Helston gave up a three goal lead to draw 3-3 with league new boys Sticker at Burngullow Park on Saturday.

The result means Sid Talyor's Blues lose further ground on Godolphin and Wadebridge at the top of the league, with Wadebridge beating Perranporth 4-0 on the road leaving them level on points with Helston with two games in hand.

Top scorer Mark Goldsworthy opened the the Blues' account for the afternoon in the 20th minute with a well taken goal, and Sid Taylor's side went on to dominate the first half for large periods.

They were rewarded for their perseverance just before the break when Goldsworthy's strike partner, the equally deadly Liam Eddy, notched up his 18th of the season to leave Sticker a mountain to climb.

After the break the game resumed in much the same vein, with Helston making all the running and Sticker forced to defend, but gradually the home side played their way back into the game.

However, a second Goldsworthy strike looked to have put the game beyond the home side before Sticker staged a remarkable comeback.

Adam Holland put Sticker back in contention with a looping header that somehow evaded the Helston keeper, and suddenly the complexion of the game seemed to change.

Sticker were rejuvenated, and started playing more positively as they hunted for a second.

And they were duly rewarded when a free kick wide on the left found player-manager Andrew Avery lurking on the edge of the area.

Avery's bullet-header put Sticker right back into contention, and Helston looked increasingly unsure of themselves.

The comeback was finally complete fifteen minutes from time when Bradley Ralph latched on to Liam Dingle's corner to lob the ball into the back of the net from 10 yards out.



THIS was a game Porthleven will have expected nothing from, given the excellent recent for of Callington Town.

But Dennis Annear’s side are as fearless as they are at times reckles, and in the end a draw was a fair result.

Even so, after 20 minutes it looked as though Port would do well to keep the score respectable after Callington raced into an early two-goal lead with barely 20 minutes on the clock.

Two contentious penalty decisions followed, with the first awarded against Dan Tarrant after he was adjudged to have pulled down Ryan Lucasi in the box.

Lucasis stepped up to slot away the opener, before minutes later a second sloppy penalty allowed Lucasi to tuck away his second of the day.

But Port battled back, and Jordan Annear had a header punched clear,  before Dominic Batchelor drove a long shot over the bar.

The visitors were rewarded with an equaliser when Dan McGee bundled in after the ball ahd come back off the croassbar from a defelcted shot.

Porthleven’s tails were up at this point, and Annear’s side sniffed an equaliser.

Jowan Shainberg had looked dangerous all afternoon, with much of Porthleven’s best attacking football going through the talented youngster.

And it was Shainberg who put Porthleven back on level terms with an excellent finish.

At this point it looked as though Porthleven would go on and win the game, with Annear’s side completely dominant.

But it was the home side who spurned a last-gasp opportunity to take all three points with barely five minutes left on the clock.

Unbelivebaly, Callington were awardede a third penalty for an inocuos challenge in the box, but this time Bryan Scoffin, a recent signing from Falmouth Town, did brilliantly to palm the ball to safety.

Porthleven host Penryn on Saturday.