Andy Wallis bumps into Ivan Perry on trip to London

Who should councillor Andy Wallis bump into but Helston old timer Ivan Perry (pictured)

Who should councillor Andy Wallis bump into but Helston old timer Ivan Perry (pictured)

First published in News

There is a famous quote from the film Casablanca in which Humphrey Bogart tells Ingrid Bergman: “Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.”

Cornwall councillor Andy Wallis had a similar experience in London recently, when he bumped into a familiar face.

With the capital boasting a population of six million people, who should Andy spot coming towards him? None other than the friendly face of Helston long-timer Ivan Perry.

Recalling the coincidence at last week's Helston Town Council meeting, Mr Wallis laughed: “Out of six million people, who do I bump into? Ivan. I can't get away from him.

“And guess what the conversation was? They have nice bus stops in London!”

Mr Wallis joked: “It's always nice to see a Cornishman up there invading the capital of England and good to have a chat with Ivan in a foreign land.”

Of course, in this scenario Andy must have been playing Humphrey Bogart's role - which I suppose leaves Ivan cast as Ingrid Bergman's character...

Stock photo, Ivan Perry on right hand side.

Comments (68)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:39pm Fri 25 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 11

11:24pm Fri 25 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -10

11:24pm Fri 25 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -10

7:48am Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
Philosopher Carl Jung used the word, to describe what he called temporally coincident occurrences of acausal events. He described synchronicity as an acausal connecting principle, meaningful coincidence. It was a principle Carl Jung felt gave evidence for his concepts of archetypes and the collective unconscious. He believed there were parallels between synchronicity and aspects of relativity theory. (Einsteins theory of relativity) his idea was life is not a random series of events but an expression of a deeper order. It was more than just an intellectual exercise. He also believed synchronicity served a role similar to that of dreams, with the purpose of moving a persons egocentric conscious thinking to a greater wholeness. Einsteins theory of relativity and quantum theory are also interesting, to which Carl Jung also referred.
Therefore, as I previously said, Carl Jung would have described the meeting of Ivan Perry and Councillor Andrew Wallis as synchronicity.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.[/p][/quote]Philosopher Carl Jung used the word, to describe what he called temporally coincident occurrences of acausal events. He described synchronicity as an acausal connecting principle, meaningful coincidence. It was a principle Carl Jung felt gave evidence for his concepts of archetypes and the collective unconscious. He believed there were parallels between synchronicity and aspects of relativity theory. (Einsteins theory of relativity) his idea was life is not a random series of events but an expression of a deeper order. It was more than just an intellectual exercise. He also believed synchronicity served a role similar to that of dreams, with the purpose of moving a persons egocentric conscious thinking to a greater wholeness. Einsteins theory of relativity and quantum theory are also interesting, to which Carl Jung also referred. Therefore, as I previously said, Carl Jung would have described the meeting of Ivan Perry and Councillor Andrew Wallis as synchronicity. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 11

9:44am Sat 26 Jul 14

Helston John says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
Now perhaps you would like to explain why you think Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.[/p][/quote]Now perhaps you would like to explain why you think Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence. Helston John
  • Score: 8

9:49am Sat 26 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
Now perhaps you would like to explain why you think Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
i am still waiting for Ron to reply to a question re my comment a while ago now, so if he doesnt reply to you either that will be a coincidence lol
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.[/p][/quote]Now perhaps you would like to explain why you think Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.[/p][/quote]i am still waiting for Ron to reply to a question re my comment a while ago now, so if he doesnt reply to you either that will be a coincidence lol meerkats
  • Score: 6

11:25am Sat 26 Jul 14

Helston John says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Did you study that at school Gill?
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Did you study that at school Gill? Helston John
  • Score: 1

11:28am Sat 26 Jul 14

Helston John says...

meerkats wrote:
Helston John wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
Now perhaps you would like to explain why you think Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
i am still waiting for Ron to reply to a question re my comment a while ago now, so if he doesnt reply to you either that will be a coincidence lol
No that won't be a coincidence, it will just be typical of someone who contradicts others but then is not prepared to actually offer an alternative themselves.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.[/p][/quote]Now perhaps you would like to explain why you think Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.[/p][/quote]i am still waiting for Ron to reply to a question re my comment a while ago now, so if he doesnt reply to you either that will be a coincidence lol[/p][/quote]No that won't be a coincidence, it will just be typical of someone who contradicts others but then is not prepared to actually offer an alternative themselves. Helston John
  • Score: 11

1:06pm Sat 26 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
Philosopher Carl Jung used the word, to describe what he called temporally coincident occurrences of acausal events. He described synchronicity as an acausal connecting principle, meaningful coincidence. It was a principle Carl Jung felt gave evidence for his concepts of archetypes and the collective unconscious. He believed there were parallels between synchronicity and aspects of relativity theory. (Einsteins theory of relativity) his idea was life is not a random series of events but an expression of a deeper order. It was more than just an intellectual exercise. He also believed synchronicity served a role similar to that of dreams, with the purpose of moving a persons egocentric conscious thinking to a greater wholeness. Einsteins theory of relativity and quantum theory are also interesting, to which Carl Jung also referred.
Therefore, as I previously said, Carl Jung would have described the meeting of Ivan Perry and Councillor Andrew Wallis as synchronicity.
Sorry I am wrong. He clearly would of considered to be synchronicity. Thanks for the explanation.
Personally I think it's just a coincidence.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.[/p][/quote]Philosopher Carl Jung used the word, to describe what he called temporally coincident occurrences of acausal events. He described synchronicity as an acausal connecting principle, meaningful coincidence. It was a principle Carl Jung felt gave evidence for his concepts of archetypes and the collective unconscious. He believed there were parallels between synchronicity and aspects of relativity theory. (Einsteins theory of relativity) his idea was life is not a random series of events but an expression of a deeper order. It was more than just an intellectual exercise. He also believed synchronicity served a role similar to that of dreams, with the purpose of moving a persons egocentric conscious thinking to a greater wholeness. Einsteins theory of relativity and quantum theory are also interesting, to which Carl Jung also referred. Therefore, as I previously said, Carl Jung would have described the meeting of Ivan Perry and Councillor Andrew Wallis as synchronicity.[/p][/quote]Sorry I am wrong. He clearly would of considered to be synchronicity. Thanks for the explanation. Personally I think it's just a coincidence. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -3

1:16pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Helston John wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Did you study that at school Gill?
No, I did not go to school at all after the first two years of senior school, due to being physically bullied, that is why I had time to read amongst other things, the theories of relativity and quantum by Einstein, and the philosophies of Carl Jung, which include synchronicity.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Did you study that at school Gill?[/p][/quote]No, I did not go to school at all after the first two years of senior school, due to being physically bullied, that is why I had time to read amongst other things, the theories of relativity and quantum by Einstein, and the philosophies of Carl Jung, which include synchronicity. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 3

1:40pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Helston John says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
Philosopher Carl Jung used the word, to describe what he called temporally coincident occurrences of acausal events. He described synchronicity as an acausal connecting principle, meaningful coincidence. It was a principle Carl Jung felt gave evidence for his concepts of archetypes and the collective unconscious. He believed there were parallels between synchronicity and aspects of relativity theory. (Einsteins theory of relativity) his idea was life is not a random series of events but an expression of a deeper order. It was more than just an intellectual exercise. He also believed synchronicity served a role similar to that of dreams, with the purpose of moving a persons egocentric conscious thinking to a greater wholeness. Einsteins theory of relativity and quantum theory are also interesting, to which Carl Jung also referred.
Therefore, as I previously said, Carl Jung would have described the meeting of Ivan Perry and Councillor Andrew Wallis as synchronicity.
Sorry I am wrong. He clearly would of considered to be synchronicity. Thanks for the explanation.
Personally I think it's just a coincidence.
Lol, a meaningful coincidence, in other words synchronicity. No reply to meerkats original question then?
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.[/p][/quote]Philosopher Carl Jung used the word, to describe what he called temporally coincident occurrences of acausal events. He described synchronicity as an acausal connecting principle, meaningful coincidence. It was a principle Carl Jung felt gave evidence for his concepts of archetypes and the collective unconscious. He believed there were parallels between synchronicity and aspects of relativity theory. (Einsteins theory of relativity) his idea was life is not a random series of events but an expression of a deeper order. It was more than just an intellectual exercise. He also believed synchronicity served a role similar to that of dreams, with the purpose of moving a persons egocentric conscious thinking to a greater wholeness. Einsteins theory of relativity and quantum theory are also interesting, to which Carl Jung also referred. Therefore, as I previously said, Carl Jung would have described the meeting of Ivan Perry and Councillor Andrew Wallis as synchronicity.[/p][/quote]Sorry I am wrong. He clearly would of considered to be synchronicity. Thanks for the explanation. Personally I think it's just a coincidence.[/p][/quote]Lol, a meaningful coincidence, in other words synchronicity. No reply to meerkats original question then? Helston John
  • Score: 8

1:48pm Sat 26 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.
For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -8

1:50pm Sat 26 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Sorry what was meerkat question.
Sorry what was meerkat question. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -6

1:52pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.
Philosopher Carl Jung used the word, to describe what he called temporally coincident occurrences of acausal events. He described synchronicity as an acausal connecting principle, meaningful coincidence. It was a principle Carl Jung felt gave evidence for his concepts of archetypes and the collective unconscious. He believed there were parallels between synchronicity and aspects of relativity theory. (Einsteins theory of relativity) his idea was life is not a random series of events but an expression of a deeper order. It was more than just an intellectual exercise. He also believed synchronicity served a role similar to that of dreams, with the purpose of moving a persons egocentric conscious thinking to a greater wholeness. Einsteins theory of relativity and quantum theory are also interesting, to which Carl Jung also referred.
Therefore, as I previously said, Carl Jung would have described the meeting of Ivan Perry and Councillor Andrew Wallis as synchronicity.
Sorry I am wrong. He clearly would of considered to be synchronicity. Thanks for the explanation.
Personally I think it's just a coincidence.
That is alright Ron, no problem.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Pretty sure Carl Jung would have classed it as a coincidence.[/p][/quote]Philosopher Carl Jung used the word, to describe what he called temporally coincident occurrences of acausal events. He described synchronicity as an acausal connecting principle, meaningful coincidence. It was a principle Carl Jung felt gave evidence for his concepts of archetypes and the collective unconscious. He believed there were parallels between synchronicity and aspects of relativity theory. (Einsteins theory of relativity) his idea was life is not a random series of events but an expression of a deeper order. It was more than just an intellectual exercise. He also believed synchronicity served a role similar to that of dreams, with the purpose of moving a persons egocentric conscious thinking to a greater wholeness. Einsteins theory of relativity and quantum theory are also interesting, to which Carl Jung also referred. Therefore, as I previously said, Carl Jung would have described the meeting of Ivan Perry and Councillor Andrew Wallis as synchronicity.[/p][/quote]Sorry I am wrong. He clearly would of considered to be synchronicity. Thanks for the explanation. Personally I think it's just a coincidence.[/p][/quote]That is alright Ron, no problem. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 10

1:54pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.
No there does not have to be a direct connected event such as you mention for it to be synchronicity.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.[/p][/quote]No there does not have to be a direct connected event such as you mention for it to be synchronicity. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 11

2:28pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.
You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality.
It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations.
For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.[/p][/quote]You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality. It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations. For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 11

2:42pm Sat 26 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Surly synchronicity needs to be more than just coincidence. I would of thought the name suggests otherwise.
Surly synchronicity needs to be more than just coincidence. I would of thought the name suggests otherwise. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -8

2:55pm Sat 26 Jul 14

meerkats says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Sorry what was meerkat question.
Cant remember what the question was now , it was a while ago and i think it may have been Helston John (sorry if i am wrong HJ) that commented on the fact that you didnt reply or offer an explanation.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Sorry what was meerkat question.[/p][/quote]Cant remember what the question was now , it was a while ago and i think it may have been Helston John (sorry if i am wrong HJ) that commented on the fact that you didnt reply or offer an explanation. meerkats
  • Score: 1

2:57pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Helston John says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Sorry what was meerkat question.
Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism?
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Sorry what was meerkat question.[/p][/quote]Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism? Helston John
  • Score: 7

2:58pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Helston John says...

meerkats wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Sorry what was meerkat question.
Cant remember what the question was now , it was a while ago and i think it may have been Helston John (sorry if i am wrong HJ) that commented on the fact that you didnt reply or offer an explanation.
That's perfectly ok, and I remembered your question for you lol
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Sorry what was meerkat question.[/p][/quote]Cant remember what the question was now , it was a while ago and i think it may have been Helston John (sorry if i am wrong HJ) that commented on the fact that you didnt reply or offer an explanation.[/p][/quote]That's perfectly ok, and I remembered your question for you lol Helston John
  • Score: 8

3:03pm Sat 26 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.
You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality.
It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations.
For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply.
So if that's the case would not the councillor needed to of dreamt or at least thought of the gentlemen shortly before there meeting.
If we where to post here at exactly the same time would that be synchronicity for instance.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.[/p][/quote]You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality. It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations. For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply.[/p][/quote]So if that's the case would not the councillor needed to of dreamt or at least thought of the gentlemen shortly before there meeting. If we where to post here at exactly the same time would that be synchronicity for instance. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -5

3:14pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Surly synchronicity needs to be more than just coincidence. I would of thought the name suggests otherwise.
That is whole point of Carl Jungs theory, that synchronicity is not just coincidence as most people would interpret coincidence. Synchronicity is also more likely to occur when ones mind is highly charged.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Surly synchronicity needs to be more than just coincidence. I would of thought the name suggests otherwise.[/p][/quote]That is whole point of Carl Jungs theory, that synchronicity is not just coincidence as most people would interpret coincidence. Synchronicity is also more likely to occur when ones mind is highly charged. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 8

3:20pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.
You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality.
It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations.
For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply.
So if that's the case would not the councillor needed to of dreamt or at least thought of the gentlemen shortly before there meeting.
If we where to post here at exactly the same time would that be synchronicity for instance.
No, no one needed to have dreampt of anyone else for it to be synchronicity. For example you might meet someone you have never met before but meet them now.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.[/p][/quote]You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality. It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations. For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply.[/p][/quote]So if that's the case would not the councillor needed to of dreamt or at least thought of the gentlemen shortly before there meeting. If we where to post here at exactly the same time would that be synchronicity for instance.[/p][/quote]No, no one needed to have dreampt of anyone else for it to be synchronicity. For example you might meet someone you have never met before but meet them now. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 8

3:30pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Synchronicity theory becomes indepth, for example the archetype represents psychic probability and when you delve into psychicness and ESP, it opens up a whole new ball game. Shall we move onto quantum physics, we could discuss why an atom is made up of protons neutrons and electrons. Ivan Perry discussed bus stops with Councillor Andrew Wallis whilst in London, today the article is on the website about the long awaited Helston bus stops, now that is a coincidence or is it lol.
Synchronicity theory becomes indepth, for example the archetype represents psychic probability and when you delve into psychicness and ESP, it opens up a whole new ball game. Shall we move onto quantum physics, we could discuss why an atom is made up of protons neutrons and electrons. Ivan Perry discussed bus stops with Councillor Andrew Wallis whilst in London, today the article is on the website about the long awaited Helston bus stops, now that is a coincidence or is it lol. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 9

4:07pm Sat 26 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
meerkats wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Sorry what was meerkat question.
Cant remember what the question was now , it was a while ago and i think it may have been Helston John (sorry if i am wrong HJ) that commented on the fact that you didnt reply or offer an explanation.
That's perfectly ok, and I remembered your question for you lol
Well done and thanks , i can stop trying to remember now.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Sorry what was meerkat question.[/p][/quote]Cant remember what the question was now , it was a while ago and i think it may have been Helston John (sorry if i am wrong HJ) that commented on the fact that you didnt reply or offer an explanation.[/p][/quote]That's perfectly ok, and I remembered your question for you lol[/p][/quote]Well done and thanks , i can stop trying to remember now. meerkats
  • Score: 4

4:13pm Sat 26 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.
You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality.
It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations.
For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply.
So if that's the case would not the councillor needed to of dreamt or at least thought of the gentlemen shortly before there meeting.
If we where to post here at exactly the same time would that be synchronicity for instance.
No, no one needed to have dreampt of anyone else for it to be synchronicity. For example you might meet someone you have never met before but meet them now.
cant imagine the two gentlemen would be dreaming of each other lol
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.[/p][/quote]You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality. It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations. For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply.[/p][/quote]So if that's the case would not the councillor needed to of dreamt or at least thought of the gentlemen shortly before there meeting. If we where to post here at exactly the same time would that be synchronicity for instance.[/p][/quote]No, no one needed to have dreampt of anyone else for it to be synchronicity. For example you might meet someone you have never met before but meet them now.[/p][/quote]cant imagine the two gentlemen would be dreaming of each other lol meerkats
  • Score: 7

4:27pm Sat 26 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Helston John wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Sorry what was meerkat question.
Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism?
I think I said it was in my opinion the lolly condom part was neither interesting or funny.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Sorry what was meerkat question.[/p][/quote]Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism?[/p][/quote]I think I said it was in my opinion the lolly condom part was neither interesting or funny. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 1

4:45pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Helston John wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Sorry what was meerkat question.
Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism?
I think I said it was in my opinion the lolly condom part was neither interesting or funny.
Your comment was "it would seem having checked with the councillors rambling blog it does look like the story has originated there. To me poor journalism" to which meerkats replied "why do you see it as poor journalism Ron?"
Its on the article retiring head of Helston college looks back at time in charge. I remember it clearly because of the derogatory comments on that article.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Sorry what was meerkat question.[/p][/quote]Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism?[/p][/quote]I think I said it was in my opinion the lolly condom part was neither interesting or funny.[/p][/quote]Your comment was "it would seem having checked with the councillors rambling blog it does look like the story has originated there. To me poor journalism" to which meerkats replied "why do you see it as poor journalism Ron?" Its on the article retiring head of Helston college looks back at time in charge. I remember it clearly because of the derogatory comments on that article. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 3

4:45pm Sat 26 Jul 14

meerkats says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Helston John wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Sorry what was meerkat question.
Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism?
I think I said it was in my opinion the lolly condom part was neither interesting or funny.
but that didnt explain why you thought it was por journalism . just because you didnt think it was funny. or interesting
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Sorry what was meerkat question.[/p][/quote]Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism?[/p][/quote]I think I said it was in my opinion the lolly condom part was neither interesting or funny.[/p][/quote]but that didnt explain why you thought it was por journalism . just because you didnt think it was funny. or interesting meerkats
  • Score: 5

4:46pm Sat 26 Jul 14

meerkats says...

poor not por , more haste less speed
poor not por , more haste less speed meerkats
  • Score: 4

4:52pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

meerkats wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.
You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality.
It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations.
For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply.
So if that's the case would not the councillor needed to of dreamt or at least thought of the gentlemen shortly before there meeting.
If we where to post here at exactly the same time would that be synchronicity for instance.
No, no one needed to have dreampt of anyone else for it to be synchronicity. For example you might meet someone you have never met before but meet them now.
cant imagine the two gentlemen would be dreaming of each other lol
Lol, Ivan Perry might have been dreaming about bus stops lol.

I dream of people I have never met, that is just my subconscious wishful thinking lol.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.[/p][/quote]You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality. It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations. For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply.[/p][/quote]So if that's the case would not the councillor needed to of dreamt or at least thought of the gentlemen shortly before there meeting. If we where to post here at exactly the same time would that be synchronicity for instance.[/p][/quote]No, no one needed to have dreampt of anyone else for it to be synchronicity. For example you might meet someone you have never met before but meet them now.[/p][/quote]cant imagine the two gentlemen would be dreaming of each other lol[/p][/quote]Lol, Ivan Perry might have been dreaming about bus stops lol. I dream of people I have never met, that is just my subconscious wishful thinking lol. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 9

4:52pm Sat 26 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Helston John wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Sorry what was meerkat question.
Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism?
I think I said it was in my opinion the lolly condom part was neither interesting or funny.
Your comment was "it would seem having checked with the councillors rambling blog it does look like the story has originated there. To me poor journalism" to which meerkats replied "why do you see it as poor journalism Ron?"
Its on the article retiring head of Helston college looks back at time in charge. I remember it clearly because of the derogatory comments on that article.
Thanks Gill , in that case Ron my comment above is not relevant and it iwas to do with what Gill has just commented.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Sorry what was meerkat question.[/p][/quote]Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism?[/p][/quote]I think I said it was in my opinion the lolly condom part was neither interesting or funny.[/p][/quote]Your comment was "it would seem having checked with the councillors rambling blog it does look like the story has originated there. To me poor journalism" to which meerkats replied "why do you see it as poor journalism Ron?" Its on the article retiring head of Helston college looks back at time in charge. I remember it clearly because of the derogatory comments on that article.[/p][/quote]Thanks Gill , in that case Ron my comment above is not relevant and it iwas to do with what Gill has just commented. meerkats
  • Score: 5

4:54pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

meerkats wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Helston John wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Sorry what was meerkat question.
Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism?
I think I said it was in my opinion the lolly condom part was neither interesting or funny.
but that didnt explain why you thought it was por journalism . just because you didnt think it was funny. or interesting
Ah, synchronicity, look at the timing of our comments lol
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Sorry what was meerkat question.[/p][/quote]Meerkats question was why did you think the lollipop story was poor journalism?[/p][/quote]I think I said it was in my opinion the lolly condom part was neither interesting or funny.[/p][/quote]but that didnt explain why you thought it was por journalism . just because you didnt think it was funny. or interesting[/p][/quote]Ah, synchronicity, look at the timing of our comments lol Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 7

5:17pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Helston John says...

You both posted at the same time because you were both thinking of Ron at the same time, isn't that sweet lol
You both posted at the same time because you were both thinking of Ron at the same time, isn't that sweet lol Helston John
  • Score: 7

5:47pm Sat 26 Jul 14

ereinoesyou says...

couple of things,

1 how is this news?
2 how the hell did it get 30+ comments on it
3 who cares?
and 4 why cant everyone in helston just get along?
couple of things, 1 how is this news? 2 how the hell did it get 30+ comments on it 3 who cares? and 4 why cant everyone in helston just get along? ereinoesyou
  • Score: -25

6:16pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Helston John says...

ereinoesyou wrote:
couple of things,

1 how is this news?
2 how the hell did it get 30+ comments on it
3 who cares?
and 4 why cant everyone in helston just get along?
Most people in Helston do get on, where is the relevance to that on this article? and where is your relevant comment to the article? Stop trying to incite an argument because no one else on here was arguing. If Ron and others want to debate about whatever they like they can. The only time I've seen your user name in the past I think it was to incite argument.
[quote][p][bold]ereinoesyou[/bold] wrote: couple of things, 1 how is this news? 2 how the hell did it get 30+ comments on it 3 who cares? and 4 why cant everyone in helston just get along?[/p][/quote]Most people in Helston do get on, where is the relevance to that on this article? and where is your relevant comment to the article? Stop trying to incite an argument because no one else on here was arguing. If Ron and others want to debate about whatever they like they can. The only time I've seen your user name in the past I think it was to incite argument. Helston John
  • Score: 14

6:49pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

ereinoesyou wrote:
couple of things,

1 how is this news?
2 how the hell did it get 30+ comments on it
3 who cares?
and 4 why cant everyone in helston just get along?
It is news because it involves a local councillor and a well known local member of the public, and is interesting to those who know of these people. It was after all, in the Helston Packet. I was interested to read it.
I would think a good majority of people in Helston get on with each other, I know I do not have a problem with anyone.
The amount of comments vary on many articles and no one is obliged to read them or the news articles.
[quote][p][bold]ereinoesyou[/bold] wrote: couple of things, 1 how is this news? 2 how the hell did it get 30+ comments on it 3 who cares? and 4 why cant everyone in helston just get along?[/p][/quote]It is news because it involves a local councillor and a well known local member of the public, and is interesting to those who know of these people. It was after all, in the Helston Packet. I was interested to read it. I would think a good majority of people in Helston get on with each other, I know I do not have a problem with anyone. The amount of comments vary on many articles and no one is obliged to read them or the news articles. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 15

6:51pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Peter Falmouth wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Youre saying then they have bad memories? I think wallis has because he forgets to do his council work.
No I am not saying they have bad memories at all. Councillor Andrew Wallis never forgets to do his council work.
[quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Youre saying then they have bad memories? I think wallis has because he forgets to do his council work.[/p][/quote]No I am not saying they have bad memories at all. Councillor Andrew Wallis never forgets to do his council work. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 13

7:36pm Sat 26 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Peter Falmouth wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Helston John wrote:
meerkats wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Sorry what was meerkat question.
Cant remember what the question was now , it was a while ago and i think it may have been Helston John (sorry if i am wrong HJ) that commented on the fact that you didnt reply or offer an explanation.
That's perfectly ok, and I remembered your question for you lol
Well done and thanks , i can stop trying to remember now.
Have you got a bad memory?
Not usually ,but it was a while ago and i have commented on many items since then.
[quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Sorry what was meerkat question.[/p][/quote]Cant remember what the question was now , it was a while ago and i think it may have been Helston John (sorry if i am wrong HJ) that commented on the fact that you didnt reply or offer an explanation.[/p][/quote]That's perfectly ok, and I remembered your question for you lol[/p][/quote]Well done and thanks , i can stop trying to remember now.[/p][/quote]Have you got a bad memory?[/p][/quote]Not usually ,but it was a while ago and i have commented on many items since then. meerkats
  • Score: 10

7:43pm Sat 26 Jul 14

meerkats says...

ereinoesyou wrote:
couple of things,

1 how is this news?
2 how the hell did it get 30+ comments on it
3 who cares?
and 4 why cant everyone in helston just get along?
A couple is usually two ,you have said 4 things. Yes it is news and out of 30+comments yours is the only one that is argumentative and irrelevant. Most people in Helston do get along , Just because you dont care doesnt mean that others dont , you didnt have to read the article .
[quote][p][bold]ereinoesyou[/bold] wrote: couple of things, 1 how is this news? 2 how the hell did it get 30+ comments on it 3 who cares? and 4 why cant everyone in helston just get along?[/p][/quote]A couple is usually two ,you have said 4 things. Yes it is news and out of 30+comments yours is the only one that is argumentative and irrelevant. Most people in Helston do get along , Just because you dont care doesnt mean that others dont , you didnt have to read the article . meerkats
  • Score: 7

7:49pm Sat 26 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
Peter Falmouth wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity.

They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.
Youre saying then they have bad memories? I think wallis has because he forgets to do his council work.
No I am not saying they have bad memories at all. Councillor Andrew Wallis never forgets to do his council work.
Well said Gill
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: The philosopher Carl Jung would have classed it as synchronicity. They are welcome to visit London, just as long as they both remember they belong in Cornwall.[/p][/quote]Youre saying then they have bad memories? I think wallis has because he forgets to do his council work.[/p][/quote]No I am not saying they have bad memories at all. Councillor Andrew Wallis never forgets to do his council work.[/p][/quote]Well said Gill meerkats
  • Score: 7

8:29pm Sat 26 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.
You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality.
It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations.
For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply.
So if that's the case would not the councillor needed to of dreamt or at least thought of the gentlemen shortly before there meeting.
If we where to post here at exactly the same time would that be synchronicity for instance.
No, no one needed to have dreampt of anyone else for it to be synchronicity. For example you might meet someone you have never met before but meet them now.
cant imagine the two gentlemen would be dreaming of each other lol
Lol, Ivan Perry might have been dreaming about bus stops lol.

I dream of people I have never met, that is just my subconscious wishful thinking lol.
I dream about meeting a lot of people but they never come true !lol
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: For it to be synchronicity would not a connected event need to have happened. For instance someone you have seeking or discussing appears unexpectedly or perhaps a book you are seeking falls from the shelf. Simply meeting someone unexpectedly would not qualify as synchronicity.[/p][/quote]You are wrong to state it would not qualify as synchronicity, Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity is applied to single seemingly unconnected events or people at the time, or it can be applied to seriality. It is paradoxical that physicists are now obliged to tell psychologists they must not eliminate the unconscious in their statistical investigations. In the same way you cannot disregard Carl Jung's acausal connecting principle. Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer situations. For Ivan Perry to meet Councillor Andrew Wallis in London, does not necessarily mean he thought he needed to speak to him or see him, for synchronicity to apply.[/p][/quote]So if that's the case would not the councillor needed to of dreamt or at least thought of the gentlemen shortly before there meeting. If we where to post here at exactly the same time would that be synchronicity for instance.[/p][/quote]No, no one needed to have dreampt of anyone else for it to be synchronicity. For example you might meet someone you have never met before but meet them now.[/p][/quote]cant imagine the two gentlemen would be dreaming of each other lol[/p][/quote]Lol, Ivan Perry might have been dreaming about bus stops lol. I dream of people I have never met, that is just my subconscious wishful thinking lol.[/p][/quote]I dream about meeting a lot of people but they never come true !lol meerkats
  • Score: 5

11:19pm Sat 26 Jul 14

helztonboy says...

next weeks headline:
"it's a mad mad mad mad world"
A Cllr gets stuck in a traffic jam and then nothing much happens to do with the title of the film, but at least he gets in the papers again!
next weeks headline: "it's a mad mad mad mad world" A Cllr gets stuck in a traffic jam and then nothing much happens to do with the title of the film, but at least he gets in the papers again! helztonboy
  • Score: -24

6:14am Sun 27 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

helztonboy wrote:
next weeks headline:
"it's a mad mad mad mad world"
A Cllr gets stuck in a traffic jam and then nothing much happens to do with the title of the film, but at least he gets in the papers again!
Councillor Andrew Wallis does not ask to be featured in the paper at any time, nor does he seek publicity, the picture I notice, is of Ivan Perry only.
As you are probably aware, it is a journalists job to seek out any news of local interest for a local paper. Ivan Perry attends the Helston Town Council meetings as a member of the public, as I very often do, and so do the press, I therefore suggest the story may have been picked up from there.
[quote][p][bold]helztonboy[/bold] wrote: next weeks headline: "it's a mad mad mad mad world" A Cllr gets stuck in a traffic jam and then nothing much happens to do with the title of the film, but at least he gets in the papers again![/p][/quote]Councillor Andrew Wallis does not ask to be featured in the paper at any time, nor does he seek publicity, the picture I notice, is of Ivan Perry only. As you are probably aware, it is a journalists job to seek out any news of local interest for a local paper. Ivan Perry attends the Helston Town Council meetings as a member of the public, as I very often do, and so do the press, I therefore suggest the story may have been picked up from there. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 12

6:37am Sun 27 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

helztonboy wrote:
next weeks headline:
"it's a mad mad mad mad world"
A Cllr gets stuck in a traffic jam and then nothing much happens to do with the title of the film, but at least he gets in the papers again!
Incidentally, why would Councillor Andrew Wallis need to seek publicity? I find it strange that some people appear to object to good publicity about someone, but never seem to mind if someone gets bad publicity!
He is an excellent councillor that was re elected by a very high majority of votes, he therefore must be doing something right!
[quote][p][bold]helztonboy[/bold] wrote: next weeks headline: "it's a mad mad mad mad world" A Cllr gets stuck in a traffic jam and then nothing much happens to do with the title of the film, but at least he gets in the papers again![/p][/quote]Incidentally, why would Councillor Andrew Wallis need to seek publicity? I find it strange that some people appear to object to good publicity about someone, but never seem to mind if someone gets bad publicity! He is an excellent councillor that was re elected by a very high majority of votes, he therefore must be doing something right! Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 10

7:21am Sun 27 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Would of been a better story had they been in a gin joint and not as seems a bus stop in London.
I watched Jimmy Carr on tv one evening and the next morning almost bumped into him at Gatwick airport, synchronicity.
Would of been a better story had they been in a gin joint and not as seems a bus stop in London. I watched Jimmy Carr on tv one evening and the next morning almost bumped into him at Gatwick airport, synchronicity. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 10

8:15am Sun 27 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Would of been a better story had they been in a gin joint and not as seems a bus stop in London.
I watched Jimmy Carr on tv one evening and the next morning almost bumped into him at Gatwick airport, synchronicity.
I would have thought you were right, Ron, lol.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: Would of been a better story had they been in a gin joint and not as seems a bus stop in London. I watched Jimmy Carr on tv one evening and the next morning almost bumped into him at Gatwick airport, synchronicity.[/p][/quote]I would have thought you were right, Ron, lol. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 9

10:18am Sun 27 Jul 14

telstar1962 says...

Lets hope Mr Wallis reads all these comments

Very interesting, educational and informative Gillian. Thank you.
Lets hope Mr Wallis reads all these comments Very interesting, educational and informative Gillian. Thank you. telstar1962
  • Score: 12

10:58am Sun 27 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

telstar1962 wrote:
Lets hope Mr Wallis reads all these comments

Very interesting, educational and informative Gillian. Thank you.
I agree I shall look into synchronicity more when I get a free evening and hopefully aquire a better understanding.
Thanks Gill.
[quote][p][bold]telstar1962[/bold] wrote: Lets hope Mr Wallis reads all these comments Very interesting, educational and informative Gillian. Thank you.[/p][/quote]I agree I shall look into synchronicity more when I get a free evening and hopefully aquire a better understanding. Thanks Gill. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 11

7:20pm Sun 27 Jul 14

telstar1962 says...

Ex-Councillor writes garbage on a newspaper web-site

Now, that's really new and original
Ex-Councillor writes garbage on a newspaper web-site Now, that's really new and original telstar1962
  • Score: 9

8:57pm Sun 27 Jul 14

Jirakitt says...

Peter Falmouth is god. Do not question him. He knows what's best for you, me and everyone on this his planet. Bow down for his greatness and all powering sir peter. 'You moronic idiots, I used to be a councillor'
Peter Falmouth is god. Do not question him. He knows what's best for you, me and everyone on this his planet. Bow down for his greatness and all powering sir peter. 'You moronic idiots, I used to be a councillor' Jirakitt
  • Score: 5

9:13pm Sun 27 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Peter Falmouth wrote:
I've contacted Mr Wallis and he said he wants an apology from Gill on here.

And I want an apology from telstar because I don't write garbage.
i want an apology from you as you are wrong in saying i read the comments straightaway and give you thumbs up.
[quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: I've contacted Mr Wallis and he said he wants an apology from Gill on here. And I want an apology from telstar because I don't write garbage.[/p][/quote]i want an apology from you as you are wrong in saying i read the comments straightaway and give you thumbs up. meerkats
  • Score: 2

10:59pm Sun 27 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Peter Falmouth wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Peter Falmouth wrote:
I've contacted Mr Wallis and he said he wants an apology from Gill on here.

And I want an apology from telstar because I don't write garbage.
i want an apology from you as you are wrong in saying i read the comments straightaway and give you thumbs up.
I'm not apologising to you, you can't prove you don't thumb up my comments, and obviously your going to say you don't.
Who cares. Certainly not me but it would be interesting to know where the stories originated as the first one declared Councillor Wallace as man of the moment for confusing a condom with a Lolly which is fine if that came from a packet correspondent but otherwise strange.
Looking forward to part three.
[quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: I've contacted Mr Wallis and he said he wants an apology from Gill on here. And I want an apology from telstar because I don't write garbage.[/p][/quote]i want an apology from you as you are wrong in saying i read the comments straightaway and give you thumbs up.[/p][/quote]I'm not apologising to you, you can't prove you don't thumb up my comments, and obviously your going to say you don't.[/p][/quote]Who cares. Certainly not me but it would be interesting to know where the stories originated as the first one declared Councillor Wallace as man of the moment for confusing a condom with a Lolly which is fine if that came from a packet correspondent but otherwise strange. Looking forward to part three. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: -2

6:33am Mon 28 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

telstar1962 wrote:
Lets hope Mr Wallis reads all these comments

Very interesting, educational and informative Gillian. Thank you.
Thank you.
[quote][p][bold]telstar1962[/bold] wrote: Lets hope Mr Wallis reads all these comments Very interesting, educational and informative Gillian. Thank you.[/p][/quote]Thank you. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 4

6:35am Mon 28 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Peter Falmouth wrote:
If you don't apologise on here Gill to Mr Wallis he will make you regret it.
Peter Falmouth, I am not apologizing for my posts because I do not believe I have posted anything wrong. Anyone is of course entitled to use the 'report this post' link if they so wish.
[quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: If you don't apologise on here Gill to Mr Wallis he will make you regret it.[/p][/quote]Peter Falmouth, I am not apologizing for my posts because I do not believe I have posted anything wrong. Anyone is of course entitled to use the 'report this post' link if they so wish. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 5

6:43am Mon 28 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Ron, I suggest the news articles on Councillor Andrew Wallis are taken from his blog, and additionally obtained from council meetings that are open to the public and press. It does not matter how they are obtained, they all hold an interest to the public.
I stand by my original post, councillor Andrew Wallis does not seek publicity and does not go "running to the press".
Ron, I suggest the news articles on Councillor Andrew Wallis are taken from his blog, and additionally obtained from council meetings that are open to the public and press. It does not matter how they are obtained, they all hold an interest to the public. I stand by my original post, councillor Andrew Wallis does not seek publicity and does not go "running to the press". Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 8

7:36am Mon 28 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
Ron, I suggest the news articles on Councillor Andrew Wallis are taken from his blog, and additionally obtained from council meetings that are open to the public and press. It does not matter how they are obtained, they all hold an interest to the public.
I stand by my original post, councillor Andrew Wallis does not seek publicity and does not go "running to the press".
I totally agree with you , and like you think he is an excellent Cllr
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: Ron, I suggest the news articles on Councillor Andrew Wallis are taken from his blog, and additionally obtained from council meetings that are open to the public and press. It does not matter how they are obtained, they all hold an interest to the public. I stand by my original post, councillor Andrew Wallis does not seek publicity and does not go "running to the press".[/p][/quote]I totally agree with you , and like you think he is an excellent Cllr meerkats
  • Score: 6

7:41am Mon 28 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Peter Falmouth wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Peter Falmouth wrote:
I've contacted Mr Wallis and he said he wants an apology from Gill on here.

And I want an apology from telstar because I don't write garbage.
i want an apology from you as you are wrong in saying i read the comments straightaway and give you thumbs up.
I'm not apologising to you, you can't prove you don't thumb up my comments, and obviously your going to say you don't.
i seldom thumb comments up or down as i cant be bothered with it , but when i do thums up its only the comments that are well written and interesting unlike yours which are usually rude and disrespectful. i dont have to prove anything to you .
[quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: I've contacted Mr Wallis and he said he wants an apology from Gill on here. And I want an apology from telstar because I don't write garbage.[/p][/quote]i want an apology from you as you are wrong in saying i read the comments straightaway and give you thumbs up.[/p][/quote]I'm not apologising to you, you can't prove you don't thumb up my comments, and obviously your going to say you don't.[/p][/quote]i seldom thumb comments up or down as i cant be bothered with it , but when i do thums up its only the comments that are well written and interesting unlike yours which are usually rude and disrespectful. i dont have to prove anything to you . meerkats
  • Score: 4

7:44am Mon 28 Jul 14

meerkats says...

should have said thumbs , not thums
should have said thumbs , not thums meerkats
  • Score: 3

8:20am Mon 28 Jul 14

telstar1962 says...

thumbs down, mearkats

bad spelling
thumbs down, mearkats bad spelling telstar1962
  • Score: 5

10:49am Mon 28 Jul 14

meerkats says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Peter Falmouth wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Peter Falmouth wrote:
I've contacted Mr Wallis and he said he wants an apology from Gill on here.

And I want an apology from telstar because I don't write garbage.
i want an apology from you as you are wrong in saying i read the comments straightaway and give you thumbs up.
I'm not apologising to you, you can't prove you don't thumb up my comments, and obviously your going to say you don't.
Who cares. Certainly not me but it would be interesting to know where the stories originated as the first one declared Councillor Wallace as man of the moment for confusing a condom with a Lolly which is fine if that came from a packet correspondent but otherwise strange.
Looking forward to part three.
Ron , i know you are not a fan of Cllr Wallis but please give him the decency of spelling his name correctly , nearly everytime you spell it wrong and as it is mentioned in the article and many comments it should be easy enough to copy.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: I've contacted Mr Wallis and he said he wants an apology from Gill on here. And I want an apology from telstar because I don't write garbage.[/p][/quote]i want an apology from you as you are wrong in saying i read the comments straightaway and give you thumbs up.[/p][/quote]I'm not apologising to you, you can't prove you don't thumb up my comments, and obviously your going to say you don't.[/p][/quote]Who cares. Certainly not me but it would be interesting to know where the stories originated as the first one declared Councillor Wallace as man of the moment for confusing a condom with a Lolly which is fine if that came from a packet correspondent but otherwise strange. Looking forward to part three.[/p][/quote]Ron , i know you are not a fan of Cllr Wallis but please give him the decency of spelling his name correctly , nearly everytime you spell it wrong and as it is mentioned in the article and many comments it should be easy enough to copy. meerkats
  • Score: 7

10:57am Mon 28 Jul 14

Helston John says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Peter Falmouth wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Peter Falmouth wrote:
I've contacted Mr Wallis and he said he wants an apology from Gill on here.

And I want an apology from telstar because I don't write garbage.
i want an apology from you as you are wrong in saying i read the comments straightaway and give you thumbs up.
I'm not apologising to you, you can't prove you don't thumb up my comments, and obviously your going to say you don't.
Who cares. Certainly not me but it would be interesting to know where the stories originated as the first one declared Councillor Wallace as man of the moment for confusing a condom with a Lolly which is fine if that came from a packet correspondent but otherwise strange.
Looking forward to part three.
Ron, they did not declare Cllr Wallis as man of the moment in the other article and why do you persistently refer back to it. Gill has told you and Foulmouth Peter, that all the stories about Cllr Wallis are taken from his blog or council meetings so why don't you just accept that.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Peter Falmouth[/bold] wrote: I've contacted Mr Wallis and he said he wants an apology from Gill on here. And I want an apology from telstar because I don't write garbage.[/p][/quote]i want an apology from you as you are wrong in saying i read the comments straightaway and give you thumbs up.[/p][/quote]I'm not apologising to you, you can't prove you don't thumb up my comments, and obviously your going to say you don't.[/p][/quote]Who cares. Certainly not me but it would be interesting to know where the stories originated as the first one declared Councillor Wallace as man of the moment for confusing a condom with a Lolly which is fine if that came from a packet correspondent but otherwise strange. Looking forward to part three.[/p][/quote]Ron, they did not declare Cllr Wallis as man of the moment in the other article and why do you persistently refer back to it. Gill has told you and Foulmouth Peter, that all the stories about Cllr Wallis are taken from his blog or council meetings so why don't you just accept that. Helston John
  • Score: 5

12:48pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Claudius says...

telstar1962 wrote:
thumbs down, mearkats

bad spelling
Thumbs down telstar 'meerkats' not 'mearkats'....bad spelling.
[quote][p][bold]telstar1962[/bold] wrote: thumbs down, mearkats bad spelling[/p][/quote]Thumbs down telstar 'meerkats' not 'mearkats'....bad spelling. Claudius
  • Score: 3

12:57pm Mon 28 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Claudius wrote:
telstar1962 wrote:
thumbs down, mearkats

bad spelling
Thumbs down telstar 'meerkats' not 'mearkats'....bad spelling.
well spotted i hadnt noticed that.
[quote][p][bold]Claudius[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]telstar1962[/bold] wrote: thumbs down, mearkats bad spelling[/p][/quote]Thumbs down telstar 'meerkats' not 'mearkats'....bad spelling.[/p][/quote]well spotted i hadnt noticed that. meerkats
  • Score: 1

1:19pm Mon 28 Jul 14

telstar1962 says...

Bad spelling Claudia, it's telstar1962 (year of my birth)
Bad spelling Claudia, it's telstar1962 (year of my birth) telstar1962
  • Score: 5

1:48pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

meerkats wrote:
Claudius wrote:
telstar1962 wrote:
thumbs down, mearkats

bad spelling
Thumbs down telstar 'meerkats' not 'mearkats'....bad spelling.
well spotted i hadnt noticed that.
I noticed it but I never point out people's spelling or grammar mistakes publicly, unless for a specific constructive reason. I also make enough mistakes of my own.
I completely agree with you pointing out for example, Rons incorrect spelling of Councillor Wallis, because this is in my view a repeated unnecessary mistake.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Claudius[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]telstar1962[/bold] wrote: thumbs down, mearkats bad spelling[/p][/quote]Thumbs down telstar 'meerkats' not 'mearkats'....bad spelling.[/p][/quote]well spotted i hadnt noticed that.[/p][/quote]I noticed it but I never point out people's spelling or grammar mistakes publicly, unless for a specific constructive reason. I also make enough mistakes of my own. I completely agree with you pointing out for example, Rons incorrect spelling of Councillor Wallis, because this is in my view a repeated unnecessary mistake. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 5

2:06pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

telstar1962 wrote:
Bad spelling Claudia, it's telstar1962 (year of my birth)
Coincidentally the year that Arthur was installed at Goonhilly lol
[quote][p][bold]telstar1962[/bold] wrote: Bad spelling Claudia, it's telstar1962 (year of my birth)[/p][/quote]Coincidentally the year that Arthur was installed at Goonhilly lol Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 4

5:04pm Mon 28 Jul 14

telstar1962 says...

And weighing in at 1200 tonnes, I look good for my age !
And weighing in at 1200 tonnes, I look good for my age ! telstar1962
  • Score: 5

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree