Taylor handed fine and touchline ban following misconduct charge

Falmouth Packet: Sid Taylor pictured during Helston's Senior Cup exit at St Blazey Sid Taylor pictured during Helston's Senior Cup exit at St Blazey

Helston Athletic manager Sid Taylor has been handed a four week touchline ban and a £50 fine by the Cornwall FA for his outburst during the Blues’ game against Wadebridge in November.

Taylor was sent off by referee Tim Burley for using foul and abusive language directed towards linesman Garvin Reynolds, but confusion over the contents of the referee’s report led Helston to consider an appeal against the FA’s charge of misconduct.

But speaking to Packet Sport on Tuesday, Taylor said he and the club had begrudgingly accepted the decision.

Taylor said: “I’m sure if it went to court it would be thrown out, but I’ve got to be careful what I say.

“It seems harsh to me that they’ve come up with this with a complete lack of any evidence, but I’ve said to the club I won’t appeal. I don’t see the point.

“It’s a dugout ban, but to be fair I don’t think it achieves very much.”

In better news for Helston, Taylor revelead that striker Mark Goldsworthy was expected to stay at Kellaway Park for the remainder of the season.

Goldsworthy had been the subject of rumours about a move to SWPL premier division side St Austell, but Taylor believes the striker will remain a Blues player.

“I’ll be speaking to Goldie this week, but as far as I’m aware he’s decided to stay at the club.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree