Tumble drier fire sets garage alight in Helston

Tumble drier fire sets garage alight in Helston

Tumble drier fire sets garage alight in Helston

First published in News

A tumble drier caught on fire in Helston yesterday before setting alight the garage it was in.

Firefighters from Helston and Camborne were called to Manor Close just before 8.20pm.

They found the detached garage well alight and had to use two hose reel jets to put out the flames, while wearing breathing equipment.

A heat seeking camera was then used to confirm the fire was completely out.

A fire service spokesperson said the cause of the fire was accidental and confined to the garage.

The blaze comes just a couple of weeks after a similar incident in Helston, when a tumble drier set alight a garage, but the fire then proceeded to spread to the adjoined house.

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree