Tuesday evening: The strong winds are already causing problems with reports of power outages, fallen trees and even a shop with its windows blown in.
Here are the reports as we got them.
Looks like the Truro City football stand has been damaged
A30 Chiverton Cross and Carland Cross is now clear, just a bit of surface water
- The Tamar Bridge is closed to high sided vehicles and motorcycles
- Accident on the A30 Carland Cross - please approach with care
- Tree blocking road between Budock Water and Pendra Loweth
- Track damage caused by weather is causing rail disruption. A bus replacement service is in operation between Taunton and Plymouth
- BP garage on Henver Road, Newquay is closed as part of the roof has blown off
- Tree blown across 1 side of B3284 out of Perranporth near Blowinghouse turning
- One appliance from Truro were mobilised to reports of fallen tree that had also bought down a live power cable. Fire crews stood by at the scene providing fire cover until they were able to hand over the scene to Western Power.
- A3075 near the roundabout at the end of the Gannel is partially flooded.
- Roof blown off hotel in Mountwise.
- Fallen tree A39 Tregolls road Truro. Road blocked please find alternative route
- At Zelah on the A30 there are hazardous driving conditions between Henver Lane and Shortlanesend Road due to fallen phone cables in the road.
- The road from Perranporth to St Agnes and at Four Lanes outside the school have flooded.
- Over 400 homes are without power in the Alverton area of Penzance with Western Power saying it's engineers are working to reconnect the power. Western Power said: "Apologies to customers in TR postcodes Penzance, Redruth and many surrounding areas. We hope to restore power by 00:00 tonight."
- There are also reports of fallen power cables between Carland Cross and Chiverton Cross on the A30.
- Reports of Swanpool Road Westbound partially blocked due to fallen tree between Silverdale Road / Swanpool Hill and Bickland Water Road. Between Swanpool Beach and the golf course, heading up the hill.
- Appliances from Falmouth assisted with a dangerous structure and a fallen tree caused by high winds in the Emslie Road and Goldenbank Road areas of Falmouth. Both scenes were secured by Fire Personnel.
- Fallen trees, Trelowth A390 blocked around Coliza Hill. Victoria Rd both directions partially blocked between A30 & Roche Cross.
- Winds of over 90mph recently reported in the Scilly Isles, and heading our way.
- At Canonstown the A30 is closed in both directions between the St Erth Roundabout and Arch Lane due to fallen power cables
- Update on St Erth back road diversion, apparently some parts are flooded so drivers beware, also lots of trees along that stretch.
- On the A30 before Whiddon Down heading towards Cornwall we've got reports there's a tree down.
- On back roads by Wall and Reawla there's a tree down.
- At Trelowth the A390 westbound is blocked due to fallen tree around Coliza Hill.
- On the B3293 between Helston and St Keverne there's a tree down just on the St Keverne side of Zoar Garage.
- Between St Buryan and Porthcurno at Treen there's a tree down