Jacuzzi goes up in smoke
Both Falmouth fire engines were called out to a hot tub that went up in smoke yesterday evening, at a house in Perranarworthal.
When firefighters responded to the call, just after 10pm, they found a fire in the outside "jacuzzi area" of a detached home, Ian Oliver from Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said.
A high pressure hosereel was used to extinguish the flames while firefighters were forced to don breathing apparatus because of the intensity of the smoke.
A "positive pressure" ventilation fan was then used to clear smoke from the premises.
The cause of the fire was found to be accidental.