Cornwall Fire and Rescue are asking people to clean their chimneys after crews were called out to seven fires in a day.
Crews were called to Sparnon Hill, Redruth, Tregony, Bishops Road, St Ives, St Levan Road, Marazion, St Ive at Liskeard, Week St Mary near Holsworthy and Lanlivery near Bodmin on Thursday.
The fire service has some simple tips to reduce the risk of a chimney fire.
Simple tips to greatly reduce your chances of having a fire in your chimney:
- Sweep the chimney before use
- Ensure a fireguard is in front of the fire at all times
- Sparkguards can prevent a serious property fire
- Extinguish the fire before going to bed or leaving the house
- Never use petrol or paraffin to light your fire
- Make sure you have a working smoke alarm and check it works regularly.