Dog walkers are being warned that palm oil, which has killed pets after being eaten, has washed up on a Falmouth beach.
The picture of a lump of the waxy substance was sent in by Louise Jones, after she found it on Nansidwell beach between Maenporth and Mawnan Smith this morning.
She said it has been confirmed by Rosemullion Vets in Falmouth to be Palm Oil.
At least three pets have died and dozens more have been poisoned after swallowing the solidified palm oil, believed to have been dumped at sea.
The waxy white substance, which may be contaminated with cleaning fluid or diesel oil, has been found on beaches along the Cornish coast over recent months.
The substance can be deadly to dogs, with vets in the county treating tens of animals after they ingested the substance.