Falmouth residents and pub-goers get scare with gas mains leak
1:01pm Wednesday 22nd April 2009 in Video
Punters in Falmouth’s Jacobs Ladder pub got a scare last night when power was out from a gas main leak.
The underground leak in the middle of Vernon Place at about 8.40pm yesterday left the pub and other houses in the area without power for the night.
Spencer Smith from the Jacob’s Ladder said: “All the slights started flickering and there was smoke coming out of the pavement, we were told there was an electrical fire under the pavement.
“The fire brigade were here pretty sharp.”
Fire crews from Falmouth checked the area and confirmed that the problem came from a gas mains leak and checked the houses in the area were safe.
Spencer added that engineers dug up the road and fixed the problem through the night, leaving at about 9.30 this morning