Pilot that crash landed at Air Day universally praised for averting disaster

Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown, the Royal Navy's most decorated and distinguished naval test pilot, called the landing a 'pretty amazing piece of flying'

Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown, the Royal Navy's most decorated and distinguished naval test pilot, called the landing a 'pretty amazing piece of flying'

First published in News

A pilot who was forced to crash land his historic aeroplane at Culdrose Air Day when it developed a fault has been universally praised for his skills and quick thinking, including from the Royal Navy's most decorated and distinguished naval test pilot.

Lieutenant Commander Chris Götke, commanding officer of the Royal Naval Historic Flight and an experienced pilot, was coming towards the end of his flying display in a Sea Fury when he was forced to ditch the half-century old aircraft.

It made for a dramatic end to the day last Thursday and led to the cancellation of the remaining flying display programme.

The first point onlookers became aware that something was wrong was when smoke started billowing from the plane - which is not fitted with smoke and therefore clearly not part of the display.

Lt Cdr Götke then attempted to bring down the landing gear, but only one wheel was visible.

As the plane neared the ground the second wheel could be seen coming out, but did not lock and the undercarriage gave way.

The plane could be seen first hitting the runway and bouncing, before it skidded off to the side onto the grass.

His actions received widespread praise, including from the Fly Navy Heritage Trust which owns the plane and said on its website: “Lt Cdr Götke's quick thinking and skilful handling of a complex and potentially highly dangerous situation averted disaster, not only putting the aircraft on the ground safely and avoiding injury to the 33,000 crowd but undoubtedly saving the aircraft as well as himself.”

Commodore Bill Covington, a trustee of the trust, said Lt Cdr Götke had initially thought to land in a nearby field, but realising he did not have enough power to make it he exercised “super judgement” in landing on the runway as soon as possible.

It also caught the eye of Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown, the Royal Navy's most decorated and distinguished naval test pilot, who was photographed with Lt Cdr Götke shortly before he left for RNAS Culdrose.

Cpt Brown said: “It was a pretty amazing piece of flying. There couldn't have been a better person at the controls and the entire Fleet Air Arm community salutes him!”

Aviation photographer Graham Spiller, who saw the incident unfold, said: “There was a stunned silence when it became obvious to the non-aviation audience that something was wrong.

“You see an aircraft trailing smoke at an air show and that's what they do; however when you know that aircraft is not fitted with a smoke system you know there's a problem.”

He said in that situation there had been potential harm to the pilot “if it does go horribly, horribly wrong”, but added: “But a pilot that experienced, you would expect them to be able to cope with that.”

Fortunately Lt Cdr Götke appeared unharmed by the incident, getting out of the plane unaided.

Another witness said the pilot did “a really cool job” of landing, adding that the plane came down “beautifully smoothly” despite the emergency situation.

Culdrose fire crews raced to the abandoned plane, while a search and rescue Sea King - which was already airborne, ready for the next flying sequence - circled overhead ready to be called into action if required.

The commentator explained to the watching crowd that the pilot had called in a problem to air traffic control and asked for a precautionary landing.

The incident put an end to the flying display, with anyone who captured the incident on a camera asked to give their details to Culdrose before they left.

An inquiry has been launched, including by the Civil Aviation Authority.

A Royal Navy spokesperson said: “We can confirm that an historic display aircraft at the Royal Naval Air Station Culdrose's Air Day has carried out an unplanned but controlled landing.

“There are no injuries to the Royal Navy pilot nor to any members of the public in attendance.

“All relevant organisations have been informed and the investigation process has been initiated so it would be inappropriate to comment further.”

The Sea Fury was a naval fighter plane, built by Hawker between 1945 and 1955, and saw service in the Korean War.

They were retired by the Navy in 1955, with the introduction of jet powered aircraft, although they continued to be used by other air-forces including Pakistan up until 1960.

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:32pm Thu 7 Aug 14

Helston John says...

I would have praised him if he hadn't brought the obviously badly maintained ancient thing to the air show and put a halt to all the other flying activity that people had paid to see.
I would have praised him if he hadn't brought the obviously badly maintained ancient thing to the air show and put a halt to all the other flying activity that people had paid to see. Helston John
  • Score: -11

12:37pm Sun 10 Aug 14

Bobbster says...

First all these aircraft are maintained by first class engineers and would not be airbourne unless they are fully serviceable to fly. However malfunctions do happen occasionally. I was at the show and witnessed the incident, the pilot did a superb job to recover the aircraft, and as a result of the incident the remainder of the flying was cancelled understandably due to flight safety reasons etc. Only the final display of the day was missed. Again well done to the Pilot
First all these aircraft are maintained by first class engineers and would not be airbourne unless they are fully serviceable to fly. However malfunctions do happen occasionally. I was at the show and witnessed the incident, the pilot did a superb job to recover the aircraft, and as a result of the incident the remainder of the flying was cancelled understandably due to flight safety reasons etc. Only the final display of the day was missed. Again well done to the Pilot Bobbster
  • Score: -3

1:51pm Sun 10 Aug 14

Helston John says...

Yeah I was there as well, and it doesn't stop the point that it could have ended in disaster. Malfunctions should not be allowed to happen when public are paying, neither should the public be put at risk. They were just lucky this time, but it shouldn't be down to luck.
Yeah I was there as well, and it doesn't stop the point that it could have ended in disaster. Malfunctions should not be allowed to happen when public are paying, neither should the public be put at risk. They were just lucky this time, but it shouldn't be down to luck. Helston John
  • Score: -11

9:06pm Sun 10 Aug 14

Bobbster says...

Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying??????
Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying?????? Bobbster
  • Score: -6

9:46am Tue 12 Aug 14

Helston John says...

Bobbster wrote:
Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying??????
Not the point, people pay through the nose for air day, why put the public at risk with ancient planes, they could have a perfectly good air day and flying display without dragging planes out of the fifties. Of course unforeseen things happen in every day military flying but the public are paying a hefty fee for this. It's bad enough when weather conditions cancel flying but they get a year with good weather and it still caused cancellations. We put up with Culdrose droning around non stop all day in Helston during the year why don't they fly off somewhere else for a change, they get rid of a load of naval personnel claiming financial cutbacks then seem to take more on and constantly have to train them up flying. They should get rid of Culdrose and put housing there or a reservoir.

Hello meerkats.
[quote][p][bold]Bobbster[/bold] wrote: Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying??????[/p][/quote]Not the point, people pay through the nose for air day, why put the public at risk with ancient planes, they could have a perfectly good air day and flying display without dragging planes out of the fifties. Of course unforeseen things happen in every day military flying but the public are paying a hefty fee for this. It's bad enough when weather conditions cancel flying but they get a year with good weather and it still caused cancellations. We put up with Culdrose droning around non stop all day in Helston during the year why don't they fly off somewhere else for a change, they get rid of a load of naval personnel claiming financial cutbacks then seem to take more on and constantly have to train them up flying. They should get rid of Culdrose and put housing there or a reservoir. Hello meerkats. Helston John
  • Score: -8

11:16am Tue 12 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

I did not attend air day this year, but by all accounts the pilot did a great job in bringing his plane to land safely.

Helston John, do you not think if Culdrose was no longer there it would not have a huge impact on the local economy, apart from anything else!
I did not attend air day this year, but by all accounts the pilot did a great job in bringing his plane to land safely. Helston John, do you not think if Culdrose was no longer there it would not have a huge impact on the local economy, apart from anything else! Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 10

11:56am Tue 12 Aug 14

Spingo1 says...

'Helston John'... you clearly well out of your depth knowledge wise with regard to aviation & safe operations of aircraft. Unless you can comment intelligently about this incident then probably best say nothing at all.

I witnessed the Sea Fury 'incident' at CU - the pilot did a tremendous job of bringing the a/c back in one piece after catastrophic engine failure that led to a failure or lack of hydraulics. The outcome could have been so different. A glowing tribute from Captain 'Winkle' Brown says it all really - good show!
'Helston John'... you clearly well out of your depth knowledge wise with regard to aviation & safe operations of aircraft. Unless you can comment intelligently about this incident then probably best say nothing at all. I witnessed the Sea Fury 'incident' at CU - the pilot did a tremendous job of bringing the a/c back in one piece after catastrophic engine failure that led to a failure or lack of hydraulics. The outcome could have been so different. A glowing tribute from Captain 'Winkle' Brown says it all really - good show! Spingo1
  • Score: 10

12:09pm Tue 12 Aug 14

minimal says...

My 13 year old son and I were there and it happened right in front of us, super cool airmanship, no one was endangered at any time except the pilot. These vintage airplanes are fantastic and part of our heritage - long may they continue to be maintained and flown - and repaired when they get bent. We went home very happy, it was an excellent day and excellent value.
My 13 year old son and I were there and it happened right in front of us, super cool airmanship, no one was endangered at any time except the pilot. These vintage airplanes are fantastic and part of our heritage - long may they continue to be maintained and flown - and repaired when they get bent. We went home very happy, it was an excellent day and excellent value. minimal
  • Score: 7

1:41pm Tue 12 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
Bobbster wrote:
Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying??????
Not the point, people pay through the nose for air day, why put the public at risk with ancient planes, they could have a perfectly good air day and flying display without dragging planes out of the fifties. Of course unforeseen things happen in every day military flying but the public are paying a hefty fee for this. It's bad enough when weather conditions cancel flying but they get a year with good weather and it still caused cancellations. We put up with Culdrose droning around non stop all day in Helston during the year why don't they fly off somewhere else for a change, they get rid of a load of naval personnel claiming financial cutbacks then seem to take more on and constantly have to train them up flying. They should get rid of Culdrose and put housing there or a reservoir.

Hello meerkats.
Hello , i was disappointed the Red Arrows did not take part this year.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bobbster[/bold] wrote: Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying??????[/p][/quote]Not the point, people pay through the nose for air day, why put the public at risk with ancient planes, they could have a perfectly good air day and flying display without dragging planes out of the fifties. Of course unforeseen things happen in every day military flying but the public are paying a hefty fee for this. It's bad enough when weather conditions cancel flying but they get a year with good weather and it still caused cancellations. We put up with Culdrose droning around non stop all day in Helston during the year why don't they fly off somewhere else for a change, they get rid of a load of naval personnel claiming financial cutbacks then seem to take more on and constantly have to train them up flying. They should get rid of Culdrose and put housing there or a reservoir. Hello meerkats.[/p][/quote]Hello , i was disappointed the Red Arrows did not take part this year. meerkats
  • Score: 1

2:31pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Helston John says...

Spingo1 wrote:
'Helston John'... you clearly well out of your depth knowledge wise with regard to aviation & safe operations of aircraft. Unless you can comment intelligently about this incident then probably best say nothing at all.

I witnessed the Sea Fury 'incident' at CU - the pilot did a tremendous job of bringing the a/c back in one piece after catastrophic engine failure that led to a failure or lack of hydraulics. The outcome could have been so different. A glowing tribute from Captain 'Winkle' Brown says it all really - good show!
With a user name like spingo, doubt you have a clue about aviation either other than what you can find at the bottom of a beer glass in the Blue Anchor. How anyone can think airday is value for money is beyond me, especially when they couldn't even avoid a security alert causing some people to have to stay on site until 11 pm according to the packet report. That should never have been allowed to happen.
[quote][p][bold]Spingo1[/bold] wrote: 'Helston John'... you clearly well out of your depth knowledge wise with regard to aviation & safe operations of aircraft. Unless you can comment intelligently about this incident then probably best say nothing at all. I witnessed the Sea Fury 'incident' at CU - the pilot did a tremendous job of bringing the a/c back in one piece after catastrophic engine failure that led to a failure or lack of hydraulics. The outcome could have been so different. A glowing tribute from Captain 'Winkle' Brown says it all really - good show![/p][/quote]With a user name like spingo, doubt you have a clue about aviation either other than what you can find at the bottom of a beer glass in the Blue Anchor. How anyone can think airday is value for money is beyond me, especially when they couldn't even avoid a security alert causing some people to have to stay on site until 11 pm according to the packet report. That should never have been allowed to happen. Helston John
  • Score: -6

2:35pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Helston John says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
I did not attend air day this year, but by all accounts the pilot did a great job in bringing his plane to land safely.

Helston John, do you not think if Culdrose was no longer there it would not have a huge impact on the local economy, apart from anything else!
The local economy would be alright if they built houses there all the extra people would put into the economy, most of the naval personnel don't shop in Helston anyway. Culdrose is just a noisy polluting area.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: I did not attend air day this year, but by all accounts the pilot did a great job in bringing his plane to land safely. Helston John, do you not think if Culdrose was no longer there it would not have a huge impact on the local economy, apart from anything else![/p][/quote]The local economy would be alright if they built houses there all the extra people would put into the economy, most of the naval personnel don't shop in Helston anyway. Culdrose is just a noisy polluting area. Helston John
  • Score: -7

7:02pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

meerkats wrote:
Helston John wrote:
Bobbster wrote:
Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying??????
Not the point, people pay through the nose for air day, why put the public at risk with ancient planes, they could have a perfectly good air day and flying display without dragging planes out of the fifties. Of course unforeseen things happen in every day military flying but the public are paying a hefty fee for this. It's bad enough when weather conditions cancel flying but they get a year with good weather and it still caused cancellations. We put up with Culdrose droning around non stop all day in Helston during the year why don't they fly off somewhere else for a change, they get rid of a load of naval personnel claiming financial cutbacks then seem to take more on and constantly have to train them up flying. They should get rid of Culdrose and put housing there or a reservoir.

Hello meerkats.
Hello , i was disappointed the Red Arrows did not take part this year.
Dia duit meerkats, good to see you commenting again I've missed reading your comments. Yes, the red arrows do provide a spectacular display wherever and whenever they put on a display.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bobbster[/bold] wrote: Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying??????[/p][/quote]Not the point, people pay through the nose for air day, why put the public at risk with ancient planes, they could have a perfectly good air day and flying display without dragging planes out of the fifties. Of course unforeseen things happen in every day military flying but the public are paying a hefty fee for this. It's bad enough when weather conditions cancel flying but they get a year with good weather and it still caused cancellations. We put up with Culdrose droning around non stop all day in Helston during the year why don't they fly off somewhere else for a change, they get rid of a load of naval personnel claiming financial cutbacks then seem to take more on and constantly have to train them up flying. They should get rid of Culdrose and put housing there or a reservoir. Hello meerkats.[/p][/quote]Hello , i was disappointed the Red Arrows did not take part this year.[/p][/quote]Dia duit meerkats, good to see you commenting again I've missed reading your comments. Yes, the red arrows do provide a spectacular display wherever and whenever they put on a display. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 3

8:06pm Tue 12 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Helston John wrote:
Bobbster wrote:
Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying??????
Not the point, people pay through the nose for air day, why put the public at risk with ancient planes, they could have a perfectly good air day and flying display without dragging planes out of the fifties. Of course unforeseen things happen in every day military flying but the public are paying a hefty fee for this. It's bad enough when weather conditions cancel flying but they get a year with good weather and it still caused cancellations. We put up with Culdrose droning around non stop all day in Helston during the year why don't they fly off somewhere else for a change, they get rid of a load of naval personnel claiming financial cutbacks then seem to take more on and constantly have to train them up flying. They should get rid of Culdrose and put housing there or a reservoir.

Hello meerkats.
Hello , i was disappointed the Red Arrows did not take part this year.
Dia duit meerkats, good to see you commenting again I've missed reading your comments. Yes, the red arrows do provide a spectacular display wherever and whenever they put on a display.
Thanks Gill , things not going too well at work at the moment , getting stressed and havent got back to reading or commenting on the articles as i normally do yet.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bobbster[/bold] wrote: Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying??????[/p][/quote]Not the point, people pay through the nose for air day, why put the public at risk with ancient planes, they could have a perfectly good air day and flying display without dragging planes out of the fifties. Of course unforeseen things happen in every day military flying but the public are paying a hefty fee for this. It's bad enough when weather conditions cancel flying but they get a year with good weather and it still caused cancellations. We put up with Culdrose droning around non stop all day in Helston during the year why don't they fly off somewhere else for a change, they get rid of a load of naval personnel claiming financial cutbacks then seem to take more on and constantly have to train them up flying. They should get rid of Culdrose and put housing there or a reservoir. Hello meerkats.[/p][/quote]Hello , i was disappointed the Red Arrows did not take part this year.[/p][/quote]Dia duit meerkats, good to see you commenting again I've missed reading your comments. Yes, the red arrows do provide a spectacular display wherever and whenever they put on a display.[/p][/quote]Thanks Gill , things not going too well at work at the moment , getting stressed and havent got back to reading or commenting on the articles as i normally do yet. meerkats
  • Score: 2

8:07pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Helston John says...

Meerkats and Gill, good thing the red arrows weren't there, they probably would have been cancelled and wasted their time because of this other old plane that malfunctioned.
Meerkats and Gill, good thing the red arrows weren't there, they probably would have been cancelled and wasted their time because of this other old plane that malfunctioned. Helston John
  • Score: -7

8:25pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

meerkats wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Helston John wrote:
Bobbster wrote:
Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying??????
Not the point, people pay through the nose for air day, why put the public at risk with ancient planes, they could have a perfectly good air day and flying display without dragging planes out of the fifties. Of course unforeseen things happen in every day military flying but the public are paying a hefty fee for this. It's bad enough when weather conditions cancel flying but they get a year with good weather and it still caused cancellations. We put up with Culdrose droning around non stop all day in Helston during the year why don't they fly off somewhere else for a change, they get rid of a load of naval personnel claiming financial cutbacks then seem to take more on and constantly have to train them up flying. They should get rid of Culdrose and put housing there or a reservoir.

Hello meerkats.
Hello , i was disappointed the Red Arrows did not take part this year.
Dia duit meerkats, good to see you commenting again I've missed reading your comments. Yes, the red arrows do provide a spectacular display wherever and whenever they put on a display.
Thanks Gill , things not going too well at work at the moment , getting stressed and havent got back to reading or commenting on the articles as i normally do yet.
Sorry to hear that meerkats, it is reading some of the comments on here written by Helston John that stresses me out.

John Helston you say on one of your posts you were at the air show, why did you go I wonder, seeing as you appear to have such a negative attitude towards it, and Culdrose. All the air days I have been to over the years, have been brilliant. I would have liked to have attended this year.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bobbster[/bold] wrote: Well be all well and good then if you could inform the military and airlines etc off how to prevent unforeseen malfunctions. Perhaps you have a crystal ball or something they could look into before flying??????[/p][/quote]Not the point, people pay through the nose for air day, why put the public at risk with ancient planes, they could have a perfectly good air day and flying display without dragging planes out of the fifties. Of course unforeseen things happen in every day military flying but the public are paying a hefty fee for this. It's bad enough when weather conditions cancel flying but they get a year with good weather and it still caused cancellations. We put up with Culdrose droning around non stop all day in Helston during the year why don't they fly off somewhere else for a change, they get rid of a load of naval personnel claiming financial cutbacks then seem to take more on and constantly have to train them up flying. They should get rid of Culdrose and put housing there or a reservoir. Hello meerkats.[/p][/quote]Hello , i was disappointed the Red Arrows did not take part this year.[/p][/quote]Dia duit meerkats, good to see you commenting again I've missed reading your comments. Yes, the red arrows do provide a spectacular display wherever and whenever they put on a display.[/p][/quote]Thanks Gill , things not going too well at work at the moment , getting stressed and havent got back to reading or commenting on the articles as i normally do yet.[/p][/quote]Sorry to hear that meerkats, it is reading some of the comments on here written by Helston John that stresses me out. John Helston you say on one of your posts you were at the air show, why did you go I wonder, seeing as you appear to have such a negative attitude towards it, and Culdrose. All the air days I have been to over the years, have been brilliant. I would have liked to have attended this year. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 6

9:12pm Tue 12 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
Meerkats and Gill, good thing the red arrows weren't there, they probably would have been cancelled and wasted their time because of this other old plane that malfunctioned.
They would have opened the show probably , so wouldnt have been affected by the crash. Lot of negativity from you unusual.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: Meerkats and Gill, good thing the red arrows weren't there, they probably would have been cancelled and wasted their time because of this other old plane that malfunctioned.[/p][/quote]They would have opened the show probably , so wouldnt have been affected by the crash. Lot of negativity from you unusual. meerkats
  • Score: 3

11:30am Wed 13 Aug 14

diesel 1 says...

I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.
I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything. diesel 1
  • Score: 2

1:47pm Wed 13 Aug 14

Helston John says...

diesel 1 wrote:
I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.
Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is.
[quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.[/p][/quote]Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is. Helston John
  • Score: -1

2:13pm Wed 13 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.
Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is.
I am Cornish, and for you to say I "won't know much about Porthleven" I actually find rather amusing.
Porthleven does not have a "useless Cornwall Councillor" on the contrary it has a very good Cornwall Councillor. As you have previously stated on this website that you live in Helston South, I would not think it a problem for you.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.[/p][/quote]Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is.[/p][/quote]I am Cornish, and for you to say I "won't know much about Porthleven" I actually find rather amusing. Porthleven does not have a "useless Cornwall Councillor" on the contrary it has a very good Cornwall Councillor. As you have previously stated on this website that you live in Helston South, I would not think it a problem for you. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 2

2:23pm Wed 13 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.
Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is.
I can assure you that i am Cornish and why do you assume i am not ?
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.[/p][/quote]Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is.[/p][/quote]I can assure you that i am Cornish and why do you assume i am not ? meerkats
  • Score: 2

2:28pm Wed 13 Aug 14

Helston John says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.
Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is.
I am Cornish, and for you to say I "won't know much about Porthleven" I actually find rather amusing.
Porthleven does not have a "useless Cornwall Councillor" on the contrary it has a very good Cornwall Councillor. As you have previously stated on this website that you live in Helston South, I would not think it a problem for you.
So you're admitting Cllr Wallis is useless then because you say quite correctly I live in Helston South so it won't be a problem for me that he's useless. The reason I say he's useless is because he doesn't answer my emails. He reduced the speed on the Porthleven road but when my young son crosses to the park the traffic is still going about 60 up and down the hill so Cllr Wallis has done nothing about enforcing the speed limit that he introduced.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.[/p][/quote]Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is.[/p][/quote]I am Cornish, and for you to say I "won't know much about Porthleven" I actually find rather amusing. Porthleven does not have a "useless Cornwall Councillor" on the contrary it has a very good Cornwall Councillor. As you have previously stated on this website that you live in Helston South, I would not think it a problem for you.[/p][/quote]So you're admitting Cllr Wallis is useless then because you say quite correctly I live in Helston South so it won't be a problem for me that he's useless. The reason I say he's useless is because he doesn't answer my emails. He reduced the speed on the Porthleven road but when my young son crosses to the park the traffic is still going about 60 up and down the hill so Cllr Wallis has done nothing about enforcing the speed limit that he introduced. Helston John
  • Score: -1

2:56pm Wed 13 Aug 14

Helston John says...

Why did diesel1 assume I'm not Cornish?
Why did diesel1 assume I'm not Cornish? Helston John
  • Score: -1

4:14pm Wed 13 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.
Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is.
I am Cornish, and for you to say I "won't know much about Porthleven" I actually find rather amusing.
Porthleven does not have a "useless Cornwall Councillor" on the contrary it has a very good Cornwall Councillor. As you have previously stated on this website that you live in Helston South, I would not think it a problem for you.
So you're admitting Cllr Wallis is useless then because you say quite correctly I live in Helston South so it won't be a problem for me that he's useless. The reason I say he's useless is because he doesn't answer my emails. He reduced the speed on the Porthleven road but when my young son crosses to the park the traffic is still going about 60 up and down the hill so Cllr Wallis has done nothing about enforcing the speed limit that he introduced.
Dont understand why you have brought Cllr Wallis into this .
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.[/p][/quote]Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is.[/p][/quote]I am Cornish, and for you to say I "won't know much about Porthleven" I actually find rather amusing. Porthleven does not have a "useless Cornwall Councillor" on the contrary it has a very good Cornwall Councillor. As you have previously stated on this website that you live in Helston South, I would not think it a problem for you.[/p][/quote]So you're admitting Cllr Wallis is useless then because you say quite correctly I live in Helston South so it won't be a problem for me that he's useless. The reason I say he's useless is because he doesn't answer my emails. He reduced the speed on the Porthleven road but when my young son crosses to the park the traffic is still going about 60 up and down the hill so Cllr Wallis has done nothing about enforcing the speed limit that he introduced.[/p][/quote]Dont understand why you have brought Cllr Wallis into this . meerkats
  • Score: 1

6:57pm Wed 13 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Helston John wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.
Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is.
I am Cornish, and for you to say I "won't know much about Porthleven" I actually find rather amusing.
Porthleven does not have a "useless Cornwall Councillor" on the contrary it has a very good Cornwall Councillor. As you have previously stated on this website that you live in Helston South, I would not think it a problem for you.
So you're admitting Cllr Wallis is useless then because you say quite correctly I live in Helston South so it won't be a problem for me that he's useless. The reason I say he's useless is because he doesn't answer my emails. He reduced the speed on the Porthleven road but when my young son crosses to the park the traffic is still going about 60 up and down the hill so Cllr Wallis has done nothing about enforcing the speed limit that he introduced.
That is not what I said at all, I meant it should not be a problem for you if you live in Helston South because you could email your own councillor who would be Councillor Judith Haycock, seeing as you appear to have a problem with Councillor Andrew Wallis.
If he does not answer your emails then there must be a justifiable reason why not. Incidentally Councillor Andrew Wallis has no way of enforcing any speed limit, it would have to be the police. I therefore suggest you direct your complaint to them.

Back on topic, looking on the bright side, seeing as you were evidently not happy with air day you will know not to go next year.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: I bet that helston john is an emmet. He writes such drivel about everything.[/p][/quote]Wrong, try again, better luck next time with your constructive comment on air day, I might write drivel but I'm no emmet. I bet meerkats and Gill are not Cornish. Probably why Gill thinks the Cornwall Cllrs are good, because if she's not Cornish she won't know much about Porthleven let alone how useless their Cormwall Cllr is.[/p][/quote]I am Cornish, and for you to say I "won't know much about Porthleven" I actually find rather amusing. Porthleven does not have a "useless Cornwall Councillor" on the contrary it has a very good Cornwall Councillor. As you have previously stated on this website that you live in Helston South, I would not think it a problem for you.[/p][/quote]So you're admitting Cllr Wallis is useless then because you say quite correctly I live in Helston South so it won't be a problem for me that he's useless. The reason I say he's useless is because he doesn't answer my emails. He reduced the speed on the Porthleven road but when my young son crosses to the park the traffic is still going about 60 up and down the hill so Cllr Wallis has done nothing about enforcing the speed limit that he introduced.[/p][/quote]That is not what I said at all, I meant it should not be a problem for you if you live in Helston South because you could email your own councillor who would be Councillor Judith Haycock, seeing as you appear to have a problem with Councillor Andrew Wallis. If he does not answer your emails then there must be a justifiable reason why not. Incidentally Councillor Andrew Wallis has no way of enforcing any speed limit, it would have to be the police. I therefore suggest you direct your complaint to them. Back on topic, looking on the bright side, seeing as you were evidently not happy with air day you will know not to go next year. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree