Residents of Mylor and Flushing will once again be able to take the bus to Truro after First promised to reintroduce a weekday service.
The company said that a new return service from Mylor and nearby villages to Truro will start on June 2, although exact timetables and a route number are yet to be confirmed.
The announcement follows the withdrawal of the 400 service, which ran between the villages and Truro, in November last year during a widespread change to the Cornish bus network. An attempt at a replacement service run by Fal River Buses was cancelled in February as it was not financially viable, being used mainly by pensioners with concessionary fares.
John Symons, chairman of Mylor Parish Council, said: “Councillor Judith Whiteley is doing her best on that and it’s starting to pay off. It’s very good news. We were expecting them to cut the bus service even further, but they’ve put an extra bus on.
“It was a problem Mylor and Flushing had, for people to get to Truro they had to go to Penryn and change, but now we’ve got our bus back. I think it’s excellent news.
Following the second cancellation of the service in February, over 100 residents replied to a letter from MP Sarah Newton, pictured, describing how they had been affected by the cuts.
She said: “I understand from First that productive negotiations with Cornwall Council means that bus service levels in Cornwall are now stabilising, with some of the routes lost last year now being restored.
“It is good to see Mylor benefiting from this, a testament to the strong case we were able to make on the village’s behalf. I am very grateful to Mylor Parish Council and to residents for all their support in this campaign, and to Cornwall Council officers and to First for listening to our concerns.”