FALMOUTH Town boss John Dent said the referee spoilt Falmouth Town’s game away at St Blazey on Saturday.

James Greet was shown a straight red card in the first half during the South West Peninsula League match which the hosts won 1-0 thanks to a 40th minute strike from Lewis Coombes.

Dent said he thought the dismissal of Greet in the 34th minute was harsh after the referee believed he was the last man and prevented a goal scoring opportunity as he tussled with a St Blazey forward.

He went onto say he felt the match officials were not consistent during the game, which caused some frustration with Town personnel.

Dent said: “I feel the referee had a big influence on the game and sending James Greet off when he did really ruined the rest of the game.

“Rules are rules, but I don’t think it was a sending off.

“Their player had elbowed James in the build up, but the officials ignored that, and I felt we had a centre back and full back coming round to cover so I don’t think James was the last man.

“It meant we had to change things around at half time and take a striker off to make sure we got the formation right.

“The lads gave 110 per cent and what is more annoying is that we should have had a penalty in the last minute as Ryan Chinn was brought down in the box, but nothing was given even though the home fans said it was a foul too.

“Kayne Trevaskis was also brought down in similar fashion to what got James sent off in the second half, but the ref didn’t show a red, which is frustrating.”

The only goal of the match came as Coombes picked up the ball on the edge of the area before running into the penalty area unchallenged and firing into the net.

Dent said he thinks Town’s defending should have been better in the build-up.

“I thought we should have put a tackle in on him,” he said.

“So far we’ve conceded four goals this season and all have come from defensive lapses.

“We can’t keep letting opponents score so easily.”

FALMOUTH: Trudgian, Timmons, Cooper, Webb, Greet, Evans, Bell (Vanes, 50), Chinn, Sims (Williams, 70), Trevaskis, Wearne (Pope, 46).

SUB NOT USED: Sincock.

RED CARD: Greet – 34th minute.