Watch out for the Dog Poo Crew in Helston

Deputy mayor Upton, town councillors Justine Hornsby and Martine Knight, and Cornwall Councillor Judith Haycock

Deputy mayor Upton, town councillors Justine Hornsby and Martine Knight, and Cornwall Councillor Judith Haycock

First published in News

A new super group has hit the streets of Helston and they’re on a mission.

Forget the Fantastic Four or the X-Men, the Dog Poo Crew have arrived and they have excrement on their minds.

This band of intrepid faeces fighters have made it their mission to rid the town of dog mess; their brief: to stamp out, not in, the problem.

To this end a six-strong poop patrol, made up of deputy mayor Mark Upton, Cornwall Councillor Judith Haycock and town councillors Justine Hornsby, Martine Knight, John Martin and Aiden Harrison, have been out and about over the last week watching dog owners and ensuring all pooch ‘piles’ were picked up.

The first four patrols, at King George V playing field, resulted in 38 dog owners being spoken to with all, but one, having their own dog poo bags (with the one without only a young boy).

New Keep Britain Tidy stickers were also placed on bins, telling people that all litter bins, not just dedicated dog poo bins, can be used for throwing away bagged dog mess.

Falmouth Packet:

Mrs Knight, chairman of the council’s amenities committee, said: “All were very supportive of our efforts and one even took one of the new stickers to put on a bin outside where she lives.”

The crew will be randomly targeting areas in and around Helston over the coming weeks and, if anyone knows of somewhere with a persistent and identifiable problem – such as a particularly bad time of day – they should contact the town clerk’s office so that the intelligence can be passed on.

If fouling is witnessed councillors will be giving statements for prosecution purposes to Cornwall Council.

The team is taking up the mantle from town warden Craig Bowcutt, who has been tackling the problem head on, not literally, but has become too well known, with owners sometimes walking away as soon as they saw him.

PPV wishes the Dog Poo Crew every success at fighting this unsavoury issue, and would at this point make a slightly off the wall comparison to the similarly-named garage, grime and hip-hop group of the early 2000s, ‘So Solid Crew’ – but considering the subject matter, some things are best left to the imagination...

Comments (43)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:17pm Wed 20 Aug 14

krazyitchkatie says...

'band of intrepid faeces fighters' - lol

Seriously, though, I do not understand people who don't pick up after their dogs. Gross!
'band of intrepid faeces fighters' - lol Seriously, though, I do not understand people who don't pick up after their dogs. Gross! krazyitchkatie
  • Score: 7

4:35pm Wed 20 Aug 14

Toffer99 says...

When was the last time someone was prosecuted for not picking up their dog's poo?
When was the last time someone was prosecuted for not picking up their dog's poo? Toffer99
  • Score: 8

7:01pm Wed 20 Aug 14

TOPHOUSE1 says...

I live in a town in Spain,if you are stopped here walking your dog and you have not got a poo bag with you 100 euro fine.Seems to work
I live in a town in Spain,if you are stopped here walking your dog and you have not got a poo bag with you 100 euro fine.Seems to work TOPHOUSE1
  • Score: 6

8:40pm Wed 20 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

I think it is brilliant that these Councillors are pro active in trying to combat what appears a continuing problem.
I think it is brilliant that these Councillors are pro active in trying to combat what appears a continuing problem. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 7

8:43pm Wed 20 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Helston John wrote:
"band of intrepid faeces fighters" well that's true because they're all Cllrs and all a bunch of s**t and they all fight amongst themselves within the town and Cornwall council.
Your comment is not only rude but untrue, these councillors do not all fight amongst themselves within Helston Town Council or Cornwall Council.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: "band of intrepid faeces fighters" well that's true because they're all Cllrs and all a bunch of s**t and they all fight amongst themselves within the town and Cornwall council.[/p][/quote]Your comment is not only rude but untrue, these councillors do not all fight amongst themselves within Helston Town Council or Cornwall Council. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 3

11:11pm Wed 20 Aug 14

treving42 says...

krazyitchkatie wrote:
'band of intrepid faeces fighters' - lol

Seriously, though, I do not understand people who don't pick up after their dogs. Gross!
I agree 100% - I know whose nose I would rub it!
[quote][p][bold]krazyitchkatie[/bold] wrote: 'band of intrepid faeces fighters' - lol Seriously, though, I do not understand people who don't pick up after their dogs. Gross![/p][/quote]I agree 100% - I know whose nose I would rub it! treving42
  • Score: -1

11:13pm Wed 20 Aug 14

treving42 says...

*Addition*
I agree 100% - I know whose nose I would rub IN it!
*Addition* I agree 100% - I know whose nose I would rub IN it! treving42
  • Score: -3

8:14am Thu 21 Aug 14

telstar1962 says...

The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act , which repealed the Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996, allows local councils and communities to create byelaws relating to dog mess. Local councils, under this legislation, may issue Fixed Penalty Notices to offenders.

Having well meaning Councillors is excellent, but until FPN's are issued, and fines collected,then the problem will continue.
The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act , which repealed the Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996, allows local councils and communities to create byelaws relating to dog mess. Local councils, under this legislation, may issue Fixed Penalty Notices to offenders. Having well meaning Councillors is excellent, but until FPN's are issued, and fines collected,then the problem will continue. telstar1962
  • Score: 6

9:11am Thu 21 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
"band of intrepid faeces fighters" well that's true because they're all Cllrs and all a bunch of s**t and they all fight amongst themselves within the town and Cornwall council.
Your comment is not only rude but untrue, these councillors do not all fight amongst themselves within Helston Town Council or Cornwall Council.
Cllr Haycock argues with Cllr Wallis in Cornwall Council and the Helston TC meetings, and they are both mouthy and rude to the public, and the town council are always fighting and mouthing off loudly to each other and to the Cornwall Cllrs at the council meetings. I bet you've never been to a council meeting at Helston. So you're a moron saying they don't fight amongst themselves, they don't debate at meetings, they're all unruly, rude and obnoxious to each other and the public.
You are so rude , there is no need for name calling to get your point across.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: "band of intrepid faeces fighters" well that's true because they're all Cllrs and all a bunch of s**t and they all fight amongst themselves within the town and Cornwall council.[/p][/quote]Your comment is not only rude but untrue, these councillors do not all fight amongst themselves within Helston Town Council or Cornwall Council.[/p][/quote]Cllr Haycock argues with Cllr Wallis in Cornwall Council and the Helston TC meetings, and they are both mouthy and rude to the public, and the town council are always fighting and mouthing off loudly to each other and to the Cornwall Cllrs at the council meetings. I bet you've never been to a council meeting at Helston. So you're a moron saying they don't fight amongst themselves, they don't debate at meetings, they're all unruly, rude and obnoxious to each other and the public.[/p][/quote]You are so rude , there is no need for name calling to get your point across. meerkats
  • Score: 3

9:46am Thu 21 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Helston John wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
"band of intrepid faeces fighters" well that's true because they're all Cllrs and all a bunch of s**t and they all fight amongst themselves within the town and Cornwall council.
Your comment is not only rude but untrue, these councillors do not all fight amongst themselves within Helston Town Council or Cornwall Council.
Cllr Haycock argues with Cllr Wallis in Cornwall Council and the Helston TC meetings, and they are both mouthy and rude to the public, and the town council are always fighting and mouthing off loudly to each other and to the Cornwall Cllrs at the council meetings. I bet you've never been to a council meeting at Helston. So you're a moron saying they don't fight amongst themselves, they don't debate at meetings, they're all unruly, rude and obnoxious to each other and the public.
Neither Councillor Andrew Wallis nor Councillor Judith Haycock are rude to the public, and yes I have attended Helston Town Council meetings and I obviously see things differently from you. I have never seen the current town council act unr
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: "band of intrepid faeces fighters" well that's true because they're all Cllrs and all a bunch of s**t and they all fight amongst themselves within the town and Cornwall council.[/p][/quote]Your comment is not only rude but untrue, these councillors do not all fight amongst themselves within Helston Town Council or Cornwall Council.[/p][/quote]Cllr Haycock argues with Cllr Wallis in Cornwall Council and the Helston TC meetings, and they are both mouthy and rude to the public, and the town council are always fighting and mouthing off loudly to each other and to the Cornwall Cllrs at the council meetings. I bet you've never been to a council meeting at Helston. So you're a moron saying they don't fight amongst themselves, they don't debate at meetings, they're all unruly, rude and obnoxious to each other and the public.[/p][/quote]Neither Councillor Andrew Wallis nor Councillor Judith Haycock are rude to the public, and yes I have attended Helston Town Council meetings and I obviously see things differently from you. I have never seen the current town council act unr Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 6

9:47am Thu 21 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Helston John wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
"band of intrepid faeces fighters" well that's true because they're all Cllrs and all a bunch of s**t and they all fight amongst themselves within the town and Cornwall council.
Your comment is not only rude but untrue, these councillors do not all fight amongst themselves within Helston Town Council or Cornwall Council.
Cllr Haycock argues with Cllr Wallis in Cornwall Council and the Helston TC meetings, and they are both mouthy and rude to the public, and the town council are always fighting and mouthing off loudly to each other and to the Cornwall Cllrs at the council meetings. I bet you've never been to a council meeting at Helston. So you're a moron saying they don't fight amongst themselves, they don't debate at meetings, they're all unruly, rude and obnoxious to each other and the public.
Neither Councillor Andrew Wallis nor Councillor Judith Haycock are rude to the public, and yes I have attended Helston Town Council meetings and I obviously see things differently from you. I have never seen the current town council act unruly within a meeting, and I have never seen any of them be rude to a member of the public.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: "band of intrepid faeces fighters" well that's true because they're all Cllrs and all a bunch of s**t and they all fight amongst themselves within the town and Cornwall council.[/p][/quote]Your comment is not only rude but untrue, these councillors do not all fight amongst themselves within Helston Town Council or Cornwall Council.[/p][/quote]Cllr Haycock argues with Cllr Wallis in Cornwall Council and the Helston TC meetings, and they are both mouthy and rude to the public, and the town council are always fighting and mouthing off loudly to each other and to the Cornwall Cllrs at the council meetings. I bet you've never been to a council meeting at Helston. So you're a moron saying they don't fight amongst themselves, they don't debate at meetings, they're all unruly, rude and obnoxious to each other and the public.[/p][/quote]Neither Councillor Andrew Wallis nor Councillor Judith Haycock are rude to the public, and yes I have attended Helston Town Council meetings and I obviously see things differently from you. I have never seen the current town council act unruly within a meeting, and I have never seen any of them be rude to a member of the public. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 6

10:28am Thu 21 Aug 14

diesel 1 says...

Helston john had better watch out when out and about. He is the biggest pile of crap in Helston.
Helston john had better watch out when out and about. He is the biggest pile of crap in Helston. diesel 1
  • Score: 12

1:20pm Thu 21 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Helston John wrote:
Gill must be stupid because she didn't finish the first comment off and had to post again.

Diesel 1 is a moron too if he thinks what I say isn't true. The Cllrs and town warden are useless because they won't issue fines and neither will the mayor for rubbish in the town and where is the mayor? The deputy mayor is in the pic but you only ever see the mayor in things like parades in the papers.
The reason one of my posts was incomplete was that it responded as error when posting, it was not incomplete when I posted.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: Gill must be stupid because she didn't finish the first comment off and had to post again. Diesel 1 is a moron too if he thinks what I say isn't true. The Cllrs and town warden are useless because they won't issue fines and neither will the mayor for rubbish in the town and where is the mayor? The deputy mayor is in the pic but you only ever see the mayor in things like parades in the papers.[/p][/quote]The reason one of my posts was incomplete was that it responded as error when posting, it was not incomplete when I posted. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 3

2:23pm Thu 21 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
Gill must be stupid because she didn't finish the first comment off and had to post again.

Diesel 1 is a moron too if he thinks what I say isn't true. The Cllrs and town warden are useless because they won't issue fines and neither will the mayor for rubbish in the town and where is the mayor? The deputy mayor is in the pic but you only ever see the mayor in things like parades in the papers.
Are you ever satisfied , you moan about dog poo , yet here are people trying to do something about it and you still moan .
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: Gill must be stupid because she didn't finish the first comment off and had to post again. Diesel 1 is a moron too if he thinks what I say isn't true. The Cllrs and town warden are useless because they won't issue fines and neither will the mayor for rubbish in the town and where is the mayor? The deputy mayor is in the pic but you only ever see the mayor in things like parades in the papers.[/p][/quote]Are you ever satisfied , you moan about dog poo , yet here are people trying to do something about it and you still moan . meerkats
  • Score: 4

2:23pm Thu 21 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
Gill must be stupid because she didn't finish the first comment off and had to post again.

Diesel 1 is a moron too if he thinks what I say isn't true. The Cllrs and town warden are useless because they won't issue fines and neither will the mayor for rubbish in the town and where is the mayor? The deputy mayor is in the pic but you only ever see the mayor in things like parades in the papers.
Are you ever satisfied , you moan about dog poo , yet here are people trying to do something about it and you still moan .
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: Gill must be stupid because she didn't finish the first comment off and had to post again. Diesel 1 is a moron too if he thinks what I say isn't true. The Cllrs and town warden are useless because they won't issue fines and neither will the mayor for rubbish in the town and where is the mayor? The deputy mayor is in the pic but you only ever see the mayor in things like parades in the papers.[/p][/quote]Are you ever satisfied , you moan about dog poo , yet here are people trying to do something about it and you still moan . meerkats
  • Score: 5

2:37pm Thu 21 Aug 14

Lev Repel says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
Gill must be stupid because she didn't finish the first comment off and had to post again.

Diesel 1 is a moron too if he thinks what I say isn't true. The Cllrs and town warden are useless because they won't issue fines and neither will the mayor for rubbish in the town and where is the mayor? The deputy mayor is in the pic but you only ever see the mayor in things like parades in the papers.
The reason one of my posts was incomplete was that it responded as error when posting, it was not incomplete when I posted.
Signal failure in the middle of posting can cause that to happen.

Helston John, at least the Cllrs are trying to do something positive, what do you do for the community?
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: Gill must be stupid because she didn't finish the first comment off and had to post again. Diesel 1 is a moron too if he thinks what I say isn't true. The Cllrs and town warden are useless because they won't issue fines and neither will the mayor for rubbish in the town and where is the mayor? The deputy mayor is in the pic but you only ever see the mayor in things like parades in the papers.[/p][/quote]The reason one of my posts was incomplete was that it responded as error when posting, it was not incomplete when I posted.[/p][/quote]Signal failure in the middle of posting can cause that to happen. Helston John, at least the Cllrs are trying to do something positive, what do you do for the community? Lev Repel
  • Score: 9

4:25pm Thu 21 Aug 14

diesel 1 says...

All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....
All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single..... diesel 1
  • Score: 4

7:53am Fri 22 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....
I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap.
And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine.

Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.
I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....[/p][/quote]I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap. And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine. Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.[/p][/quote]I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 8

9:23am Fri 22 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....
I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap.
And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine.

Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.
I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well.
Gill you shouldnt have to explain your personal circumstances . HJ is very rude and offensive to anyone and everyone. i can never understand why people choose to be so rude and offensive to othets just because they have a different opinion
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....[/p][/quote]I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap. And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine. Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.[/p][/quote]I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well.[/p][/quote]Gill you shouldnt have to explain your personal circumstances . HJ is very rude and offensive to anyone and everyone. i can never understand why people choose to be so rude and offensive to othets just because they have a different opinion meerkats
  • Score: 5

9:51am Fri 22 Aug 14

Jirakitt says...

Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....
And I bet your a dog diesel full of crap.
Hey John you big man. Would you like to meet up like men and sort this out face to face instead of hiding like coward. A boxing ring maybe or would a duel be more your cup of tea?
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....[/p][/quote]And I bet your a dog diesel full of crap.[/p][/quote]Hey John you big man. Would you like to meet up like men and sort this out face to face instead of hiding like coward. A boxing ring maybe or would a duel be more your cup of tea? Jirakitt
  • Score: 4

2:16pm Fri 22 Aug 14

diesel 1 says...

Ha Ha Ha !! Don't be silly Jirakitt . He would run a mile if his zimmerframe would allow it.
Ha Ha Ha !! Don't be silly Jirakitt . He would run a mile if his zimmerframe would allow it. diesel 1
  • Score: 4

2:23pm Fri 22 Aug 14

diesel 1 says...

By the way, Bigmouth moron never said if he was single.
By the way, Bigmouth moron never said if he was single. diesel 1
  • Score: 4

3:54pm Fri 22 Aug 14

diesel 1 says...

Helston John/Gordon the Moron seems to very quiet after your invitation Jirakitt. Not so much of a man now, more like a mouse.
Helston John/Gordon the Moron seems to very quiet after your invitation Jirakitt. Not so much of a man now, more like a mouse. diesel 1
  • Score: 2

4:18pm Fri 22 Aug 14

diesel 1 says...

You could not be my next door neighbour. I would smell you a mile away with the crap that give off. You still have not said if you are single. God the other half if you have a partner.
You could not be my next door neighbour. I would smell you a mile away with the crap that give off. You still have not said if you are single. God the other half if you have a partner. diesel 1
  • Score: 6

4:24pm Fri 22 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
Jirakitt wrote:
Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....
And I bet your a dog diesel full of crap.
Hey John you big man. Would you like to meet up like men and sort this out face to face instead of hiding like coward. A boxing ring maybe or would a duel be more your cup of tea?
I think you should meet up with Gill and give her a slap, her comments are more crap on here than mine, she's convinced the Cllrs are doing a good job but theyre all corrupt really, they only give planning permission when it's in their favour. And as for the doggy poo, they need to bin themselves.
does that mean you think its ok to slap women ? Another absurd comment from you and for the record Gill,s comments are much better than yours. This news item has gone way off course .
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jirakitt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....[/p][/quote]And I bet your a dog diesel full of crap.[/p][/quote]Hey John you big man. Would you like to meet up like men and sort this out face to face instead of hiding like coward. A boxing ring maybe or would a duel be more your cup of tea?[/p][/quote]I think you should meet up with Gill and give her a slap, her comments are more crap on here than mine, she's convinced the Cllrs are doing a good job but theyre all corrupt really, they only give planning permission when it's in their favour. And as for the doggy poo, they need to bin themselves.[/p][/quote]does that mean you think its ok to slap women ? Another absurd comment from you and for the record Gill,s comments are much better than yours. This news item has gone way off course . meerkats
  • Score: 12

5:27pm Fri 22 Aug 14

diesel 1 says...

Ha Ha . You admit to being smelly then !!
Ha Ha . You admit to being smelly then !! diesel 1
  • Score: 1

7:50pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Helston John wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....
I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap.
And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine.

Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.
I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well.
Thought you said on here before this is the only news website you read. So how can you think I'm rude or insulting on another website? Ron Edgcumbe is rude and insulting I reckon on here. And Cllr Wallis is rude and insulting to you with anonymous comments on his blog. Has he done the car park yet?
This is the only news website I read, I was not referring to a news website.
As I have previously said, Councillor Andrew Wallis does not post anonymously on any website.

This article is about some councillors just trying to do something constructive, can you not just appreciate their efforts.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....[/p][/quote]I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap. And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine. Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.[/p][/quote]I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well.[/p][/quote]Thought you said on here before this is the only news website you read. So how can you think I'm rude or insulting on another website? Ron Edgcumbe is rude and insulting I reckon on here. And Cllr Wallis is rude and insulting to you with anonymous comments on his blog. Has he done the car park yet?[/p][/quote]This is the only news website I read, I was not referring to a news website. As I have previously said, Councillor Andrew Wallis does not post anonymously on any website. This article is about some councillors just trying to do something constructive, can you not just appreciate their efforts. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 3

8:32pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

meerkats wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....
I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap.
And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine.

Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.
I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well.
Gill you shouldnt have to explain your personal circumstances . HJ is very rude and offensive to anyone and everyone. i can never understand why people choose to be so rude and offensive to othets just because they have a different opinion
Thanks meerkats.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....[/p][/quote]I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap. And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine. Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.[/p][/quote]I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well.[/p][/quote]Gill you shouldnt have to explain your personal circumstances . HJ is very rude and offensive to anyone and everyone. i can never understand why people choose to be so rude and offensive to othets just because they have a different opinion[/p][/quote]Thanks meerkats. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 4

1:11pm Sat 23 Aug 14

telstar1962 says...

My reference to imbecilic comments also apply to some of the foregoing on this news article.

Seems to me that certain writers have too much time on their hands, and also may benefit in a lesson in civility.
My reference to imbecilic comments also apply to some of the foregoing on this news article. Seems to me that certain writers have too much time on their hands, and also may benefit in a lesson in civility. telstar1962
  • Score: 2

2:12pm Sat 23 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Helston John wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....
I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap.
And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine.

Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.
I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well.
Gill you shouldnt have to explain your personal circumstances . HJ is very rude and offensive to anyone and everyone. i can never understand why people choose to be so rude and offensive to othets just because they have a different opinion
The real problem I have with Gill apart from her saying the Cornwall Cllrs and town council are good, is that I don't think she is who she really says she is, in other words I don't think she posts under her real name. Can anyone in Helston varify who she is? I doubt it. For all I know she might even be male not female. She might not even live in Mullion, no one posts under their real name except Ron but that's different because he male, no female would post under their own name on here.
You are wrong, I post under my own name, I am female, and various people in Helston could clarify as to my existence, such as the former mayor, the current mayor, the town clerk, Delboy in the Coffee Bean, Williams furniture shop and various other people, including the staff at Fords.

The above article demonstrates the positive attitude of the councillors, they are giving up their own free time to engage with dog walkers, they are not paid for their time to do this, and the town councillors do not even receive an allowance.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....[/p][/quote]I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap. And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine. Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.[/p][/quote]I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well.[/p][/quote]Gill you shouldnt have to explain your personal circumstances . HJ is very rude and offensive to anyone and everyone. i can never understand why people choose to be so rude and offensive to othets just because they have a different opinion[/p][/quote]The real problem I have with Gill apart from her saying the Cornwall Cllrs and town council are good, is that I don't think she is who she really says she is, in other words I don't think she posts under her real name. Can anyone in Helston varify who she is? I doubt it. For all I know she might even be male not female. She might not even live in Mullion, no one posts under their real name except Ron but that's different because he male, no female would post under their own name on here.[/p][/quote]You are wrong, I post under my own name, I am female, and various people in Helston could clarify as to my existence, such as the former mayor, the current mayor, the town clerk, Delboy in the Coffee Bean, Williams furniture shop and various other people, including the staff at Fords. The above article demonstrates the positive attitude of the councillors, they are giving up their own free time to engage with dog walkers, they are not paid for their time to do this, and the town councillors do not even receive an allowance. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 7

1:57pm Sun 24 Aug 14

juwhite says...

Helston John you are disrespectful and to be honest a bully. I for one am disgusted the packet allows your posts and because of them I will no longer be reading nor commenting. Gill I am not glad your widowed and find the above comment highly offensive from HJ.
Helston John you are disrespectful and to be honest a bully. I for one am disgusted the packet allows your posts and because of them I will no longer be reading nor commenting. Gill I am not glad your widowed and find the above comment highly offensive from HJ. juwhite
  • Score: 5

2:05pm Sun 24 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
Gill Z Martin wrote:
Helston John wrote:
diesel 1 wrote:
All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....
I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap.
And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine.

Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.
I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well.
Ha ha look how many thumbs up you have, that means people are glad you're widowed. Reckon it's a load of rubbish anyway.
You are the lowest of the low making a disrespectful comment about Gill being a widow , and saying you dont believe her anyway. you are rude , disrespectful and insulting, and offensive.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]diesel 1[/bold] wrote: All he does is bloody whinge about everything. I bet he is single.....[/p][/quote]I bet Gill is single because she's said so on this website before so that's why all her comments are crap. And with a name like diesel1 I bet you're as slow as a traction engine. Are you single Gill? Do you have a partner? If not probably because you're divorced and tightfisted.[/p][/quote]I am widowed, I am not tightfisted, no I do not have a partner, and quite frankly I have had enough of your constant rude and insulting comments on here, and probably on another website as well.[/p][/quote]Ha ha look how many thumbs up you have, that means people are glad you're widowed. Reckon it's a load of rubbish anyway.[/p][/quote]You are the lowest of the low making a disrespectful comment about Gill being a widow , and saying you dont believe her anyway. you are rude , disrespectful and insulting, and offensive. meerkats
  • Score: 9

7:24pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

I was not going to comment on this article again but feel I must address a few points.
Juwhite, please do not refrain from commenting or reading the articles, I would hate to think I am basically the cause of you doing so. You have as much right as anyone to comment.
meerkats, thank you, and I completely agree with you.

HelstonJohn, you have made it perfectly clear your obvious dislike for me because I appreciate the work that the local councillors do. I may not always agree with them all in what they say or do, but the fact remains if no one tried anything then nothing would be achieved. Nothing you say will sway my opinion of them. They are just ordinary people doing and saying what they think is right at the time, and at least they are polite. Please try to respect others comments and remember people do have feelings. There are only so many insults I am prepared to take and therefore will no longer engage with any of your comments.
I was not going to comment on this article again but feel I must address a few points. Juwhite, please do not refrain from commenting or reading the articles, I would hate to think I am basically the cause of you doing so. You have as much right as anyone to comment. meerkats, thank you, and I completely agree with you. HelstonJohn, you have made it perfectly clear your obvious dislike for me because I appreciate the work that the local councillors do. I may not always agree with them all in what they say or do, but the fact remains if no one tried anything then nothing would be achieved. Nothing you say will sway my opinion of them. They are just ordinary people doing and saying what they think is right at the time, and at least they are polite. Please try to respect others comments and remember people do have feelings. There are only so many insults I am prepared to take and therefore will no longer engage with any of your comments. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 8

10:07pm Sun 24 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
I was not going to comment on this article again but feel I must address a few points.
Juwhite, please do not refrain from commenting or reading the articles, I would hate to think I am basically the cause of you doing so. You have as much right as anyone to comment.
meerkats, thank you, and I completely agree with you.

HelstonJohn, you have made it perfectly clear your obvious dislike for me because I appreciate the work that the local councillors do. I may not always agree with them all in what they say or do, but the fact remains if no one tried anything then nothing would be achieved. Nothing you say will sway my opinion of them. They are just ordinary people doing and saying what they think is right at the time, and at least they are polite. Please try to respect others comments and remember people do have feelings. There are only so many insults I am prepared to take and therefore will no longer engage with any of your comments.
I think we should all stop replying to his comments ,then maybe he will get bored and stop posting. If he has that much time on his hands perhaps he should join the dog poo brigade
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: I was not going to comment on this article again but feel I must address a few points. Juwhite, please do not refrain from commenting or reading the articles, I would hate to think I am basically the cause of you doing so. You have as much right as anyone to comment. meerkats, thank you, and I completely agree with you. HelstonJohn, you have made it perfectly clear your obvious dislike for me because I appreciate the work that the local councillors do. I may not always agree with them all in what they say or do, but the fact remains if no one tried anything then nothing would be achieved. Nothing you say will sway my opinion of them. They are just ordinary people doing and saying what they think is right at the time, and at least they are polite. Please try to respect others comments and remember people do have feelings. There are only so many insults I am prepared to take and therefore will no longer engage with any of your comments.[/p][/quote]I think we should all stop replying to his comments ,then maybe he will get bored and stop posting. If he has that much time on his hands perhaps he should join the dog poo brigade meerkats
  • Score: 7

10:12pm Sun 24 Aug 14

meerkats says...

juwhite wrote:
Helston John you are disrespectful and to be honest a bully. I for one am disgusted the packet allows your posts and because of them I will no longer be reading nor commenting. Gill I am not glad your widowed and find the above comment highly offensive from HJ.
Keep reading and posting, i wish the Packet could employ someone or somehow check any comment before being posted. An impossible task i know but at least it would stop the likes of HJ being so rude etc to others especially Gill.
[quote][p][bold]juwhite[/bold] wrote: Helston John you are disrespectful and to be honest a bully. I for one am disgusted the packet allows your posts and because of them I will no longer be reading nor commenting. Gill I am not glad your widowed and find the above comment highly offensive from HJ.[/p][/quote]Keep reading and posting, i wish the Packet could employ someone or somehow check any comment before being posted. An impossible task i know but at least it would stop the likes of HJ being so rude etc to others especially Gill. meerkats
  • Score: 4

7:26am Mon 25 Aug 14

juwhite says...

Thank you meerkats and Gill. Gill please do not worry it is not you that would stop me from posting rather the childish and offensive remarks from HJ. I do think that the Packet needs to monitor the remarks that are posted on their website which they do not seem to be doing also HJ needs to read the message above post comment as he is posting things which are false, abusive and malicious. Nobody agrees with everyone all the time but there is no need to be offensive. Thank you again.
Thank you meerkats and Gill. Gill please do not worry it is not you that would stop me from posting rather the childish and offensive remarks from HJ. I do think that the Packet needs to monitor the remarks that are posted on their website which they do not seem to be doing also HJ needs to read the message above post comment as he is posting things which are false, abusive and malicious. Nobody agrees with everyone all the time but there is no need to be offensive. Thank you again. juwhite
  • Score: -8

4:11pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Jirakitt says...

juwhite wrote:
Helston John you are disrespectful and to be honest a bully. I for one am disgusted the packet allows your posts and because of them I will no longer be reading nor commenting. Gill I am not glad your widowed and find the above comment highly offensive from HJ.
Helston John has been removed, probably setting up a new email and will be back under a new name, but as now 'happy days'.
[quote][p][bold]juwhite[/bold] wrote: Helston John you are disrespectful and to be honest a bully. I for one am disgusted the packet allows your posts and because of them I will no longer be reading nor commenting. Gill I am not glad your widowed and find the above comment highly offensive from HJ.[/p][/quote]Helston John has been removed, probably setting up a new email and will be back under a new name, but as now 'happy days'. Jirakitt
  • Score: 6

6:05pm Mon 25 Aug 14

meerkats says...

Jirakitt wrote:
juwhite wrote:
Helston John you are disrespectful and to be honest a bully. I for one am disgusted the packet allows your posts and because of them I will no longer be reading nor commenting. Gill I am not glad your widowed and find the above comment highly offensive from HJ.
Helston John has been removed, probably setting up a new email and will be back under a new name, but as now 'happy days'.
I may be wrong but from his continual nasty remarks mostly aimed at Gill ,it reminded me of a previous commenter ie the same style it was either Porthleven or Helston Mark i think. so if i am right he probably set up as HJ . seeing as they seem to have disappeared.
[quote][p][bold]Jirakitt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]juwhite[/bold] wrote: Helston John you are disrespectful and to be honest a bully. I for one am disgusted the packet allows your posts and because of them I will no longer be reading nor commenting. Gill I am not glad your widowed and find the above comment highly offensive from HJ.[/p][/quote]Helston John has been removed, probably setting up a new email and will be back under a new name, but as now 'happy days'.[/p][/quote]I may be wrong but from his continual nasty remarks mostly aimed at Gill ,it reminded me of a previous commenter ie the same style it was either Porthleven or Helston Mark i think. so if i am right he probably set up as HJ . seeing as they seem to have disappeared. meerkats
  • Score: -2

10:48pm Mon 25 Aug 14

fred from helston says...

Just wish I had all this time on my hands. Some of us have to go go to work not claim sick pay ect.
Just wish I had all this time on my hands. Some of us have to go go to work not claim sick pay ect. fred from helston
  • Score: -7

7:16am Tue 26 Aug 14

juwhite says...

Thank you Packet for removing the comments and restoring my faith. I walk my dog and do poop and scoop but on so many occasions when we have found a poop bin it has been full with poop bags lying at the bottom of it on the ground. Now whilst I now go prepared with extra bags to put the poop bags in either until I get home or to a bin that I am able to use so many people don't. Also so many times I have see owners walking miles ahead or behind their dog, who is often out of sight, so they have no idea what their dog is doing and if you dare to ask them to pick up after their dog you are met with abuse.
Thank you Packet for removing the comments and restoring my faith. I walk my dog and do poop and scoop but on so many occasions when we have found a poop bin it has been full with poop bags lying at the bottom of it on the ground. Now whilst I now go prepared with extra bags to put the poop bags in either until I get home or to a bin that I am able to use so many people don't. Also so many times I have see owners walking miles ahead or behind their dog, who is often out of sight, so they have no idea what their dog is doing and if you dare to ask them to pick up after their dog you are met with abuse. juwhite
  • Score: 7

8:47am Tue 26 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

juwhite wrote:
Thank you Packet for removing the comments and restoring my faith. I walk my dog and do poop and scoop but on so many occasions when we have found a poop bin it has been full with poop bags lying at the bottom of it on the ground. Now whilst I now go prepared with extra bags to put the poop bags in either until I get home or to a bin that I am able to use so many people don't. Also so many times I have see owners walking miles ahead or behind their dog, who is often out of sight, so they have no idea what their dog is doing and if you dare to ask them to pick up after their dog you are met with abuse.
I do not have a dog, but have noticed over full dog bins and ordinary rubbish bins, which can also be used for dog waste, are very often full, particularly during the height of the holiday season, I think the frequency of emptying bins should be adjusted throughout the year.

I notice the website has changed format, looks nice.
[quote][p][bold]juwhite[/bold] wrote: Thank you Packet for removing the comments and restoring my faith. I walk my dog and do poop and scoop but on so many occasions when we have found a poop bin it has been full with poop bags lying at the bottom of it on the ground. Now whilst I now go prepared with extra bags to put the poop bags in either until I get home or to a bin that I am able to use so many people don't. Also so many times I have see owners walking miles ahead or behind their dog, who is often out of sight, so they have no idea what their dog is doing and if you dare to ask them to pick up after their dog you are met with abuse.[/p][/quote]I do not have a dog, but have noticed over full dog bins and ordinary rubbish bins, which can also be used for dog waste, are very often full, particularly during the height of the holiday season, I think the frequency of emptying bins should be adjusted throughout the year. I notice the website has changed format, looks nice. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 1

1:51pm Tue 26 Aug 14

Lev Repel says...

fred from helston wrote:
Just wish I had all this time on my hands. Some of us have to go go to work not claim sick pay ect.
Would that be Ronald Frederick Edgcumbe.
Shhhhh, sorry don't tell the Cllrs, its on the voting list though etc.

Come on Ron, stand for town council again, i'd love to see you liven it up a bit.

If these Cllrs are out talking to people about dog mess, that's pretty good but what next?
[quote][p][bold]fred from helston[/bold] wrote: Just wish I had all this time on my hands. Some of us have to go go to work not claim sick pay ect.[/p][/quote]Would that be Ronald Frederick Edgcumbe. Shhhhh, sorry don't tell the Cllrs, its on the voting list though etc. Come on Ron, stand for town council again, i'd love to see you liven it up a bit. If these Cllrs are out talking to people about dog mess, that's pretty good but what next? Lev Repel
  • Score: 4

4:14pm Tue 26 Aug 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Apparently officers from public protection and business support are prepared to work with parish and town councils with training, this would enable parish and town councils to issue their own fines for littering, dog fouling etc. So basically it is up to the town council, the system is there, it is up to the town council to take advantage of it and use it.
Apparently officers from public protection and business support are prepared to work with parish and town councils with training, this would enable parish and town councils to issue their own fines for littering, dog fouling etc. So basically it is up to the town council, the system is there, it is up to the town council to take advantage of it and use it. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 2
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree