Falmouth Athletic 2 Goonhavern 2

Falmouth Athletic remain six points clear of struggling Goonhavern at the foot of the table with five games in hand after a late goal from Steve Owen salvaged a point for Melville Benney's side.

Goonhavern took a 2-1 lead in at the break despite going behind to an early goal from Athletic's Ross Hayden, who lobbed the keeper from 35 yards out after just 15 minutes.

But a Jason Pearce free kick levelled the scores, and Adam Roseveare's goal on the half hour mark put Goonhavern into the lead.

After the break Athletic began to dominate, but Goonhavern held doggedly on to their one goal lead until five minutes from time, when Owen drilled a shot into the bottom corner.


St Day 7 Troon 0

After the abysmal weather over the last few weeks St Day have slipped to fifth place in the table, but with four games in hand on league leaders Illogan the title race is far from over.

This seven goal demolition job on bottom club Troon proved the point in specatcular fashion. 

Matt Harris's side have now scored 16 goals against Troon this season, and it was former Helston Athletic goalkeeper Jason Robertson who put them ahead with a header early on.

Dominic Pullen - who else - scored a brace for the home side, and Mikey Davies scored St Day's fourth just before the break.

Terry Rowe fizzed a free kick into the roof of the net ten minutes after the restart, and Pullen completed his hat-trick soon after.

Gavin Boon, on as a late substitute, completed the rout for St Day, but Helston's Danny Ford, moonlighting in goal for St Day, was forced to make a couple of excellent stops to ensure a clean sheet.


RNAS Culdrose 2 Illogan RBL 6

Illogan's rivals for the league title keep watching and hoping the defending champions will slip up - but so far they've been disappointed. And results like this hammering of Culdrose suggest they may be waiting a little longer yet.

Sam Waters, still managing almost a goal a game for Illogan, scored his first hat-trick for the club during a first half which the visitors dominated. 

Mike Umney put Culdrose into an early lead with a scrappy effort from close range.

But with the warm up act over the Waters show began in earnest with two quick fire strikes.

The Ilogan striker was backed up by a brace from former Penryn Athletic midfielder Matt Roberts, and a goal from Luke Johnson.

Craig Lambert scored a late consolation goal for Culdrose, but the points were never in doubt for Illogan, who face a tricky away trip to St Ives next weekend.


St Ives 2 Porthleven 1

Porthleven have been teetering on the edge of the abyss all season, only avoiding taking root at the bottom of the table because Troon have up to now matched their run of poor results.

But with five games in hand on Tony Roberts's side it's likely Troon will eventually leapfrog Porthleven, and after narrowly avoiding the drop last season it may be a bridge too far for the Fishermen this time around.

St Ives scored both goals before the break, Matt Quick beaten by Sean Roberts's chipped effort, before Roberts set up Ross Duncan for the home side's second.

Marcus Smith gave Port a sniff of a point when he tapped in from close range on the half hour mark.

But only Quick's heroics between the posts prevented St Ives from increasing their lead, and in the end it was a fair result.


Hayle 2 Penryn Athletic 1

Penryn more than matched their hosts for the majority of the first half, but a lack of ruthlessness in front of goal did for them in the end as Hayle moved above them in the table.

The visitors created several half-chances, but it was Hayle who took the lead when George Holman's cross was nodded in by Chris Bullock at the back post.

In the second half, with the wind behind them, Hayle turned the screw, but Dale Vigus saw his spot kick turned away by the Penryn keeper.

Indeed, Hayle were forced to wait until the 75th minute for their second goal, Holman's cross played back into the path of Ben Hocking who slotted in.

Ryan Reeve managed to bundle the ball over the line late on to give Penryn an outside hope of rescuing a point from the game.

But Hayle shut up shop, and Colin Quinn's side saw the clock out to take maximum points.


Falmouth Town 1 Perranwell 1

Falmouth rode their luck at times during Saturday's match at Bickland Park, but in the end a draw was a result neither side could have any complaints about.

Liam Paddock hit the post for Perranwell, who on balance looked the side more likley to take all three points, only for Jamie Gray, making his debut in goal for Town, to deny them.

The opening goal came from a defensive mistake by Falmouth which allowed Matt Lane in to slide his shot past Gray and into the back of the net.

And it looked as though Town would suffer their 15th defeat of the season until ten minutes from time when Darren Friend's free kick found the head of defender Alex Ottaway who drew Falmouth level and snatched a share of the points for Marc Rose and Danny Knowles's side.


Ludgvan 4 Mullion 1

Ludgvan's title challenge is still very much on course after they swept aside a game and highly-rated Mullion side who took the lead at Fairfield.

Alan Thomas was the scorer, cracking a shot into the back of the net from 18 yards out against the run of play.

But Ludgvan didn't panic, and some clinical finishing after the restart helped them pull well clear of the visitors.

Jamie Devine levelled in the 55th minute, and a brace from Gerens James - his 41st and 42nd goals of the season - put Ludgvan firmly in the driving seat. One of James's goals came from the penalty spot.

Tom Patrick notched Ludgvan's fourth in the last ten minutes, despite the home side being reduced to ten men due to an injury to Mark Richards having used all their subs.

Four points separate Illogan and Ludgvan, who have a game in hand on the league leaders.

And with James in such rampant goalscoring form, who would bet against them closing that gap to a single point?


St Agnes 0 St Just 2

In the absence of a game for Paul Murray's Wendron side St Just moved up to third after this scrappy win over St Agnes, who finished the game with ten men due to a sending off.

The visitors took a one goal lead in at the break thanks to an unfortunate own goal brought about by pressure from forward Ashley Ellis.

The game petered out after the restart, but  St Just made sure of the win five minutes from time when he fired in from just outside the six yard box.


Newquay 0 Redruth United 1

Redruth's impressive first season in the Jolly's Cornwall Combination League sees them still in touch with the teams at the top of table after victory over Newquay at Mount Wise.

The Peppermints were unlucky not to come away with at least a point after Jed Jenkins saw his back pass bobble over the foot of goalkeeper Joe Crane and into the back of the net.

Newquay pressed hard for an equaliser but new signing from Truro City, Barrie Wyatt, was in rare form between the posts, making save after save to deny Newquay.