Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting PKNEWS to 80360
No support for home in already 'congested' part of Falmouth
11:20am Tuesday 13th May 2014 in News
PLANS to build a new home in an already “congested” area at Woodlane Crescent in Falmouth are being opposed by the town’s planning committee.
Mr and Mrs Rule have submitted the amended plans for the new property, which would front onto Florence Terrace. Councillors debated it last week when neighbour Cherry Dishington attended and spoke against the proposals.
She said: “It doubles the footprint of the existing garage and workshop, raising to a height of 18 feet. Our garden and patio will be substantially overlooked. We would like to continue to enjoy the privacy of our garden.”
Supporting Mrs Dishington and her husband, Neil, Councillor Candy Atherton said: “Building in the back garden in this already congested area will be over-development. It will feel very overcrowded and unpleasant.”
The committee is recommending Cornwall Council refuse the application claiming it would be over-development and unsympathetic to the character and appearance of the conservation area. Members are also concerned about the lack of car parking.
Comments are closed on this article.