Firefighters were called to Tolcarne Street, Camborne yesterday evening after a report of smoke pouring from a home and people inside the burning building

Appliances from Camborne were mobilised just before 6.30pm,and when the crews arrived the found smoke issuing from the property and people reported to be inside. Further appliances from Redruth and Penzance were mobilised. 

The fire was on the ground floor of a two storey mid terrace property, firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property with a high pressure hosereel and extinguished the fire.

A fire service spokesman said: "Fortunately all persons were accounted for, the crews then proceeded to ventilate to remove smoke from the property." 

The cause was accidental.