Heavily smoke-logged Hayle home sparks call out for firefighters

Heavily smoke-logged Hayle home sparks call out for firefighters

Heavily smoke-logged Hayle home sparks call out for firefighters

First published in News

Firefighters were called to Mount Pleasant, Hayle last night after smoke from a wood burning stove filled a home.

A spokesman said the stove had set a neighbouring wood pile on fire.

Crews from Camborne and St Ives attended the scene just after 11.30pm, and used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to extinguish the fire in the heavily smoke-logged property.

Once the fire was extinguished the crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the remaining smoke. The fire was accidental.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree