Falmouth is preparing once again to welcome the Tall Ships to its harbour and organisers are looking for Event Sponsors to play a critical role in the success of this exciting event.
Up to 50 ships with gather in Falmouth from August 28 to 31, 2014, for the start of a spectacular race to Greenwich, London.
The magnificent large square-rigged vessels will be berthed at Queen’s Wharf in Falmouth Docks and are open to the public for three days of festivities, before the Race start on Sunday 31st August. Organisers are anticipating over 100,000 visitors to the event.
Regatta activities in Falmouth will be managed by Visit Cornwall. Visit Cornwall is a service of the Cornwall Development Company, Cornwall Council’s arms length economic development company who will lead on the delivery of the event on behalf of Cornwall Council.
A range of key official partners have already committed significant financial, in-kind and personnel support for the activities in Falmouth, to enable the successful delivery of the event.
Visit Cornwall is seeking events sponsors for the high profile Regatta. Sponsorship of the event offers significant marketing opportunities for businesses to align themselves with the largest event in the South West in 2014.
“Sponsorship of this iconic international event in Falmouth is a great way to increase brand awareness, to enhance your company’s reputation and to demonstrate your commitment to the community,” says Sam Groom, festivals and events manager at Visit Cornwall.
Sponsorship packages are flexible and organisers are happy to tailor sponsorship to business needs. Sponsorship categories and fee scales will be based on specific sponsorship packages and the benefits agreed.
Sponsorship benefits could include:
- Designation as an event sponsor for the Falmouth event
- Corporate profile raising opportunities through pre-event publicity
- Sponsor acknowledgement before, during and after the event
- National and local press coverage before and during the event
- Digital and social media exposure
- Half page advert in Tall Ships official programme
- Opportunities for corporate promotion displays on site
- Branding on official banners and marketing and publicity material Branding presence on Falmouth Tall Ships Regatta website
- Use of official 2014 Tall Ships Regatta logo on own marketing material
- Private, escorted tour of a tall ship VIP viewing of the parade of sail
- Corporate hospitality and networking opportunities
If you are interested in sponsoring this event please contact Sian Robbins, festivals and events coordinator at Visit Cornwall on 01872 322873, or email firstname.lastname@example.org The 2014 Tall Ships Regatta is organised by Sail Training International (STI), a registered charity (not-for-profit organisation) whose purpose is the development and education of young people through the sail training experiences. http://www.sailtraininginternational.org/ Since the Tall Ships first visited Falmouth in 1966, the port has hosted the Funchal 500 Tall Ships Regatta in 2008, the Cutty Sark Tall Ships Race in 1998 and The Tall Ships Race in 1982. The economic impact of the 2008 event left a lasting impression on the area, attracting 100,000 visitors and generating over £12 million for the local economy.
To keep up to date on developments join us on Facebook ‘Tall Ships Falmouth 2014’ or Twitter @tallships_2014.