Christmas Day chimney fire at iconic Newquay hotel

First published in Truro Falmouth Packet: Photograph of the Author by , Ex-Reporter/Photographer

Firefighters were hard at work yesterday evening tackling a chimney fire in a landmark Newquay hotel.

A fire engine and the aerial ladder platform from Newquay Community Fire Station were called to the incident, at the four-storey Headland Hotel, at about 8pm.

After extinguishing the flames, the fire crew used a thermal imaging camera to check that the fire had not spread before leaving the scene at 9.50pm.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree