Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting PKNEWS to 80360
Two people rescued from burning Falmouth house - one unconscious
10:28am Thursday 15th August 2013 in News
Fire fighters broke into a burning house in Falmouth last night and rescued two people – including one who was found unconscious on the kitchen floor.
Neighbours called two fire crews from Falmouth Fire Station to Prislow Fields just after 3.20am, after they were alerted by the sound of a smoke detector.
The neighbours investigated and saw flames through a kitchen window of the two-storey house, and immediately dialled 999.
The first fire crew arrived within seven minutes and managed to awake one of the occupants, who made their own way out, but a second occupant was rescued by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus after being found on the floor of the kitchen.
One hosereel was then used to extinguish the fire in the kitchen, which has suffered “significant damage” according to a fire service spokesperson.
Both occupants were suffering the effects of smoke inhalation and were treated at the scene by ambulance personnel.
The British Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Service also attended to offer help and support to the occupants.
The fire service spokesperson added: “Although a smoke alarm was sounding it had not awoken the occupants of the house on fire. Fortunately, neighbours responded and took the correct action of dialling 999 for the fire service. Their actions have prevented the loss of life.”
Comments are closed on this article.