Perranporth 1 Porthleven 1

A late Perranporth penalty denied Porthleven all three points at Ponsmere Valley on Saturday, as Dennis Annear's side made it three games without a win in division one west.

In blustery conditions on a bumpy pitch Port had the better chances, but Perranporth refused to lie down and in the end a point was a fair result.

Jordan Annear came back into the Porthleven side, but the Fishermen look set to be without his strike partner Chris Blango for the remainder of the season due to work commitments with the navy.

Which is surely a disappointment for Jordan Annear. The pair looked to have a struck up a potentially exciting partnership before Blango's forced absence.

Jordan Annear's excellent form in recent weeks means Port have continued to find the back of the net, but Annear Sr must find himeslf wondering whether having that extra firepower would have seen Port over the line in recent weeks - Saturday's game being no exception.

Port started brightly, with Kyle Fraser, deputising at right back in the absence of Chris Wormington, sending in a dangerous cross following a good run down the right wing.

Another Fraser cross into the box found Liam Hunter, but he failed to control the ball and Perranporth were able to clear.

Dennis Annear made a good stop from a Justin Miles free kick taken from the edge of the box, while at the other end son Tom almost found the head of Dan Tarrant with a dangerous looking ball whipped into the area.

Annear's best was yet to come, however, as former Port player Reg Pearson unleashed a fierce shot from range which the veteran stopper did superbly to tip over the bar.

Port eventually broke the deadlock in the 40th minute.

A probing run by Tom Annear down the right resulted in him cutting the ball back for Freddie Williams just inside the box, and he hammered his shot into the bottom corner.

Perranporth came back into the game after the break, with Paul Robertson's strike forcing another good save out of Dennis Annear.

Jordan Annear blasted a shot wide of the upright, but it was Perranporth who began to see more of the ball.

Sure enough, with 12 minutes left to play, Danny Carne cut inside his marker just inside the box only for Dan Greet to stick out a leg and send him tumbling.

The referee pointed to the spot and up stepped Justin Miles to plant the ball past Annear for the equaliser.

Port almost managed to find a winner late on when Jed McCardie shot wide after Jordan Annear had set him up.

But Perranporth also had a chance to snatch all three points, with Carne hitting the post after a storming run down the left.

Porthleven face local rivals Helston Athletic at Gala Parc on Good Friday, kick off 2pm.

Porthleven: D Annear, K Fraser, J Glover, D Tarrant, T Hawkins, J McCardie, D greet, J Annear, T Annear, F Williams. Subs: M Best, L Griffin, S Kay.