UPDATE: The 57-year-old man who died in Biscovey, Par has now been formally identified and can be named as Colin Palmer.

Police say that enquiries are continuing into the circumstances of his death. One man remains on police bail in relation to the incident.

Colin’s daughters have paid the following tribute to him: "Melanie and Maria are deeply saddened by the death of their loving father and request time alone to deal."

Colin’s mother Joan and sister Sharron said: “We have been overwhelmed by the positive response from the general public.  We are astonished by how many people knew Colin. It has given us great support. However he is sadly missed.”

Detective Inspector Stuart Ellis, major crime investigation team, said: “We are aware that a number of rumours have been circulating locally about Mr Palmer’s death and we can confirm no weapon was used in the incident.

“We are investigating his death and are keen to speak to anyone who was in the area of Robins Close, St Mary’s Road in Biscovey between midnight and 2am on Saturday 17 August.”

Anyone with information which may assist police with the investigation is asked to call 101 quoting GW/13/666.

UPDATE: An 18 year old man has been bailed until November 27 while police carry out further enquiries.  The other three males aged 21, 19 and 16 have been released without any further action being taken.

UPDATE: The victim of this incident has officially been identified as Colin Palmer, a 57 year old man from the St Austell area.  Next of kin have been informed and are being supported by Police family liaison officers.  

The four persons arrested in connection with this enquiry have been released on police bail until the end of November pending further investigation.

Four people arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a man in Par during the early hours of Saturday

Police were called to St Mary’s Road in Biscovey just after 2am following a report of a man who had collapsed.

Ambulance staff were already at the scene, treating a man who was unconscious.

The 57-year-old, who was from the area, was taken by ambulance to Truro’s Royal Cornwall Hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.

Following police enquires, at 4.05am three local men aged 21, 19 and 18 years and a local youth aged 16 years were arrested at a property in the area on suspicion of murder.

They were taken into custody at Launceston and Newquay custody centres.

The area around St Mary’s Road and Robbins Close were cordoned off while scene of crime investigators carried out a forensic examination of the scene.

Police are appealing for witnesses who were in the vicinity of St Mary’s Road and Robbins Close between midnight and 2am, or anyone who has any information regarding this incident, to contact them on 101 quoting police reference 0139/17/08/13.