gill has a lot of sense, she comes across as being a very intelligent person and I know whose comments I would rather read. victoriameldrew

11:02am Thu 25 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Thank you victoriameldrew that is very kind of you.
Thank you victoriameldrew that is very kind of you. Gillian Zella Martin 09

3:15pm Thu 25 Apr 13

titanium says...

guest01 is just a stirrer, and as victoriameldrew says, he ? should be ignored in future.

hopefully, he'll go and play somewhere else !.
guest01 is just a stirrer, and as victoriameldrew says, he ? should be ignored in future. hopefully, he'll go and play somewhere else !. titanium

6:09pm Thu 25 Apr 13

victoriameldrew says...

titanium wrote:
guest01 is just a stirrer, and as victoriameldrew says, he ? should be ignored in future.

hopefully, he'll go and play somewhere else !.
I assume it is a he because of previous comments ie about the white van man around Pendennis - assuming, again, that Gill is correct that guest01 is indeed Wave. Yes I do hope that if we ignore their comments and ridiculous remarks that they do get tired of being ignored and play somewhere else - I fear though that they are thick skinned or maybe just plain thick!
[quote][p][bold]titanium[/bold] wrote: guest01 is just a stirrer, and as victoriameldrew says, he ? should be ignored in future. hopefully, he'll go and play somewhere else !.[/p][/quote]I assume it is a he because of previous comments ie about the white van man around Pendennis - assuming, again, that Gill is correct that guest01 is indeed Wave. Yes I do hope that if we ignore their comments and ridiculous remarks that they do get tired of being ignored and play somewhere else - I fear though that they are thick skinned or maybe just plain thick! victoriameldrew

9:37pm Thu 25 Apr 13

seacom says...

Bickland Water road is in Falmouth where some of the proposed houses may be built.And your name not mentioned in my comment.
Bickland Water road is in Falmouth where some of the proposed houses may be built.And your name not mentioned in my comment. seacom

11:21pm Thu 25 Apr 13

steve eva says...

If houses were to be built along Bickland water Road they would in fact be built in Budock not Falmouth and I would still be against those houses being built if I had a vote.
The fact you did not use my name makes no difference as I am the only Independent standing for Cornwall Council in that Division. As I said just give your proper name and we will let the court decide
If houses were to be built along Bickland water Road they would in fact be built in Budock not Falmouth and I would still be against those houses being built if I had a vote. The fact you did not use my name makes no difference as I am the only Independent standing for Cornwall Council in that Division. As I said just give your proper name and we will let the court decide steve eva

2:30pm Fri 26 Apr 13

MARTIN GILL says...

steve eva wrote:
If houses were to be built along Bickland water Road they would in fact be built in Budock not Falmouth and I would still be against those houses being built if I had a vote.
The fact you did not use my name makes no difference as I am the only Independent standing for Cornwall Council in that Division. As I said just give your proper name and we will let the court decide
You say you are against Houses being built in this particular area, but the fact remains that whatever the Town Council think, the fact is Cornwall Council Planners will grant Planning permission to every House Building Company that submits an application. I applaud Diana Merritt for her view that Houses should not be built on land at Kergilliack.
[quote][p][bold]steve eva[/bold] wrote: If houses were to be built along Bickland water Road they would in fact be built in Budock not Falmouth and I would still be against those houses being built if I had a vote. The fact you did not use my name makes no difference as I am the only Independent standing for Cornwall Council in that Division. As I said just give your proper name and we will let the court decide[/p][/quote]You say you are against Houses being built in this particular area, but the fact remains that whatever the Town Council think, the fact is Cornwall Council Planners will grant Planning permission to every House Building Company that submits an application. I applaud Diana Merritt for her view that Houses should not be built on land at Kergilliack. MARTIN GILL

4:43pm Fri 26 Apr 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

I think you will find the correct spelling is Merrett not Merritt.
I think you will find the correct spelling is Merrett not Merritt. Gillian Zella Martin 09

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree