Plastic tray on cooker in Penryn sees call out for firefighters

Plastic tray on cooker in Penryn sees call out for firefighters

Plastic tray on cooker in Penryn sees call out for firefighters

First published in News
Last updated

Two fire engines were called to Lower Market Street in Penryn on Monday to reports of smoke coming from a flat.

Crews arrived to find the fire, started when a cooker with a plastic tray on top was switched on, was already extinguished, and the flat was then ventilated.

A spokesperson for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: “We advise people to always turn their cooker off at the wall, in case it gets accidentally switched on.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree