Falmouth Town 1 Bovey Tracey 2

Bovey Tracey came from a goal down to deny Falmouth Town the chance to secure their premier division status in front of a home crowd, and ensure the final game of the season at Bickland Park ended on a miserable note.

Second half goals from Frazer Clarke and Lewis Plackett cancelled out Town midfielder Dan Richardson's 29th minute opener as lacklustre Falmouth produced what manager John Dent described afterwards as "our worst performance of the season."

The result means Town are still not mathematically safe from the drop, although relegation rivals Cullompton and Tavistock would need to string together an unlikely sequence of victories in order to drag Dent's side back into trouble at the bottom.

Which is just as well, given how poor they were - particularly in the second half.

Town went into the game confident of putting their Bickland Park hoodoo to bed, but it was Bovey who almost took the lead in the fourth minute when a ball over the top released Clarke only for the rangy forward to fire just wide of the upright with only the keeper to beat.

It was a wake up call for Town, who picked up their game and began to dominate.

But all too often promising moves seemed to break down in the final third, and after 20 minutes the home side had failed to test Bovey keeper Lee Pascoe with a single shot on target.

Then on 29 minutes Town broke the deadlock with a goal that came out of nowhere.

Dom Batchelor bustled his way past Bovey defender Cliff Walters wide on the right before feeding the ball to Richardson on the edge of the box. The Town midfielder took a touch, looked up, and curled a superb effort into the far corner.

Buoyed by the goal Town continued to look lively, but after the break Bovey improved, and as the second half wore on Town began to struggle.

Jason Robertson made a good stop from a stinging drive by Clarke from just inside the box, and then another from Jordan Kewell soon after as Falmouth found themselves under pressure.

Eventually, in the 61st minute, they buckled. 

Another ball over the top of the home defence saw Clarke beat the offside trap, and this time, with Robertson rushing out to meet him, the Bovey forward thumped a shot just over his head and into the back of the net.

Ten minutes later the visitors took the lead.

With the Town defence caught flat-footed, a ball between defenders Joe Cooper and Ed Timmons on the right found Plackett, and he had time and space to race in on goal and dink a neat finish over Robertson.

Only Robertson's heroics in the Falmouth goal prevented Bovey from extending their lead, with the former Helston stopper making a point blank save from Plackett, and another fine block from Kewell's effort.

Town midfielder Gary Bell's shot on goal in the 75th minute forced Pascoe to make his only save of the afternoon, the Bovey keeper doing well to get down low to his left and palm the ball out for a corner.

But as Town laboured and the game became fractious Bovey shut up shop, running the clock down in comfort to claim three points and condemn Dent's side to yet another home defeat.

Falmouth Town: J Robertson, E Timmons, D Batchelor, G Bell (L Dent 78), R Pope, T Whipp (c), J Cooper, D Richardson, H Evans, R Wearne, A Westgarth. Subs (not used) A Taylor.

Bovey Tracey: L Pascoe, Cliff Walters, O Absalom, R Stanbridge, B Head, M Taylor, D Taylor (Chester Walters 44), L Plackett, J Kewell, F Clarke, J Lewington. Subs (not used) :