Petition for “essential and urgent” rebuilding work at Helston College as anger grows

Falmouth Packet: Petition for “essential and urgent” rebuilding work at Helston College as anger grows Petition for “essential and urgent” rebuilding work at Helston College as anger grows

A petition has been launched calling for “essential and urgent” rebuilding work to be carried out at Helston Community College.

It is in reaction to the news two weeks ago that Cornwall Council has as yet been unable to find the £10million it had pledged last year, to rebuild dilapidated C-block.

The petition was launched in Helston's Coinagehall Street on Saturday by Derek Thomas, who hopes to become an Conservative MP at the next general election.

The response from members of the public has been described as “phenomenal”, with 95 per cent of people who were approached signing the petition.

Natasha Orchard, a former student of Helston Community College, said: “I strongly support the rebuild and I hope Cornwall Council change their mind regarding the funding.”

Mr Thomas hopes to be able to present a petition of 2,000 signatures to the council's cabinet members when they meet in September to discuss a way forward.

He said: “I urge councillor Andrew Wallis [portfolio holder] and the cabinet of Cornwall Council to find some way to fund this urgent rebuilding program. The redevelopment of C-block must be an absolute priority if we are serious about giving our young people the best start in life.”

More petition signings are planned in Helston over the coming weeks, with people also able to sign it online at www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/helstoncc.

Comments (36)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:12pm Wed 31 Jul 13

Girl Alive in Helston says...

I have never voted tory, but they do deserve credit for taking this problem seriously and trying to actually do something instead of the usual whine, "Its all too difficult".

Helston School urgently needs this money before it falls down, and if I had seen the petition I would have signed. I hope they are in Helston again, if anyone knows could they post it here.

I thought these sort of things are supposed to be supported by our current councillors and MP, but as its not election time (yet) I guess thats why they are nowhere to be seen.
I have never voted tory, but they do deserve credit for taking this problem seriously and trying to actually do something instead of the usual whine, "Its all too difficult". Helston School urgently needs this money before it falls down, and if I had seen the petition I would have signed. I hope they are in Helston again, if anyone knows could they post it here. I thought these sort of things are supposed to be supported by our current councillors and MP, but as its not election time (yet) I guess thats why they are nowhere to be seen. Girl Alive in Helston

9:05am Fri 2 Aug 13

ronedgcumbe says...

As it is now apparant that it is central goverment that has slashed funding to the DOE for schemes to fund the work like this that is desperetly needed should not the petition be sent to them.
As it is now apparant that it is central goverment that has slashed funding to the DOE for schemes to fund the work like this that is desperetly needed should not the petition be sent to them. ronedgcumbe

11:10am Fri 2 Aug 13

FurryDancer says...

Wrong Ron Edgcumbe, Cornwall Council had this money last year, their minutes of the meetings at Cornwall Council website confirm it, whatever "its not my fault" story being put out.

I do agree with you on one thing however. This sort of petition should be organised and driven by Helston Town Council & Helston's Cornwall Councillors. I know you have a pretty low opinion of both, but by failing to take a decisive lead on such an important subject it merely strengthens your argument.

Keep on commenting Ron, you (most of the time) hold the Councillors to account and ask awkward questions.
Wrong Ron Edgcumbe, Cornwall Council had this money last year, their minutes of the meetings at Cornwall Council website confirm it, whatever "its not my fault" story being put out. I do agree with you on one thing however. This sort of petition should be organised and driven by Helston Town Council & Helston's Cornwall Councillors. I know you have a pretty low opinion of both, but by failing to take a decisive lead on such an important subject it merely strengthens your argument. Keep on commenting Ron, you (most of the time) hold the Councillors to account and ask awkward questions. FurryDancer

12:09pm Fri 2 Aug 13

ronedgcumbe says...

I actualy do not have a low opinion of our county councilors. I think on the whole they are very.
I just think its a bit much that a prospective tory candidate promotes a petition to county council when it is central goverment that has cut the budgets.
If what you are saying about the money being there last year is correct than we need to be told where it is gone. A very worrying thout that perhapes we are not hearing the entire truth.
As for the town council taking a lead. I think we all know the anser to that.
I actualy do not have a low opinion of our county councilors. I think on the whole they are very. I just think its a bit much that a prospective tory candidate promotes a petition to county council when it is central goverment that has cut the budgets. If what you are saying about the money being there last year is correct than we need to be told where it is gone. A very worrying thout that perhapes we are not hearing the entire truth. As for the town council taking a lead. I think we all know the anser to that. ronedgcumbe

12:44pm Fri 2 Aug 13

RNASDutch says...

Actually ron edgcumbe is absolutely correct. This is policy from the tory/lib dem coalition government. As our own MP, Mr Andrew George, is a Lib Dem, and the party he belongs to is in the coalition, why isnt he banging the drum at his own Lib Dems who are in government. I see he all over the papers about the 5P fuel cut in the Scilly Isles, claiming credit for coalition policies.

I bet the Scilly islanders love seeing that, as they have disowned him as their MP because of the ferry fiasco and his intervention scuppered it.

Lib Dems are pretty unpopular in Helston, so I think he will be nowhere to be seen. Just like Macavity's cat.

I would ask him myself, but as a UKIP supporter probably wouldnt even get an answer.
Actually ron edgcumbe is absolutely correct. This is policy from the tory/lib dem coalition government. As our own MP, Mr Andrew George, is a Lib Dem, and the party he belongs to is in the coalition, why isnt he banging the drum at his own Lib Dems who are in government. I see he all over the papers about the 5P fuel cut in the Scilly Isles, claiming credit for coalition policies. I bet the Scilly islanders love seeing that, as they have disowned him as their MP because of the ferry fiasco and his intervention scuppered it. Lib Dems are pretty unpopular in Helston, so I think he will be nowhere to be seen. Just like Macavity's cat. I would ask him myself, but as a UKIP supporter probably wouldnt even get an answer. RNASDutch

12:46pm Fri 2 Aug 13

RNASDutch says...

I also agree entirely with Ron that we are not hearing he entire truth, just a politically massaged version.

Not a surprise, I am afraid to say.
I also agree entirely with Ron that we are not hearing he entire truth, just a politically massaged version. Not a surprise, I am afraid to say. RNASDutch

5:19pm Fri 2 Aug 13

Helston fly on the wall says...

I dont think Ron holds Cllrs to account, he just seems to complain on here
and the petition sounds like a political point scoring game by the Torys.
I dont think Ron holds Cllrs to account, he just seems to complain on here and the petition sounds like a political point scoring game by the Torys. Helston fly on the wall

5:41pm Fri 2 Aug 13

Helston fly on the wall says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
I actualy do not have a low opinion of our county councilors. I think on the whole they are very.
I just think its a bit much that a prospective tory candidate promotes a petition to county council when it is central goverment that has cut the budgets.
If what you are saying about the money being there last year is correct than we need to be told where it is gone. A very worrying thout that perhapes we are not hearing the entire truth.
As for the town council taking a lead. I think we all know the anser to that.
I think it is a good job you didnt get on the TC you sound bitter all the time to me about them, and if you ever get on how will you feel if people moan about you. Would you be able to reply to an email and get the spelling right
for a start. Why dont you stop having digs at the TC and get out and help the town in some small way.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: I actualy do not have a low opinion of our county councilors. I think on the whole they are very. I just think its a bit much that a prospective tory candidate promotes a petition to county council when it is central goverment that has cut the budgets. If what you are saying about the money being there last year is correct than we need to be told where it is gone. A very worrying thout that perhapes we are not hearing the entire truth. As for the town council taking a lead. I think we all know the anser to that.[/p][/quote]I think it is a good job you didnt get on the TC you sound bitter all the time to me about them, and if you ever get on how will you feel if people moan about you. Would you be able to reply to an email and get the spelling right for a start. Why dont you stop having digs at the TC and get out and help the town in some small way. Helston fly on the wall

5:41pm Fri 2 Aug 13

Helston fly on the wall says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
I actualy do not have a low opinion of our county councilors. I think on the whole they are very.
I just think its a bit much that a prospective tory candidate promotes a petition to county council when it is central goverment that has cut the budgets.
If what you are saying about the money being there last year is correct than we need to be told where it is gone. A very worrying thout that perhapes we are not hearing the entire truth.
As for the town council taking a lead. I think we all know the anser to that.
I think it is a good job you didnt get on the TC you sound bitter all the time to me about them, and if you ever get on how will you feel if people moan about you. Would you be able to reply to an email and get the spelling right
for a start. Why dont you stop having digs at the TC and get out and help the town in some small way.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: I actualy do not have a low opinion of our county councilors. I think on the whole they are very. I just think its a bit much that a prospective tory candidate promotes a petition to county council when it is central goverment that has cut the budgets. If what you are saying about the money being there last year is correct than we need to be told where it is gone. A very worrying thout that perhapes we are not hearing the entire truth. As for the town council taking a lead. I think we all know the anser to that.[/p][/quote]I think it is a good job you didnt get on the TC you sound bitter all the time to me about them, and if you ever get on how will you feel if people moan about you. Would you be able to reply to an email and get the spelling right for a start. Why dont you stop having digs at the TC and get out and help the town in some small way. Helston fly on the wall

8:24pm Fri 2 Aug 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Ron whilst I respect your opinion, I believe it is a generalisation to state:

"As for the town council taking a lead, I think 'we all' know the answer to that"

As far as I am concerned, I believe the Town Council do take the lead in Helston.
Just because people may take great delight in 'disliking' my comments on this website it does not however mean I am the only person out there that thinks Helston Town Council are good and under efficient leadership and that Councillor Andrew Wallis is a dedicated Councillor.

For the record, I really do hope you get onto the Town Council in the future because I would genuinely be very interested to see what you would achieve as a Councillor.
You did at one time state you were thinking about standing for Cornwall Council as well as the Town Council, I was therefore surprised you only stood for the Town Council.
Ron whilst I respect your opinion, I believe it is a generalisation to state: "As for the town council taking a lead, I think 'we all' know the answer to that" As far as I am concerned, I believe the Town Council do take the lead in Helston. Just because people may take great delight in 'disliking' my comments on this website it does not however mean I am the only person out there that thinks Helston Town Council are good and under efficient leadership and that Councillor Andrew Wallis is a dedicated Councillor. For the record, I really do hope you get onto the Town Council in the future because I would genuinely be very interested to see what you would achieve as a Councillor. You did at one time state you were thinking about standing for Cornwall Council as well as the Town Council, I was therefore surprised you only stood for the Town Council. Gillian Zella Martin 09

9:47am Sat 3 Aug 13

ronedgcumbe says...

Gill i did not stand for the county elections as a person who would of made a far better councilor then myself stood in my ward.It was a shame he did not get in. I believe I have also stated that I would be willing to stand at any town council by- election held on a one vote per candidate basis but not at any election held on a multiple vote system.
I agree it is a generalisation which I apologise for. However I have stated my ideas and solutions to Helstons problems on this forum many times and see little point in restating them over and over again.
I know we rarly ever agree but I respect and enjoy reading your comments and letters. I do however agree that this point scoring system is unnesesary and will give all my future comments an initial thumbs down
Gill i did not stand for the county elections as a person who would of made a far better councilor then myself stood in my ward.It was a shame he did not get in. I believe I have also stated that I would be willing to stand at any town council by- election held on a one vote per candidate basis but not at any election held on a multiple vote system. I agree it is a generalisation which I apologise for. However I have stated my ideas and solutions to Helstons problems on this forum many times and see little point in restating them over and over again. I know we rarly ever agree but I respect and enjoy reading your comments and letters. I do however agree that this point scoring system is unnesesary and will give all my future comments an initial thumbs down ronedgcumbe

11:23am Sat 3 Aug 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill i did not stand for the county elections as a person who would of made a far better councilor then myself stood in my ward.It was a shame he did not get in. I believe I have also stated that I would be willing to stand at any town council by- election held on a one vote per candidate basis but not at any election held on a multiple vote system.
I agree it is a generalisation which I apologise for. However I have stated my ideas and solutions to Helstons problems on this forum many times and see little point in restating them over and over again.
I know we rarly ever agree but I respect and enjoy reading your comments and letters. I do however agree that this point scoring system is unnesesary and will give all my future comments an initial thumbs down
Ron, thank you for your reply, I enjoy reading your comments, we do agree sometimes :)
I am not bothering with the point scoring because with my tiny phone screen and bad signal, it would take too long and I would probably hit the wrong one anyway. Hopefully when a vacancy arises on the Town Council you will get on it. My policy is, if you want something badly enough then never give up.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Gill i did not stand for the county elections as a person who would of made a far better councilor then myself stood in my ward.It was a shame he did not get in. I believe I have also stated that I would be willing to stand at any town council by- election held on a one vote per candidate basis but not at any election held on a multiple vote system. I agree it is a generalisation which I apologise for. However I have stated my ideas and solutions to Helstons problems on this forum many times and see little point in restating them over and over again. I know we rarly ever agree but I respect and enjoy reading your comments and letters. I do however agree that this point scoring system is unnesesary and will give all my future comments an initial thumbs down[/p][/quote]Ron, thank you for your reply, I enjoy reading your comments, we do agree sometimes :) I am not bothering with the point scoring because with my tiny phone screen and bad signal, it would take too long and I would probably hit the wrong one anyway. Hopefully when a vacancy arises on the Town Council you will get on it. My policy is, if you want something badly enough then never give up. Gillian Zella Martin 09

7:13pm Sun 4 Aug 13

Girl Alive in Helston says...

I was down at the farmers market yesterday, and I saw the petition table was there. Amazing number of people signing, and at one stage people queuing to sign.

Disappointingly, absolutely no sign of either the MP Mr Andrew George or the Cabinet Member on Cornwall Council, Mr Andrew Wallis.

I presume neither support the rebuilding of Helston School.

I can also say there were a lot of very angry Helston people saying how disgraceful this decision was to go back on a commitment.

Be interesting to see where the stand appears next, and whether the support is as strong.

Well done to the farmers market organisers for allowing this important event to occur.
I was down at the farmers market yesterday, and I saw the petition table was there. Amazing number of people signing, and at one stage people queuing to sign. Disappointingly, absolutely no sign of either the MP Mr Andrew George or the Cabinet Member on Cornwall Council, Mr Andrew Wallis. I presume neither support the rebuilding of Helston School. I can also say there were a lot of very angry Helston people saying how disgraceful this decision was to go back on a commitment. Be interesting to see where the stand appears next, and whether the support is as strong. Well done to the farmers market organisers for allowing this important event to occur. Girl Alive in Helston

8:07pm Sun 4 Aug 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

May I just point out that there are actually two Helston Cornwall Council Cabinet members and additionally that Councillor Alex Folkes is the Cornwall Council Cabinet member for 'finances and resources', has anyone sought his opinion on this issue ?
Councillor Andrew Walllis is an Independent, as such, I see no reason why he should stand around under a 'polluted' help our school sign, why did the sign have 'Conservatives' on it if politics are not involved! In my view, if someone only has one genuine motive for doing something good, then they would not promote themselves and certainly not involve politics.
May I just point out that there are actually two Helston Cornwall Council Cabinet members and additionally that Councillor Alex Folkes is the Cornwall Council Cabinet member for 'finances and resources', has anyone sought his opinion on this issue ? Councillor Andrew Walllis is an Independent, as such, I see no reason why he should stand around under a 'polluted' help our school sign, why did the sign have 'Conservatives' on it if politics are not involved! In my view, if someone only has one genuine motive for doing something good, then they would not promote themselves and certainly not involve politics. Gillian Zella Martin 09

8:19pm Sun 4 Aug 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Apologies for my mis spelling of Councillor Andrew Wallis in my previous post, it was a genuine mistake on my part.
Apologies for my mis spelling of Councillor Andrew Wallis in my previous post, it was a genuine mistake on my part. Gillian Zella Martin 09

11:00pm Sun 4 Aug 13

FurryDancer says...

So Gill Zella thinks this petition is "polluted" by politics.

So you would rather have things totally "unpolluted", and nobody do anything at all about this disgraceful decision to withdraw the commitment for funding, and let C block at Helston School fall down, and the pupils suffer.

Could you let readers know what is your motive for suggesting nothing is done, or are you busy trying to deflect the flak from your mates on Cornwall Council. I notice you always defend and never critisise any Lib Dem or your friend Cllr Wallis. It is far more "polluting" to let kids suffer rather than admit your mates have got it wrong.

I dont care who tries to get this decision reversed, as long as someone does. It can be Lib Dem, Labour, UK, MK or anyone at all, just try and do something rather than be an armchair critic of anyone else who attempts to help the school.

Interestingly I also note that Zella Martin again wrongly spells Cllr Wallis name. I suspect this is the same person that is using multiple identities and consistently deliberately spells Cllr Wallis name wrong
So Gill Zella thinks this petition is "polluted" by politics. So you would rather have things totally "unpolluted", and nobody do anything at all about this disgraceful decision to withdraw the commitment for funding, and let C block at Helston School fall down, and the pupils suffer. Could you let readers know what is your motive for suggesting nothing is done, or are you busy trying to deflect the flak from your mates on Cornwall Council. I notice you always defend and never critisise any Lib Dem or your friend Cllr Wallis. It is far more "polluting" to let kids suffer rather than admit your mates have got it wrong. I dont care who tries to get this decision reversed, as long as someone does. It can be Lib Dem, Labour, UK, MK or anyone at all, just try and do something rather than be an armchair critic of anyone else who attempts to help the school. Interestingly I also note that Zella Martin again wrongly spells Cllr Wallis name. I suspect this is the same person that is using multiple identities and consistently deliberately spells Cllr Wallis name wrong FurryDancer

5:28am Mon 5 Aug 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

FurryDancer wrote:
So Gill Zella thinks this petition is "polluted" by politics.

So you would rather have things totally "unpolluted", and nobody do anything at all about this disgraceful decision to withdraw the commitment for funding, and let C block at Helston School fall down, and the pupils suffer.

Could you let readers know what is your motive for suggesting nothing is done, or are you busy trying to deflect the flak from your mates on Cornwall Council. I notice you always defend and never critisise any Lib Dem or your friend Cllr Wallis. It is far more "polluting" to let kids suffer rather than admit your mates have got it wrong.

I dont care who tries to get this decision reversed, as long as someone does. It can be Lib Dem, Labour, UK, MK or anyone at all, just try and do something rather than be an armchair critic of anyone else who attempts to help the school.

Interestingly I also note that Zella Martin again wrongly spells Cllr Wallis name. I suspect this is the same person that is using multiple identities and consistently deliberately spells Cllr Wallis name wrong
You are wrong I am afraid on many counts.
I have no political agenda, I do not always defend Lib Dems, if I defend anything I believe to be right it has no political bearing whatsoever, if you actually cared to do some research in the Packet archives letters, and on line, and on BBC Graham Smiths blog, you will find that I was once accused of being politically against Lib Dems because I wanted the four remaining Councillors (council tax defaulters) that had not come forward, exposed, in fairness of those that had been honest, and when they were eventually exposed, the four of them all happened to be Lib Dems.

Regarding the school, of course I would like the best possible solution found, however, the money for the re build was never there in the first place, it was only agreed in principle subject to funding being sought, if the money had been there then do you not think it would have been paid out long before the new council took over in May. Nowhere did I suggest that nothing should be done.

I do not have any "mates" on Cornwall Council, the only Cornwall Councillor I know on a personal basis is my local Councillor, and I have actually no idea what she does or does not do on the Council as I have never discussed her council work with her. In fact I might look up on the council website what she does do.

Your suggestion that I use multiple user names and spell Councillor Andrew Wallis incorrectly is ludicrous and contradictory to what you say, you accuse me of defending the council in not rebuilding then you accuse me of using multiple user names and spelling Councillor Andrew Wallis incorrectly deliberately. Those that spell his name repeatedly incorrectly do not spell it in the same way I made a genuine mistake, and they criticise him, why would I criticise him and then defend the fact that what the council says is correct and no money was ever available, it was only agreed in principle?

I have only ever posted under my own name, I am quite happy to say exactly what I want to say under my own name and always will do, I always stand by my beliefs, no matter how much criticism I take for it. I no doubt there are people that use multiple user names on here, if I wanted to criticise Councillor Andrew Wallis then I would contact him directly and do so, not post under a pseudonym on here. I may have a lot of faults but being a coward is not one of them.
[quote][p][bold]FurryDancer[/bold] wrote: So Gill Zella thinks this petition is "polluted" by politics. So you would rather have things totally "unpolluted", and nobody do anything at all about this disgraceful decision to withdraw the commitment for funding, and let C block at Helston School fall down, and the pupils suffer. Could you let readers know what is your motive for suggesting nothing is done, or are you busy trying to deflect the flak from your mates on Cornwall Council. I notice you always defend and never critisise any Lib Dem or your friend Cllr Wallis. It is far more "polluting" to let kids suffer rather than admit your mates have got it wrong. I dont care who tries to get this decision reversed, as long as someone does. It can be Lib Dem, Labour, UK, MK or anyone at all, just try and do something rather than be an armchair critic of anyone else who attempts to help the school. Interestingly I also note that Zella Martin again wrongly spells Cllr Wallis name. I suspect this is the same person that is using multiple identities and consistently deliberately spells Cllr Wallis name wrong[/p][/quote]You are wrong I am afraid on many counts. I have no political agenda, I do not always defend Lib Dems, if I defend anything I believe to be right it has no political bearing whatsoever, if you actually cared to do some research in the Packet archives letters, and on line, and on BBC Graham Smiths blog, you will find that I was once accused of being politically against Lib Dems because I wanted the four remaining Councillors (council tax defaulters) that had not come forward, exposed, in fairness of those that had been honest, and when they were eventually exposed, the four of them all happened to be Lib Dems. Regarding the school, of course I would like the best possible solution found, however, the money for the re build was never there in the first place, it was only agreed in principle subject to funding being sought, if the money had been there then do you not think it would have been paid out long before the new council took over in May. Nowhere did I suggest that nothing should be done. I do not have any "mates" on Cornwall Council, the only Cornwall Councillor I know on a personal basis is my local Councillor, and I have actually no idea what she does or does not do on the Council as I have never discussed her council work with her. In fact I might look up on the council website what she does do. Your suggestion that I use multiple user names and spell Councillor Andrew Wallis incorrectly is ludicrous and contradictory to what you say, you accuse me of defending the council in not rebuilding then you accuse me of using multiple user names and spelling Councillor Andrew Wallis incorrectly deliberately. Those that spell his name repeatedly incorrectly do not spell it in the same way I made a genuine mistake, and they criticise him, why would I criticise him and then defend the fact that what the council says is correct and no money was ever available, it was only agreed in principle? I have only ever posted under my own name, I am quite happy to say exactly what I want to say under my own name and always will do, I always stand by my beliefs, no matter how much criticism I take for it. I no doubt there are people that use multiple user names on here, if I wanted to criticise Councillor Andrew Wallis then I would contact him directly and do so, not post under a pseudonym on here. I may have a lot of faults but being a coward is not one of them. Gillian Zella Martin 09

12:26pm Mon 5 Aug 13

Helston fly on the wall says...

FurryDancer, you make cheap shots, just because GZM has a different opinion from you dosnt make her mates with Cornwall Cllrs.
if anyone has multiple user names I suspect it could be you.
I wonder who it was that used to slate Cllr Boase, I wonder why you accused GZM of defending Lib Dems, oh yes I think Cllr Boase is Lib Dem.
Its plain to see for anyone with commonsense GZM is not the one spelling Cllr Wallis wrong frequently and on purpose to slate him. He is a good Cllr and GZM just recognises that fact obviously.
I think the school should be repaired not rebuilt, we are in financially bad times and why should other schools go without if all the money is spent on one school.
FurryDancer, you make cheap shots, just because GZM has a different opinion from you dosnt make her mates with Cornwall Cllrs. if anyone has multiple user names I suspect it could be you. I wonder who it was that used to slate Cllr Boase, I wonder why you accused GZM of defending Lib Dems, oh yes I think Cllr Boase is Lib Dem. Its plain to see for anyone with commonsense GZM is not the one spelling Cllr Wallis wrong frequently and on purpose to slate him. He is a good Cllr and GZM just recognises that fact obviously. I think the school should be repaired not rebuilt, we are in financially bad times and why should other schools go without if all the money is spent on one school. Helston fly on the wall

12:35pm Mon 5 Aug 13

Helston fly on the wall says...

perhaps Alec Robertson was too busy trying to get votes for Helston North
at the time to really think where the funding was atually going to come from
perhaps Alec Robertson was too busy trying to get votes for Helston North at the time to really think where the funding was atually going to come from Helston fly on the wall

1:02pm Mon 5 Aug 13

Helston fly on the wall says...

By the way, I noticed when Cllr Boase was slated under different user names it was GZM that defended him but she still posted under her own name and he was Lib Dem and Cllr Wallis is Independent and she defended the slating of Cllr Radford Gaby in the past and he is Conservative.
By the way, I noticed when Cllr Boase was slated under different user names it was GZM that defended him but she still posted under her own name and he was Lib Dem and Cllr Wallis is Independent and she defended the slating of Cllr Radford Gaby in the past and he is Conservative. Helston fly on the wall

1:59pm Mon 5 Aug 13

David Pascoe says...

Reading the long and rambling answer from GZM, I think Furrydancer has rather hit a nerve and exposed some dodgy goings on.

Could you say flyonthewall where Cllr Boase has been mentioned in the discussion over Helston School. I wasn't aware he was in any way involved, and he stood for Town Council elections on an independent platform, definitely not Lib Dem. I know this for a fact because I received one of his election leaflets. More misinformation to try and taint Cllr Boase about something he has no involvement by linking him to the Lib Dems who are running Cornwall Council.
Reading the long and rambling answer from GZM, I think Furrydancer has rather hit a nerve and exposed some dodgy goings on. Could you say flyonthewall where Cllr Boase has been mentioned in the discussion over Helston School. I wasn't aware he was in any way involved, and he stood for Town Council elections on an independent platform, definitely not Lib Dem. I know this for a fact because I received one of his election leaflets. More misinformation to try and taint Cllr Boase about something he has no involvement by linking him to the Lib Dems who are running Cornwall Council. David Pascoe

2:37pm Mon 5 Aug 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

David Pascoe wrote:
Reading the long and rambling answer from GZM, I think Furrydancer has rather hit a nerve and exposed some dodgy goings on.

Could you say flyonthewall where Cllr Boase has been mentioned in the discussion over Helston School. I wasn't aware he was in any way involved, and he stood for Town Council elections on an independent platform, definitely not Lib Dem. I know this for a fact because I received one of his election leaflets. More misinformation to try and taint Cllr Boase about something he has no involvement by linking him to the Lib Dems who are running Cornwall Council.
FurryDancer has hit no nerve with me and there are no " dodgy goings on" as far as I am concerned. I am well aware how wrong some people can be like insisting I was male a while ago and telling me my middle name was not a real name and that I was a Mr Martin etc

Please explain what "dodgy goings on " you now link my name to ? I object to the suggestion I am linked to "dodgy goings on"
[quote][p][bold]David Pascoe[/bold] wrote: Reading the long and rambling answer from GZM, I think Furrydancer has rather hit a nerve and exposed some dodgy goings on. Could you say flyonthewall where Cllr Boase has been mentioned in the discussion over Helston School. I wasn't aware he was in any way involved, and he stood for Town Council elections on an independent platform, definitely not Lib Dem. I know this for a fact because I received one of his election leaflets. More misinformation to try and taint Cllr Boase about something he has no involvement by linking him to the Lib Dems who are running Cornwall Council.[/p][/quote]FurryDancer has hit no nerve with me and there are no " dodgy goings on" as far as I am concerned. I am well aware how wrong some people can be like insisting I was male a while ago and telling me my middle name was not a real name and that I was a Mr Martin etc Please explain what "dodgy goings on " you now link my name to ? I object to the suggestion I am linked to "dodgy goings on" Gillian Zella Martin 09

3:35pm Mon 5 Aug 13

Helston fly on the wall says...

David Pascoe wrote:
Reading the long and rambling answer from GZM, I think Furrydancer has rather hit a nerve and exposed some dodgy goings on.

Could you say flyonthewall where Cllr Boase has been mentioned in the discussion over Helston School. I wasn't aware he was in any way involved, and he stood for Town Council elections on an independent platform, definitely not Lib Dem. I know this for a fact because I received one of his election leaflets. More misinformation to try and taint Cllr Boase about something he has no involvement by linking him to the Lib Dems who are running Cornwall Council.
The TC have been mentioned on this thread, I thought Cllr Boase was a town Cllr, he is a good Cllr and I was only making the point that I have never read any of GZMs comments as favouring any political party. I just was giving an example as I thought he used to be Lib Dem. I think you are out of order saying about dodgy goings on.
[quote][p][bold]David Pascoe[/bold] wrote: Reading the long and rambling answer from GZM, I think Furrydancer has rather hit a nerve and exposed some dodgy goings on. Could you say flyonthewall where Cllr Boase has been mentioned in the discussion over Helston School. I wasn't aware he was in any way involved, and he stood for Town Council elections on an independent platform, definitely not Lib Dem. I know this for a fact because I received one of his election leaflets. More misinformation to try and taint Cllr Boase about something he has no involvement by linking him to the Lib Dems who are running Cornwall Council.[/p][/quote]The TC have been mentioned on this thread, I thought Cllr Boase was a town Cllr, he is a good Cllr and I was only making the point that I have never read any of GZMs comments as favouring any political party. I just was giving an example as I thought he used to be Lib Dem. I think you are out of order saying about dodgy goings on. Helston fly on the wall

3:54pm Mon 5 Aug 13

meerkats says...

For goodness sake ,here we go yet again,this time its FurryDancer having a go at Gill ,just because they dont agree with her comments. I have read all of Gills comments and i have never known here to spell Cllr Wallis name wrong and i believe it was a genuine mistake on her part ,unlike some who every time they criticise him they continually get it wrong. Just because Gill thinks he is a very good Cllr it doesnt mean they are mates. I also think he is an excellent Cllr and no i am not his mate either. It is getting boring and unnecessary to use this section to have a go at people when they dont agree especially when hiding behind their user names . Gill dont let them get you down.
For goodness sake ,here we go yet again,this time its FurryDancer having a go at Gill ,just because they dont agree with her comments. I have read all of Gills comments and i have never known here to spell Cllr Wallis name wrong and i believe it was a genuine mistake on her part ,unlike some who every time they criticise him they continually get it wrong. Just because Gill thinks he is a very good Cllr it doesnt mean they are mates. I also think he is an excellent Cllr and no i am not his mate either. It is getting boring and unnecessary to use this section to have a go at people when they dont agree especially when hiding behind their user names . Gill dont let them get you down. meerkats

4:00pm Mon 5 Aug 13

meerkats says...

David Pascoe wrote:
Reading the long and rambling answer from GZM, I think Furrydancer has rather hit a nerve and exposed some dodgy goings on.

Could you say flyonthewall where Cllr Boase has been mentioned in the discussion over Helston School. I wasn't aware he was in any way involved, and he stood for Town Council elections on an independent platform, definitely not Lib Dem. I know this for a fact because I received one of his election leaflets. More misinformation to try and taint Cllr Boase about something he has no involvement by linking him to the Lib Dems who are running Cornwall Council.
Long and rambling answer ? I think Gills reply was very good and she explained herself very well in reply to FurryDancers ridiculous comment. You are totally out of order linking Gill to dodgy goings on and i think the least you could do is explain what you meant by it. and why you said it in the first place.
[quote][p][bold]David Pascoe[/bold] wrote: Reading the long and rambling answer from GZM, I think Furrydancer has rather hit a nerve and exposed some dodgy goings on. Could you say flyonthewall where Cllr Boase has been mentioned in the discussion over Helston School. I wasn't aware he was in any way involved, and he stood for Town Council elections on an independent platform, definitely not Lib Dem. I know this for a fact because I received one of his election leaflets. More misinformation to try and taint Cllr Boase about something he has no involvement by linking him to the Lib Dems who are running Cornwall Council.[/p][/quote]Long and rambling answer ? I think Gills reply was very good and she explained herself very well in reply to FurryDancers ridiculous comment. You are totally out of order linking Gill to dodgy goings on and i think the least you could do is explain what you meant by it. and why you said it in the first place. meerkats

4:04pm Mon 5 Aug 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

Thank you Helston fly on the wall, you are right, I never favour any political party, I have no political party adherence at all.
I wait to be enlightened by 'David Pascoe' as to what dodgy goings on!
he already accused me of being a Mr Martin etc not that long ago.
I am certainly not involved in any 'dodgy goings on'
I am exactly who I say I am and I only ever post under my own name.
I never did receive a reply from 'David Pascoe' as to which Mr Martin he thought I was, so I doubt I will get a reply about the 'dodgy goings on'
He has nothing to substantiate his claim with.
Thank you Helston fly on the wall, you are right, I never favour any political party, I have no political party adherence at all. I wait to be enlightened by 'David Pascoe' as to what dodgy goings on! he already accused me of being a Mr Martin etc not that long ago. I am certainly not involved in any 'dodgy goings on' I am exactly who I say I am and I only ever post under my own name. I never did receive a reply from 'David Pascoe' as to which Mr Martin he thought I was, so I doubt I will get a reply about the 'dodgy goings on' He has nothing to substantiate his claim with. Gillian Zella Martin 09

4:08pm Mon 5 Aug 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

meerkats wrote:
David Pascoe wrote:
Reading the long and rambling answer from GZM, I think Furrydancer has rather hit a nerve and exposed some dodgy goings on.

Could you say flyonthewall where Cllr Boase has been mentioned in the discussion over Helston School. I wasn't aware he was in any way involved, and he stood for Town Council elections on an independent platform, definitely not Lib Dem. I know this for a fact because I received one of his election leaflets. More misinformation to try and taint Cllr Boase about something he has no involvement by linking him to the Lib Dems who are running Cornwall Council.
Long and rambling answer ? I think Gills reply was very good and she explained herself very well in reply to FurryDancers ridiculous comment. You are totally out of order linking Gill to dodgy goings on and i think the least you could do is explain what you meant by it. and why you said it in the first place.
Thank you meerkats, you were posting while I was writing.
It is another case of an over active imagination on the part of 'David Pascoe' I would think.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]David Pascoe[/bold] wrote: Reading the long and rambling answer from GZM, I think Furrydancer has rather hit a nerve and exposed some dodgy goings on. Could you say flyonthewall where Cllr Boase has been mentioned in the discussion over Helston School. I wasn't aware he was in any way involved, and he stood for Town Council elections on an independent platform, definitely not Lib Dem. I know this for a fact because I received one of his election leaflets. More misinformation to try and taint Cllr Boase about something he has no involvement by linking him to the Lib Dems who are running Cornwall Council.[/p][/quote]Long and rambling answer ? I think Gills reply was very good and she explained herself very well in reply to FurryDancers ridiculous comment. You are totally out of order linking Gill to dodgy goings on and i think the least you could do is explain what you meant by it. and why you said it in the first place.[/p][/quote]Thank you meerkats, you were posting while I was writing. It is another case of an over active imagination on the part of 'David Pascoe' I would think. Gillian Zella Martin 09

