Falmouth Town 0 Mullion 5

Falmouth Town reserves crashed out of the Combination League Cup at the semi-final stage after a 5-0 thrashing at Kernick Road against Mullion.

Mullion, who reached the last 16 of the Cornwall Senior Cup before losing to Bodmin Town, took the lead just before half hour mark with a goal from Alan Thomas.

Town keeper Ethan Fearn saved a penalty late in the first half to give Town a fighting chance.

But Mullion were in no mood to allow Marc Rose and Danny Knowles's side back into the game, and two quick-fire goals after the restart put paid to any hopes of a Town fightback.

Thomas scored his second in the 52nd minute, before Joe Lugg put Mullion three up less than five minutes later.

Rob Carey score Mullion's fourth just before the hour mark, and two minutes from time Carey popped up with his second of the game to seal a convincing win.

Mullion will play either Wendron United, or St Day in the final.



St Agnes 2 Penryn Athletic 2

Penryn gave up a two goal lead away at St Agnes, and in the end were grateful to come away with a point after a disappointing second half performance.

Ryan Reeve's brace put Penryn in the driving seat early on, and at half time the home side looked dead and buried.

But a goal from Sam Connolly on the hour mark gave the home side hope, and they completed their comeback in the 75th minite when Penryn failed to clear their lines and Duane Britten found the top corner from close range.


Falmouth Athletic 1 Illogan RBL 8

Falmouth Atheltic might well have gone into Saturday's encounter against league leaders and defending champions Illogan fearing the worst, but whether they anticipated conceding eight goal is doubtful.

Illogan, still smarting from their cup defeat against Wendron last week, were rampant, taking a 5-1 lead in at the break.

Things didn't get any better for Melville Benney's side after the restart, as Illogan's Sam Waters took his tally for the season to 18, to add to goals from Simon Ellis (2), Luke Johnson (2), and Steve Abbot-Smith (2).

Atheltic's consolation goal came via a Steve Owen penalty kick following an Illogan handball.


Perranwell 0 Wendron 2

Wendron scored either side of half time to keep their title hopes alive and maitain the pressure on Illogan at the top of the table.

It was a less impressive, more workmanlike performance fropm the 'dron, who opened their account int he 23rd minute when Matt Rose rippled the back of the net with a long range effort.

Perranwell looked dangerous going forward, and Wendron were far from comfortable during a well contested first half.

But Paul Murray's side landed the killer blow soon after the restart when Justin Searle fired in from the edge of the box.


Goonhavern 0 RNAS Culdrose 2

Culdrose heaped yet more misery on relegation threatened Goonahvern with a 2-0 win away from home.

The result means Goonhavern have lost no fewer than 23 times this season, and along with Porthleven and Troon, seem set for a real battle to hold on to their Combination League status.

New signing Ricky Shivlock opened the scoring for the Services five minutes before the break, tapping in from close range.

And it was Shivlock who sealed the win in the second half, latching on to a ball over the top before sliding a shot past the keeper.


Redruth United 3 Hayle 0

Redruth's triumphant debut season in the Combination League continued at home against Hayle on Saturday, with a convincing 3-0 win.

United sit fourth in the table, and seem set to have a serious say in the destination of the league title.

Ben Beesley volleyed in their opening goal before the break, before Carl Shorthouse added a second for United.

Ben Widdershoven wrapped up another impressive win with the second in the 58th minute.

St Day 0 St Just 2

St Day have been rocked by the news that, after misinterpreting league rules, they have for large parts of the season been fielding inelligible players.

As a result, Matt Harris's side look set for a substantial points deduction and possible expulsion from the league cup - results like Saturday's defeat at home against St Just only serve to compound their misery

Both the visitors' goals came in the second half, the first from Jack Willis after an incisive pass from Neil Curnow.

The second cvame via the penalty spot, Curnow keeping his cool to convert after Ashley Ellis had been felled in the box.


Ludgvan 3 St Ives 1

Ludgvan toughed it out against a stubborn St Ives side at Fairfield, thought the visitors were forced to field an under-strength side.

All in all St IVes were without five first team regulars, but provided Ludgvan with a stern test all the same.

Jack Ramsay put the home side ahead from the penalty spot on the half hour mark, but barely a minute after the restart St Ives pulled level thanks to a fine strike from Andy Barry.

Jamie Devine restored Ludgvan's lead on the hour, and a Ryan Holland thunderbolt from 30 yards sealed the win.


Newquay 2 Troon 2

A point is a point for struggling Troon at this stage of the season, and with relegation rivals Goonhavern suffering defeat at home to Culdrose, it may prove priceless.

Gareth Horner put Troon into a deserved lead before Ross London equalised for the Peppermints.

Lachlan Brace put Newquay into the lead when tucked away a thourhg ball from Peter Butterly.

But a mis-kicked clearance late on fell to Andrew House, and the Troon striker found the back of the net to hand his side a lifeline in their quest to stay up.