Friday News Round-up: Comedy video, shame sunglasses, a WWII top secret base and more (From Falmouth Packet)
Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting PKNEWS to 80360
Friday News Round-up: Comedy video, shame sunglasses, a WWII top secret base and more
Here at thepacket.co.uk we look back at the news that has been making the headlines this week.
Whether you Live in Helston, Falmouth Truro, Camborne, Redruth, or anywhere else in Cornwall, have a look at the links below and remember there is plenty of leisure news, cinema and gig listings, and much more online at thepacket.co.uk.
- VIDEO: First up is Caroline Quentin's Cornwall. It is safe to say this TV show has divided opinion, and to celebrate its return to TV screens we bring you a comedy parody. Click here for the story and VIDEO
- SECRET BASE: For history buffs, or those that just like a bit of a mystery, A story looking at a top secret piece of WWII history that lay untouched for decades on Lizard proved popular. Click here to read the article and see the pictures.
- BOBBIES THAT BOOGIE: We were the first to have a video of the Gangnam dancing by Falmouth's police officers, with the release of the full video the dancing bobbies went viral, with papers across the UK reporting on their exploits. Have a look here for the latest update and the video.
- NIMBYS?: A plan to ban camper vans near a Falmouth beach sparked lots of comments. Click here to read what the council are up to, and read the views from both sides of the debate.
- SECOND HOMES: Blight or boon, one councillor is calling for action to make planning permission part of changing a local home into a second home. Click here to find out what he is proposing and have your say.
- CRIME: Read how a 'blind drunk' bungling burglar who smashed his way into an shop, fell over left a trail of blood, and got nicked. Click here to read the court case.
- SEWAGE: Not the nicest of subjects, but one waterusers in Cornwall are well aware of. The sea sewage alerts send out to warn when waste gets released into the sea at popular beaches has been switched off until spring. Click here to read the story, and how to sign up.
- PHARMACY: The Penryn supermarket car park pharmacy row took a turn as Cornwall Council dropped enforcement action, saying it was not 'expedient', with out explaining why. Click here to read the row, what people said and previous articles.
- SUNGLASSES: After making lots of people redundant, cutting services and getting rid of toilets in vital tourist hotspots, Cornwall Councillors continued their austerity drive, by giving themselves a huge hike in allowances. With even central government saying they should wear dark sunglasses out of shame, read the story here and have your say.
- END OF AN ERA: A charity shop that has raised more than £1 million for cancer patients is to close its doors at the end of the month. Click here to read the story.
- CRIME: One drunk reveller has ended up in court after punching a DJ in the face in Falmouth. Click here to read more.
And finally, something to warm your heart, a bonny baby born on Christmas Day. Click here to read how one Porthleven woman welcomed a bundle of joy.
With cold weather and the threat of icy conditions, remember you can check the weather for your area, and click here for traffic and travel alerts if you are heading out on the roads or railways.
For news in your area click the towns in the main navigation bar.
Comments are closed on this article.