Questions over Porthleven's youth club progress
7:00am Saturday 29th December 2012 in Helston
Questions have been raised over the future of a proposed youth centre for Porthleven.
Simon Cadmen, who took over as chairman of the Porthleven Development Trust this year, said the trust wanted answers from Porthleven Town Council over the delays.
Speaking during public questions time of the council’s meeting last Thursday, Mr Cadmen said there were still a question over the ownership of the Moors recreation ground, which had been planned as the site for the youth club.
The trust received planning permission for a centre to be built in April 2009, but later found out that the ownership of the site needed to be proved and without that it could not apply for grant funding.
Mr Cadmen said the development trust had waited two and a half years for a result, adding: “Meanwhile we have let down the youth of the village and it’s Porthleven Development Trust that is embarrassed, when it’s the fault of the town council.”