4:11pm Mon 5 Aug 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

meerkats wrote:
For goodness sake ,here we go yet again,this time its FurryDancer having a go at Gill ,just because they dont agree with her comments. I have read all of Gills comments and i have never known here to spell Cllr Wallis name wrong and i believe it was a genuine mistake on her part ,unlike some who every time they criticise him they continually get it wrong. Just because Gill thinks he is a very good Cllr it doesnt mean they are mates. I also think he is an excellent Cllr and no i am not his mate either. It is getting boring and unnecessary to use this section to have a go at people when they dont agree especially when hiding behind their user names . Gill dont let them get you down.
Thanks meerkats, much appreciated.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: For goodness sake ,here we go yet again,this time its FurryDancer having a go at Gill ,just because they dont agree with her comments. I have read all of Gills comments and i have never known here to spell Cllr Wallis name wrong and i believe it was a genuine mistake on her part ,unlike some who every time they criticise him they continually get it wrong. Just because Gill thinks he is a very good Cllr it doesnt mean they are mates. I also think he is an excellent Cllr and no i am not his mate either. It is getting boring and unnecessary to use this section to have a go at people when they dont agree especially when hiding behind their user names . Gill dont let them get you down.[/p][/quote]Thanks meerkats, much appreciated. Gillian Zella Martin 09

8:39am Wed 7 Aug 13

DCI Jen says...

FurryDancer wrote:
So Gill Zella thinks this petition is "polluted" by politics.

So you would rather have things totally "unpolluted", and nobody do anything at all about this disgraceful decision to withdraw the commitment for funding, and let C block at Helston School fall down, and the pupils suffer.

Could you let readers know what is your motive for suggesting nothing is done, or are you busy trying to deflect the flak from your mates on Cornwall Council. I notice you always defend and never critisise any Lib Dem or your friend Cllr Wallis. It is far more "polluting" to let kids suffer rather than admit your mates have got it wrong.

I dont care who tries to get this decision reversed, as long as someone does. It can be Lib Dem, Labour, UK, MK or anyone at all, just try and do something rather than be an armchair critic of anyone else who attempts to help the school.

Interestingly I also note that Zella Martin again wrongly spells Cllr Wallis name. I suspect this is the same person that is using multiple identities and consistently deliberately spells Cllr Wallis name wrong
FurryDancer, if you want to try and bring Gill under suspicion of something, then at least pick something plausible, perhaps you post under so many user names you can't remember what comment you post under what name, because to accuse Gill of deliberately spelling Cllr Wallis's name wrong and therefore making her one of the people that slate him on many occasion, is plain ignorant in my view. I think you must have forgotten that on the article "No pot of gold for Helston Community College" YOU, clearly under the user name FurryDancer, spell Cllr Wallis's name completely incorrectly numerously.!!!!
Gill would not slate Cllr Wallis and I think you are a complete coward to post under a user name and try to put her under suspicion just because she doesn't happen to hold the same views on an article as you. Do you try to put people under suspicion in your everyday life, or only on line when you can hide under a user name?
Gill is right in what she says on both articles, that this lack of money is not the fault of Cllr Wallis and it was only ever agreed in principle by the original council cabinet members, without the money actually being there, she is also right in saying he is good to keep the public informed and not to hide away and say nothing which I think some Cllr's do.

As for David Pascoe, you are I think despicable for suggesting any dodgy goings on at all, and you don't even have the good grace to apologise for previously telling Gill she was a Mr Martin and all the other untrue comments that went with that. If you want proof of who she is then try asking the Mayor, because he has met her and knows perfectly well who she is.
[quote][p][bold]FurryDancer[/bold] wrote: So Gill Zella thinks this petition is "polluted" by politics. So you would rather have things totally "unpolluted", and nobody do anything at all about this disgraceful decision to withdraw the commitment for funding, and let C block at Helston School fall down, and the pupils suffer. Could you let readers know what is your motive for suggesting nothing is done, or are you busy trying to deflect the flak from your mates on Cornwall Council. I notice you always defend and never critisise any Lib Dem or your friend Cllr Wallis. It is far more "polluting" to let kids suffer rather than admit your mates have got it wrong. I dont care who tries to get this decision reversed, as long as someone does. It can be Lib Dem, Labour, UK, MK or anyone at all, just try and do something rather than be an armchair critic of anyone else who attempts to help the school. Interestingly I also note that Zella Martin again wrongly spells Cllr Wallis name. I suspect this is the same person that is using multiple identities and consistently deliberately spells Cllr Wallis name wrong[/p][/quote]FurryDancer, if you want to try and bring Gill under suspicion of something, then at least pick something plausible, perhaps you post under so many user names you can't remember what comment you post under what name, because to accuse Gill of deliberately spelling Cllr Wallis's name wrong and therefore making her one of the people that slate him on many occasion, is plain ignorant in my view. I think you must have forgotten that on the article "No pot of gold for Helston Community College" YOU, clearly under the user name FurryDancer, spell Cllr Wallis's name completely incorrectly numerously.!!!! Gill would not slate Cllr Wallis and I think you are a complete coward to post under a user name and try to put her under suspicion just because she doesn't happen to hold the same views on an article as you. Do you try to put people under suspicion in your everyday life, or only on line when you can hide under a user name? Gill is right in what she says on both articles, that this lack of money is not the fault of Cllr Wallis and it was only ever agreed in principle by the original council cabinet members, without the money actually being there, she is also right in saying he is good to keep the public informed and not to hide away and say nothing which I think some Cllr's do. As for David Pascoe, you are I think despicable for suggesting any dodgy goings on at all, and you don't even have the good grace to apologise for previously telling Gill she was a Mr Martin and all the other untrue comments that went with that. If you want proof of who she is then try asking the Mayor, because he has met her and knows perfectly well who she is. DCI Jen

10:02am Wed 7 Aug 13

meerkats says...

I se that since making his ridiculous comment to Gill, David Pascoe has not come back with anything , so its obvious he had nothing to substantiate his claim of dodgy dealings and was wrong but then we knew that anyway !!
I se that since making his ridiculous comment to Gill, David Pascoe has not come back with anything , so its obvious he had nothing to substantiate his claim of dodgy dealings and was wrong but then we knew that anyway !! meerkats

5:39pm Wed 7 Aug 13

DCI Jen says...

You are right meerkats about 'David Pascoe'' but thats because you have a lot of sense, I always enjoy reading your comments, and as for FurryDancers accusation to Gill, its laughable seeing as FurryDancer is the one that slated Cllr Wallis on the other article about "no pot of gold for Helston College"

Glad to see the truth has outed in this weeks Packet, and Gill was right in what she defended on both articles. I know MP Andrew George will go right up in her estimation too and in mine.
I have to leave the county again in a minute for a while but will be following what happens about the college when I get time. (I clicked on a few likes and dislikes while I was here lol)
You are right meerkats about 'David Pascoe'' but thats because you have a lot of sense, I always enjoy reading your comments, and as for FurryDancers accusation to Gill, its laughable seeing as FurryDancer is the one that slated Cllr Wallis on the other article about "no pot of gold for Helston College" Glad to see the truth has outed in this weeks Packet, and Gill was right in what she defended on both articles. I know MP Andrew George will go right up in her estimation too and in mine. I have to leave the county again in a minute for a while but will be following what happens about the college when I get time. (I clicked on a few likes and dislikes while I was here lol) DCI Jen

5:44pm Wed 7 Aug 13

meerkats says...

DCI Jen wrote:
You are right meerkats about 'David Pascoe'' but thats because you have a lot of sense, I always enjoy reading your comments, and as for FurryDancers accusation to Gill, its laughable seeing as FurryDancer is the one that slated Cllr Wallis on the other article about "no pot of gold for Helston College"

Glad to see the truth has outed in this weeks Packet, and Gill was right in what she defended on both articles. I know MP Andrew George will go right up in her estimation too and in mine.
I have to leave the county again in a minute for a while but will be following what happens about the college when I get time. (I clicked on a few likes and dislikes while I was here lol)
Make sure you use your own phone this time if you comment while you are away lol.
[quote][p][bold]DCI Jen[/bold] wrote: You are right meerkats about 'David Pascoe'' but thats because you have a lot of sense, I always enjoy reading your comments, and as for FurryDancers accusation to Gill, its laughable seeing as FurryDancer is the one that slated Cllr Wallis on the other article about "no pot of gold for Helston College" Glad to see the truth has outed in this weeks Packet, and Gill was right in what she defended on both articles. I know MP Andrew George will go right up in her estimation too and in mine. I have to leave the county again in a minute for a while but will be following what happens about the college when I get time. (I clicked on a few likes and dislikes while I was here lol)[/p][/quote]Make sure you use your own phone this time if you comment while you are away lol. meerkats

5:47pm Wed 7 Aug 13

DCI Jen says...

Think the point scoring is rubbish really, it doesn't mean a thing if people don't comment as well. I reckon they'll lose readers eventually. Probably the Packet staff use it, they can tick dislike on mine I don't care lol
Think the point scoring is rubbish really, it doesn't mean a thing if people don't comment as well. I reckon they'll lose readers eventually. Probably the Packet staff use it, they can tick dislike on mine I don't care lol DCI Jen

5:51pm Wed 7 Aug 13

DCI Jen says...

meerkats wrote:
DCI Jen wrote:
You are right meerkats about 'David Pascoe'' but thats because you have a lot of sense, I always enjoy reading your comments, and as for FurryDancers accusation to Gill, its laughable seeing as FurryDancer is the one that slated Cllr Wallis on the other article about "no pot of gold for Helston College"

Glad to see the truth has outed in this weeks Packet, and Gill was right in what she defended on both articles. I know MP Andrew George will go right up in her estimation too and in mine.
I have to leave the county again in a minute for a while but will be following what happens about the college when I get time. (I clicked on a few likes and dislikes while I was here lol)
Make sure you use your own phone this time if you comment while you are away lol.
I'll use my computer because I can't take this phone with me unfortunately lol must hit the road now. Hope they 'mend' the college.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DCI Jen[/bold] wrote: You are right meerkats about 'David Pascoe'' but thats because you have a lot of sense, I always enjoy reading your comments, and as for FurryDancers accusation to Gill, its laughable seeing as FurryDancer is the one that slated Cllr Wallis on the other article about "no pot of gold for Helston College" Glad to see the truth has outed in this weeks Packet, and Gill was right in what she defended on both articles. I know MP Andrew George will go right up in her estimation too and in mine. I have to leave the county again in a minute for a while but will be following what happens about the college when I get time. (I clicked on a few likes and dislikes while I was here lol)[/p][/quote]Make sure you use your own phone this time if you comment while you are away lol.[/p][/quote]I'll use my computer because I can't take this phone with me unfortunately lol must hit the road now. Hope they 'mend' the college. DCI Jen

6:39pm Wed 7 Aug 13

DCI Jen says...

Forgot to say, they won't lose me as a reader, and I have the Packet posted to me when I'm out of the county, It's worth the cost. Still think the point scoring is pointless though. Still think they will lose commenters, I said readers in my last post, I meant commenters, where's telstar, Claudius, Jane W, June white, LBFS and many more. BFN.
Forgot to say, they won't lose me as a reader, and I have the Packet posted to me when I'm out of the county, It's worth the cost. Still think the point scoring is pointless though. Still think they will lose commenters, I said readers in my last post, I meant commenters, where's telstar, Claudius, Jane W, June white, LBFS and many more. BFN. DCI Jen

6:51pm Wed 7 Aug 13

meerkats says...

DCI Jen wrote:
Think the point scoring is rubbish really, it doesn't mean a thing if people don't comment as well. I reckon they'll lose readers eventually. Probably the Packet staff use it, they can tick dislike on mine I don't care lol
I Emailed the Packet Editor Tuesday of last week to ask why they have introduced the point scoring but he has never replied . Like you i think they will lose commenters which is a shame. BFN
[quote][p][bold]DCI Jen[/bold] wrote: Think the point scoring is rubbish really, it doesn't mean a thing if people don't comment as well. I reckon they'll lose readers eventually. Probably the Packet staff use it, they can tick dislike on mine I don't care lol[/p][/quote]I Emailed the Packet Editor Tuesday of last week to ask why they have introduced the point scoring but he has never replied . Like you i think they will lose commenters which is a shame. BFN meerkats

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree