A&P Falmouth appointed 55-year-old Steve Jones as its operations director. Mr Jones, who came to the port from Cammell Laird, on Merseyside, said he wanted to win more ship repair work for the Falmouth yard to ensure its workforce had employment stability.

The Falmouth Harbour Commissioners Annual Award was won by the chairman of Falmouth Mission to Seafarers Penny Phillips.

Fleet tender SD Cawsand completed her refit at A&P Falmouth and left the port for Devonport.

The Dutch-owned research vessel Fugro Commander was alongside the docks for a short spell, undergoing maintenance and some minor repairs.

 SC 26, a former Royal Navy steam cutter that saw action at the Battle of Jutland aboard the cruiser HMS Falmouth, floated in the waters of Falmouth for the first time in more than 100 years.


The British offshore support vessel Seven Osprey completed a refit at Falmouth Docks.

Summer Flower came down from her lay-up berth in the River Fal and anchored in Carrick Roads to load stores, fuel and embark crew. She arrived in July 2012.

The 33-metre Belgian salvage tug Union Diamond anchored in Falmouth Bay on salvage station. She arrived in Falmouth after having towed the cargo vessel Cuidad de Cadiz off a sandbank.

HMS Cattistock, one of 11 Hunt class minehunters built of glass re-inforced plastic, visited the port.

The new German cargo vessel BBC Sapphire arrived from Brazil for bunkers.

A prolonged spell of strong easterly winds presented problems for the port’s bunkering firms as heavy seas disrupted operations.

FALMOUTH MP Sarah Newton took part in the National Apprenticeship Service’s Jobswap scheme when she spent time at Pendennis Shipyard working alongside joinery apprentices.
Falmouth lifeboat crew members joined other waterfront characters at the funeral of former boarding boat attendant Clifford Atherton who died aged 93.
HMS Bulwark, flagship of the Royal Navy and the nation, was exercising off the coast of south Cornwall.
A&P Falmouth port operations director Mike Reynolds returned home after visiting the annual  Seatrade Cruise Conference in  Miami Beach where he met with leading cruise industry executives.
 Falmouth Tall Ships Association welcomed the Dutch brig Mercedes back to Falmouth over the Easter. The vessel offered members of the public a chance to try taster trips around the bay.

A PARTNERSHIP between the National Maritime Museum Cornwall, in Falmouth, and Le Port-Musee in Douarnenez, France, saw cutting-edge technology being used to preserve Cornish and Breton maritime heritage.
Offshore oil vessel Highland Valour, operated by Gulf Offshore NS Ltd, Aberdeen, was in dry-dock for a major refit.
Bad weather coupled with high swell conditions around Land’s End and in the Bay of Biscay forced the jack-up rig Sea Jack and the sheerlegs vessel Norma 1 to seek shelter in the Carrick Roads.
Cheers and applause rang out when Fairhaven Shipping Company’s plans to build a hotel on Falmouth Wharves, the port’s last deep water wharf were thrown out by councillors.
The Italian tanker Cielo di Roma was one of six vessels that dropped overcarried pilots in  Falmouth during a windy week.

A&P Falmouth was in the middle of a boom period with all the company’s berths and dry-docks fully occupied.
Falmouth welcomed the five-star rated ultra-luxurious cruise ship Silver Whisper as she made Falmouth the first port of call on her 12-day Southampton to Copenhagen cruise.
Odyssey Marine’s research vessel Odyssey Explorer docked in Falmouth after operating near the Isles of Scilly as the company contined searching and examining wrecks in its hunt for sunken silver bullion.
HMS Blazer was one of four Archer class training vessels which called at Falmouth on their way to the Battle of the Atlantic anniversary celebrations in Liverpool.
n After nearly two years idle in the River Fal, the British car ferry Norman Trader moved out of lay-up to the Carrick Roads.

master of the cruise ship Island Sky, Captain Henrik Karlson, said he was glad to be in Falmouth and was looking forward to visiting the National Maritime Museum.
The American-owned cruise ship Seven Seas Voyager arrived from Southampton and anchored in Falmouth Bay. Her passengers were taken ashore by the ship’s tenders.
The British offshore support vessel SD Victoria completed a refit in the dry docks at A&P Falmouth and sailed from the Northern Arm for Portland.
RFA Argus left Falmouth. The vessel sailed for sea trials following a lengthy refit at the docks.
The Gibraltarian-flagged medical ship Jubilee Hope left Pendennis Marina for the Clyde. Jubilee Hope was originally a fleet tender, sister ship to SD Menai and SD Meon.

THE world’s largest tanker, the ULCC (Ultra Large Crude Carrier) TI Europe, fresh from a dry-docking in Brest, France, dwarfed all around her when she anchored in Falmouth Bay awaiting orders after refuelling.
Members of Falmouth’s close-knit waterfront fraternity paid tribute to Derek “Smithy” Smith who died aged 71.  Derek once ran the Moonfleet self-drive boats on Custom House Quay, was a partner in the Falmouth Quay punts, a lifeboat crew member for many years and managed the town’s Boat Park facility.
The German cruise ship Deutschland was a cruise call visitor to Falmouth.
The Dutch tanker Coralwater acted as substitute for Falmouth’s bunkering tanker Cap Mejean which was in Cherbourg for a crew change before going to Dover to cover for Coralwater.

cunard’s flagship Queen Mary 2 was spotted south of Falmouth as she steamed past at about 16 knots. The liner, which was bound for Zebrugge, in Belgium, passed close to Start Point before heading up into Torbay.
The RFA Argus played a colourful role in the launch of the 2013 Henri-Lloyd Falmouth Week being officially dressed overall for the ten days of the festival.
The Hunt class mine counter measures ship HMS Hurworth was in port during Henri-Lloyd Falmouth Week and members of her crew manned rescue boats during the regattas.
Futuristic catamaran Turanor PlanetSoloar, the world’s largest solar powered vessel, made a brief stop in Falmouth.
Pilot boat coxswain Allen Stevens retired from Falmouth Pilotage Service after 20 years working on the port’s pilot boats.

The cruise ship Saga Sapphire was three hours late sailing after she encountered problems heaving her stern anchor in the Cross Channel at the end of her call.
After 35 years piloting ships in and out of Falmouth, I retired from the job on September 14, on what was a very emotional day. My last vessel was the -luxurious cruise ship Seabourn Pride. Serving the port was an immense honour and a great privilege for me.
Greatship Manisha, owned by Great Eastern Shipping Co Ltd, India, was alongide the docks to load equipment for her next job in the Baltic. She arrived at Falmouth from Suva, Fiji, via the Panama Canal.
The luxury super yacht Siran, reportedly owned by Armenian tycoon Bob Manoukian, attracted considerable attention when she moored alongside the south of Queen’s Wharf.

the popular Flying Angel Centre, inside Falmouth Docks, re-opened to visiting seafarers. The Mission to Seafarers’ facility had been closed since March 2013 for the building of a new, bespoke centre, a portable studio ark eco-building designed and built by Cornish company Pioneer Environmental Buildings.
Confirmation was received that Falmouth Coastguard Station would remain open 24 hours a day. The news was revealed in an announcement of a timetable for completing the modernisation of the service.
The Fisheries Protection patrol vessel HMS Mersey dry-docked for an intensive. six-week refit.
The large Italian cargo ship Grande Togo completed her refit at Falmouth Docks and sailed from dry-dock to Hamburg, Germany.
Russian sailors from the corvette Soobrazitelny spent time in Falmouth when their ship berthed on County Wharf for a day’s visit.

CSL Argosy moved from Queen’s Wharf into No. 2 dry dock at Falmouth Docks with the aid of four tugs. The bulk carrier was built in 1981 as Ogden Nile, a tanker
Arriving in port for the duration was the British tanker Lizrix, contracted to supply bunkering in the port from World Fuel Services.
The German built super yacht Odessa 2 moored at the Port Pendennis Marina, having earlier anchored off Trefusis.
The Mission to Seafarers in Falmouth swung into action to assist Filipino seamen from ships under repair at the docks contact loved ones in the Philippines after the country was hit by Typhoon Haiyan.
The fast ferry Condor Vitesse docked at Falmouth in  readiness to undergo repair work at the docks.
The Danish wind farm/offshore workboat Sea Breeze stopped off in Falmouth en-route from Liverpool to Denmark.

RFA Argus, the Royal Navy’s Primary Casualty Receiving Ship, returned to Falmouth with a clean bill of health from the service’s top brass after she completed Exercise Sabre Dawn which tested her capability of delivering medical care at sea.
The Danish vessel Amanda, with a crew from the South Pacific country of Tuvalu, was in dry-dock for repairs.
Well-known local rugby player Dave Pascoe, from Mawnan Smith, was named Royal Navy Sports Personality of the Year.
Falmouth Harbour Commissioners announced they would be introducing a new system that, from February 2014, would enable harbour users to apply for moorings online.
A collision in the Dover Straits saw the Hong Kong registered Panamax bulk carrier Darya Gayatari diverted to Falmouth for repairs to her hull.