A member of staff at Truro’s Royal Cornwall Hospital was forced to used a fire extinguisher when a small fire broke out this morning.
Six of the city’s firefighters were called to the hospital at Treliske just after 9am, when the alarms went off in the medical services block.
It was confirmed that there had been a small fire in some medical equipment, but a staff member had used a carbon dioxide extinguisher to put it out before the fire service arrived.
The crew members isolated the electrics to the area before ventilating the area.
They then carried out an investigation to make sure the fire was completely out.