Man hit by train in Falmouth has 'non life-threatening' injuries: UPDATE
11:56am Thursday 16th August 2012 in News
UPDATE: 13.50. First Great Western is reporting that the train line in Falmouth has reopened, after a man was hit by a train earlier this morning.
They are advising that there may be some journey disruption as services recover.
The ambulance service have said the the man, thought to be in his 20's, was taken to The Royal Cornwall Hospital at Treliske.
Initial reports suggest his injuries are not life-threatening.
Police are reporting a man has been injured on the railway line in Falmouth this morning.
A nearby resident contacted the Packet to say they heard a train screech to a halt around 11.30am.
The incident happened close to the rail crossing near Treventon Close
A police spokesman confirmed that they had been called to the scene, and that an adult male had been injured, adding that information was still coming in about the incident.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesperson said: “I can confirm that a man has been injured after being struck by a train near Penmere rail station.
“Officers from BTP and Devon and Cornwall Police attended the incident, which was reported to police at 11.46am, and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
“Medics from the South West Ambulance service and the Helicopter Emergency Medical service also attended and the man was taken to the Royal Cornwall Hospital.”
Ambulance personnel are also at the scene after a rapid response paramedic was sent.
The air ambulance was seen in the sky over Falmouth, landing close to Falmouth Fire Station.
A footpath running from Trescobeas Road was cordoned off by police.