Helston taxpayers face council tax rise

Falmouth Packet: Helston taxpayers face council tax rise Helston taxpayers face council tax rise

Taxpayers of Helston are facing a two-figure rise in their council tax bill this year, as the town is forced to take on extra responsibility from Cornwall Council.

CCTV, public toilets and children's play equipment will all have to be covered by the town council now, as the unitary authority offloads more and more to help balance its own struggling budgets.

It means that Helston Town Council is now in charge of three public toilets - including the insurance, electric and water, cleaning and maintenance of them, plus rates it must pay Cornwall Council - as well as three extra play areas to add to the two it already owns.

The budget for these includes the grounds, maintenance, insurance, inspections and repairs, together with a further £10,000 to create a long-term fund for replacing equipment.

The budget for the forthcoming 2014/2015 financial year reflects these additions, with members setting the council precept (the portion of the council tax bill the town gets) on Monday as £269,650.

This will mean a rise of £21.25 per year for a band D house, which works out as 41p per week.

The council is facing further financial challenges this year as the council tax support grant from Cornwall Council - given to help ease the effect of budget rises on the taxpayer - has been reduced by £3,320, while interest on investments has reduced income by £10,000 as the banks no longer offer safe investments in the form of bonds.

However, there was some good news, as due to the council agreeing to hire a van using its existing devolved services budget, the proposed £15,000 to buy a van, £1,000 mileage figure and £500 existing van hire budgets were all removed from the draft.

Describing it as a “robust budget,” mayor Jonathan Radford-Gaby said: “I believe it's reflective of the additional responsibilities of this council.”

Comments (65)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:48pm Thu 30 Jan 14

ronedgcumbe says...

It will be interesting to see if this will go ahead as I think Mr pickles has over ideas.
It will be interesting to see if this will go ahead as I think Mr pickles has over ideas. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 7

7:21am Fri 31 Jan 14

Helston fly on the wall says...

Don't worry Helston Council you will be able to put up the precept because it will be a lower percentage than what Mr Pickles will cap it at.
Some people are not very good at thinking positive. I am.
Don't worry Helston Council you will be able to put up the precept because it will be a lower percentage than what Mr Pickles will cap it at. Some people are not very good at thinking positive. I am. Helston fly on the wall
  • Score: 4

7:34am Fri 31 Jan 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Seems little point in the cap on the county council if its not imposed at parish and town levels. It's a loophole that needs closing.
The increase in Helston appears to be around 9%.
Seems little point in the cap on the county council if its not imposed at parish and town levels. It's a loophole that needs closing. The increase in Helston appears to be around 9%. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -1

7:38am Fri 31 Jan 14

Helston Observer says...

The way I see it, you can't have it all ways. I don't blame the council, if we want the services someone, somewhere has to pay for them. Cornwall Council want to offload the loos, playgrounds and cctv, and if the town council didnt take them on then they would have to close, and look at the public outcry when they tried shutting the one in Trengrouse Way last year. Mr Pickles wants to try living in the real world if he thinks this is unjust.
The way I see it, you can't have it all ways. I don't blame the council, if we want the services someone, somewhere has to pay for them. Cornwall Council want to offload the loos, playgrounds and cctv, and if the town council didnt take them on then they would have to close, and look at the public outcry when they tried shutting the one in Trengrouse Way last year. Mr Pickles wants to try living in the real world if he thinks this is unjust. Helston Observer
  • Score: 0

7:45am Fri 31 Jan 14

Helston Observer says...

So Ron, if county are offloading the public toilets, CCTV and playgrounds, because they don't want to pay for them, as a resident of Helston, are you happy to see them close, because you appear to not be in favour of the council tax rise. Sorry, perhaps I have missed something in what you have said, but you seem to be berating the council as per usual, in this case for increasing the portion of the council tax bill that pays for HTC and local services, without any alternative suggestion as to how you would rather see the services paid for.

Seems to me HTC have been very clear about what the rises are to pay for, not as if it's random increases. I don't mind paying 40p odd a week for all that. If you want to fire any bullets then it seems to me Cornwall Council should be the first target. I heard St Ives are in the same position, but they have increased theirs by over 50% and shut down their cctv system.
So Ron, if county are offloading the public toilets, CCTV and playgrounds, because they don't want to pay for them, as a resident of Helston, are you happy to see them close, because you appear to not be in favour of the council tax rise. Sorry, perhaps I have missed something in what you have said, but you seem to be berating the council as per usual, in this case for increasing the portion of the council tax bill that pays for HTC and local services, without any alternative suggestion as to how you would rather see the services paid for. Seems to me HTC have been very clear about what the rises are to pay for, not as if it's random increases. I don't mind paying 40p odd a week for all that. If you want to fire any bullets then it seems to me Cornwall Council should be the first target. I heard St Ives are in the same position, but they have increased theirs by over 50% and shut down their cctv system. Helston Observer
  • Score: 6

8:06am Fri 31 Jan 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Seems little point in the cap on the county council if its not imposed at parish and town levels. It's a loophole that needs closing.
The increase in Helston appears to be around 9%.
Falmouth want to increase theirs by 20% you have to be realistic, if you want services maintained there is no option. Do you have an alternative? If these services had not been transferred to the town council then Cornwall Council could have increased the council tax to a higher rate by way of referendum which could have eventually cost even more. It is far better to have services run at local level.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Seems little point in the cap on the county council if its not imposed at parish and town levels. It's a loophole that needs closing. The increase in Helston appears to be around 9%.[/p][/quote]Falmouth want to increase theirs by 20% you have to be realistic, if you want services maintained there is no option. Do you have an alternative? If these services had not been transferred to the town council then Cornwall Council could have increased the council tax to a higher rate by way of referendum which could have eventually cost even more. It is far better to have services run at local level. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 1

7:40pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

"Tax payers of Helston are facing a 'two-figure' rise in their council tax bill this year"

Ron says it will be about 9% (I make that a single-figure rise)

I am confused, my maths is rubbish, can someone please explain what the rise percentage actually is?
"Tax payers of Helston are facing a 'two-figure' rise in their council tax bill this year" Ron says it will be about 9% (I make that a single-figure rise) I am confused, my maths is rubbish, can someone please explain what the rise percentage actually is? Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 3

8:04pm Fri 31 Jan 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Yes Gill sorry I think I am wrong. For some reason I thout we paid Htc around £200 a year so it clearly more than 9%.
Yes Gill sorry I think I am wrong. For some reason I thout we paid Htc around £200 a year so it clearly more than 9%. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -1

8:15pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Yes Gill sorry I think I am wrong. For some reason I thout we paid Htc around £200 a year so it clearly more than 9%.
Thanks Ron, I was just wondering as to the actual percentage in comparison to a village, as Helston obviously provides many more facilities than a village.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Yes Gill sorry I think I am wrong. For some reason I thout we paid Htc around £200 a year so it clearly more than 9%.[/p][/quote]Thanks Ron, I was just wondering as to the actual percentage in comparison to a village, as Helston obviously provides many more facilities than a village. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 0

8:16pm Fri 31 Jan 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Helston Observer wrote:
So Ron, if county are offloading the public toilets, CCTV and playgrounds, because they don't want to pay for them, as a resident of Helston, are you happy to see them close, because you appear to not be in favour of the council tax rise. Sorry, perhaps I have missed something in what you have said, but you seem to be berating the council as per usual, in this case for increasing the portion of the council tax bill that pays for HTC and local services, without any alternative suggestion as to how you would rather see the services paid for.

Seems to me HTC have been very clear about what the rises are to pay for, not as if it's random increases. I don't mind paying 40p odd a week for all that. If you want to fire any bullets then it seems to me Cornwall Council should be the first target. I heard St Ives are in the same position, but they have increased theirs by over 50% and shut down their cctv system.
Of course I do not want to see public toilets close the point I am making is to cap county councils and not cap parish and town councils make little sense.
The county council is forced to close vital services like for instance restbite care for disabled children while non vital but important services like public toilets can continue by being tranfered to town councils who are at present apparently able to charge what they like.
[quote][p][bold]Helston Observer[/bold] wrote: So Ron, if county are offloading the public toilets, CCTV and playgrounds, because they don't want to pay for them, as a resident of Helston, are you happy to see them close, because you appear to not be in favour of the council tax rise. Sorry, perhaps I have missed something in what you have said, but you seem to be berating the council as per usual, in this case for increasing the portion of the council tax bill that pays for HTC and local services, without any alternative suggestion as to how you would rather see the services paid for. Seems to me HTC have been very clear about what the rises are to pay for, not as if it's random increases. I don't mind paying 40p odd a week for all that. If you want to fire any bullets then it seems to me Cornwall Council should be the first target. I heard St Ives are in the same position, but they have increased theirs by over 50% and shut down their cctv system.[/p][/quote]Of course I do not want to see public toilets close the point I am making is to cap county councils and not cap parish and town councils make little sense. The county council is forced to close vital services like for instance restbite care for disabled children while non vital but important services like public toilets can continue by being tranfered to town councils who are at present apparently able to charge what they like. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 0

7:22am Sat 1 Feb 14

Helston fly on the wall says...

The services come out of different pots of money so it wouldn't make any difference, it's just an advantage that the town councils have the opportunity to save some services from being closed like toilets and parks.
Newquay are doubling their precept.
The services come out of different pots of money so it wouldn't make any difference, it's just an advantage that the town councils have the opportunity to save some services from being closed like toilets and parks. Newquay are doubling their precept. Helston fly on the wall
  • Score: 1

10:38am Sat 1 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Gillian R.Z. Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Yes Gill sorry I think I am wrong. For some reason I thout we paid Htc around £200 a year so it clearly more than 9%.
Thanks Ron, I was just wondering as to the actual percentage in comparison to a village, as Helston obviously provides many more facilities than a village.
Just been informed thats its a massive 27% rise but that seems to be ok as Newquay are in an even worse state.
[quote][p][bold]Gillian R.Z. Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Yes Gill sorry I think I am wrong. For some reason I thout we paid Htc around £200 a year so it clearly more than 9%.[/p][/quote]Thanks Ron, I was just wondering as to the actual percentage in comparison to a village, as Helston obviously provides many more facilities than a village.[/p][/quote]Just been informed thats its a massive 27% rise but that seems to be ok as Newquay are in an even worse state. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -1

10:45am Sat 1 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Helston fly on the wall wrote:
The services come out of different pots of money so it wouldn't make any difference, it's just an advantage that the town councils have the opportunity to save some services from being closed like toilets and parks.
Newquay are doubling their precept.
Yes different pots funded by the same people.
I would like to see a cap on both pots and a referendum held and hopefully proper funding for both councils to restore the services vital for cornwall.
Those that are able to pay more need to.
[quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: The services come out of different pots of money so it wouldn't make any difference, it's just an advantage that the town councils have the opportunity to save some services from being closed like toilets and parks. Newquay are doubling their precept.[/p][/quote]Yes different pots funded by the same people. I would like to see a cap on both pots and a referendum held and hopefully proper funding for both councils to restore the services vital for cornwall. Those that are able to pay more need to. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 1

11:26am Sat 1 Feb 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gillian R.Z. Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Yes Gill sorry I think I am wrong. For some reason I thout we paid Htc around £200 a year so it clearly more than 9%.
Thanks Ron, I was just wondering as to the actual percentage in comparison to a village, as Helston obviously provides many more facilities than a village.
Just been informed thats its a massive 27% rise but that seems to be ok as Newquay are in an even worse state.
The article says it equates to £21.25 a year for a band D property. That in my view is a small price to pay in order to protect services.
If a referendum was held, whether or not it was successful it would cost thousands and the eventuality would likely be it would increase payments even more.
What services would you cut within the town in order to lower the figure?
I believe I am right in saying that a small amount is additionally added to the precept of Helston for which to cover the costs of Flora Day.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gillian R.Z. Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Yes Gill sorry I think I am wrong. For some reason I thout we paid Htc around £200 a year so it clearly more than 9%.[/p][/quote]Thanks Ron, I was just wondering as to the actual percentage in comparison to a village, as Helston obviously provides many more facilities than a village.[/p][/quote]Just been informed thats its a massive 27% rise but that seems to be ok as Newquay are in an even worse state.[/p][/quote]The article says it equates to £21.25 a year for a band D property. That in my view is a small price to pay in order to protect services. If a referendum was held, whether or not it was successful it would cost thousands and the eventuality would likely be it would increase payments even more. What services would you cut within the town in order to lower the figure? I believe I am right in saying that a small amount is additionally added to the precept of Helston for which to cover the costs of Flora Day. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 0

11:33am Sat 1 Feb 14

miss perfect says...

isn't there the same number of public toilets in mullion as are open in helston
and some of the facilitis in the villagers are better than the ones in town
isn't there the same number of public toilets in mullion as are open in helston and some of the facilitis in the villagers are better than the ones in town miss perfect
  • Score: 0

12:08pm Sat 1 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Gillian R.Z. Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gillian R.Z. Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Yes Gill sorry I think I am wrong. For some reason I thout we paid Htc around £200 a year so it clearly more than 9%.
Thanks Ron, I was just wondering as to the actual percentage in comparison to a village, as Helston obviously provides many more facilities than a village.
Just been informed thats its a massive 27% rise but that seems to be ok as Newquay are in an even worse state.
The article says it equates to £21.25 a year for a band D property. That in my view is a small price to pay in order to protect services.
If a referendum was held, whether or not it was successful it would cost thousands and the eventuality would likely be it would increase payments even more.
What services would you cut within the town in order to lower the figure?
I believe I am right in saying that a small amount is additionally added to the precept of Helston for which to cover the costs of Flora Day.
Its a bit simplistic to simply state we need this money as we have extra responsibilities. A complete review of council spending needs to be done before the cap on town council spending is introduced.
[quote][p][bold]Gillian R.Z. Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gillian R.Z. Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Yes Gill sorry I think I am wrong. For some reason I thout we paid Htc around £200 a year so it clearly more than 9%.[/p][/quote]Thanks Ron, I was just wondering as to the actual percentage in comparison to a village, as Helston obviously provides many more facilities than a village.[/p][/quote]Just been informed thats its a massive 27% rise but that seems to be ok as Newquay are in an even worse state.[/p][/quote]The article says it equates to £21.25 a year for a band D property. That in my view is a small price to pay in order to protect services. If a referendum was held, whether or not it was successful it would cost thousands and the eventuality would likely be it would increase payments even more. What services would you cut within the town in order to lower the figure? I believe I am right in saying that a small amount is additionally added to the precept of Helston for which to cover the costs of Flora Day.[/p][/quote]Its a bit simplistic to simply state we need this money as we have extra responsibilities. A complete review of council spending needs to be done before the cap on town council spending is introduced. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 4

8:07am Sun 2 Feb 14

Helston Observer says...

Gill has hit it bang on, the idea of the referendum would simply mean yet more cost, all they are trying to do is to protect and keep open valuable public services. I think they need to look closer at Councillor's expenses, giving COuncillors their own PA's, paying for taxis to take kids to school, cost of trade union activity (should be zero) within the Council. This is at Cornwall Council level, not town.
Ron, there is no such thing as County Council any more, hasn't been since the unitary authority came in. I think you will find that in order to set the budget, every year the town council conduct a full review of their spending and budgets, I know talking to one of them that some budgets were cut this year. Forget about the percentage, it's meaningless because there are no figures behind it, that's just crap journalism trying to sensationalize a perfectly reasonable reaction to budgetary cuts. How would you pay for the Helston services Cornwall Council want to not pay for then, if not by increasing the town council budget? Genuine question, not having a dig...
Gill has hit it bang on, the idea of the referendum would simply mean yet more cost, all they are trying to do is to protect and keep open valuable public services. I think they need to look closer at Councillor's expenses, giving COuncillors their own PA's, paying for taxis to take kids to school, cost of trade union activity (should be zero) within the Council. This is at Cornwall Council level, not town. Ron, there is no such thing as County Council any more, hasn't been since the unitary authority came in. I think you will find that in order to set the budget, every year the town council conduct a full review of their spending and budgets, I know talking to one of them that some budgets were cut this year. Forget about the percentage, it's meaningless because there are no figures behind it, that's just crap journalism trying to sensationalize a perfectly reasonable reaction to budgetary cuts. How would you pay for the Helston services Cornwall Council want to not pay for then, if not by increasing the town council budget? Genuine question, not having a dig... Helston Observer
  • Score: 8

8:18am Sun 2 Feb 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

miss perfect wrote:
isn't there the same number of public toilets in mullion as are open in helston
and some of the facilitis in the villagers are better than the ones in town
No there are not the same amount of toilets in Mullion, there are only two, one of which is seasonal and currently closed. There are nowhere near the same facilities in a village as in the town. Mullion Parish Council only has one play park to maintain, and has nowhere near the geographical area to cover as Helston, the facilities it provides are good but in no better order than the facilities of Helston.
[quote][p][bold]miss perfect[/bold] wrote: isn't there the same number of public toilets in mullion as are open in helston and some of the facilitis in the villagers are better than the ones in town[/p][/quote]No there are not the same amount of toilets in Mullion, there are only two, one of which is seasonal and currently closed. There are nowhere near the same facilities in a village as in the town. Mullion Parish Council only has one play park to maintain, and has nowhere near the geographical area to cover as Helston, the facilities it provides are good but in no better order than the facilities of Helston. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 3

8:45am Sun 2 Feb 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

Ron you seem to state what Helston Town Council should not be doing, however, you do not appear to suggest what they can do in order to protect services. Some of the services they currently provide may not personally affect you, but there are a lot of people that they do affect, and Helston Town Council are representing the town as a whole, not just their individual choices.
Ron you seem to state what Helston Town Council should not be doing, however, you do not appear to suggest what they can do in order to protect services. Some of the services they currently provide may not personally affect you, but there are a lot of people that they do affect, and Helston Town Council are representing the town as a whole, not just their individual choices. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 5

9:59am Sun 2 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Helston Observer wrote:
Gill has hit it bang on, the idea of the referendum would simply mean yet more cost, all they are trying to do is to protect and keep open valuable public services. I think they need to look closer at Councillor's expenses, giving COuncillors their own PA's, paying for taxis to take kids to school, cost of trade union activity (should be zero) within the Council. This is at Cornwall Council level, not town.
Ron, there is no such thing as County Council any more, hasn't been since the unitary authority came in. I think you will find that in order to set the budget, every year the town council conduct a full review of their spending and budgets, I know talking to one of them that some budgets were cut this year. Forget about the percentage, it's meaningless because there are no figures behind it, that's just crap journalism trying to sensationalize a perfectly reasonable reaction to budgetary cuts. How would you pay for the Helston services Cornwall Council want to not pay for then, if not by increasing the town council budget? Genuine question, not having a dig...
I am commenting on this article and there is no mention on budget cuts here. Without a complete breakdown of the council's spending I cannot say what cuts are needed but that certainly does not mean closing toilets for instance we already employ a town warden could not his job description not be extended to include looking after them.
[quote][p][bold]Helston Observer[/bold] wrote: Gill has hit it bang on, the idea of the referendum would simply mean yet more cost, all they are trying to do is to protect and keep open valuable public services. I think they need to look closer at Councillor's expenses, giving COuncillors their own PA's, paying for taxis to take kids to school, cost of trade union activity (should be zero) within the Council. This is at Cornwall Council level, not town. Ron, there is no such thing as County Council any more, hasn't been since the unitary authority came in. I think you will find that in order to set the budget, every year the town council conduct a full review of their spending and budgets, I know talking to one of them that some budgets were cut this year. Forget about the percentage, it's meaningless because there are no figures behind it, that's just crap journalism trying to sensationalize a perfectly reasonable reaction to budgetary cuts. How would you pay for the Helston services Cornwall Council want to not pay for then, if not by increasing the town council budget? Genuine question, not having a dig...[/p][/quote]I am commenting on this article and there is no mention on budget cuts here. Without a complete breakdown of the council's spending I cannot say what cuts are needed but that certainly does not mean closing toilets for instance we already employ a town warden could not his job description not be extended to include looking after them. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -4

9:59am Sun 2 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Helston Observer wrote:
Gill has hit it bang on, the idea of the referendum would simply mean yet more cost, all they are trying to do is to protect and keep open valuable public services. I think they need to look closer at Councillor's expenses, giving COuncillors their own PA's, paying for taxis to take kids to school, cost of trade union activity (should be zero) within the Council. This is at Cornwall Council level, not town.
Ron, there is no such thing as County Council any more, hasn't been since the unitary authority came in. I think you will find that in order to set the budget, every year the town council conduct a full review of their spending and budgets, I know talking to one of them that some budgets were cut this year. Forget about the percentage, it's meaningless because there are no figures behind it, that's just crap journalism trying to sensationalize a perfectly reasonable reaction to budgetary cuts. How would you pay for the Helston services Cornwall Council want to not pay for then, if not by increasing the town council budget? Genuine question, not having a dig...
I am commenting on this article and there is no mention on budget cuts here. Without a complete breakdown of the council's spending I cannot say what cuts are needed but that certainly does not mean closing toilets for instance we already employ a town warden could not his job description not be extended to include looking after them.
[quote][p][bold]Helston Observer[/bold] wrote: Gill has hit it bang on, the idea of the referendum would simply mean yet more cost, all they are trying to do is to protect and keep open valuable public services. I think they need to look closer at Councillor's expenses, giving COuncillors their own PA's, paying for taxis to take kids to school, cost of trade union activity (should be zero) within the Council. This is at Cornwall Council level, not town. Ron, there is no such thing as County Council any more, hasn't been since the unitary authority came in. I think you will find that in order to set the budget, every year the town council conduct a full review of their spending and budgets, I know talking to one of them that some budgets were cut this year. Forget about the percentage, it's meaningless because there are no figures behind it, that's just crap journalism trying to sensationalize a perfectly reasonable reaction to budgetary cuts. How would you pay for the Helston services Cornwall Council want to not pay for then, if not by increasing the town council budget? Genuine question, not having a dig...[/p][/quote]I am commenting on this article and there is no mention on budget cuts here. Without a complete breakdown of the council's spending I cannot say what cuts are needed but that certainly does not mean closing toilets for instance we already employ a town warden could not his job description not be extended to include looking after them. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 0

10:07am Sun 2 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Gillian R.Z. Martin wrote:
Ron you seem to state what Helston Town Council should not be doing, however, you do not appear to suggest what they can do in order to protect services. Some of the services they currently provide may not personally affect you, but there are a lot of people that they do affect, and Helston Town Council are representing the town as a whole, not just their individual choices.
Do not understand your point I would of thought no individual would use all the council services does not mean they are not important.
What Helston council should be doing is to balance the budget not expecting the taxpayer to put there hand in there pocket once again. After all even the poorest including those on means tested benefit must contribute to this.
[quote][p][bold]Gillian R.Z. Martin[/bold] wrote: Ron you seem to state what Helston Town Council should not be doing, however, you do not appear to suggest what they can do in order to protect services. Some of the services they currently provide may not personally affect you, but there are a lot of people that they do affect, and Helston Town Council are representing the town as a whole, not just their individual choices.[/p][/quote]Do not understand your point I would of thought no individual would use all the council services does not mean they are not important. What Helston council should be doing is to balance the budget not expecting the taxpayer to put there hand in there pocket once again. After all even the poorest including those on means tested benefit must contribute to this. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -2

12:13pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gillian R.Z. Martin wrote:
Ron you seem to state what Helston Town Council should not be doing, however, you do not appear to suggest what they can do in order to protect services. Some of the services they currently provide may not personally affect you, but there are a lot of people that they do affect, and Helston Town Council are representing the town as a whole, not just their individual choices.
Do not understand your point I would of thought no individual would use all the council services does not mean they are not important.
What Helston council should be doing is to balance the budget not expecting the taxpayer to put there hand in there pocket once again. After all even the poorest including those on means tested benefit must contribute to this.
That is the whole point, how can the Town Council "balance the budget" IE not increase the precept, when they have recently had many services transferred to them from Cornwall Council without the adequate associated funding.
Personally I believe that Cornwall Council should transfer their car-parks to the town council, this would redress the balance of transferred 'assets', of course this will not happen because the revenue generated pays towards Cornwall Council run essential services.
It quite simply is impossible not to increase the town and parish council precepts if services are to be retained. I believe it is all too easy to be sitting on the outside of the council criticising their actions.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gillian R.Z. Martin[/bold] wrote: Ron you seem to state what Helston Town Council should not be doing, however, you do not appear to suggest what they can do in order to protect services. Some of the services they currently provide may not personally affect you, but there are a lot of people that they do affect, and Helston Town Council are representing the town as a whole, not just their individual choices.[/p][/quote]Do not understand your point I would of thought no individual would use all the council services does not mean they are not important. What Helston council should be doing is to balance the budget not expecting the taxpayer to put there hand in there pocket once again. After all even the poorest including those on means tested benefit must contribute to this.[/p][/quote]That is the whole point, how can the Town Council "balance the budget" IE not increase the precept, when they have recently had many services transferred to them from Cornwall Council without the adequate associated funding. Personally I believe that Cornwall Council should transfer their car-parks to the town council, this would redress the balance of transferred 'assets', of course this will not happen because the revenue generated pays towards Cornwall Council run essential services. It quite simply is impossible not to increase the town and parish council precepts if services are to be retained. I believe it is all too easy to be sitting on the outside of the council criticising their actions. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 6

12:29pm Sun 2 Feb 14

miss perfect says...

Gillian R.Z. Martin wrote:
miss perfect wrote: isn't there the same number of public toilets in mullion as are open in helston and some of the facilitis in the villagers are better than the ones in town
No there are not the same amount of toilets in Mullion, there are only two, one of which is seasonal and currently closed. There are nowhere near the same facilities in a village as in the town. Mullion Parish Council only has one play park to maintain, and has nowhere near the geographical area to cover as Helston, the facilities it provides are good but in no better order than the facilities of Helston.
Oh thought I read somewhere last year that Mullion parish council were taking on 3 public toilets and was going to cost £20000 a year to run them
[quote][p][bold]Gillian R.Z. Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]miss perfect[/bold] wrote: isn't there the same number of public toilets in mullion as are open in helston and some of the facilitis in the villagers are better than the ones in town[/p][/quote]No there are not the same amount of toilets in Mullion, there are only two, one of which is seasonal and currently closed. There are nowhere near the same facilities in a village as in the town. Mullion Parish Council only has one play park to maintain, and has nowhere near the geographical area to cover as Helston, the facilities it provides are good but in no better order than the facilities of Helston.[/p][/quote]Oh thought I read somewhere last year that Mullion parish council were taking on 3 public toilets and was going to cost £20000 a year to run them miss perfect
  • Score: 4

12:32pm Sun 2 Feb 14

miss perfect says...

Oh thought I read somewhere last year that Mullion parish council were taking on 3 public toilets and was going to cost £20000 a year to run them
Oh thought I read somewhere last year that Mullion parish council were taking on 3 public toilets and was going to cost £20000 a year to run them miss perfect
  • Score: 2

12:44pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Helston fly on the wall says...

Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.
Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways. Helston fly on the wall
  • Score: -2

12:51pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

miss perfect wrote:
Oh thought I read somewhere last year that Mullion parish council were taking on 3 public toilets and was going to cost £20000 a year to run them
Mullion Parish Council are only responsible for two public toilets, one in the village and one by the Cove, they are the only public toilets in Mullion.
[quote][p][bold]miss perfect[/bold] wrote: Oh thought I read somewhere last year that Mullion parish council were taking on 3 public toilets and was going to cost £20000 a year to run them[/p][/quote]Mullion Parish Council are only responsible for two public toilets, one in the village and one by the Cove, they are the only public toilets in Mullion. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 3

1:08pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

Helston fly on the wall wrote:
Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.
Yes, you are right, it is irrelevant how many toilets Mullion has, villages have less facilities than towns and that is why their precepts are a lot lower than towns, and there is only one toilet in the actual village as opposed to two in Helston Town and as I previously said, only one is open all year, whereas in Helston they have two open all year which obviously costs more to maintain, in addition to which Mullion has only one play park, Helston Town Council are responsible for several. The cost of running the facilities in a village are far less than a town.
Don't worry about the voting, it is rubbish because you can multiple vote which if I felt so inclined could do the same, however, I have better things with which to spend my time.
[quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.[/p][/quote]Yes, you are right, it is irrelevant how many toilets Mullion has, villages have less facilities than towns and that is why their precepts are a lot lower than towns, and there is only one toilet in the actual village as opposed to two in Helston Town and as I previously said, only one is open all year, whereas in Helston they have two open all year which obviously costs more to maintain, in addition to which Mullion has only one play park, Helston Town Council are responsible for several. The cost of running the facilities in a village are far less than a town. Don't worry about the voting, it is rubbish because you can multiple vote which if I felt so inclined could do the same, however, I have better things with which to spend my time. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 1

1:56pm Sun 2 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

So the more toilets and playgrounds somewhere has the more council tax you pay nothing to do with the population.
You certainly learn something everyday
So the more toilets and playgrounds somewhere has the more council tax you pay nothing to do with the population. You certainly learn something everyday ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -4

2:02pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

miss perfect wrote:
Oh thought I read somewhere last year that Mullion parish council were taking on 3 public toilets and was going to cost £20000 a year to run them
Incidentally, if you are referring to Polurrian Cove, they are not in the village, and are seasonal, your original post said " isn't there as many toilets in Mullion 'as are open' in Helston" as I previously said, there is only one toilet open all year in Mullion, there are two in Helston and will eventually be a third. Mullion only has one play park, Helston is responsible for several.
Back on topic, when the town council closed Trengrouse Way toilet there was public outcry, and now the Town Council wants to raise the precept to protect services, it is still considered wrong by some.
[quote][p][bold]miss perfect[/bold] wrote: Oh thought I read somewhere last year that Mullion parish council were taking on 3 public toilets and was going to cost £20000 a year to run them[/p][/quote]Incidentally, if you are referring to Polurrian Cove, they are not in the village, and are seasonal, your original post said " isn't there as many toilets in Mullion 'as are open' in Helston" as I previously said, there is only one toilet open all year in Mullion, there are two in Helston and will eventually be a third. Mullion only has one play park, Helston is responsible for several. Back on topic, when the town council closed Trengrouse Way toilet there was public outcry, and now the Town Council wants to raise the precept to protect services, it is still considered wrong by some. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 0

2:14pm Sun 2 Feb 14

miss perfect says...

so I was correct to say, as does the mullion parish council web-site, that 'Mullion' are responsible, as a local parish for the up-keep of 3 public toilets. I may be young an not as experienced and expert as some of you, but I am only writing on here what is on another reputable council website however you say you want to interprat my comment. tremenheer, poldhu and mullion cove.

it is of course a good idea to only open the toilets at times of high demand,therefore that's what all councils should do and not waste anymore public money than is already done
so I was correct to say, as does the mullion parish council web-site, that 'Mullion' are responsible, as a local parish for the up-keep of 3 public toilets. I may be young an not as experienced and expert as some of you, but I am only writing on here what is on another reputable council website however you say you want to interprat my comment. tremenheer, poldhu and mullion cove. it is of course a good idea to only open the toilets at times of high demand,therefore that's what all councils should do and not waste anymore public money than is already done miss perfect
  • Score: -2

2:17pm Sun 2 Feb 14

miss perfect says...

you can have problems with facts when you haven't read something properly too
you can have problems with facts when you haven't read something properly too miss perfect
  • Score: -2

2:24pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
So the more toilets and playgrounds somewhere has the more council tax you pay nothing to do with the population.
You certainly learn something everyday
Yes, the villages have far less population rates than the towns, it is not purely about toilets and play parks, if you compare Helston with other towns, I think their precept raise compares favourably. Whilst there may be more people in a town contributing financially than in a village, it does not cover all the added expenditure that comes with transferred services, hence the reason villages have also increased their precept.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: So the more toilets and playgrounds somewhere has the more council tax you pay nothing to do with the population. You certainly learn something everyday[/p][/quote]Yes, the villages have far less population rates than the towns, it is not purely about toilets and play parks, if you compare Helston with other towns, I think their precept raise compares favourably. Whilst there may be more people in a town contributing financially than in a village, it does not cover all the added expenditure that comes with transferred services, hence the reason villages have also increased their precept. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 4

2:34pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

miss perfect wrote:
so I was correct to say, as does the mullion parish council web-site, that 'Mullion' are responsible, as a local parish for the up-keep of 3 public toilets. I may be young an not as experienced and expert as some of you, but I am only writing on here what is on another reputable council website however you say you want to interprat my comment. tremenheer, poldhu and mullion cove.

it is of course a good idea to only open the toilets at times of high demand,therefore that's what all councils should do and not waste anymore public money than is already done
I believe your original statement was " mullion has as many toilets as are open in Helston" like I said originally, no it does not..As for demand, the Mullion Cove toilets were in high demand and closed, we are trying to promote tourism all year and Mullion harbour is a tourist destination, the nearest open toilets are currently right up in the village. That in my view would be like telling visitors to Helston their nearest toilet would be down at Coronation Park and closing all those in the town.
This has nothing to do with the precept rise of Helston.
[quote][p][bold]miss perfect[/bold] wrote: so I was correct to say, as does the mullion parish council web-site, that 'Mullion' are responsible, as a local parish for the up-keep of 3 public toilets. I may be young an not as experienced and expert as some of you, but I am only writing on here what is on another reputable council website however you say you want to interprat my comment. tremenheer, poldhu and mullion cove. it is of course a good idea to only open the toilets at times of high demand,therefore that's what all councils should do and not waste anymore public money than is already done[/p][/quote]I believe your original statement was " mullion has as many toilets as are open in Helston" like I said originally, no it does not..As for demand, the Mullion Cove toilets were in high demand and closed, we are trying to promote tourism all year and Mullion harbour is a tourist destination, the nearest open toilets are currently right up in the village. That in my view would be like telling visitors to Helston their nearest toilet would be down at Coronation Park and closing all those in the town. This has nothing to do with the precept rise of Helston. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: -2

2:51pm Sun 2 Feb 14

miss perfect says...

so you cannot admit you were wrong when you said mullion parish council were only responsible for two public toilets ?
mmm?
so you cannot admit you were wrong when you said mullion parish council were only responsible for two public toilets ? mmm? miss perfect
  • Score: 3

2:58pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Helston fly on the wall says...

Miss Perfect I would be interested to know what your actual opinion is on the story, Helston council tax rise? I think the council are doing the right thing trying to save services, I think there is always someone ready to complain about what ever the council does.
Miss Perfect I would be interested to know what your actual opinion is on the story, Helston council tax rise? I think the council are doing the right thing trying to save services, I think there is always someone ready to complain about what ever the council does. Helston fly on the wall
  • Score: 5

3:09pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

miss perfect wrote:
so you cannot admit you were wrong when you said mullion parish council were only responsible for two public toilets ?
mmm?
Yes Mullion Parish Council are presumably then responsible for three toilets, it does not however alter the fact that only one is open all year and in Helston there are two, which was the actual point. Although what this has to do with the Helston prefix I am not quite sure.
Perhaps you might like to admit you were wrong in all your rude and sarcastic comments that were placed under many of my posts on the website. I also find it interesting you never appear to comment on any topic until you comment underneath my posts.
[quote][p][bold]miss perfect[/bold] wrote: so you cannot admit you were wrong when you said mullion parish council were only responsible for two public toilets ? mmm?[/p][/quote]Yes Mullion Parish Council are presumably then responsible for three toilets, it does not however alter the fact that only one is open all year and in Helston there are two, which was the actual point. Although what this has to do with the Helston prefix I am not quite sure. Perhaps you might like to admit you were wrong in all your rude and sarcastic comments that were placed under many of my posts on the website. I also find it interesting you never appear to comment on any topic until you comment underneath my posts. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 4

3:11pm Sun 2 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Helston fly on the wall wrote:
Miss Perfect I would be interested to know what your actual opinion is on the story, Helston council tax rise? I think the council are doing the right thing trying to save services, I think there is always someone ready to complain about what ever the council does.
Sorry to be a complainer but a £57000 increase is a huge amount of money.
I would like to see a detailed financial report about this.
[quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: Miss Perfect I would be interested to know what your actual opinion is on the story, Helston council tax rise? I think the council are doing the right thing trying to save services, I think there is always someone ready to complain about what ever the council does.[/p][/quote]Sorry to be a complainer but a £57000 increase is a huge amount of money. I would like to see a detailed financial report about this. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 1

3:56pm Sun 2 Feb 14

meerkats says...

Helston fly on the wall wrote:
Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.
I think Miss Perfect is thumbing up her own comments , and thumbing down everyone elses . I agree with your comment Ron does complain a lot about the council.,
[quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.[/p][/quote]I think Miss Perfect is thumbing up her own comments , and thumbing down everyone elses . I agree with your comment Ron does complain a lot about the council., meerkats
  • Score: -1

4:04pm Sun 2 Feb 14

meerkats says...

Gillian R.Z. Martin wrote:
miss perfect wrote:
so you cannot admit you were wrong when you said mullion parish council were only responsible for two public toilets ?
mmm?
Yes Mullion Parish Council are presumably then responsible for three toilets, it does not however alter the fact that only one is open all year and in Helston there are two, which was the actual point. Although what this has to do with the Helston prefix I am not quite sure.
Perhaps you might like to admit you were wrong in all your rude and sarcastic comments that were placed under many of my posts on the website. I also find it interesting you never appear to comment on any topic until you comment underneath my posts.
Gill , Miss Perfect is continually rude and sarcastic on these comment pages,hardly ever leaves a relevant opinion on the news item and after reading her posts this time seems obsessed with toilets.
[quote][p][bold]Gillian R.Z. Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]miss perfect[/bold] wrote: so you cannot admit you were wrong when you said mullion parish council were only responsible for two public toilets ? mmm?[/p][/quote]Yes Mullion Parish Council are presumably then responsible for three toilets, it does not however alter the fact that only one is open all year and in Helston there are two, which was the actual point. Although what this has to do with the Helston prefix I am not quite sure. Perhaps you might like to admit you were wrong in all your rude and sarcastic comments that were placed under many of my posts on the website. I also find it interesting you never appear to comment on any topic until you comment underneath my posts.[/p][/quote]Gill , Miss Perfect is continually rude and sarcastic on these comment pages,hardly ever leaves a relevant opinion on the news item and after reading her posts this time seems obsessed with toilets. meerkats
  • Score: 4

4:43pm Sun 2 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

meerkats wrote:
Helston fly on the wall wrote:
Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.
I think Miss Perfect is thumbing up her own comments , and thumbing down everyone elses . I agree with your comment Ron does complain a lot about the council.,
So here we go again. Have you a comment to add. Trying to comment on the biggest ever increase in council tax Helston has ever seen and as always it decends into personal comments.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.[/p][/quote]I think Miss Perfect is thumbing up her own comments , and thumbing down everyone elses . I agree with your comment Ron does complain a lot about the council.,[/p][/quote]So here we go again. Have you a comment to add. Trying to comment on the biggest ever increase in council tax Helston has ever seen and as always it decends into personal comments. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 0

5:03pm Sun 2 Feb 14

meerkats says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Helston fly on the wall wrote:
Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.
I think Miss Perfect is thumbing up her own comments , and thumbing down everyone elses . I agree with your comment Ron does complain a lot about the council.,
So here we go again. Have you a comment to add. Trying to comment on the biggest ever increase in council tax Helston has ever seen and as always it decends into personal comments.
Yes it is a big hike in council tax , but Helston has fared better than some. Yes it is about Helston and not Mullion ,which Miss Perfect s comment was about.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.[/p][/quote]I think Miss Perfect is thumbing up her own comments , and thumbing down everyone elses . I agree with your comment Ron does complain a lot about the council.,[/p][/quote]So here we go again. Have you a comment to add. Trying to comment on the biggest ever increase in council tax Helston has ever seen and as always it decends into personal comments.[/p][/quote]Yes it is a big hike in council tax , but Helston has fared better than some. Yes it is about Helston and not Mullion ,which Miss Perfect s comment was about. meerkats
  • Score: 0

5:56pm Sun 2 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Helston fly on the wall wrote:
Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.
I never complained when the toilets at the bottom of trengrouse way closed. They where filthy and the building is a blot on the landscape
[quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.[/p][/quote]I never complained when the toilets at the bottom of trengrouse way closed. They where filthy and the building is a blot on the landscape ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 1

6:06pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Helston fly on the wall says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Helston fly on the wall wrote:
Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.
I never complained when the toilets at the bottom of trengrouse way closed. They where filthy and the building is a blot on the landscape
Do I take it then you would rather see services close instead of being refurbished? and I didn't see you complain about who I think is the illusive peter gg and miss perfect when they were rude, so to complain about meerkats is I think double standards.
I live in Helston and I'm happy to pay the extra and I'm only on a low income.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.[/p][/quote]I never complained when the toilets at the bottom of trengrouse way closed. They where filthy and the building is a blot on the landscape[/p][/quote]Do I take it then you would rather see services close instead of being refurbished? and I didn't see you complain about who I think is the illusive peter gg and miss perfect when they were rude, so to complain about meerkats is I think double standards. I live in Helston and I'm happy to pay the extra and I'm only on a low income. Helston fly on the wall
  • Score: 0

6:30pm Sun 2 Feb 14

miss perfect says...

Helstons residents face a council tax rise Yes that's right they do the same as Mullion Porthleven Penzance Cambourne Redruth Falmouth and probably everywhere else, so then they all need to cut back on some services and to ask to pay on band a,b,c,and d up to an extra 20p a week is not out of order.
toilets,which the 3 mullion parish are responsible costs 20000 pounds,and only one is open full time so we are told so should the toilets be open all the hours they are could they close them one hour earlier, or open them one hour later ?

if most of the people who live in helston cannot afford 20 pence a week extra for services then I suggest they try a bit harder. I remember when we were a lot younger and didn't have sky tv, computer,iphone,game
boy, widescreen tele,heating in every room. we do now.we are not rich but seem to afford all this at much more than 20p
Helstons residents face a council tax rise Yes that's right they do the same as Mullion Porthleven Penzance Cambourne Redruth Falmouth and probably everywhere else, so then they all need to cut back on some services and to ask to pay on band a,b,c,and d up to an extra 20p a week is not out of order. toilets,which the 3 mullion parish are responsible costs 20000 pounds,and only one is open full time so we are told so should the toilets be open all the hours they are could they close them one hour earlier, or open them one hour later ? if most of the people who live in helston cannot afford 20 pence a week extra for services then I suggest they try a bit harder. I remember when we were a lot younger and didn't have sky tv, computer,iphone,game boy, widescreen tele,heating in every room. we do now.we are not rich but seem to afford all this at much more than 20p miss perfect
  • Score: 3

6:42pm Sun 2 Feb 14

meerkats says...

Helston fly on the wall wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Helston fly on the wall wrote:
Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.
I never complained when the toilets at the bottom of trengrouse way closed. They where filthy and the building is a blot on the landscape
Do I take it then you would rather see services close instead of being refurbished? and I didn't see you complain about who I think is the illusive peter gg and miss perfect when they were rude, so to complain about meerkats is I think double standards.
I live in Helston and I'm happy to pay the extra and I'm only on a low income.
A good comment and i agree it is double standards. Strange how Petergg has gone very quiet ,and Ron who was not going to comment anymore is having a lot to say. I dont agree with ron that the building is a blot on the landscape the toilets need to be refurbished and open.
[quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: Whoever keeps thumbing up miss perfects comment I think is just making themselves look silly, do they have a problem with facts, of course villages don't have the same facilities as towns, that's why their council tax is lower than towns. Helston has two toilets open all year and will be opening the Trengrouse Way one again, I seem to remember Ronedgcumbe complaining about the council when they closed it so what does he suggest, seems the council can't win, he complains when they close facilities and he complains when they try to save facilities. You can't have both ways.[/p][/quote]I never complained when the toilets at the bottom of trengrouse way closed. They where filthy and the building is a blot on the landscape[/p][/quote]Do I take it then you would rather see services close instead of being refurbished? and I didn't see you complain about who I think is the illusive peter gg and miss perfect when they were rude, so to complain about meerkats is I think double standards. I live in Helston and I'm happy to pay the extra and I'm only on a low income.[/p][/quote]A good comment and i agree it is double standards. Strange how Petergg has gone very quiet ,and Ron who was not going to comment anymore is having a lot to say. I dont agree with ron that the building is a blot on the landscape the toilets need to be refurbished and open. meerkats
  • Score: -2

6:52pm Sun 2 Feb 14

meerkats says...

miss perfect wrote:
Helstons residents face a council tax rise Yes that's right they do the same as Mullion Porthleven Penzance Cambourne Redruth Falmouth and probably everywhere else, so then they all need to cut back on some services and to ask to pay on band a,b,c,and d up to an extra 20p a week is not out of order.
toilets,which the 3 mullion parish are responsible costs 20000 pounds,and only one is open full time so we are told so should the toilets be open all the hours they are could they close them one hour earlier, or open them one hour later ?

if most of the people who live in helston cannot afford 20 pence a week extra for services then I suggest they try a bit harder. I remember when we were a lot younger and didn't have sky tv, computer,iphone,game

boy, widescreen tele,heating in every room. we do now.we are not rich but seem to afford all this at much more than 20p
Some of us still dont have sky tv, iphones ,game boy but through choice not a case if you are able to afford it. There is nothing the town council can do to reduce the increase with all that CC has placed on them and i think it is not an unreasonable increase anyway
[quote][p][bold]miss perfect[/bold] wrote: Helstons residents face a council tax rise Yes that's right they do the same as Mullion Porthleven Penzance Cambourne Redruth Falmouth and probably everywhere else, so then they all need to cut back on some services and to ask to pay on band a,b,c,and d up to an extra 20p a week is not out of order. toilets,which the 3 mullion parish are responsible costs 20000 pounds,and only one is open full time so we are told so should the toilets be open all the hours they are could they close them one hour earlier, or open them one hour later ? if most of the people who live in helston cannot afford 20 pence a week extra for services then I suggest they try a bit harder. I remember when we were a lot younger and didn't have sky tv, computer,iphone,game boy, widescreen tele,heating in every room. we do now.we are not rich but seem to afford all this at much more than 20p[/p][/quote]Some of us still dont have sky tv, iphones ,game boy but through choice not a case if you are able to afford it. There is nothing the town council can do to reduce the increase with all that CC has placed on them and i think it is not an unreasonable increase anyway meerkats
  • Score: 3

6:52pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Helston fly on the wall says...

miss perfect wrote:
Helstons residents face a council tax rise Yes that's right they do the same as Mullion Porthleven Penzance Cambourne Redruth Falmouth and probably everywhere else, so then they all need to cut back on some services and to ask to pay on band a,b,c,and d up to an extra 20p a week is not out of order.
toilets,which the 3 mullion parish are responsible costs 20000 pounds,and only one is open full time so we are told so should the toilets be open all the hours they are could they close them one hour earlier, or open them one hour later ?

if most of the people who live in helston cannot afford 20 pence a week extra for services then I suggest they try a bit harder. I remember when we were a lot younger and didn't have sky tv, computer,iphone,game

boy, widescreen tele,heating in every room. we do now.we are not rich but seem to afford all this at much more than 20p
There was me thinking you said in a previous post on this thread you were only young!!!

20p a week by everyone will not help, and the council cannot raise the actual percentage on each property band, D, etc only the government can do that I think.
[quote][p][bold]miss perfect[/bold] wrote: Helstons residents face a council tax rise Yes that's right they do the same as Mullion Porthleven Penzance Cambourne Redruth Falmouth and probably everywhere else, so then they all need to cut back on some services and to ask to pay on band a,b,c,and d up to an extra 20p a week is not out of order. toilets,which the 3 mullion parish are responsible costs 20000 pounds,and only one is open full time so we are told so should the toilets be open all the hours they are could they close them one hour earlier, or open them one hour later ? if most of the people who live in helston cannot afford 20 pence a week extra for services then I suggest they try a bit harder. I remember when we were a lot younger and didn't have sky tv, computer,iphone,game boy, widescreen tele,heating in every room. we do now.we are not rich but seem to afford all this at much more than 20p[/p][/quote]There was me thinking you said in a previous post on this thread you were only young!!! 20p a week by everyone will not help, and the council cannot raise the actual percentage on each property band, D, etc only the government can do that I think. Helston fly on the wall
  • Score: 3

7:16pm Sun 2 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities.
With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building.
As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not.
To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive
Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities. With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building. As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not. To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -2

7:29pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Helston fly on the wall says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities.
With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building.
As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not.
To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive
I don't think anyone was saying you had multiple identities only that you didnt complain when others were rude and yet you complained about meerkats. Anyway let's forget all that. Can you not ask the council for a breakdown then of expenses?
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities. With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building. As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not. To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive[/p][/quote]I don't think anyone was saying you had multiple identities only that you didnt complain when others were rude and yet you complained about meerkats. Anyway let's forget all that. Can you not ask the council for a breakdown then of expenses? Helston fly on the wall
  • Score: 0

7:41pm Sun 2 Feb 14

miss perfect says...

Im 25, not old thank you

ill volunteer an extra 50p a week and stop buying that extra bar of chocolate I don't need lolo and my problem solved easy
Im 25, not old thank you ill volunteer an extra 50p a week and stop buying that extra bar of chocolate I don't need lolo and my problem solved easy miss perfect
  • Score: 5

8:06pm Sun 2 Feb 14

Helston fly on the wall says...

I'm not giving up chocolate but I'll give up buying photo pictures on the market stall!
Don't think any of this will help much though,
I'm not giving up chocolate but I'll give up buying photo pictures on the market stall! Don't think any of this will help much though, Helston fly on the wall
  • Score: 6

8:09pm Sun 2 Feb 14

meerkats says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities.
With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building.
As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not.
To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive
Well instead of complaining perhaps you could take up the TC's expenditure with them .at least then you will know .
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities. With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building. As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not. To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive[/p][/quote]Well instead of complaining perhaps you could take up the TC's expenditure with them .at least then you will know . meerkats
  • Score: -4

8:28pm Sun 2 Feb 14

meerkats says...

meerkats wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities.
With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building.
As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not.
To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive
Well instead of complaining perhaps you could take up the TC's expenditure with them .at least then you will know .
Also, Miss Perfect is often rude and sarcastic to other commenters , yet i dont see you complain about her.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities. With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building. As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not. To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive[/p][/quote]Well instead of complaining perhaps you could take up the TC's expenditure with them .at least then you will know .[/p][/quote]Also, Miss Perfect is often rude and sarcastic to other commenters , yet i dont see you complain about her. meerkats
  • Score: -3

8:44pm Sun 2 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Helston fly on the wall wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities.
With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building.
As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not.
To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive
I don't think anyone was saying you had multiple identities only that you didnt complain when others were rude and yet you complained about meerkats. Anyway let's forget all that. Can you not ask the council for a breakdown then of expenses?
Not actually sure as when they talk about money they seem keen on excluding the public.
[quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities. With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building. As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not. To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive[/p][/quote]I don't think anyone was saying you had multiple identities only that you didnt complain when others were rude and yet you complained about meerkats. Anyway let's forget all that. Can you not ask the council for a breakdown then of expenses?[/p][/quote]Not actually sure as when they talk about money they seem keen on excluding the public. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 4

8:54pm Sun 2 Feb 14

miss perfect says...

I have another suggestion as how the hardpressed resident of Helston can afford the 40p extra on there council tax bill
spend 40p less every time you go Tesco, every little helps
I have another suggestion as how the hardpressed resident of Helston can afford the 40p extra on there council tax bill spend 40p less every time you go Tesco, every little helps miss perfect
  • Score: 5

9:08pm Sun 2 Feb 14

ronedgcumbe says...

miss perfect wrote:
I have another suggestion as how the hardpressed resident of Helston can afford the 40p extra on there council tax bill
spend 40p less every time you go Tesco, every little helps
Good idea I wonder if Helston council accept tesco clubcard points
[quote][p][bold]miss perfect[/bold] wrote: I have another suggestion as how the hardpressed resident of Helston can afford the 40p extra on there council tax bill spend 40p less every time you go Tesco, every little helps[/p][/quote]Good idea I wonder if Helston council accept tesco clubcard points ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 1

7:42am Mon 3 Feb 14

Helston fly on the wall says...

meerkats wrote:
meerkats wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities.
With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building.
As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not.
To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive
Well instead of complaining perhaps you could take up the TC's expenditure with them .at least then you will know .
Also, Miss Perfect is often rude and sarcastic to other commenters , yet i dont see you complain about her.
Don't let it bother you meerkats dear, I wouldn't be surprised if miss perfect is related to Ronedgcumbe because on the election article she mentions his family, how would she know he has any family? and for someone who claims to be 25 I'm surprised she says she remembers the time before there was heating in every room and gameboys etc, like she mentions, because they have all been around for years now. Also a 25 year old would have benefitted from modern schooling I would have thought, and to me her spelling which seems to me identical to ronedgcumbe's dosn't seem the correct spellings most 25 year old locals have. It doesn't seem a one off mistake either.
The Cllrs themselves have to pay this increase its not like they set the charge and don't have to pay it themselves. Nothing stopping anyone attending the council meetings.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities. With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building. As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not. To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive[/p][/quote]Well instead of complaining perhaps you could take up the TC's expenditure with them .at least then you will know .[/p][/quote]Also, Miss Perfect is often rude and sarcastic to other commenters , yet i dont see you complain about her.[/p][/quote]Don't let it bother you meerkats dear, I wouldn't be surprised if miss perfect is related to Ronedgcumbe because on the election article she mentions his family, how would she know he has any family? and for someone who claims to be 25 I'm surprised she says she remembers the time before there was heating in every room and gameboys etc, like she mentions, because they have all been around for years now. Also a 25 year old would have benefitted from modern schooling I would have thought, and to me her spelling which seems to me identical to ronedgcumbe's dosn't seem the correct spellings most 25 year old locals have. It doesn't seem a one off mistake either. The Cllrs themselves have to pay this increase its not like they set the charge and don't have to pay it themselves. Nothing stopping anyone attending the council meetings. Helston fly on the wall
  • Score: -4

9:47am Mon 3 Feb 14

miss perfect says...

ooh, FOTW is the new Defective Chief Inspecter lolo
ooh, FOTW is the new Defective Chief Inspecter lolo miss perfect
  • Score: 4

12:25pm Mon 3 Feb 14

meerkats says...

Helston fly on the wall wrote:
meerkats wrote:
meerkats wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities.
With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building.
As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not.
To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive
Well instead of complaining perhaps you could take up the TC's expenditure with them .at least then you will know .
Also, Miss Perfect is often rude and sarcastic to other commenters , yet i dont see you complain about her.
Don't let it bother you meerkats dear, I wouldn't be surprised if miss perfect is related to Ronedgcumbe because on the election article she mentions his family, how would she know he has any family? and for someone who claims to be 25 I'm surprised she says she remembers the time before there was heating in every room and gameboys etc, like she mentions, because they have all been around for years now. Also a 25 year old would have benefitted from modern schooling I would have thought, and to me her spelling which seems to me identical to ronedgcumbe's dosn't seem the correct spellings most 25 year old locals have. It doesn't seem a one off mistake either.
The Cllrs themselves have to pay this increase its not like they set the charge and don't have to pay it themselves. Nothing stopping anyone attending the council meetings.
Thankyou . There are a few who comment on here that have said the same re Ron and Miss Perfect .
[quote][p][bold]Helston fly on the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Why do you persist with this nonsence that I have multiple identities. With the toilets at trengrouse way you are right I would prefer them demolished its a very ugly building. As for double standards I have never beem rude to anyone and allways respect others opinions evem when mine have not. To get back to this topic I think taxpayers deserve a proper breakdown of town council expenditure as with this never seen before increase and cost to the taxpayer of well over a quarter of a million pounds for a small town this seems excessive[/p][/quote]Well instead of complaining perhaps you could take up the TC's expenditure with them .at least then you will know .[/p][/quote]Also, Miss Perfect is often rude and sarcastic to other commenters , yet i dont see you complain about her.[/p][/quote]Don't let it bother you meerkats dear, I wouldn't be surprised if miss perfect is related to Ronedgcumbe because on the election article she mentions his family, how would she know he has any family? and for someone who claims to be 25 I'm surprised she says she remembers the time before there was heating in every room and gameboys etc, like she mentions, because they have all been around for years now. Also a 25 year old would have benefitted from modern schooling I would have thought, and to me her spelling which seems to me identical to ronedgcumbe's dosn't seem the correct spellings most 25 year old locals have. It doesn't seem a one off mistake either. The Cllrs themselves have to pay this increase its not like they set the charge and don't have to pay it themselves. Nothing stopping anyone attending the council meetings.[/p][/quote]Thankyou . There are a few who comment on here that have said the same re Ron and Miss Perfect . meerkats
  • Score: -3

1:54pm Tue 4 Feb 14

TheOriginaDelboy says...

So how is everyone?
So how is everyone? TheOriginaDelboy
  • Score: 0

2:22pm Tue 4 Feb 14

Gillian R.Z. Martin says...

TheOriginaDelboy wrote:
So how is everyone?
Lol, (I have the flu and cannot think straight) nice to see you comment Delboy.
[quote][p][bold]TheOriginaDelboy[/bold] wrote: So how is everyone?[/p][/quote]Lol, (I have the flu and cannot think straight) nice to see you comment Delboy. Gillian R.Z. Martin
  • Score: 0

4:23pm Tue 4 Feb 14

meerkats says...

TheOriginaDelboy wrote:
So how is everyone?
Where have you been ? No comments from you for ages!! lol
[quote][p][bold]TheOriginaDelboy[/bold] wrote: So how is everyone?[/p][/quote]Where have you been ? No comments from you for ages!! lol meerkats
  • Score: 1

8:48pm Tue 4 Feb 14

miss perfect says...

Yes good comment dellboy, but what do you think of helston council tax increase? Lolo
Yes good comment dellboy, but what do you think of helston council tax increase? Lolo miss perfect
  • Score: -5

6:23am Wed 5 Feb 14

Helston fly on the wall says...

I see someone's sarcasm hasn't eluded them, and the relevance to the comment! At least Delboy has left loads of intelligent and interesting posts in the past, unlike one person I could name that from the minute they came on the website was continually rude and sarcastic to Gillian and others and seems to me to want to incite argument most of the time rather than debate.
The council tax rise is going ahead regardless so better just accept it.
I see someone's sarcasm hasn't eluded them, and the relevance to the comment! At least Delboy has left loads of intelligent and interesting posts in the past, unlike one person I could name that from the minute they came on the website was continually rude and sarcastic to Gillian and others and seems to me to want to incite argument most of the time rather than debate. The council tax rise is going ahead regardless so better just accept it. Helston fly on the wall
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree