Wendron were the weekend's big winners in the Westinsure Cornwall Senior Cup preliminary round, with Paul Murray's side smashing nine unanswered goals past Goonhavern away from home.

Top scorer Luke Wort helped himself to four of them as Wendron tore Goonhavern apart and showed once again why many tip them to challenge for honours in the Combination League this season.

Jason Roberts opened the scoring for Wendron early on, before Justin Searle's long range effort doubled their lead.

Wort's first and Wendron's third came soon after, followed by a goal from Matt Rose.

Chris Madeley's header, and another for Roberts gace Wendron an already unassailable lead at half time, but they weren't finished.

After the break it got worse for Goonhavern, who first conceded a penalty which Wort tucked away, before he found the top corner to cap a stunning afternoon for the 'dron.




Nathan Angove's stoppage time goal sent Falmoth Athletic into the next round of the cup just as the game looked to be heading for extra time.

Nanpean had taken the lead in the tenth minute when Casey Laitey tapped in from close range.

But back came Athletic, who drew level barely five minutes later when Angove rose unmarked in the box to head in.

Both sides had chances in the second half, but right at the death Angove burst clear of the defence and rifled a shot at goal that keeper Lee Tanblin could only parry back into his path - Angove made no mistake at the second time of asking.




RNAS Culdrose were comprehensivbely beaten by Mevagissey away from home to end their involvement in this year's Senior Cup competition.

Martin Davey gave Mevagissey the lead in the 23rd minute before a brace each from the impressive Miles Gardner, and midfielder Richard James, put them four up.

Culdrose were awarded a penalty which Paul Wright tucked away, but Mevagissey completed the scoring just after the break to book their place in the next round.



MULLION 4 (aet)

Perranwell and Mullion coulnd't be separated in normal time, with the scores deadlocked at 2-2, but two goals in extra time from Phil Cattran saw them clinch the victory.

Ros Warra put Mullion a goal up, before Matt Lane equalised for Perranwell, then put the home side 2-1 up with his second of the game.

But Jacob Lugg's late goal took the tie into extra time, and despite Lane scoring again for Perranwell, Cattran's brace saw Mullion over line.




A hat-trick for Illogan captain Simon Ellis against St Stephens saw them cruise into the next preliminary round, but despite the scoreline Illogan first had to come from behind.

Ally Greenside put the visitors one up before Ellis put them back on level terms, then scored again to make it 2-1 at the break.

Another goal from Ellis in the second half, along with strikes from Jack Coleman and James Martin completed the scoring.




Conceding two early goals proved too much for Hayle to recover from on Saturday as they crashed out of the cup at the hands of Millbrook.

Shaun Thompson did the damage for the visitors, scoring both goals in a first half which Millbrook dominated.

Hayle battle back, but they were restricted to a solitary second half strike from Ben Hocking.




Gavin Boon's first half hat-trick set the tone for the rest of the afternoon as St Day cruised past St Dominick.

Boon opened the scoring in the 12th minute, and added to his tally ten minutes later.

His third came just before half time when he raced on to a through ball and slid his shot past the keeper.

Tom Hogarth chipped in with the fourth for St Day when he reacted quickest to a rebound after Danny Ford's shot hit the bar.

Kyle Peacock scored a late consolation goal for St Dominick when he fired in from the penalty spot, before Nathan Taylor scored the home side's fifth.


Elsewhere Probus were narrowly beaten at home by Lanreath after extra time. The game finished 1-1 in normal time, with John Mitchell putting the visitors a goal up before Probus equalised through Alex Hayhoe.

And despite an excellent performance from Probus's young keeper Taylor McDonald, he was powerless to prevent Lee Riley's late strike winning it for Lanreath.

St Ives were sent crashing out of the cup after losing 5-3 on penalties against Ludgvan at the Saltings.

The game finished 1-1 after 90 minutes thanks to goals from Curtis Richards for St IVes, and Liam Devine for Ludgvan. But a further half hour of extra time coulnd't separate the two sides, and the game went to penalties, with Ludgvan coming out on top 5-3.

Meanwhile a Mike Burn hat-trick helped St Agnes overcome Troon 5-2 away from home - Johnny Rowe and Tom Navor-Hills scored the visitors' other goals.

Rob Oldland scored both goals for Troon, with his first coming from the penalty spot.

St Just ran out 3-1 winners at home to Fowey to book their place in the next round, Stuart Nicholls giving them the lead before the break.

Captain Neil Curnow scored two more for St Just before Josh Jones scored what turned out to be little more than a consoaltion goal for Fowey late on.

In the rest of the day's games Roche beat Edgecombe by a single goal at home, and Kilkhampton put four past Morwenstow, who only managed a single goal in response.