YouTube sensation Colin Leggo creates second video: The Cornish Elements

Falmouth Packet: Mullion was one of 96 places visited by Colin Leggo for his YouTube video. Mullion was one of 96 places visited by Colin Leggo for his YouTube video.

Dancing in front of Falmouth Docks, singing outside Helston Medical Centre and performing in St Keverne are all featured in the latest video by YouTube sensation Colin Leggo.

Just under two years ago the 35-year-old from Budock Water became an online hit when the video to his song ‘Cornish Is’ went viral.

Detailing his love of pasties, surfing, seagulls and everything else that makes up his county of birth, the video attracted close to 90,000 views – thanks in no small way to it featuring on Radio 1 DJ’s Scott Mills’ radio show.

Now Colin is back and he hopes his latest video, ‘The Cornish Elements’, will be a similar success.

In this one he challenged himself to visit almost 100 towns and villages in two days, singing to a tune from the Pirates of Penzance.

See video below

It features everywhere from Mullion to Mylor, St Keverne to St Michael’s Mount and Penryn to Praa Sands – plus a special appearance from PC Jules Evans from Falmouth police station.

Colin, a comedy writer, told the Packet: “The idea was to set myself the challenge of getting in as many Cornish place names into a two minute song as possible. The final count was ninety six.

“After 'Cornish Is', a few people were disappointed that their town or village wasn't mentioned in it, so I thought it would be fun to create a film just of place names. And with some of the incredible place names around the county you can't help but make it into a comedy.

“It’s just a way to show off the county and for me it was a challenge.”

He hopes this video will achieve the same level of interest as his last, saying of the reaction: “I was really overwhelmed with it. That kind of inspires you to do more.”

With 6,000 views in just three days, The Cornish Elements is always well on its way.

Comments (7)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:05pm Sun 18 Aug 13

meerkats says...

Brilliant. love it .got Cornwall well covered !!
Brilliant. love it .got Cornwall well covered !! meerkats
  • Score: -18

7:36pm Sun 18 Aug 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

meerkats wrote:
Brilliant. love it .got Cornwall well covered !!
This is exactly what I have against the voting on this website, at present I can see twelve dislikes on your comment, and yet no other comments have been placed. Your comment is your personal opinion and I believe that to 'dislike' it without even bothering to say why is not respecting your opinion. The site I believe states that we should respect others opinions, how is the voting helping debate or respect of others opinions!
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: Brilliant. love it .got Cornwall well covered !![/p][/quote]This is exactly what I have against the voting on this website, at present I can see twelve dislikes on your comment, and yet no other comments have been placed. Your comment is your personal opinion and I believe that to 'dislike' it without even bothering to say why is not respecting your opinion. The site I believe states that we should respect others opinions, how is the voting helping debate or respect of others opinions! Gillian Zella Martin 09
  • Score: -14

9:20pm Sun 18 Aug 13

meerkats says...

Gillian Zella Martin 09 wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Brilliant. love it .got Cornwall well covered !!
This is exactly what I have against the voting on this website, at present I can see twelve dislikes on your comment, and yet no other comments have been placed. Your comment is your personal opinion and I believe that to 'dislike' it without even bothering to say why is not respecting your opinion. The site I believe states that we should respect others opinions, how is the voting helping debate or respect of others opinions!
Only just noticed the dislikes , oh well i am seriously considering whether i will keep commenting. It is not the dislikes ,but the fact as you say Gill is that people do it and dont leave a comment themselves as to why they dislike it. This whole thing is turning into a complete farce and its a shame the Packet have no control over it.
[quote][p][bold]Gillian Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: Brilliant. love it .got Cornwall well covered !![/p][/quote]This is exactly what I have against the voting on this website, at present I can see twelve dislikes on your comment, and yet no other comments have been placed. Your comment is your personal opinion and I believe that to 'dislike' it without even bothering to say why is not respecting your opinion. The site I believe states that we should respect others opinions, how is the voting helping debate or respect of others opinions![/p][/quote]Only just noticed the dislikes , oh well i am seriously considering whether i will keep commenting. It is not the dislikes ,but the fact as you say Gill is that people do it and dont leave a comment themselves as to why they dislike it. This whole thing is turning into a complete farce and its a shame the Packet have no control over it. meerkats
  • Score: -11

7:33am Mon 19 Aug 13

Gillian Zella Martin 09 says...

meerkats wrote:
Gillian Zella Martin 09 wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Brilliant. love it .got Cornwall well covered !!
This is exactly what I have against the voting on this website, at present I can see twelve dislikes on your comment, and yet no other comments have been placed. Your comment is your personal opinion and I believe that to 'dislike' it without even bothering to say why is not respecting your opinion. The site I believe states that we should respect others opinions, how is the voting helping debate or respect of others opinions!
Only just noticed the dislikes , oh well i am seriously considering whether i will keep commenting. It is not the dislikes ,but the fact as you say Gill is that people do it and dont leave a comment themselves as to why they dislike it. This whole thing is turning into a complete farce and its a shame the Packet have no control over it.
I'll miss reading your comments if you do stop, I notice LBFS hasn't commented for a while. I will probably not bother anymore unless its something I feel particularly strongly about. As I've said in the past, I'm only interested in debate or civil exchange of opinions. 'Liking' a persons comment is self explanatory but for some people to just sit back and judge 'dislike' when in my view they appear clearly incapable of posting anything better themselves, is as you say a farce. The fact that you wrote a positive comment about a news article and it attracted 'dislikes', indicates to me that some people don't like the news article itself, if that is the case then I think it is the Packet that has a problem if people don't like their news articles.
An elderly gentleman told me yesterday in Chapel that he and others he knows only buy the Packet to see if I've written any letters to it, and if I haven't he throws it away without even reading it because the rest is full of rubbish. (He also buys the West Briton) I told him I categorically don't agree with him, it was however a thought provoking comment on his part.
Someone else in Helston told me they thought the Packet was Falmouth biased and the West Briton Truro biased.
Like and dislike might work for FB and utube etc but I don't think it works on a newspaper website, particularly one that seems to attract witch hunts.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gillian Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: Brilliant. love it .got Cornwall well covered !![/p][/quote]This is exactly what I have against the voting on this website, at present I can see twelve dislikes on your comment, and yet no other comments have been placed. Your comment is your personal opinion and I believe that to 'dislike' it without even bothering to say why is not respecting your opinion. The site I believe states that we should respect others opinions, how is the voting helping debate or respect of others opinions![/p][/quote]Only just noticed the dislikes , oh well i am seriously considering whether i will keep commenting. It is not the dislikes ,but the fact as you say Gill is that people do it and dont leave a comment themselves as to why they dislike it. This whole thing is turning into a complete farce and its a shame the Packet have no control over it.[/p][/quote]I'll miss reading your comments if you do stop, I notice LBFS hasn't commented for a while. I will probably not bother anymore unless its something I feel particularly strongly about. As I've said in the past, I'm only interested in debate or civil exchange of opinions. 'Liking' a persons comment is self explanatory but for some people to just sit back and judge 'dislike' when in my view they appear clearly incapable of posting anything better themselves, is as you say a farce. The fact that you wrote a positive comment about a news article and it attracted 'dislikes', indicates to me that some people don't like the news article itself, if that is the case then I think it is the Packet that has a problem if people don't like their news articles. An elderly gentleman told me yesterday in Chapel that he and others he knows only buy the Packet to see if I've written any letters to it, and if I haven't he throws it away without even reading it because the rest is full of rubbish. (He also buys the West Briton) I told him I categorically don't agree with him, it was however a thought provoking comment on his part. Someone else in Helston told me they thought the Packet was Falmouth biased and the West Briton Truro biased. Like and dislike might work for FB and utube etc but I don't think it works on a newspaper website, particularly one that seems to attract witch hunts. Gillian Zella Martin 09
  • Score: -7

9:46am Tue 27 Aug 13

titanium says...

I hope we all keep commenting. It brightens up the week for many people. Just ignore the "awkward squad" and carry on regardless !.

Incidentally, I think the video is great. I posted it on Facebook.
I hope we all keep commenting. It brightens up the week for many people. Just ignore the "awkward squad" and carry on regardless !. Incidentally, I think the video is great. I posted it on Facebook. titanium
  • Score: 1

1:29pm Tue 27 Aug 13

meerkats says...

titanium wrote:
I hope we all keep commenting. It brightens up the week for many people. Just ignore the "awkward squad" and carry on regardless !.

Incidentally, I think the video is great. I posted it on Facebook.
Well done i liked it too ,thought it was very good and must have took some doing. I had 19 dislikes om my first comment, if the dislikers are genuine and they have time to read the comments left then they should leave comments themselves. I like your term "awkward squad " now wait and see how many dislikes i get this time as i think its my user name they see and pick on.
[quote][p][bold]titanium[/bold] wrote: I hope we all keep commenting. It brightens up the week for many people. Just ignore the "awkward squad" and carry on regardless !. Incidentally, I think the video is great. I posted it on Facebook.[/p][/quote]Well done i liked it too ,thought it was very good and must have took some doing. I had 19 dislikes om my first comment, if the dislikers are genuine and they have time to read the comments left then they should leave comments themselves. I like your term "awkward squad " now wait and see how many dislikes i get this time as i think its my user name they see and pick on. meerkats
  • Score: 0

2:24pm Tue 27 Aug 13

titanium says...

meerkats wrote:
titanium wrote:
I hope we all keep commenting. It brightens up the week for many people. Just ignore the "awkward squad" and carry on regardless !.

Incidentally, I think the video is great. I posted it on Facebook.
Well done i liked it too ,thought it was very good and must have took some doing. I had 19 dislikes om my first comment, if the dislikers are genuine and they have time to read the comments left then they should leave comments themselves. I like your term "awkward squad " now wait and see how many dislikes i get this time as i think its my user name they see and pick on.
Stay on board meerkats and GZM. It really won't be the same if you "retire", you are both far too young to retire anyway.

Just think of the enjoyment your comments mean to the majority. Ignore the plonkers !. (as Del Boy would say !).
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]titanium[/bold] wrote: I hope we all keep commenting. It brightens up the week for many people. Just ignore the "awkward squad" and carry on regardless !. Incidentally, I think the video is great. I posted it on Facebook.[/p][/quote]Well done i liked it too ,thought it was very good and must have took some doing. I had 19 dislikes om my first comment, if the dislikers are genuine and they have time to read the comments left then they should leave comments themselves. I like your term "awkward squad " now wait and see how many dislikes i get this time as i think its my user name they see and pick on.[/p][/quote]Stay on board meerkats and GZM. It really won't be the same if you "retire", you are both far too young to retire anyway. Just think of the enjoyment your comments mean to the majority. Ignore the plonkers !. (as Del Boy would say !). titanium
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree