Redruth camping stove fire
12:00pm Monday 20th August 2012 in News
Eight fire-fighters had to be drafted in to help tackle a fire involving a gas camping cylinder in Redruth.
The crews were called out to Radnor Road just before 1pm on Thursday.
A fire service spokesman said that the caller had attempted to smother the fire using a fire blanket, however the flames would not go out.
The camping stove was in a barn, and crews used a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher and two breathing apparatus to fully extinguish the fire.