Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting PKNEWS to 80360
Worker has burns on face and arms after roadworks electric shock in Truro
8:55am Tuesday 3rd June 2014 in News
A worker has been taken to hospital after being injured by an electric shock while carrying out road works in Truro.
South West Water (SWW) say that a subcontractor working on Kenwyn Street, Truro sustained burns to his arms and face after receiving an electric shock at 4pm.
The man was taken to the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro and later transferred to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth.
A South West Water spokesman said: "South West Water is fully co-operating with an investigation into what happened."
Businesses were left without power due to the incident and Western Power engineers were sent to the scene.
Comments are closed on this article.