Illogan flat fire sparked by 'carelessly disregarding' lit cigarettes in bin

Falmouth Packet: Illogan flat fire sparked by 'carelessly disregarding' lit cigarettes in bin Illogan flat fire sparked by 'carelessly disregarding' lit cigarettes in bin

Firefighters were called out to Illogan yesterday afternoon after bin fire in a flat sparked by 'carelessly' chucked lit ciggarettes.

One appliance from Camborne and one appliance from Redruth attended the fire in a ground floor flat and used two sets of breathing apparatus and one hosereel to extinguish the fire.

A fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "The fire was caused by the occupier carelessly disregarding his lit cigarettes in a waste bin.

Whilst in attendance the crews also fitted smoke detectors in the property and also in the flat above. 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree