Dog rescued from Porthleven kitchen fire

Dog rescued from Porthleven kitchen fire

Dog rescued from Porthleven kitchen fire

First published in News

A dog was pulled to safety by firefighters after a blaze at Gibson Way, Porthleven on Saturday.

Fire crews from Helston were mobilised at 9.17pm after reports of a fire alarm sounding and a smell of burning coming from the property.

Crews found one ground floor flat smoke logged, and “made pumps two”, with a further appliance mobilised from Camborne.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus located a fire in the kitchen, and rescued one dog from the property.

One hose reel jet was used to extinguish the fire and crews used one thermal imaging camera to confirm the fire was out, and then ventilated the property. 

 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree