Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting PKNEWS to 80360
Falmouth firefighters race to 'spontaneous' Stitians barn fire
3:24pm Wednesday 16th October 2013 in News
Firefighters were called to Stithians this morning after a 'spontaneous' hay bale fire set a barn alight
Two fire appliances from Falmouth Community Fire Station were mobilised to this incident just before 8am and on arrival crews found a small barn on fire.
A spokesman said that the flames were is believed to have spread from round bales of hay stored in the barn.
Adding: "The crews used two sets of breathing apparatus and two hosereels to extinguish the fire. The possible cause for ignition was that the hay bales were wet when stored and spontaeously combusted."
Comments are closed on this article.