Helston town centre parking spaces should stay 'exactly as they are'

Parking bays in Helston’s Wendron Street should remain exactly as they are, according to the town’s councillors.

The planning committee of the town council had been asked for its views on a proposal to reduce the length of the limited waiting bay by six metres and introduce a short length of “no waiting at any time” restrictions by the entrance to Windsor Court.

Speaking at the start of the meeting, Cornwall councillor Judith Haycock, who represents the Helston central ward, told members that the extra bays outside the St John Ambulance hall had caused problems with visibility for cars leaving Windsor Court.

She believed that by removing a section, the length of one car, would resolve the issue.

A letter of objection from a nearby resident was then read out and after a proposal from councillor Niall Devenish, backed up by councillor John Martin, the committee unanimously recommended that the changes be refused.

They believed there was no evidence that the changes were needed, as they were not aware of any accidents with cars emerging from Windsor Court and Mill Court.

At the same time, reducing the bay by six metres would result in the loss of two free parking spaces, which they felt would “have an impact on the vitality of the town centre.”

Members also had concerns over how effective enforcement currently was over “no waiting” restrictions.

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:18am Mon 21 Jan 13

David Pascoe says...

What a surprise:
As someone said regarding the Museum, as soon as Cornwall councillor Judith Haycock gets involved, it means the decision or result will be exactly opposed to what she is recommending.
She believed that by removing a section, the length of one car, would resolve the issue.
So totally predictable result, it will not happen.
I do hope the museum bear this in mind when they promote this Councillor as their Savior.

She isnt.
What a surprise: As someone said regarding the Museum, as soon as Cornwall councillor Judith Haycock gets involved, it means the decision or result will be exactly opposed to what she is recommending. She believed that by removing a section, the length of one car, would resolve the issue. So totally predictable result, it will not happen. I do hope the museum bear this in mind when they promote this Councillor as their Savior. She isnt. David Pascoe
  • Score: 0

3:48pm Mon 21 Jan 13

ronedgcumbe says...

I agree. I do hope we get a stronger representation in the new council.
I agree. I do hope we get a stronger representation in the new council. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 0

6:36pm Mon 21 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

What area of Helston will you be standing for Ron?
What area of Helston will you be standing for Ron? Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

11:57am Tue 22 Jan 13

David Pascoe says...

You are absolutely right Ron, we need stronger representation, or at the very least some representation. Cllr Haycock has proved totally ineffectual and is laughed at by those she is supposed to represent.
If you doubt this, ask for a start the Cross Street residents Association. They consider she is a waste of space.
Please stand for both Town Council and Cornwall Council Ron. You speak an awful lot of sense and are clearly in touch with what ordinary working people want sorted out. I hope you are going for the current vacancy on the Town Council, you should sail into the posy.
The simple fact is Cllr Haycock is totally out of her depth, and does not realise she is consider a joke by both the people of Helston and Cornwall Council. Thats why she has never been given a position with any real authority, just non jobs with no influence whatsoever.
You are absolutely right Ron, we need stronger representation, or at the very least some representation. Cllr Haycock has proved totally ineffectual and is laughed at by those she is supposed to represent. If you doubt this, ask for a start the Cross Street residents Association. They consider she is a waste of space. Please stand for both Town Council and Cornwall Council Ron. You speak an awful lot of sense and are clearly in touch with what ordinary working people want sorted out. I hope you are going for the current vacancy on the Town Council, you should sail into the posy. The simple fact is Cllr Haycock is totally out of her depth, and does not realise she is consider a joke by both the people of Helston and Cornwall Council. Thats why she has never been given a position with any real authority, just non jobs with no influence whatsoever. David Pascoe
  • Score: 0

12:28pm Tue 22 Jan 13

ronedgcumbe says...

Thanks David for your kind words and support. I did consider the current vacancy on the town council but have now reconsiderd my application. I feel without being directly elected I would not have the mandate for the points I wish to raise. I understand why Co-opting is nessesary but would rather wait the there months for the elections proper. Thanks again David I will keep you informed.
Thanks David for your kind words and support. I did consider the current vacancy on the town council but have now reconsiderd my application. I feel without being directly elected I would not have the mandate for the points I wish to raise. I understand why Co-opting is nessesary but would rather wait the there months for the elections proper. Thanks again David I will keep you informed. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 0

1:01pm Tue 22 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

Ron you previously stated you would be standing for Cornwall Councillor as well as Town Councillor, what area of Helston will you be standing for as Cornwall Councillor ?
Ron you previously stated you would be standing for Cornwall Councillor as well as Town Councillor, what area of Helston will you be standing for as Cornwall Councillor ? Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

1:06pm Tue 22 Jan 13

The Good Shepheard says...

I live near the old prison, and was absolutely told by Cllr Haycock that she had the ear of the Cornwall planning officer who was making the decision, and it would definately be refused as its too many houses on that site, and parking is already a nightmare around that area. She told quite a few of us that we neednt worry, sas the Cornwall council member for that area she had the last say and it would never be built. Result, its been built.
I also heard from another neighbour that she used to be on the Town Council some years ago. Apparently at one meeting she complained bitterly no one took her seriously, burst into tears be she was being laughed at, and then promptly resigned.
Ron is so right, the centre of the twon needs decent councillor for the Town, and she is simply not up to the job.

I echo Fred Pascoes comments, please Ron do stand so someone will stand up for the working man and women, not this useless councillor who fails in everything she does.
I live near the old prison, and was absolutely told by Cllr Haycock that she had the ear of the Cornwall planning officer who was making the decision, and it would definately be refused as its too many houses on that site, and parking is already a nightmare around that area. She told quite a few of us that we neednt worry, sas the Cornwall council member for that area she had the last say and it would never be built. Result, its been built. I also heard from another neighbour that she used to be on the Town Council some years ago. Apparently at one meeting she complained bitterly no one took her seriously, burst into tears be she was being laughed at, and then promptly resigned. Ron is so right, the centre of the twon needs decent councillor for the Town, and she is simply not up to the job. I echo Fred Pascoes comments, please Ron do stand so someone will stand up for the working man and women, not this useless councillor who fails in everything she does. The Good Shepheard
  • Score: 0

1:07pm Tue 22 Jan 13

ronedgcumbe says...

Sorry that should read three months. Phone has mind of it's own I'm afraid. Incidently I think many of the problems with the Helston council are caused by this Co-opting process. Only one council member has actually been elected by the normal method of democratic election. Not the fault of the council I know but I do wish more people would stand.
Sorry that should read three months. Phone has mind of it's own I'm afraid. Incidently I think many of the problems with the Helston council are caused by this Co-opting process. Only one council member has actually been elected by the normal method of democratic election. Not the fault of the council I know but I do wish more people would stand. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 0

1:12pm Tue 22 Jan 13

ronedgcumbe says...

I am still not sure Gill. I would like to know the outcome of the councilors allowance rise debate before making a decision. The last I heard it was being reconsidered
I am still not sure Gill. I would like to know the outcome of the councilors allowance rise debate before making a decision. The last I heard it was being reconsidered ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 0

1:14pm Tue 22 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

The Good Sheapherd, have you moved then? Because you previously said you had the misfortune to live in Porthleven.

Ron is it a secret which division of Helston you will be standing for as a Cornwall Councillor ?
The Good Sheapherd, have you moved then? Because you previously said you had the misfortune to live in Porthleven. Ron is it a secret which division of Helston you will be standing for as a Cornwall Councillor ? Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

1:15pm Tue 22 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
I am still not sure Gill. I would like to know the outcome of the councilors allowance rise debate before making a decision. The last I heard it was being reconsidered
Ron don't worry about the allowances, that should not stop anyone standing for councillor.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: I am still not sure Gill. I would like to know the outcome of the councilors allowance rise debate before making a decision. The last I heard it was being reconsidered[/p][/quote]Ron don't worry about the allowances, that should not stop anyone standing for councillor. Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

1:41pm Tue 22 Jan 13

The Good Shepheard says...

To Gill, yes I have moved. I rented in porthleven, but have now moved into sanctuary lane since my mum passed away. I attended lots of meetings to try and help my mum, who was totally against the old prison development. I stupidly believed what cllr haycock told us all.
Thats why I desperately want Ron to stand, so I can vote for him and get a lot of my neighbours to vote for him. We are all absolutely fed up with useless Judith Haycock, who turns her nose up at us and will not talk to many residents unless its to ask people to vote for her. She has been an absolute disaster, and my late Mum told her so.
To Gill, yes I have moved. I rented in porthleven, but have now moved into sanctuary lane since my mum passed away. I attended lots of meetings to try and help my mum, who was totally against the old prison development. I stupidly believed what cllr haycock told us all. Thats why I desperately want Ron to stand, so I can vote for him and get a lot of my neighbours to vote for him. We are all absolutely fed up with useless Judith Haycock, who turns her nose up at us and will not talk to many residents unless its to ask people to vote for her. She has been an absolute disaster, and my late Mum told her so. The Good Shepheard
  • Score: 0

1:44pm Tue 22 Jan 13

ronedgcumbe says...

Gill Zella Martin 09 wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
I am still not sure Gill. I would like to know the outcome of the councilors allowance rise debate before making a decision. The last I heard it was being reconsidered
Ron don't worry about the allowances, that should not stop anyone standing for councillor.
No Gill I would like to stand against someone who voted for and intends to accept the allowance as I feel there position would be untenable.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: I am still not sure Gill. I would like to know the outcome of the councilors allowance rise debate before making a decision. The last I heard it was being reconsidered[/p][/quote]Ron don't worry about the allowances, that should not stop anyone standing for councillor.[/p][/quote]No Gill I would like to stand against someone who voted for and intends to accept the allowance as I feel there position would be untenable. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 0

2:05pm Tue 22 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

The Good Shepheard wrote:
To Gill, yes I have moved. I rented in porthleven, but have now moved into sanctuary lane since my mum passed away. I attended lots of meetings to try and help my mum, who was totally against the old prison development. I stupidly believed what cllr haycock told us all.
Thats why I desperately want Ron to stand, so I can vote for him and get a lot of my neighbours to vote for him. We are all absolutely fed up with useless Judith Haycock, who turns her nose up at us and will not talk to many residents unless its to ask people to vote for her. She has been an absolute disaster, and my late Mum told her so.
Why will Councillor Haycock not talk to many residents ? A councillor should be prepared to talk to anyone, particularly those in the area they represent. Perhaps I may try talking to her. I personally did not think the development proposals were suitable for the old Helston jail because of the lack of parking.
[quote][p][bold]The Good Shepheard[/bold] wrote: To Gill, yes I have moved. I rented in porthleven, but have now moved into sanctuary lane since my mum passed away. I attended lots of meetings to try and help my mum, who was totally against the old prison development. I stupidly believed what cllr haycock told us all. Thats why I desperately want Ron to stand, so I can vote for him and get a lot of my neighbours to vote for him. We are all absolutely fed up with useless Judith Haycock, who turns her nose up at us and will not talk to many residents unless its to ask people to vote for her. She has been an absolute disaster, and my late Mum told her so.[/p][/quote]Why will Councillor Haycock not talk to many residents ? A councillor should be prepared to talk to anyone, particularly those in the area they represent. Perhaps I may try talking to her. I personally did not think the development proposals were suitable for the old Helston jail because of the lack of parking. Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

3:02pm Tue 22 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Gill Zella Martin 09 wrote:
ronedgcumbe wrote:
I am still not sure Gill. I would like to know the outcome of the councilors allowance rise debate before making a decision. The last I heard it was being reconsidered
Ron don't worry about the allowances, that should not stop anyone standing for councillor.
No Gill I would like to stand against someone who voted for and intends to accept the allowance as I feel there position would be untenable.
Oh dear, if you are referring to who I think you are, I think the person happens to be an excellent Councillor and that they have acheived a great deal for the area they cover and at county level. I would like to see them re elected.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gill Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: I am still not sure Gill. I would like to know the outcome of the councilors allowance rise debate before making a decision. The last I heard it was being reconsidered[/p][/quote]Ron don't worry about the allowances, that should not stop anyone standing for councillor.[/p][/quote]No Gill I would like to stand against someone who voted for and intends to accept the allowance as I feel there position would be untenable.[/p][/quote]Oh dear, if you are referring to who I think you are, I think the person happens to be an excellent Councillor and that they have acheived a great deal for the area they cover and at county level. I would like to see them re elected. Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

3:28pm Tue 22 Jan 13

ronedgcumbe says...

The Good Shepheard wrote:
I live near the old prison, and was absolutely told by Cllr Haycock that she had the ear of the Cornwall planning officer who was making the decision, and it would definately be refused as its too many houses on that site, and parking is already a nightmare around that area. She told quite a few of us that we neednt worry, sas the Cornwall council member for that area she had the last say and it would never be built. Result, its been built.
I also heard from another neighbour that she used to be on the Town Council some years ago. Apparently at one meeting she complained bitterly no one took her seriously, burst into tears be she was being laughed at, and then promptly resigned.
Ron is so right, the centre of the twon needs decent councillor for the Town, and she is simply not up to the job.

I echo Fred Pascoes comments, please Ron do stand so someone will stand up for the working man and women, not this useless councillor who fails in everything she does.
Thanks The Good Shepheard. I was amazed when the old prison development went ahead. It does seen that residence get heard in some parts of the town and not others. I wonder why?
[quote][p][bold]The Good Shepheard[/bold] wrote: I live near the old prison, and was absolutely told by Cllr Haycock that she had the ear of the Cornwall planning officer who was making the decision, and it would definately be refused as its too many houses on that site, and parking is already a nightmare around that area. She told quite a few of us that we neednt worry, sas the Cornwall council member for that area she had the last say and it would never be built. Result, its been built. I also heard from another neighbour that she used to be on the Town Council some years ago. Apparently at one meeting she complained bitterly no one took her seriously, burst into tears be she was being laughed at, and then promptly resigned. Ron is so right, the centre of the twon needs decent councillor for the Town, and she is simply not up to the job. I echo Fred Pascoes comments, please Ron do stand so someone will stand up for the working man and women, not this useless councillor who fails in everything she does.[/p][/quote]Thanks The Good Shepheard. I was amazed when the old prison development went ahead. It does seen that residence get heard in some parts of the town and not others. I wonder why? ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 0

3:41pm Tue 22 Jan 13

meerkats says...

hope you will stand for both Ron. .Idont know anything about this Cllr Haycock myself, but from reading the comments she does not sound very good at her job and not popular with many. As for not talking to residents unless after their votes, that is not on at all.
hope you will stand for both Ron. .Idont know anything about this Cllr Haycock myself, but from reading the comments she does not sound very good at her job and not popular with many. As for not talking to residents unless after their votes, that is not on at all. meerkats
  • Score: 0

3:46pm Tue 22 Jan 13

meerkats says...

Ron, are you sure you havent changed your mind because you wouldnt want to be aTwon councillor as opposed to a town councillor. lol
Ron, are you sure you havent changed your mind because you wouldnt want to be aTwon councillor as opposed to a town councillor. lol meerkats
  • Score: 0

4:39pm Tue 22 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

Am I right in saying Ron that if you are planning on standing against the Councillor you mentioned earlier, then you obviously do not live in the right part of Helston to stand against Councillor Judith Haycock. ?
Am I right in saying Ron that if you are planning on standing against the Councillor you mentioned earlier, then you obviously do not live in the right part of Helston to stand against Councillor Judith Haycock. ? Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

4:51pm Tue 22 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

I think you should stand for a Town Councillor Ron.
I think you should stand for a Town Councillor Ron. Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

5:07pm Tue 22 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

Back to the original article, if some members of the Town Council are worried about losing a couple of parking bays because of the impact of the vitality on the town centre, then may I suggest they spend some of the section 106 money and introduce extra parking bays in a more appropriate place. Altering the layout of the parking bays on one side Coinagehall Street would produce an increase in bays. Increasing the time one can stay in a free bay would be beneficial for the trade in the town. It would appear however, this has been frequently mentioned by several people but nothing ever happens. Incidentally, how long has the section 106 money been available now ?
Back to the original article, if some members of the Town Council are worried about losing a couple of parking bays because of the impact of the vitality on the town centre, then may I suggest they spend some of the section 106 money and introduce extra parking bays in a more appropriate place. Altering the layout of the parking bays on one side Coinagehall Street would produce an increase in bays. Increasing the time one can stay in a free bay would be beneficial for the trade in the town. It would appear however, this has been frequently mentioned by several people but nothing ever happens. Incidentally, how long has the section 106 money been available now ? Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

10:40pm Tue 22 Jan 13

ronedgcumbe says...

I certainly agree Gill. Many people have been stating this for a long time, Increasing short term free parking will increase passing trade. But not in a position uphill and in a position that could endanger people like at the ambulance hall.
Ref the other point It was directed at cornwall council who as far as I know have not disclosed a list of sitting councilors intentions as to the increased allowance and not a comment directed at a individual councilor.
I also live in penberthy road so Mrs Haycock is my county representative.
Also Gill I think you are wrong with the restricions that are imposed on county elections as I stood for the lib dems in Wendron without any connection the last county but have learned a bit since then. Stay local.
I certainly agree Gill. Many people have been stating this for a long time, Increasing short term free parking will increase passing trade. But not in a position uphill and in a position that could endanger people like at the ambulance hall. Ref the other point It was directed at cornwall council who as far as I know have not disclosed a list of sitting councilors intentions as to the increased allowance and not a comment directed at a individual councilor. I also live in penberthy road so Mrs Haycock is my county representative. Also Gill I think you are wrong with the restricions that are imposed on county elections as I stood for the lib dems in Wendron without any connection the last county but have learned a bit since then. Stay local. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 0

7:22am Wed 23 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
I certainly agree Gill. Many people have been stating this for a long time, Increasing short term free parking will increase passing trade. But not in a position uphill and in a position that could endanger people like at the ambulance hall.
Ref the other point It was directed at cornwall council who as far as I know have not disclosed a list of sitting councilors intentions as to the increased allowance and not a comment directed at a individual councilor.
I also live in penberthy road so Mrs Haycock is my county representative.
Also Gill I think you are wrong with the restricions that are imposed on county elections as I stood for the lib dems in Wendron without any connection the last county but have learned a bit since then. Stay local.
Ron, that was my point exactly, the parking bays need to be in the right place not were they restrict vision on entry/exit to anywhere or cause any problem at all. Thank you for your information, I was only interested as to where you were going to stand for election simply because I would like to see new Councillors replacing those existing ones that in my opinion are not so good, as opposed to seeing existing ones that are very good replaced. Of course that is only my personal opinion and do not expect anyone to agree. I do wonder though if the only reason you were allowed at Wendron was because it is within three miles of Helston and you live in Helston. When you get elected as town councillor please try to stop any more section 106 money being wasted lol as someone previously said, it is all too easy to spend other people's money.
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: I certainly agree Gill. Many people have been stating this for a long time, Increasing short term free parking will increase passing trade. But not in a position uphill and in a position that could endanger people like at the ambulance hall. Ref the other point It was directed at cornwall council who as far as I know have not disclosed a list of sitting councilors intentions as to the increased allowance and not a comment directed at a individual councilor. I also live in penberthy road so Mrs Haycock is my county representative. Also Gill I think you are wrong with the restricions that are imposed on county elections as I stood for the lib dems in Wendron without any connection the last county but have learned a bit since then. Stay local.[/p][/quote]Ron, that was my point exactly, the parking bays need to be in the right place not were they restrict vision on entry/exit to anywhere or cause any problem at all. Thank you for your information, I was only interested as to where you were going to stand for election simply because I would like to see new Councillors replacing those existing ones that in my opinion are not so good, as opposed to seeing existing ones that are very good replaced. Of course that is only my personal opinion and do not expect anyone to agree. I do wonder though if the only reason you were allowed at Wendron was because it is within three miles of Helston and you live in Helston. When you get elected as town councillor please try to stop any more section 106 money being wasted lol as someone previously said, it is all too easy to spend other people's money. Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

12:02pm Wed 23 Jan 13

The Good Shepheard says...

meerkats, you are correct. Cllr Haycock is not very good at her job. If you are ordinary working folk then you do not count and she is not interested in your views, except at election time.

She is a social climber desperate to be seen as The Good & The Great of Helston, and ordinary people cannot help this climb.
For example look at The Packet a few weeks ago, with a picture of Cllr Haycock and Cllrs Boase (also social climbers and desperate to be classed as important people) on the front page outside the Museum, and how they are going to save it from closure. Why have they suddenly become high profile on this cause. Because Sir Ferrers Vyvyan is involved, and they can then namedrop "I said this to Sir Ferrers".
Ordinary people dont count. Simple as that.
And Ron, you are absolutely correct in that Cllr Haycock voted to give herself a 20% payrise, while all the Cornwall Council services are being slashed. Talk about self interest. Shut Helston toilets, but give me a payrise.

QED
meerkats, you are correct. Cllr Haycock is not very good at her job. If you are ordinary working folk then you do not count and she is not interested in your views, except at election time. She is a social climber desperate to be seen as The Good & The Great of Helston, and ordinary people cannot help this climb. For example look at The Packet a few weeks ago, with a picture of Cllr Haycock and Cllrs Boase (also social climbers and desperate to be classed as important people) on the front page outside the Museum, and how they are going to save it from closure. Why have they suddenly become high profile on this cause. Because Sir Ferrers Vyvyan is involved, and they can then namedrop "I said this to Sir Ferrers". Ordinary people dont count. Simple as that. And Ron, you are absolutely correct in that Cllr Haycock voted to give herself a 20% payrise, while all the Cornwall Council services are being slashed. Talk about self interest. Shut Helston toilets, but give me a payrise. QED The Good Shepheard
  • Score: 0

6:23pm Wed 23 Jan 13

JudithH says...

Good Shepheard I would like to correct some of the statements you have made about me.
I have never, at any meeting, “complained bitterly no one took her seriously, burst into tears be she was being laughed”. I did not resign from Helston Town Council; I was elected as a town councillor, severed my term and then did not stand at the 2003 election. In response to your comment “she has never been given a position with any real authority, just non jobs with no influence whatsoever”, I have been the Chairman of one of Cornwall Council’s Scrutiny Committees for the last four years- unanimously elected by the committee every year and next in line in seniority to the cabinet members. I am sorry that you have the impression that “she turns her nose up at us and will not talk to many residents”. All my contact details are publically available, and I am talking to residents, and helping them, 7 days a week.
And by the way Ferris Vyvyan became involved with the Museum after we formed the Trust. He was aware who the Trustees were when he offered his support.
Good Shepheard I would like to correct some of the statements you have made about me. I have never, at any meeting, “complained bitterly no one took her seriously, burst into tears be she was being laughed”. I did not resign from Helston Town Council; I was elected as a town councillor, severed my term and then did not stand at the 2003 election. In response to your comment “she has never been given a position with any real authority, just non jobs with no influence whatsoever”, I have been the Chairman of one of Cornwall Council’s Scrutiny Committees for the last four years- unanimously elected by the committee every year and next in line in seniority to the cabinet members. I am sorry that you have the impression that “she turns her nose up at us and will not talk to many residents”. All my contact details are publically available, and I am talking to residents, and helping them, 7 days a week. And by the way Ferris Vyvyan became involved with the Museum after we formed the Trust. He was aware who the Trustees were when he offered his support. JudithH
  • Score: 0

8:36pm Wed 23 Jan 13

helstonborn says...

@meerkat- I'm not sure you can count Cllr Haycock as 'not being popular with many' having read the biased opinions of half a dozen internet trolls trying to belittle opposition, especially as half of them are hide behind 'online names' knowing what they type could be considered liable. Get some proper facts and form your own opinions.
I took the time to find out where Cllr Haycock lives and it's a mere two doors away from the prison development- surely if she 'had the ear of the planning officer' as you claim she said she'd have done everything she could in her own best interest? but planning laws are a pain!
@meerkat- I'm not sure you can count Cllr Haycock as 'not being popular with many' having read the biased opinions of half a dozen internet trolls trying to belittle opposition, especially as half of them are hide behind 'online names' knowing what they type could be considered liable. Get some proper facts and form your own opinions. I took the time to find out where Cllr Haycock lives and it's a mere two doors away from the prison development- surely if she 'had the ear of the planning officer' as you claim she said she'd have done everything she could in her own best interest? but planning laws are a pain! helstonborn
  • Score: 0

9:17pm Wed 23 Jan 13

meerkats says...

helstonborn wrote:
@meerkat- I'm not sure you can count Cllr Haycock as 'not being popular with many' having read the biased opinions of half a dozen internet trolls trying to belittle opposition, especially as half of them are hide behind 'online names' knowing what they type could be considered liable. Get some proper facts and form your own opinions.
I took the time to find out where Cllr Haycock lives and it's a mere two doors away from the prison development- surely if she 'had the ear of the planning officer' as you claim she said she'd have done everything she could in her own best interest? but planning laws are a pain!
I did not say she had the ear of the planning officer in my comment. i will form my own opinion of her if i am in her electoral ward ,i was merely stating that i did not know her and from other comments she doesnt sound popular. i will not be swayed by other peoples opinion and dont think calling other commenters trolls is very nice.
[quote][p][bold]helstonborn[/bold] wrote: @meerkat- I'm not sure you can count Cllr Haycock as 'not being popular with many' having read the biased opinions of half a dozen internet trolls trying to belittle opposition, especially as half of them are hide behind 'online names' knowing what they type could be considered liable. Get some proper facts and form your own opinions. I took the time to find out where Cllr Haycock lives and it's a mere two doors away from the prison development- surely if she 'had the ear of the planning officer' as you claim she said she'd have done everything she could in her own best interest? but planning laws are a pain![/p][/quote]I did not say she had the ear of the planning officer in my comment. i will form my own opinion of her if i am in her electoral ward ,i was merely stating that i did not know her and from other comments she doesnt sound popular. i will not be swayed by other peoples opinion and dont think calling other commenters trolls is very nice. meerkats
  • Score: 0

9:28pm Wed 23 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

helstonborn wrote:
@meerkat- I'm not sure you can count Cllr Haycock as 'not being popular with many' having read the biased opinions of half a dozen internet trolls trying to belittle opposition, especially as half of them are hide behind 'online names' knowing what they type could be considered liable. Get some proper facts and form your own opinions.
I took the time to find out where Cllr Haycock lives and it's a mere two doors away from the prison development- surely if she 'had the ear of the planning officer' as you claim she said she'd have done everything she could in her own best interest? but planning laws are a pain!
As you state half a dozen Internet trolls, I assume I am included in your category. Firstly, I do not have biased opinions, secondly there is no opposition as far as I am concerned as I am not standing for any Councillors job, and I do not know anyone personally that will be standing as a new candidate, added to which I have already stated that I believe there are some very good Councillors within Cornwall Council and I would like to see them re elected. I additionally stated that In my personal opinion there are some not so good ones which I would be happy to see replaced with new candidates, I did not however state that I was referring to any of the Helston Councillors. I am quite aware of Councillor Judith Haycocks achievements and I am never influenced by others opinions, I make my own opinions and that is exactly why I stated I may talk to Councillor Judith Haycock.
[quote][p][bold]helstonborn[/bold] wrote: @meerkat- I'm not sure you can count Cllr Haycock as 'not being popular with many' having read the biased opinions of half a dozen internet trolls trying to belittle opposition, especially as half of them are hide behind 'online names' knowing what they type could be considered liable. Get some proper facts and form your own opinions. I took the time to find out where Cllr Haycock lives and it's a mere two doors away from the prison development- surely if she 'had the ear of the planning officer' as you claim she said she'd have done everything she could in her own best interest? but planning laws are a pain![/p][/quote]As you state half a dozen Internet trolls, I assume I am included in your category. Firstly, I do not have biased opinions, secondly there is no opposition as far as I am concerned as I am not standing for any Councillors job, and I do not know anyone personally that will be standing as a new candidate, added to which I have already stated that I believe there are some very good Councillors within Cornwall Council and I would like to see them re elected. I additionally stated that In my personal opinion there are some not so good ones which I would be happy to see replaced with new candidates, I did not however state that I was referring to any of the Helston Councillors. I am quite aware of Councillor Judith Haycocks achievements and I am never influenced by others opinions, I make my own opinions and that is exactly why I stated I may talk to Councillor Judith Haycock. Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

9:41pm Wed 23 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

Incidentally helstonborn, if you notice, I suggested that Ron should stand for Town Councillor, therefore does that sound like I want to see any of the Helston Cornwall Councillors replaced.
Incidentally helstonborn, if you notice, I suggested that Ron should stand for Town Councillor, therefore does that sound like I want to see any of the Helston Cornwall Councillors replaced. Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

9:44pm Wed 23 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

Oh and just to clarify, I am not suggesting Ron replaces any particular Town Councillor either, there is currently a vacancy as far as I believe and possibly more if anyone decides to stand down at the next election.
Oh and just to clarify, I am not suggesting Ron replaces any particular Town Councillor either, there is currently a vacancy as far as I believe and possibly more if anyone decides to stand down at the next election. Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

10:11pm Wed 23 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

One other observation helstonborn, you categorised several of us as Internet trolls and wrongly accused me of having biased opinions and wrongly accused me of trying to belittle opposition etc which in my opinion are derogatory remarks, you then made reference to those using on line names, is that not exactly what you have done, I believe you made your unjust remarks under an online name!
One other observation helstonborn, you categorised several of us as Internet trolls and wrongly accused me of having biased opinions and wrongly accused me of trying to belittle opposition etc which in my opinion are derogatory remarks, you then made reference to those using on line names, is that not exactly what you have done, I believe you made your unjust remarks under an online name! Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

10:29pm Wed 23 Jan 13

meerkats says...

Gill Zella Martin 09 wrote:
One other observation helstonborn, you categorised several of us as Internet trolls and wrongly accused me of having biased opinions and wrongly accused me of trying to belittle opposition etc which in my opinion are derogatory remarks, you then made reference to those using on line names, is that not exactly what you have done, I believe you made your unjust remarks under an online name!
I use an online name for personal reasons ,and would never hide behind it to make nasty remarks about anyone . Helstonborns comment was wrong and unfair , and totally uncalled for.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Zella Martin 09[/bold] wrote: One other observation helstonborn, you categorised several of us as Internet trolls and wrongly accused me of having biased opinions and wrongly accused me of trying to belittle opposition etc which in my opinion are derogatory remarks, you then made reference to those using on line names, is that not exactly what you have done, I believe you made your unjust remarks under an online name![/p][/quote]I use an online name for personal reasons ,and would never hide behind it to make nasty remarks about anyone . Helstonborns comment was wrong and unfair , and totally uncalled for. meerkats
  • Score: 0

11:30am Thu 24 Jan 13

David Pascoe says...

It may be old, but the saying "By their words shall ye knoweth them" is so true in Cllr Haycocks case.
She is such a desperate social climber, and wants frenetically to be associated with the good and the great.
Most normal working people would refer to Sir Ferres Vyvyan as exactly that. Sir.
However Cllr Haycock arrogantly calls him in a public posting Ferrers Vyvyan.
A simple Freudian slip exposes all.
This is saying I am on first name terms with this extremely important person, and don't you forget it and the fact I mix and mingle with important people like this.
Actions such as this are the main reason Lib Dem supporters such as myself as deserting the party in droves and joining UKIP. They have no pretensions of grandeur, just want to help the people who voted for them, and those that didnt.
You voted for the 20% payrise while increasing the rates for the poorest in the community and slashing jobs in Cornwall Council. Guess what
You will not get the chance to draw the 20% payrise. The electorate have seen through you.
It may be old, but the saying "By their words shall ye knoweth them" is so true in Cllr Haycocks case. She is such a desperate social climber, and wants frenetically to be associated with the good and the great. Most normal working people would refer to Sir Ferres Vyvyan as exactly that. Sir. However Cllr Haycock arrogantly calls him in a public posting Ferrers Vyvyan. A simple Freudian slip exposes all. This is saying I am on first name terms with this extremely important person, and don't you forget it and the fact I mix and mingle with important people like this. Actions such as this are the main reason Lib Dem supporters such as myself as deserting the party in droves and joining UKIP. They have no pretensions of grandeur, just want to help the people who voted for them, and those that didnt. You voted for the 20% payrise while increasing the rates for the poorest in the community and slashing jobs in Cornwall Council. Guess what You will not get the chance to draw the 20% payrise. The electorate have seen through you. David Pascoe
  • Score: 0

2:06pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

In all fairness, whatever any Councillor would like to see happen or not happen does not always work out the way they want. If there is a democratic vote over an issue then it obviously will not work out in everyone's favour. What Councillor Judith Haycock may like to see happen ie: proposing the removal of a parking bay/bays , if she was democratically voted against on the proposal then there would be little she could do about it. If hypothetically anyone voted against any of her ideas simply because it was her personally that proposed them, then that would be a detrimental move by those doing so, as they would obviously be letting personal feelings affect their judgement, in which case I personally would think they would be the ones not suitable as Councillors.
I believe there is a case to remove the bays, vision is restricted there, and one does not need to wait for an accident to happen before one implements a safety provision.
In all fairness, whatever any Councillor would like to see happen or not happen does not always work out the way they want. If there is a democratic vote over an issue then it obviously will not work out in everyone's favour. What Councillor Judith Haycock may like to see happen ie: proposing the removal of a parking bay/bays , if she was democratically voted against on the proposal then there would be little she could do about it. If hypothetically anyone voted against any of her ideas simply because it was her personally that proposed them, then that would be a detrimental move by those doing so, as they would obviously be letting personal feelings affect their judgement, in which case I personally would think they would be the ones not suitable as Councillors. I believe there is a case to remove the bays, vision is restricted there, and one does not need to wait for an accident to happen before one implements a safety provision. Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

2:18pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Gill Zella Martin 09 says...

Incidentally it says a letter of objection from a resident, what, just one resident objected and that gives cause to decline something. I doubt very much the resident had "the vitality" of the town in mind.
Incidentally it says a letter of objection from a resident, what, just one resident objected and that gives cause to decline something. I doubt very much the resident had "the vitality" of the town in mind. Gill Zella Martin 09
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree