THERE were fears that someone was inside a Truro flat when a fire broke out yesterday afternoon.

Four firefighting crews from Truro, Falmouth and Tolvaddon attended a call to a flat on fire in James Place, with the occupant suspected to be inside.

On crews arrival crews confirmed that the property had "Smoke Issuing", but thankfully all persons were accounted for.

The flat measured 6 x 4 metres and crews initially used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a thermal imaging camera.

Crews requested an ambulance to treat a casualty suffering smoke inhalation.

At 4.20pm crews were using four breathing apparatus, two hose reels on the fire.

Once the fire was confirmed out crews ventilated the property and checked the roof space.