Falmouth Town captain Jason Chapman produced a string of superb saves to help his side secure a share of the points in an exciting game against Saltash at Bickland Park.

Town were under intense pressure for much of the ninety minutes, but try as they might Saltash coulnd't find a way past the in-form Chapman.

In the first half Dimitri Kanakh, Danny Zalick and Matt Godfree all saw goalbound shots tipped around the post by Chapman when they looked odds-on to score.

Glenn squires had Falmouth's best chance after latching on to a stray back pass only to fire straight at keeper Nathan Murphy.

The Ashes had the ball in the back of the net just before the stroke of half time, but Sam Hughes fell foul of the offside flag.

 In the second half Saltash poured forward looking for an opener.

Tom Russell went close with a headed effort from just outside the six yard box, but Chapman was once again on-hand to palm the ball wide.

The visitors continued to look dangerous on the break, and as the game wore on Falmouth found themselves pegged back into their own half.

But despite creating a slew of chances Chapman denied the visitors time and time again with fingertip saves.

With 20 minutes left to play there was controversy when Glenn Squires latched on to a Ross Pope through-ball over the top, only to be bundled to the ground by Saltash defender Gavin Coulton on the edge of the box.

Despite being the last man back, referee Tim Burley awarded a yellow card.

The Ashes had a late chance to win the game when Russell's 20 yard volley resulted in Chapman producing the save of the game, leaping high to his right to tip a shot over the bar that looked to be heading for the top corner.

FALMOUTH TOWN: J. Chapman, L. Jeffries, J. Webb, T. Whipp, R. Kellow, K. Turner, D. Friend, R. Pope, D. Richardson, G. Squires, M. Drummond (T Dunstan 88) SUBS: L. Murray, J. Greet, I. Boon

SALTASH UNITED: N. Murphy, S. Clark, S. Jewell, G. Coulton, T. Clark (L. Russell 21), M. Godfree, D. Zalick, A. Cusack, S. Hughes, D. Kanakh, M. Cusack (O. Bennetts 79)

Elsewhere in the Peninsula League premier division Bovey Tracey drew 1-1 at home to Bobby Oaten's St Blazey; Cullompton put four past struggling Penzance on their way to a 4-1 home victory; Launceston strolled to a 3-1 victory at home against Liskeard; and Liverton ran Plymouth Parkway close at Pennygillam, eventually losing 1-0.