Try: Griffiths

Conversion: Jarvis


Tries: Cook, Bonds, Pascoe,

Hook, Bright,


Conversions: Hook (5)

Penalty: Hook

Mount's Bay: S. Larkins; O. Faulkner (rep J. Morrison 55m), S. Laloata, P. Nonu, J. Semmens (rep M. Mua 15m); L. Jarvis, B. Kearey; A. Flide, D. Semmens, D. Clackworthy (rep C. Hale 71m), J. Griffiths (capt), B. Hilton, E. Reid, S. Dyer, T. Outram (rep A. Nicholls 60m). Reps not used: J. Salter, R. Humphreys

Redruth: C. Bonds (capt) (rep S. Peters 70m); J. Caruana, P. Thirlby, PJ. Gidlow, T. McBride; M. Hook, M. Richards (rep S. Brown 70m); D. Jacques, B. Priddey (rep S. Harrison 55m), A. Morcom (rep P. Joyce 45m), D. Cook (rep R. Carroll 64m), L. Collins, N. Pascoe, J. Mann (rep C. Fuca 64m), M. Bright

Referee: Mr M. Bath (Somerset Society).

ON a glorious Easter evening at Camborne, Redruth won the Cornwall cup for a record 10th time with an awesome display of rugby that swept away the Mount's Bay challenge by six tries to one, to clock up the second biggest winning margin in 40 cup finals.

Redruth head coach Nigel Hambly was thrilled with his side's performance: "I'm really pleased for the players, they performed when it mattered. They are a good bunch of lads, they train extremely hard, they have real identity with the red shirt and are a credit to the club, I can't say how pleased I am. I was as pleased with the last minute as the first, in the way we defended our line."

For the CRFU the initiative of playing the Senior and Junior cup finals back to back on Easter Saturday was a success with good crowds enjoying two competitive games in brilliant sunshine on a well-prepared pitch.

The match was effectively over as a contest in the first 20 minutes as the Reds, playing at pace with good continuity, ran in four tries to race into a 26 point lead.

A charge by James Mann sucked in the Bay defence after six minutes and following a gallop by Luke Collins good support inside brought a try for Damien Cook that Mike Hook converted.

Two minutes later Jamie Caruana made inroads down the wing and good support saw Craig Bonds touch down near the posts for Hook to convert.

Another powerful burst by PJ Gidlow led to a try for Nathan Pascoe after 15 minutes, Hook's conversion putting Redruth 21 points clear.

Playing with confidence Hook clearly relished taking on Lee Jarvis and with turnover ball in midfield he ran around the defensive line to touch down in the left hand corner after 26 minutes.

Mount's Bay showed their potential in a good spell with skipper Jon Griffiths winning good line out ball they had Redruth under pressure for a good period through a very effective driving maul and it was no surprise when Griffiths touched down after Redruth had no answer to a tremendous driving maul in the 32nd minute. Former Welsh international Jarvis converting.

The Bay enjoyed a good spell and Pa Nonu, brother of the All Black Ma and Somoan Rugby League international Shane Laloata, tested Gidlow and Paul Thirlby but the Reds defence was outstanding as they went into the break 29-7 ahead after Hook added a penalty from in front of the posts.

Mark Bright, who ran in the Reds' fifth try with a run from the half way line early in the second half was presented with the man of the match trophy by Steve Skinner of competition sponsors Skinner's Brewery.

Bright is Redruth's talisman with 20 wins in 22 games since his arrival at the end of September last year. Bright along with coach Hambly is under contract to the club for the next two seasons as the club chase the dream of reaching national division one.

"We are very keen to do well and set high standards. It's always nice to perform on the day, cup finals are often dour affairs and to come out and play like that was real satisfying," said Hambly.

With 20 minutes to go after Bonds was stopped just short of the line Thirlby dived over for the Reds' sixth try. Hook's conversion gave him 18 points on the night.

Bay dominated the last 20 minutes, looking to use the rolling maul to drive over the line for a consolation score, but the Reds' defence refused to buckle.

Bay have had a tremendous run of success in the last seven years under Bernard Durrant, player coach Ricky Pellow and director of rugby Roger Moyle. They now have a task to pick them up for Sunday's RFU Intermediate cup final with Dunstablians at Twickenham.

Hambly paid tribute: "Mount's Bay are a tidy side and they are used to winning, so to give them a little bit of a going over was pleasing. It was nice for the fans as well, Mount's Bay gave us a bit of a hiding in a pre season friendly."

A smiling Craig Bonds received the cup from CRFU president David Chatterton.