Lucky kitchen fire escape as smoke alarm wakes Redruth man

First published in News

A Redruth man has had a lucky escape after being awoken by smoke alarm sounding due to a kitchen fire.

Firefighters were called to Pond Lane on Saturday just before 9.45am on Saturdayafter receiving a call about a cooker fire.

A spokesman said that when firefighters arrived the fire was found to be out, adding that the man had a very lucky escape. 

"He had fallen asleep and was woken up by his smoke alarm; he then placed a damp cloth over the pan and took it outside."

An ambulance was called as the occupier was suffering from smoke inhalation. 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree